Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? (76313 Views)

US First Daughter Sasha Obama Serves Seafood In Summer Job / Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England / When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2015
Meeting Your partner's family for the first time and you were served these, which one will you eat?

It’s time to take a trip around the world and delve into all the weird foods our species like to chow down. Unfortunately, the world isn’t only full of those tasty breakfasts we spoilt you with a while back.

Source: http://www.hostelworld.com/blog/the-50-weirdest-foods-from-around-the-world/158695

1. Shiokara, Japan

Now this really does sound bad. A dish made of pieces of meat taken from a selection of sea creatures, served in a brown, viscous paste of their own salted and fermented viscera. Oh, I forgot to say, it’s all served raw. You enjoy, I’m going to grab a bucket.

caracta

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2015
What's the message? That you are in Japan.

Updated....

Like I said before. Am not a fan of Ftc.

Anyway....I will dedicate this to njays24 and dickrider
for changing from their abusive nature to tolerant , ladylike nairalanders who will learn to stop being abusive even when others opinions differ from theirs.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by demmy0325(m): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2015
Whats that.. undecided

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2015
2. Jing leed (Grasshoppers), Thailand/Africa.

So, yes, this is a big old grasshopper seasoned with salt, pepper power and chilli and fried in a big wok. Tastes a little like hollow popcorn skin… except a little juice squirts out when you bite into it… nice.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Welrez(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2015
No, thank you!

3 Likes

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2015
3. Wasp crackers, Japan.

Yep, you guessed it, it’s a biscuit filled with wasps. Think chocolate chip cookies, only the insects replace the choccy chips. Apparently the digger wasp, which the biscuit contains, has a pretty mean sting. I wish your tongue good luck.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2015
4. Fried spider, Cambodia.

Fried spider is a regional delicacy popular in the Cambodian town of Skuon, prepared by marinating it in MSG, sugar and salt and then frying it in garlic. Apparently it has more meat on it than a grasshopper, but also has brown sludge in the abdomen, which consists of mainly innards, eggs and excrement. Yum.

"Do you remember king Solomon's mine grin"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by powerfulsettingz: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2015
tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2015
5. Beondegi (Silkworms), Korea.

Mmm, lovely silkworm. Simply boiled or steamed and lightly seasoned, this is popular snack all over Korea and usually sold from street vendors. Apparently they taste like wood, if you’ve ever tried wood…?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2015
6. Escargots à la bourguignonne, France.

Snails cooked in a sauce of white wine, garlic, butter and parsley served in their shells. Said to have a similar consistency to mussels or clams, though I found them to be pretty rubbery. Perhaps best to try in a decent, reasonably priced restaurant rather than the satay version down a back street in Hong Kong.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Infomizer(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2015
We gon dine together!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2015
7. 100 or 1000 year old egg/century egg/millenium egg, China.

It’s neither a century nor a millennium old, but this egg is pretty rotten. After being preserved in a mixture of clay,ash and quicklime for a few months, the yolk turns a dark green or even black and slimy while the white has turns to a dark brown translucent jelly. Apparently it smells of strongly of sulphur and ammonia, but tastes like a hardboiled egg.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2015
8. Dog, Korea, China, and Vietnam. Ondo&Calabar(Nigeria).

But this always breaks my heart. As someone who had a dog growing up, who was part of the family and treated as a little four legged sister, it’s tough to see dog carcasses roasted beyond recognition or locked in those tight little cages, waiting for the slaughter. But then I eat all the animals we deem fit for farming over here, so this one is going to turn into a long argument. While not widely consumed in Korea these days, dog meat is big money in Vietnam, leading to a massive increase in the stealing of family pets.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2015
9. Frogs legs, France, Southeast Asia and other.

Basically the back end and back legs of a frog, grilled, baked, fried or stewed. With the texture of chicken with a very faint taste of fish, it’s one of my favourite kind of meats. Try it with chilli as part of Cantonese cuisine orroasted and served with a garlic and cream sauce.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
10. Crocodile, Australia, Southeast Asia and Africa.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
disgusting

it's obvious my partner mum is trying to ruin my relationship with her son

and this is her subtle way of going about it

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by kestolove95(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2015
dix people shud betr cum to nigeria b4 hungry kil una o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2015
11. Guinea pig, South America.

A strange one, because again I see this as kind of wrong. Yet I know over here we use guinea pigs in all sorts of medical tests and experiments, which is far worse. Typically served whole and roasted or in a casserole, guinea pig is said to have a similar flavour to rabbit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2015
12. Balut, Philippines.

A developing duck embryo that’s boiled alive in its shell. As well as sounding incredibly harsh, it looks incredibly unappetising. Still, it’s a common street food and is usually served with beers. Can’t say I have the stomach for it.

6 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Monicasque(f): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2015
I will not lie nor pretend. I will politely tell them dat there are certain things which i dnt eat, and dat is one of dem

18 Likes

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
11. Guinea pig, South America.

A strange one, because again I see this as kind of wrong. Yet I know over here we use guinea pigs in all sorts of medical tests and experiments, which is far worse. Typically served whole and roasted or in a casserole, guinea pig is said to have a similar flavour to rabbit.

Guinea pigs are a delicacy here. It is bred and eaten up north real tasty

3 Likes

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2015
where is goulash?
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2015
13. Turtle soup, China, Singapore and United States.

Made using the meat, skin and innards of the soft-shell turtle in East Asia or the snapping turtle in the United States, this is considered something of a Chinese delicacy. However, after seeing turtles slaughtered in the Hong Kong wet markets I vowed I’d never eat this dish.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Johnrake69: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2015
Wow
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2015
yuck!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 05, 2015
Monicasque:
I will not lie nor pretend. I will politely tell them dat there are certain things which i dnt eat, and dat is one of dem

Lol. What if the mum now tell you that as long as you are willing to be part of the family, you must accept their ways of life and eat everything they eat?

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 05, 2015
mcchaka:
yuck!!!

grin
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 05, 2015
14. Southern fried rattlesnake, United States.

A favourite in the Southwestern United States, it’s said to taste a little like frogs legs. Experts advise boiling the meat offthe bones before dipping in egg and covering in seasoned salt mix, flour and breadcrumbs. Deep fat fry and munch away.

1 Like

15. Starfish, China.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2015
I would gladly eat all the food listed above except the dog meat.
My personal motto: Eat everything and anything you see, if anyone complains about it, eat that person as well! angry

Friedplantain

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2015
16. Chicken’s feet,(World wide) East Asia, Caribbean, South America and South Africa.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by niggi4life(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2015
embarassed pukes cry

9 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Looking For The Best Nylon Design And Print For Bread, Rice Flour, Chicken E.t.c / See The Big Bush Meat I Killed Today / What’s This Animal Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.