Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO (2736 Views)

Professor Aliyu Mani Killed In University Of Maiduguri Mosque Bomb Blast (Pics) / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / Buhari Sacks His CSO, Appoints Usman As Replacement- Theeagleonline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by fretnot(m): 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
http://abusidiqu.com/why-buhari-sacked-abdulrahman-mani-as-his-cso/

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday sacked Abdulrahman Mani, as his chief security officer (CSO).Although, no reason was given for his sack, insider sources according to Thecable said he was sacked over some “shady deals” and for “undermining” the president.

According to the online newspaper report, Mani committed various misdemeanours, “chief among which was a recent discovery that he was actually the one who leaked Buhari’s itinerary to Diezani Alison-Madueke when he travelled to London in May”.Alison-Madueke, then minister of petroleum resources, had surprisingly travelled on the same British Airways flight with Buhari, sitting in the same cabin and right behind the then president-elect.The former minister normally flew private jets in and outside the country and her presence on the flight was not considered a coincidence.It was alleged that she wanted to curry the favour of Buhari following a series of allegations of corruption against her, although her aides denied the claim, maintaining that she was on a private trip for her son’s graduation.

“Investigations also revealed that Mani has been actively undermining the president, working against every value the president upholds and conducting himself in such a manner as to suggest that he is out to pull down the president,” the source said.Mani was appointed Buhari’s CSO after the presidential election in March.

Buhari also fired Widi Liman, his administrative officer, who was said to be hand-in-gloves with Mani in turning securing appointments with the president into a “business venture”.

Bashir Abubakar is the new CSO to the president while Mani has been redeployed to Ebonyi state.Abubakar was until now an assistant director in the Bayelsa state command of the Department of State Service (DSS).Liman, who is yet to be replaced, was a close aide to governor of Kaduna state, Nasir el-Rufai, while he was FCT minister. He has been transferred to Oyo state command of the DSS.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by dedos(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
I call it discipline.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Sunofgod(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
ok - but why did he sack Tinubu?

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Lobolintin(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
Snoring
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
Former Asst. Director at DSS in Bayelsa??

LoL, You go still sack this one..I promise

When the spirit of mama Piss begins to dwell in Aso Rock, you go know say dia ris god
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by richidinho(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
I heard the guy advised him to appoint his ministers
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Even Buhari supporters are tired of his lies and excuses. Omennka is the only one sinking with Daura President

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
richidinho:
I heard the guy advised him to appoint his ministers
chai, that's a treasonable offence

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Duru1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Daura dumbass is turning the Aso Rock into 1967 Dodan Barracks which was completely controlled by elements from northern region of Nigeria. I guess this is the change most dumbasses in Nigeria wanted.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by scribble: 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Buhari where are your cattle?

I can see some on this thread
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by doctokwus: 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
These are d kinds of fast, decisive actions we expect from PMB.A president's actions lays down the ground rules and all around him automatically key into those rules arising from the actions he takes based on his principles.
This is a classical case of action speaking louder than words.
Tell me how the new man would repeat the same crimes Mani committed,turning the presidency into a biz enterprise,clearly against d principles of PMB and the change mantra.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by shamsuRana(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
There should never be compromise for such kind of chumps.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by san316(m): 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
good. no room for spies.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Dannyset(m): 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
If this is true, then it should be dealt with accordingly. It is treason. U can't suddenly remove the depth of PDP root in Nigeria. 16 years isn't a short time. This is going to continue for long.
I guess this is why Buhari didn't trust anybody with his appointments and that's one reason he refused to move into Aso rock on time.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Iceking1(m): 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
Story...story
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Kill the dog, then later give it a bad name...
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by modath(f): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Even Buhari supporters are tired of his lies and excuses. Omennka is the only one sinking with Daura President

Lies, PMB is 100x the man your hero could never dream of being in 10 lifetimes..if not for the poo, he & his acolytes left for him to clean up, things wouldnt be this F-ed up!!

Its just that some of PMB's supporters are tired of the unproductive back & forth with you name calling tantrum throwing kids & antics.. its extremely rare to engage yall in constructive criticism without developing headache...

Buhari's legacy will be cast in iron..you can take that to the bank..

Omenka isn't alone & never gonna be..

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
they were redeployed not sacked.

dumb media and dumb journalist = dumb publications
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by babasir: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
heard the guy advised him to appoint his ministers[/quote]
From where did u hear that silly thing?[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by honourhim: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
Heads are gradually rolling. We dey come.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by agabaI23(m): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
modath:

Lies, PMB is 100x the man your hero could never dream of being in 10 lifetimes..if not for the poo, he & his acolytes left for him to clean up, things wouldnt be this F-ed up!!

Its just that some of PMB's supporters are tired of the unproductive back & forth with you name calling tantrum throwing kids antics.. its extremely rare to engage yall in constructive criticism without developing headache...

Omenka isn't alone & never gonna be..
I sincerely hope soooo wink But what defence do you about the rudderless situation of things? BH massacre has struck a new crescendo. What happened to the military that mounted a strong showing a few months back?
He is busy laughing with party chairman while bombs are going off in the north east. You guys expected GEJ to call off every engagement each time a bomb went off. Why is it that no one talking again? Hipocrisy...
Buhari has not done anything by sacking and replacing. Just showed he is not prepared for governance. He has failed to provide leadership and some aids are capitalising on the loopholes. If he goes on this way, he will be replacing his aids and ministers every week.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by talktimi(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Mani was sacked for countering the deranged orders of Buhari's ADC as regards DSS officials and the president's close body security.

This presidency might out is turning out to be the exact definition of cluelessness' buy Nigeria shall overcome cool
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by modath(f): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
agabaI23:
I sincerely hope soooo wink

Agabs, how ya doing? Great to hear from you. smiley

This right here is what i like, express hope & pray for the person to do well, if the person doesnt, one can go in & take hits at the person but in a situation where the antagonism is unrelenting, one just looks & hissssss!!

I never liked GEJ beyond 2010 & saw through the cool humble mien but never prayed for him to fail & didnt spend time bashing all his moves.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by talktimi(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
modath:

[s]Lies, PMB is 100x the man your hero could never dream of being in 10 lifetimes..if not for the poo, he & his acolytes left for him to clean up, things wouldnt be this F-ed up!!

Its just that some of PMB's supporters are tired of the unproductive back & forth with you name calling tantrum throwing kids antics.. its extremely rare to engage yall in constructive criticism without developing headache...

Omenka isn't alone & never gonna be.. [/s]
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by agabaI23(m): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
modath:

Agabs, how ya doing? Great to hear from you. smiley

This right here is what i like, express hope & pray for the person to do well, if the person doesnt, one can go in & take hits at the person but in a situation where the antagonism is unrelenting, one just looks & hissssss!!

I never liked GEJ beyond 2010 & saw through the cool humble mien but never prayed for him to fail & didnt spend time bashing all his moves.

I'm good oo what about ya? I am not gonna pray for him to fail. Did you pray for GEJ to succeed?

People are monitoring his moves because he raised hopes, demonized his predecessor and yet he has not scratched anything. I updated my other response wink
He can only shut people up by performing. Anything less than that will attract worse criticism than the bile poured on GEJ.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by modath(f): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
agabaI23:
I'm good oo what about ya? I am not gonna pray for him to fail. Did you pray for GEJ to succeed?

People are monitoring his moves because he raised hopes, demonized his predecessor and yet he has not scratched anything. I updated my other response wink
He can only shut people up by performing. Anything less than that will attract worse criticism than the bile poured on GEJ.

Agabs, im good, will drop anyday, take some time off & resurrect our other thread in record time... smiley

How long did it take Obama to get Bin Laden croaked, get affordable health plan & gay marriage passed? Haba nah, PMB has not even spent 40 days and you are talking scratching the surface...What miracle were you expecting in 40 days exactly? Dont mention political appointees, crazier problems bin dey wey pass.

I am a mum, raising children, who is praying for a better country for my kids & God sees my heart, i never prayed for Jona to fail, i will be "shaiting" where i eat if i did that.

I was on his side when Turai was messing him up simply because im for due process, but didnt want him as a long term president cos he didnt have any impact during his bayelsa reign & his lacklustre jamboree of a campaign with no "substance" never endeared me to him, but when he won, i hoped & prayed for the best.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by zik4ever: 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
While we are commenting and analysing, insulting and abusing each other, arguing and debating, human beings like us are being slaughtered, killed, rendered homeless, turned to orphans and widows in Plateau, Borno and other States. Many of them are indigenes of those places. Some are sleeping on mountains with no food to eat and cover for the cold night. Lets not get distracted. We demand "change" from issuing statments of condemnation and promises of future actions. The murderers have even increased their criminality and mindless killings in recent weeks. The Naira is collapsing like a pack of cards.
Re: Why Buhari Sacked Abdulrahman Mani As His CSO by agabaI23(m): 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
modath:

Agabs, im good, will drop anyday, take some time off & resurrect our other thread in record time... smiley

How long did it take Obama to get Bin Laden croaked, get affordable health plan & gay marriage passed? Haba nah, PMB has not even spent 40 days and you are talking scratching the surface...What miracle were you expecting in 40 days exactly? Dont mention political appointees, crazier problems bin dey wey pass.

I am a mum, raising children, who is praying for a better country for my kids & God sees my heart, i never prayed for Jona to fail, i will be "shaiting" where i eat if i did that.

I was on his side when Turai was messing him up simply because im for due process, but didnt want him as a long term president cos he didnt have any impact during his bayelsa reign & his lacklustre jamboree of a campaign with no "substance" never endeared me to him, but when he won, i hoped & prayed for the best.
Wow, good to hear. If I understood you well, I'm waiting for the gnews. I was there a while ago. Will try to push it up again. I have been doing 1 month on , 1 month off. except for weekend stuff.

You didn't give GEJ a chance at all so whatever he would have done albeit right might seem stupid to you. That's why you are talking about time for Buhari , a consideration you never extended to GEJ.

BH was subdued before he came in, why didn't he maintain the status quo if he was not going to take it to the next level as he promised?

(1) (Reply)

Picture-dmgs Onitsha. 90years Of Existence / General Buhari Is A Daura Dullar.d [See Proof] / Can You Believe This Is Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.