Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,712 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? (76392 Views)

US First Daughter Sasha Obama Serves Seafood In Summer Job / Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England / When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by MrPresident1: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Awon oni'jekuje angry

3 Likes

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Haywhymido(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
ah don hear. wicked people.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Seriously i pray none of us will have anything to do with HUNGER,Hmmmn,reverse will be the case,the "I can't" will turn to "I can" just to fill your tummy,that of the Dog meat is a delicacy for the Ekimoguns,especially during the annual Ogun festival, Sile12 thumbs up bro

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by cbaba: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
I will eat every.but that live chick..nooo

Remember to check my posts for rechargeable fans...12inch is 7k while 16inch is 12k...08185029114 whatsapp only.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
11. Guinea pig, South America.

A strange one, because again I see this as kind of wrong. Yet I know over here we use guinea pigs in all sorts of medical tests and experiments, which is far worse. Typically served whole and roasted or in a casserole, guinea pig is said to have a similar flavour to rabbit.

I could eat this....
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
12. Balut, Philippines.

A developing duck embryo that’s boiled alive in its shell. As well as sounding incredibly harsh, it looks incredibly unappetising. Still, it’s a common street food and is usually served with beers. Can’t say I have the stomach for it.

shocked
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
16. Chicken’s feet,(World wide) East Asia, Caribbean, South America and South Africa.

Now this I can eat!
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by adesbreath: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
12. Balut, Philippines.

A developing duck embryo that’s boiled alive in its shell. As well as sounding incredibly harsh, it looks incredibly unappetising. Still, it’s a common street food and is usually served with beers. Can’t say I have the stomach for it.

Really disgusting I must say.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by WukedP(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
U know how many people WA Chinese people be? if them no dey eat all those bats, dogs, cochroaches, rats n Co. Food better food for no reach us for this world

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Ishilove: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:

Lol. What if the mum now tell you that as long as you are willing to be part of the family, you must accept their ways of life and eat everything they eat?
Then I will get up, dust my nyash and tell them 'ngwanu byebye' embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
mcchaka:
I will tell dem to make EBA for me abeg.

When in Rome...or in Tokyo, Bangkok or Paris....do as the....
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wow delicious. I will gladly eat any of that except 1, 7, 12 and 19. Rat!!! Disgusting!!
sukkot:
i see black men, always igbo, married to these chinese women and i say ' ugh ', how could you ? these igbo boys will stick their dingaling in anything that moves. heck if i find out a black woman eats big rats, i cant even touch her. the rat has become part of her flesh. its like making love to a rat if you sleep with this woman. ( which they purposely call bushmeat so as not to make it sound gross but it really is a big rat. some call it grasscutter ). ughhhh or should i say ewwww
Wow delicious. I will gladly eat any of that except 1, 7, 12 and 19. Rat!!! Disgusting!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
17. Bat Soup, China and Thailand.

EBOLA ALERT! EBOLA ALERT!
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by RaeMystix: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
9. Frogs legs, France, Southeast Asia and other.

Basically the back end and back legs of a frog, grilled, baked, fried or stewed. With the texture of chicken with a very faint taste of fish, it’s one of my favourite kind of meats. Try it with chilli as part of Cantonese cuisine orroasted and served with a garlic and cream sauce.

I remember some years back....My father took me and his friend to a Chinese restaurant. I was so excited to try out some Chinese delicacy, as a result of been my first time at a Chinese resturant.

Then; Some waitress brought out a plate of soup and some meat inside of it....Calling it our first course....I remember looking at the plate with joy, and couldn't wait to dig in.

Then, i realized i had to re-adjust my glasses, just to make sure i actually wasn't hallucinating.....There it was....A frog with its let's wide open...stirring at me....My eyes were glued to the plate for a few secs
, then I finally recovered back to my senses, and kindly told her to take the plate back.

The waitress kept coming back to ask me if I wanted anything out of the menu, and even went as far as trying to tell give me other options with chicken in it....All I kept saying was "No thank you"......I ended up eating nothing at that restaurant. ....I even pushed away my drink. To really to duscribe the extent of disgust I had while sitting in that restaurant.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
19. Rats.

There was once a time when people only ate rats in extreme cases of hunger, but now in many parts of the world, Vietnam, Malawi, Kenya to name a few, it is perfectly acceptable to consume fried, salted or dried rats.

Some people in Nigeria eat rat.

Once went on a rat hunt when I was twelve. (It was not successful).
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by drmaxayuba(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
I Eat Grass Hoppers so no big deal

http://applyfor.tk

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by callonme(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
I will eat for the sake of love then I will inform her...

To watch out for my award-winning blog.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by adesbreath: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I would gladly eat all the food listed above except the dog meat.
My personal motto: Eat everything and anything you see, if anyone complains about it, eat that person as well! angry

Friedplantain

You are very funny, but I am very sure u will puke at the first try. Lol!
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
20. Snake Wine.

As the name suggests snake wine is an alcoholic beverage made with snake and rice wine (or grain alcohol). Many of thesnakes are venomous, but the ethanol makes it safe to drink. There are two types of snake wine – you either immerse a snake in rice wine and leave it for many months, or you drain the fluids of a snake directly into the alcohol and take it as a shot. Snake wine is a traditional part of many regional cuisines in China, and is believed to be particularly good for the health.

Source: http://www.kic.org.uk/pathways/blog/top-10-unusual-foods-eaten-around-the-world/

I don't drink!

(For once....happy to say that!).
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I would gladly eat all the food listed above except the dog meat.
My personal motto: Eat everything and anything you see, if anyone complains about it, eat that person as well! angry

Friedplantain
Lol......the dog meat is the only food in the list I can manage.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by chinedusamson(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
i'll ask her..what da fu*k..i don't eat modern junk food.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
21. Fried Baby Birds.

These are fried baby birds of some description, stackedup on a market stall in central Phnom Penh, Cambodia. It was not unusual to see these on a regular basis, along with fried tarantulas. I imagine the meat is a lot more tender than on a fully grown bird, so it’s not that dissimilar to us eating lamb or veal, but what is bizarre is the way these birds are presented whole with their heads still attached, but hanging limply from their bodies where the neck has been broken.

This is animal abuse! How can they do this to those poor babies? Cut down before their prime! Oh the outrage......their poor mothers must be looking all over for them.....
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ishilove:

Then I will get up, dust my nyash and tell them 'ngwanu byebye' embarassed embarassed

I can't laff joor, u so funny.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by adesbreath: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
17. Bat Soup, China and Thailand.

U don't say, is that the head of the bat....men I rather stay hungry than to eat this soon it will be owl soup... anyama!!
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by lomprico(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Bon apetti!

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by jonadaft: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12, I CAN ONLY MANAGE .16 and. 18
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by ruggedtimi(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
10. Crocodile, Australia, Southeast Asia and Africa.
i have tasted some be4
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
Gladly eat d grasdhoppers...... mehn
e be like say make i just see one here

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
sukkot:
chinese and japanese are savages. asians generally are savages

And the Chinese will be putting a man on the moon in the next ten years.

Japan.....world leader in Science and technology.....inventors of many things...including the world's first submarine-cum-aircraft carrier.

Meanwhile in Nigeria....we continue playing silly tribalist games, blow up people,loot and loot....and at the end of the day blame the whites.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
lomprico:
Bon apetti!
jeeeeeesu
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by santakris(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sile12:
2. Jing leed (Grasshoppers), Thailand/Africa.

So, yes, this is a big old grasshopper seasoned with salt, pepper power and chilli and fried in a big wok. Tastes a little like hollow popcorn skin… except a little juice squirts out when you bite into it… nice.
I ate this one when I was doing my NYSC in maiduguri. It's nice.
Re: If Your Partner's Mum Serves You Any Of These, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
Leviticus 11:41-44

41 "'Any creature that swarms on the
ground is a detestable thing; it is not
to be eaten -

42 whatever moves on its
stomach, goes on all fours, or has many
legs -all creatures that swarm on the
ground; you are not to eat them,
because they are a detestable thing.

43 You are not to make yourselves
detestable with any of these swarming,
crawling creatures; do not make
yourselves unclean with them, do not
defile yourselves with them.

44 For I am ADONAI your God; therefore,
consecrate yourselves and be holy, for I
am holy; and do not defile yourselves
with any kind of swarming creature that
moves along the ground.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Big Bush Meat I Killed Today / What’s This Animal Called? / Man Kills A Huge Python That 'Visited Him' On His Birthday At 2am (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.