Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (705332 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bomeri(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2015
Naijaepic:

I can delivered to PHC, if you are ready to buy let me know.

Sorry would rather test the battery then pay. thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bomeri(m): 9:36am On Dec 29, 2015
Leopantro:

Try and connect with engineers that service ATM machines or go to the maintenance unit of big hospitals and industries or dialysis centers.

Thanks will do
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Liadi2(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2015
Good morning, pls guys don't place your battery on bare floor if u don't want story oooooo that is my advice
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2015
ceejay80s:

U have to take a clean picture of it, these 1.2kva blue gate ups has 2 types, there's one connected in series and I have seen another that u can connected in parallel and it has 2 batteries inside
.i will upload d picx shortly
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
ceejay80s:

Guy don't litter this thread with same add in a page, ur one add is already enough , do this again and I will have the moderator remove ur post

Trojans! they have invaded your thread! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWTMB!

They wait for opportunities like this, and then booooooooom! they spam everywhere with long adverts. You must buy from them o! grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Kristchian(m): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2015
pls ceejay, with this set up can i charge with generator (i mean i pass my neighbour gen oh)

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Kristchian:
pls ceejay, with this set up can i charge with generator (i mean i pass my neighbour gen oh)
Don't know about I better pass my neighbour generator, I know that those bigger than I Better pass my neighbors generator can charge
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by afeez20(m): 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hello ceejay80
Thank you so much for this eye opener
Please I want to use a UPS for my setup.
If Nepa carry light UPS always make beep sound,how do I only setup to hear these sound when the battery is on its last hour of usage instead of the beginning?
Thanks in anticipation for your reply
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
afeez20:
Hello ceejay80
Thank you so much for this eye opener
Please I want to use a UPS for my setup.
If Nepa carry light UPS always make beep sound,how do I only setup to hear these sound when the battery is on its last hour of usage instead of the beginning?
Thanks in anticipation for your reply
Really sorry my guy, I don't understand ur question
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
Happy new year

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 12:23am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year to you All. Wishing you the very best in 2016
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Hello Mr. Initialize, can i use a 2.5kva (rated output = 1.8 kilowatts) generator to power the Mercury 2.4kva (24V) inverter with two 200 AH batteries?

initialize:

Hahaha! I won't mind

No light now, Inverter at work.

The Mercury 2.4KVA is a 24V inverter as such 2 batteries need to be connected in series to make it work, additional batteries will then be added in parallel to the initially connected batteries in series.

The Battery connector cables came with the new inverter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New year all!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kristchian:

of course you can. Your smart charger only requires 110-220v input to charge your batteries - which your gen can provide. isn't it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hi due to dollar fluctuations what the new total.price of the needed equipments for setup Tnx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
pls whot does 1200va/600 watts mean because it writen at d back of my ups.thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
habib55:
pls whot does 1200va/600 watts mean because it writen at d back of my ups.thanks
1200va ups is same as 1.2kva ,all 1200va or 1.2kva ups are mostly 600watts and almost all 650va ups are 390watts
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
moski5:
Hi due to dollar fluctuations what the new total.price of the needed equipments for setup Tnx
No body can give u the exact price cos non of us get shop or sell but we can give u rough estimate, even that man that sell smart charger at mushin sef is complaining that exchange rate is high and he is still selling same price and its true cos I have seen 20amp smart charger at oshodi and it expensive ,
But tell me what u want to load and I will give u a rough estimate
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
ceejay80s:

1200va ups is same as 1.2kva ,all 1200va or 1.2kva ups are mostly 600watts and almost all 650va ups are 390watts
.thanks, but does it mean i can load d ups with upto 1000watt load.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
habib55:
.thanks, but does it mean i can load d ups with upto 1000watt load.

Yes u can, but it's not advisable as the maximum load u can put on the UPS is 600watts; that why it written on the sticker. Optimal performance is at 600watts, like ceejay80s said from inception the less load the better and the longer ur battery can go. My 2 pences. Regards
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by afeez20(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
ceejay80s:

Really sorry my guy, I don't understand it question
Universal power supply always make beeping noise when phcn/Nepa/mains is cut off and it's on battery.
How can I eradicate this noise when I'm using the (Ups+battery+charger) setup.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
saint2ace:

Yes u can, but it's not advisable as the maximum load u can put on the UPS is 600watts; that why it written on the sticker. Optimal performance is at 600watts, like ceejay80s said from inception the less load the better and the longer ur battery can go. My 2 pences. Regards
.ok thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
afeez20:

Universal power supply always make beeping noise when phcn/Nepa/mains is cut off and it's on battery.
How can I eradicate this noise when I'm using the (Ups+battery+charger) setup.
Try and reduce the beeping noise by opening the ups cover and use celotape to seal the top of beeper inside the ups, if u disconnect or destroy the beeper, u will never know when the battery is weak and about to go off

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by yahyamay(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Oga CeeJee....thank you,you have done a great job....i hv done the setup,and for a week now, i have been enjoying it. At least a minumum of 5 hours with my 36ah battery with a load of 40 watts

“Ideas are like legs: what good are they if you can't run with them, or spread them?” ― Jarod Kintz,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
yahyamay:
Oga CeeJee....thank you,you have done a great job....i hv done the setup,and for a week now, i have been enjoying it. At least a minumum of 5 hours with my 36ah battery with a load of 40 watts

“Ideas are like legs: what good are they if you can't run with them, or spread them?” ― Jarod Kintz,
Enjoy my brother
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello, does your modified sinewave inverter work with your refrigerator (fridge)?

initialize:

Alright

Battery Guy: Joe 08165471228 (Shop C4 Oshodi)

Inverter Person: Netroy 08099203888 or search on konga

***My whole setup cost***

2pcs Used 180AH Batteries @ #25,000/pcs = #50,000

1pcs New Mercury 2.4KVa Inverter = #22,000

Transportation + Overhead cost = #3,000

Total = #75,000

cool The cheapest I've seen this on eCommerce sites is #180,000, so i feel good cheesy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by initialize(m): 12:04am On Jan 06, 2016
TeOwl:
Hello, does your modified sinewave inverter work with your refrigerator (fridge)?

Yes it does....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by orahij: 6:53am On Jan 06, 2016
ceejay80s:

Try and reduce the beeping noise by opening the ups cover and use celotape to seal the top of beeper inside the ups, if u disconnect or destroy the beeper, u will never know when the battery is weak and about to go off
Better still you can go for blue gate model bg653, it will beep for only 8 times then stop..you can then enjoy your inverter in silence.
Thanks a million ceejay80 for bringing this out to us selflessly!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrdan(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
initialize:

Alright

Battery Guy: Joe 08165471228 (Shop C4 Oshodi)

Inverter Person: Netroy 08099203888 or search on konga

***My whole setup cost***

2pcs Used 180AH Batteries @ #25,000/pcs = #50,000

1pcs New Mercury 2.4KVa Inverter = #22,000

Transportation + Overhead cost = #3,000

Total = #75,000

cool The cheapest I've seen this on eCommerce sites is #180,000, so i feel good cheesy

Oga initialize, we'll done great stuff.
Thumbs up to oga ceejay80s

Abeg how many hrs does ur setup last before going off, and how long does it take to charge, thx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello, I just got a 500 watts inverter, can I connect my battery charger and inverter to the battery at the same time? It seems a bit stressful having to first remove the battery charger before I connect the inverter...

I just want to know if there would be no problem with that kind of "double" connection to the battery.

ceejay80s:

Enjoy my brother
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
TeOwl:
Hello, I just got a 500 watts inverter, can I connect my battery charger and inverter to the battery at the same time? It seems a bit stressful having to first remove the battery charger before I connect the inverter...

I just want to know if there would be no problem with that kind of "double" connection to the battery.

Go ahead u can connect both at the same time , ceejay80s dem don scatter oshodi oh...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:42am On Jan 07, 2016
saint2ace:

Go ahead u can connect both at the same time , ceejay80s dem don scatter oshodi oh...
I heard too

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (357) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.