Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (697966 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
Great job Mr ceejay, let me b the first person to wish u happy Christmas in advance,
Pls when buying an old ups without battery how do i know it's in good condition . Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
ibro360:
Great job Mr ceejay, let me b the first person to wish u happy Christmas in advance,
Pls when buying an old ups without battery how do i know it's in good condition . Thanks
Wish u the same in advance....
The seller should be able to test it for u, don't buy non tested
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
ceejay80s:
I need 40ah battery now for my batteries to be a total of 200ah,, just added s little load on it (2) 11watts energy saving bulbs, I couldn't get the 5watts energy savings bulb ,I neatly constructed one myself outside my house and another one inside my house with two on and off switches for both, 40ah batteries are scarce and I need one now

5watt bulbs full Gbags na. DE Prince Supermarket or ShopCity Supermarket. E dey berekete.. cheesy. For the 40AH batteries, just forget it, it's easier to get fuel than those batteries.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:16am On Dec 24, 2015
pato405:

5watt bulbs full Gbags na. DE Prince Supermarket or ShopCity Supermarket. E dey berekete.. cheesy. For the 40AH batteries, just forget it, it's easier to get fuel than those batteries.
If i no see 5watts bulb, I will buy 7watts, saw 7watts at oshodi,
Lol, I must find that 40ah battery,nairalanders don buy am finish , I go try go alaba, even if na brand new , nepa dey even make matter worse, thank God say I get better battery , started copying 1.8 TB worth of file from my 2tb hdd to a brand new o e yesterday , I started by 6pm on Tuesday and the the copy finish Wednesday 11pm, nepa no even blink light sef, till e copy finish,
I thank God for this my setup.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
pato405:

You are not kidding; the 40AH batteries are very scarce, including the fakes.the bluegate UPS is also scarce. Was contemplating sending money to the OP to buy the 100AH battery for me when I met an engineer who works for MTN this morning. The guy sold a used 200AH battery for the same price to me. Also bought a Mercury Elite Pro UPS.

It could be just me but when I charged the batteries with generator, the UPS became very hot and the top slightly melted. What I now do is charge the battery separately from the UPS then connect everything together when I want to use it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
Leopantro:

You are not kidding; the 40AH batteries are very scarce, including the fakes.the bluegate UPS is also scarce. Was contemplating sending money to the OP to buy the 100AH battery for me when I met an engineer who works for MTN this morning. The guy sold a used 200AH battery for the same price to me. Also bought a Mercury Elite Pro UPS.

It could be just me but when I charged the batteries with generator, the UPS became very hot and the top slightly melted. What I now do is charge the battery separately from the UPS then connect everything together when I want to use it.

My guy, its no longer funny o, I waka for oshodi tire for how many hours looking for 40ah , I no see but I got one 150ah and a 200ah for two nairalanders, as I am now my waist dey pain me, battery start to scarce after this thread hit front page,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
ceejay80s:

My guy, its no longer funny o, I waka for oshodi to for how many hours looking for 40ah , I no see but I got one 150ah and a 200ah for two nairalanders, as I am now my waist dey pain me, battery start to scarce after this thread hit front page,

Hahahahahaha that's all I can say..... Merry Christmas Y'all
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ibro360(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
ceejay80s:

Yes u can get a 20watts 15inch monitor ,most 15inch monitors come with a power adapter, its from the power adapter that u can calculate the watts, my 15inch came with a power adapter of 60watts, I had to buy another 12v adapter , I needed the lcd wattage to be low, remember, the lower the watts of ur appliance, the longer ur battery can carry ..,
I bought a 12v--- 2.0A power cable for my 15inch .
12v multiply by 2.0A = 24watts.
NOTE: my 32inch lcd is 160watts, so its always on when there is light, but wen nepa carry light, I switch it off completely, I had to get a very small extension box with a switch on it, so as to make sure its turned off completely, because if its still on standby mode, it will still draw little current.
Below is the photo of the power adapter I bought for my 15inch, 15inch lcd monitor with AV input is available at computer village as from 5k, if u are buying one, make sure it has an AV input, where u plug in ur video in and audio in cable, if u no smart those boys go carry ordinary PC monitor give u,
How long will a 160Watts 32inch lcd TV last on my 12v 40ah battery ?
12v multiply by 40ah battery divide by 160watts =3hrs
12v multiply by 40ah battery divided by 24watts = 20hrs
Current too high – If the adapter has the correct voltage, but the current is higher than what the device input requires, then you shouldn’t see any problems. For example, if you have a laptop that calls for a 19V / 5A DC input, but you use a 19V / 8A DC adapter, your laptop will still get the 19V voltage it requires, but it will only draw 5A of current. As far as current goes, the device calls the shots, and the adapter will have to do less work.
Current too low – If the adapter has the correct voltage, but the adapter’s rated current is lower than what the device input, then a few things might happen. The device could power on, and just draw more current from the adapter than it’s designed for. This could cause the adapter to overheat or fail. Or, the device may power on, but the adapter may not be able to keep up, causing the voltage to drop (see voltage too low above). For laptops running on undercurrent adapters, you might see the battery charge, but the laptop is not powering on, or it may run on power, but the battery won’t charge. Bottom-line: it’s not a good idea to use a lower current rating adapter since it could cause excess heat.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 8:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
ceejay80s:

My guy, its no longer funny o, I waka for oshodi tire for how many hours looking for 40ah , I no see but I got one 150ah and a 200ah for two nairalanders, as I am now my waist dey pain me, battery start to scarce after this thread hit front page,

You see wetin you don cause abi? grin grin grin grin..

Anyway, I think the scarcity started just before you thread. I recollect the first time I stumbled into this thread..it was just only about 3 comments on first page..Guess what I was searching for? - "My key words were: used 40AH battery for sale, Nairaland"..na so server open your post. At first I was glad I finally found it. Then I read down the post and saw where you said you changed your mind, you were no longer selling. Na there I know say wahala dey for 40AH battery. Forget Oshodi, I've combed everywhere there. All online shops: vconnect, jumia, konga, Olx, etc. I couldn't find it. A guy said he has it at ALaba market, but said 17k. I think his number is 08033202606.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
pato405:

You see wetin you don cause abi? grin grin grin grin..

Anyway, I think the scarcity started just before you thread. I recollect the first time I stumbled into this thread..it was just only about 3 comments on first page..Guess what I was searching for? - "My key words were: used 40AH battery for sale, Nairaland"..na so server open your post. At first I was glad I finally found it. Then I read down the post and saw where you said you changed your mind, you were no longer selling. Na there I know say wahala dey for 40AH battery. Forget Oshodi, I've combed everywhere there. All online shops: vconnect, jumia, konga, Olx, etc. I couldn't find it. A guy said he has it at ALaba market, but said 17k. I think his number is 08033202606.

For this dry season? 17k for 40ah ? its best I use the 17k to buy tokumbo 100ah
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:01am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Naijaepic: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2015
ceejay80s:

Hello @ceejay80s, how much does the 100AH and 200AH goes for. Thanks for the response.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 1:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
So, whats d use of d ups if one already ve d smart charger?
ceejay80s:

its the smart charger that charges the battery, ups are designed to charge small batteries, it will take a very very long time to fully charge a 100ah battery with a ups, but with the smart charger connected to the battery, it charges faster and better compared to the ups
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
pat077:
So, whats d use of d ups if one already ve d smart charger?
Ur TV is not 12v, ur fan is not 12v, ur phone charger is not 12v, so u need the ups to convert the 12v current from the battery to 220v,
Ur smart charger is 12v, it can't power ur TV and ur ups can't charge those big batteries except 12v 7 ah batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
Naijaepic:

Hello @ceejay80s, how much does the 100AH and 200AH goes for. Thanks for the response.
200ah = 30-33k
100ah= 15-18k
Dollar is high now ,batteries are expensive and scarce now, I don't sell batteries,
The price I am giving u is not the actual price, price may differ on popular brand names

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
ceejay80s:

Ur TV is not 12v, ur fan is not 12v, ur phone charger is not 12v, so u need the ups to convert the 12v current from the battery to 220v,
Ur smart charger is 12v, it can't power ur TV and ur ups can't charge those big batteries except 12v 7 ah batteries
ok. I will like to know if a 12v 18ah battery wil b enough to power a laptop and charge like 2 phones and like hw many hrs will d battery last when fully charged?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
pato405:

I have bought the 5watts bulb, I actually bought 3 at oshodi yesterday , 150naira for one, I connected one outside as a security light, all my neighbors come dey knock on my door,dey ask me how I get light? I made sure I put it on when there was no light
Merry Xmas!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wolero7(m): 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
ceejay80s:

I have bought the 5watts bulb, I actually bought 3 at oshodi yesterday , 150naira for one, I connected one outside as a security light, all my neighbors come dey knock on my door,dey ask me how I get light? I made sure I put it on when there was no light
Merry Xmas!!!!!!!!!!!

That is good to hear. Am mustering up funds to set this up. I have been following from day one.

@ceejay, I hope to give you a call soon.

Merry Xmas!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
ceejay80s:

Merry Xmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Good! But it's 70naira here in Gbags (Phillips)

Enjoy your Christmas!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 26, 2015
pls can i use an inverter instead of using a UPS or smart charger for the setup?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bro1010: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
ceejay80s:

Then, use rain water. Rain water falling in directly to ur container and not from the roof of ur house
sorry just want to chip in for those that want to get pure distilled water, they can walk into any university around them and go straight tp the chemistry department laboratory and ask for whether they sell distilled water. its always 100# per litre . or if the department doesn't sell they should direct the person to any place they sell because the department uses distilled water alpt. I used to distill for my department back in school. thanks just my 2lpbo

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
grayht:
pls can i use an inverter instead of using a UPS or smart charger for the setup?
Yes u can but not all inverters can charge large battery ,except u buy bigger inverters
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
ceejay80s:

Yes u can but not all inverters can charge large battery ,except u buy bigger inverters
I will like to know if a 12v
18ah battery wil b enough to
power a laptop and charge like 2
phones and like hw many hrs will
d battery last when fully
charged?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
pat077:
I will like to know if a 12v 18ah battery wil b enough to power a laptop and charge like 2 phones and like hw many hrs will d battery last when fully charged?
It will but not for long
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
ceejay80s:
It will but not for long
ok. Dat means i will go 4 d 40ah.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
pat077:
My advice, go for 100ah, 150ah or 200ah
U know why?
Because someday u will need more to add like me, after some time 40ah will not be enough, u will definitely buy some more appliances that will require more batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
pat077:

Bro ain't you selling the ups for me again?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
pat077:

Bro ain't you selling the ups for me again?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
ceejay80s:

There's this six round covers on top of batteries, open all round cvers with a safety pin, u will see another rubber cover in each of those six holes, carefully remove the rubbers and add distilled water in each of the battery holes, do not fill distilled water it to the top ,just make sure the water is atleast above the plates inside the battery, when u are done , cover the with rubbers and also with the round top cover , now charge the battery with an automatic battery charcer, don't take it to battery chargers, their charger will damage ur battery, use ur inverter battery charger or an automatic battery charger (check page 1 and 2)
U can google the internet on how to make distilled water,there are different ways but this my portable indoor ac na him easy for me pass, another method is rain water and another method is by boiling water and putting a glass bowl in the water u are boiling bla bla bla....this method na long story, for more info pls ask google on how to make distilled water
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
makavele:

i will visit his shop . . . also did you test the battery idle voltage with a multimeter . .before paying for it . . ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Can a Generator Charge this device in place of a faulty transformer that's not gonna come up anytime soon ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
igbsam:
Can a Generator Charge this device in place of a faulty transformer that's not gonna come up anytime soon ?

Yes!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.