Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (698016 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by initialize(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
ceejay80s:

As long as nepa is concerned in nigeria, every home dey experience am , before my setup, my house dry, but now especially weekends my TV is on almost 24hrs , I want to really know how long my batteries will last but nepa no gree, the highest my battery has gone is 8hrs before nepa go remember us, I Wish nepa won't give me light the whole of next week sunday, let me see how long my battery will last, but I am planning on adding one more 40ah battery to make mine 200ah, I wan beat initialize record 360ah!!!! That guy dey vex

Lol... Once you get to 350ah, I will go as high 750ah or 800ah. tongue.

Thank you ceejay80s for bringing this inverter setup to my mind. No light since 5pm and my inverter has been at work Powering my 32inch JVC Full HD Led TV, 18" standing fan, Qsat+ Strong decoder, Spectranet CPE, Laptop and phones.

I don't have to rush downstairs to put on the get or worry about going to turn it off later.

Thank you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
pato405:

that guy vex seriously. I had to read the 2 X 180ah twice to be sure of what I was seeing. shocked grin. Only 65ah wey I buy, I'm enjoying like this talk much less of 360 (6 times my current amperage!). May be him wan power AC and freezer!

I'm not combining my new battery with the old one. As a matter of fact, I have called one guy who deals in old inverter batteries some streets adjacent to mine. He is offering 3k for the old 100AH and 1.5K for another car battery I replaced sometime ago, that totals 4k.. grin. Na something. I go add am small cash buy the 80watt solar. Little by little I go push DICO behind. cool

Bro wats wrong with the 100AH ba3?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saleskara: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
There are multiple categories of Luminous inverters that support the solar installation. It starts from 1.5KVA and we have other luminous inverter[url] http://www.kara.com.ng/luminous-power-inverters models [/url] [quote author=bobojoshua post=40867757][/quote]
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 12:43am On Dec 21, 2015
ceejay80s:

The ups is faulty or not working, it needs replacing
tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2015
Penuelseun:
Good day guys, pls I saw a new 40ah new battery for 9000 & a used 100ah battery for 25000, is it okay for that price?
Guy I just read ur post again, no mind me, I don dey old
Used 100ah battery for 25k is to expensive
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2015
initialize:

Alright

Battery Guy: Joe 08165471228 (Shop C4 Oshodi)

Inverter Person: Netroy 08099203888 or search on konga

***My whole setup cost***

2pcs Used 180AH Batteries @ #25,000/pcs = #50,000

1pcs New Mercury 2.4KVa Inverter = #22,000

Transportation + Overhead cost = #3,000

Total = #75,000

cool The cheapest I've seen this on eCommerce sites is #180,000, so i feel good cheesy
So...which means u have saved 180,000 - 75,000 = 105,000
So u have saved ur self 105,000 ?
That money buy motor for kabukabu
If those boys tell u how much dem go use install am alone for u, u will prefer to stay in darkness, the prices they charge for inverter,battery and installation wan make me run mad, and then I said to my self, I can do this on my own, thank God for internet, that was when I discovered that even a ups can do the trick at a cheaper price

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mindtricks: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2015
ceejay80s:

Chidi sam ventures . 3 labinjo street off idioro mushin lagos, 08033308811 , 08026886648. When u get to idioro bustop at mushin , ask for direction or call
Boss, this your project how does it serve with powering a laptop, can it carry a ceiling fan, and like how long?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2015
mindtricks:

Boss, this your project how does it serve with powering a laptop, can it carry a ceiling fan, and like how long?
It will power ur laptop very well,
The man that sells the smart charger at mushin has a 200ah battery that powers his 14inch box TV, ceiling fan and bulb in his shop and he said it will power them for 5hrs, but energy saving stuffs will last longer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2015
operaabel:

Bro wats wrong with the 100AH ba3?

very weak. hardly lasts longer than 3hrs on a 30watt load.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2015
ceejay80s:

So...which means u have saved 180,000 - 75,000 = 105,000
So u have saved ur self 105,000 ?
That money buy motor for kabukabu
If those boys tell u how much dem go use install am alone for u, u will prefer to stay in darkness, the prices they charge for inverter,battery and installation wan make me run man, and then I said to my self, I can do this on my own, thank God for internet, that was when I discovered that even a ups can do the trick at a cheaper price

You've said it all! very scary prices. I thought I could never own one. Now, with under 50K, I've installed mine and also thinking of even adding solar panel to it. Those guys are making money, especially from people who don't care or have time to learn the principles and how it works.

* meanwhile, up till now, I still DONT have power. No light in my area, one full week and still counting! angry

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2015
Funny guy think he owns this thread. In that case remove me from it.

If "don't be a smart ass" is an insult, I suggest you ask for a tuition refund.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2015
pato405:

very weak. hardly lasts longer than 3hrs on a 30watt load.
Alright.. Am coming for the Ups on saturday.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ty207: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
coderXO:
Funny guy think he owns this thread. In that case remove me from it.

If "don't be a smart ass" is an insult, I suggest you ask for a tuition refund.

Guy stop all this and move on...

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
What are the disadvantages of charging an
inverter battery with ordinary charger

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
pato405:

bros na wah! the battery is reliable.

wait a minute! did I hear you say charge the battery before use? yawah don gas be that o! I used it straight 8hrs yesterday without charging! I put it off myself as it didn't go off and my inverter didn't signal that the battery was weak. no light since Wednesday, to make matters worse, NEPA (PHCN or DISCO) or whatever they call themselves has forsaken us in Gbagada. Light situation demands urgent declaration of 'state of EMERGENCY' ..no light to charge and no fuel. I don tire! solve one problem, another one emerges. up till now that I type these words, still no light. I'm thinking of buying one 80watt solar panel (10k) with a 10amp solar charge controller, so I can forget DISCO and their stupid supply. the most annoying is that they bring estimated bill of 10k for me every month.

@pato i am interested in the solar panel
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
I saw a used 300watts inverter at ups sellers shop today and its cheap, u can call him if u need the inverter instead of the ups
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
ceejay80s:
I saw a used 300watts inverter at ups sellers shop today and it cheap, u can call him if u need the inverter instead of the ups
What benefit does an inverter have over a UPS?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

What benefit does an inverter have over a UPS?
They are both same ,It depends on the watt of both of them, this 300watts inverter is no better than a 650va ups because a 650va bluegate or matron ups is 390watts and apc 650va ups is 400watts while the inverter is 300watt, the load the 650va ups can withstand a 300watt inverter can't withstand it apart from the load,
I could be wrong though.....
both are same thing, both has power surge protector etc
U can also get a 1.5kva ups just as u can get 1.5kva inverter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by TOPMAN4LIFE: 1:03am On Dec 22, 2015
ceejay80s:

They are both same ,It depends on the watt of both of them, this 300watts inverter is no better than a 650va ups because a 650va bluegate or matron ups is 390watts and apc 650va ups is 400watts while the inverter is 300watt, the load the 650va ups can withstand a 300watt inverter can't withstand it apart from the load,
I could be wrong though.....
both are same thing, both has power surge protector etc
U can also get a 1.5kva ups just as u can get 1.5kva inverter
Pls Ceejay80, I reall appreaciate ur thread on ds cheap inverter
I just finished reading from page 1 to 18
It is like u said in a page dt if we want to use new UPS for ds set up, we wil not plug d UPS to power socket
Pls, explain better on how to use NEW UPS
Is it adviseable to use new UPS
What r d merits & demerits
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:32am On Dec 22, 2015
TOPMAN4LIFE:

Pls Ceejay80, I reall appreaciate ur thread on ds cheap inverter
I just finished reading from page 1 to 18
It is like u said in a page dt if we want to use new UPS for ds set up, we wil not plug d UPS to power socket
Pls, explain better on how to use NEW UPS
Is it adviseable to use new UPS
What r d merits & demerits
Old or new ,u must plug the ups to power socket,
U can use new ups if u wish but its the 650va models, the one that uses only one battery inside.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
ceejay80s:

Old or new ,u must plug the ups to power socket,
U can use new ups if u wish but its the 650va models, the one that uses only one battery inside.

But wait Ceejay, what does plugging the UPS to a power socket really benefit you? afterall, the reason for plugging it is to enable you charge the battery when there is power. However, in this set-up you are no longer depending on the UPS for charging (as you are now using a Smart Charger) or are you trying to make it automatic - power is supplied to your electronic gadgets as soon as NEPA goes off? Is that the reason?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
pato405:

But wait Ceejay, what does plugging the UPS to a power socket really benefit you? afterall, the reason for plugging it is to enable you charge the battery when there is power. However, in this set-up you are no longer depending on the UPS for charging (as you are now using a Smart Charger) or are you trying to make it automatic - power is supplied to your electronic gadgets as soon as NEPA goes off? Is that the reason?

Pato it's important to keep ur UPS plugged in to maximize your battery life as well as the span, when it's plugged in and nepa restores light; the load is taken off the batteries and direct current runs thru to power ur appliances, so the load only begins to draw current from the batteries when the lite goes off.

Hope u're clear now?

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
joehis2013:

@pato i am interested in the solar panel

Ok. You want to sponsor it? grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
saint2ace:

Pato it's important to keep ur UPS plugged in to maximize your battery life as well as the span, when it's plugged in and nepa restores light; the load is taken off the batteries and direct current runs thru to power ur appliances, so the load only begins to draw current from the batteries when the lite goes off.

Hope u're clear now?

Ok my engineer!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
pato405:

Ok my engineer!

Bro,Hope U're Keeping the UPS for Me??
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
I have 5 used ups for sale
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
pato405:

Even the man that sells the smart charger has the smart charger Connected to his 200aH battery and at the same time all are connected to his inverter in his shop, he said the engineer that connected it told him did it so to enable charge better,u can call him to verify, since u bought ur smart charger from him, some 650va ups current charge is just 2amp or 3amp , if u check some generators ,their current charge is just 7amp, so if u combine ur ups current charge amp which is just 2 or 3 amp + ur smart charger amp which is 20 amp, e no reach 25amp, 650Va ups are smart in charging, cos they don't overcharge but its just that the current charge is very low, it can only charge a depleted 12v 7ah battery faster for 6hrs, but will charge a depleted 80ah battery for 3days or more and I mean 24hrs full light in three days to charge an 80ah battery, if nepa fit give u light full 24hrs ,why the hell do we need the inverter?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
saint2ace:

Hope u're clear now?
Wise answer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by orahij: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2015
please I have a brand new 650va ups, should I remove the battery inside it b4 connecting my bigger battery or should I do a parallel connection between the small battery inside d ups and the big external battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:16am On Dec 23, 2015
orahij:
please I have a brand new 650va ups, should I remove the battery inside it b4 connecting my bigger battery or should I do a parallel connection between the small battery inside d ups and the big external battery.
U don't need the small battery inside again and u can connect in parallel but the amp won't get that higher
e.g : a 650va ups has only 12v 7ah battery inside, let's say u connect to 12v 40ah battery in parallel ,it will be total of 12v 47ah, so my guy its not much but u can still do it if u want
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2015
I need 40ah battery now for my batteries to be a total of 200ah,, just added s little load on it (2) 11watts energy saving bulbs, I couldn't get the 5watts energy savings bulb ,I neatly constructed one myself outside my house and another one inside my house with two on and off switches for both, 40ah batteries are scarce and I need one now
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
For those who want to connect 2 or more batteries in parallel,
If u have 2 batteries,
battery A and battery B
Connect a red wire from battery A + to battery B +
Connect black wire from battery A - to battery B -
When u are done with the first part
Don't connect battery A - and battery A+ to ur ups or smart charrger,
Don't connect battery B- and battery B + to ur ups or smart charger too
Connect battery A + to ups and smart charger and connect battery B - to ups and smart charger
The reason for this is that if u connect battery A - and battery A+ to the ups and charger the battery A will charge faster than battery B and once battery a is full the smart charger turns off, same thing when connected to the ups, the ups will draw more current in battery A than battery B, and it will kill battery A quicker reducing its life span and when this occurs all the time ,u will notice ur battery not lasting like they should , one battery is doing more work than the other.
To balance both batteries to be equal... U need to connect battery A- to ur ups and smart charger and battery B+ to ur ups and smart charger, it will balance the current charging. And also the current its supplying the ups
See picture below

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.