Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693670 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Pls, looking at this picture attached, which load is to be connected directly on that charge controller? Is it compulsory to connect that load (bulb) since I've connected household electronics to the battery?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
vitality22:
Pls, looking at this picture attached, which load is to be connected directly on that charge controller? Is it compulsory to connect that load (bulb) since I've connected household electronics to the battery?
no need to connect any load or bulb there.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by econome(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
vitality22:

Not necessary

Read how your system is working via your Chargecontroller meter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cherriton12: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PMPSolutions: 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
ceejay80s:

My guy as u know, I am not a moderator, I can't bann or delete posts, wetin make I do? but the truth is, every un satisfied customer has right to dispute, the first 40ah I bought was 6k and later went back and bought 4 for 5k each,total= 26k, I used this battery for 3yrs years with no wahala, after those batteries died, but now person go sweat for this hard time and buy used 200ah expensive and yet u no go enjoy am, I have a lot of people who will send money to me to help them get used stuff, I will get them grade 1 of that item even if na 1 naira I see inside, its better than getting buying rubbish for the person just to make extra buck , nomatter how rich or poor u are, money hard now and its not easy, that's why I consider buyers first

Ceejay80s, i ran into this thread about 4 years ago and it got my curiosity to go into Clean and Green energy and after those 4 years of developing myself, i came up with my own customized setup!

I imported a tools box and other accessories which i used in the assembling of a "Powerbox" which now powers my appliances at home from my television, to my DC fan, led lights etc.

I guess you can spot the "smart charger" on the setup wink

God bless you for opening our eyes here o. You are like a mentor.

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
PMPSolutions:

Ceejay80s, i ran into this thread about 4 years ago and it got my curiosity to go into Clean and Green energy and after those 4 years of developing myself, i came up with my own customized setup!

I imported a tools box and other accessories which i used in the assembling of a "Powerbox" which now powers my appliances at home from my television, to my DC fan, led lights etc.

Nice one, the concept looks quite clean and portable. But I believe most people will want to know the setup and what it entails.
Also you could give tips on how people can build theirs if they so desire.
We await Ur response. Once again good one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PMPSolutions: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
saint2ace:

Nice one, the concept looks quite clean and portable. But I believe most people will want to know the setup and what it entails.

It wasn't easy o! I blew up one smart charger and condemned 2 inverters before i finally came up with this setup

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
PMPSolutions:

Its now time for me to learn from u....
How much is the power box? I have checked online and couldn't find it, does ur setup require inverter or ups ?
Thanks for sharing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PMPSolutions: 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
ceejay80s:

Its now time for me to learn from u....
How much is the power box? I have checked online and couldn't find it, does ur setup require inverter or ups ?
Thanks for sharing

I will make one for 95k for anybody who so desires

I made use of a 1000w inverter. I wanted to use UPS but changed my mind because UPS will be heavier because of the transformer (chopper).

saint2ace:

I opened a thread yesterday to offer step by step tips on how to make one but antispam bot banned me. cry

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
PMPSolutions:

I will make one for 95k for anybody who so desires

I made use of a 1000w inverter. I wanted to use UPS but changed my mind because UPS will be heavier because of the transformer (chopper).

I opened a thread yesterday to offer step by step tips on how to make one but antispam bot banned me. cry

Report the antispam bot issue to super mod, or to Seun

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PMPSolutions: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
ceejay80s:

Report the antispam bot issue to super mod, or to Seun

Ok...will do
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olinxy: 5:23pm On May 03, 2020
Please who can help me with cheap setup for my 180watts laptop
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 8:30pm On May 03, 2020
My 12v 900vac luminous inverter went off yesterday. I used a 950 watts drill on it. I heard the warning sound shrill so i paused and the sound stopped. I then continued. Within few seconds of use it shrilled again and then went off. I unscrewed it checked the fuses and pressed the tripller and it came on again. But this time the power indicator came on. When i put the inverter on it came on normally but did not show any indication of pushing out any ac power to the house. I have looked but cant see anything burnt or blown in it. I bought fuel and used generator and all lights in the house came on, though i did not test the inverter since i had disconnected it. I will buy fuel and test it with gen this morning. I think i have used the drill in it before without any problem but i cant be too sure.
But in the meanwhile, what could have happened and the solution? Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2020
See overloading.
I'm sure the inverter no fit pass 700watts that's the real power.
There is difference between VA and Watt.

Is there any smell
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 8:07am On May 04, 2020
olaolu11:
My 12v 900vac luminous inverter went off yesterday. I used a 950 watts drill on it. I heard the warning sound shrill so i paused and the sound stopped. I then continued. Within few seconds of use it shrilled again and then went off. I unscrewed it checked the fuses and pressed the tripller and it came on again. But this time the power indicator came on. When i put the inverter on it came on normally but did not show any indication of pushing out any ac power to the house. I have looked but cant see anything burnt or blown in it. I bought fuel and used generator and all lights in the house came on, though i did not test the inverter since i had disconnected it. I will buy fuel and test it with gen this morning. I think i have used the drill in it before without any problem but i cant be too sure.
But in the meanwhile, what could have happened and the solution? Thanks.

Your inverter is 720w and you loaded it 950w.
Some 'effects' are already dead.
YOU OVERLOADED IT.

N.B 900Va (volt ampere) is 720w
i.e Power = current x 0.8
P = 900 x 0.8
P = 720w

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 8:10am On May 04, 2020
olinxy:
Please who can help me with cheap setup for my 180watts laptop

Get
650va ups
40amp inverter battery (18k)
6amp Charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2020
6pcs of fairly used very clean 200w mono solar panels for sale @ affordable price. location yenagoa bayelsa state. can be waybilled to anywhere. whatsapp me 080-8541-5985
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 1:20pm On May 05, 2020
Valto:
6pcs of fairly used very clean 200w mono solar panels for sale @ affordable price. location yenagoa bayelsa state. can be waybilled to anywhere. whatsapp me 080-8541-5985
I will like to buy just 2 pieces of it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olinxy: 2:38pm On May 05, 2020
How do i connect them?
dollarnaira:

Get
650va ups
6amp Charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 8:02pm On May 05, 2020
vitality22:

I will like to buy just 2 pieces of it.
i can sell 2pcs.. whatsapp me
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by micynute94(m): 11:07pm On May 05, 2020
dollarnaira:

Get
650va ups
6amp Charger

Boss mi, If I want to add a solar pane to it kon?

How much e go cost me?

I need a low-cost inverter setup that will last for 7 hours daily (from 10pm to 5am). It should be easy and quick to recharge.

Load: Laptop (70 watt), Standing Fan (75 watt)

Thanks a lot boss.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 5:24am On May 06, 2020
micynute94:

How much e go cost me?

I need a low-cost inverter setup that will last for 7 hours daily (from 10pm to 5am). It should be easy and quick to recharge.

Thanks a lot boss.

I haven't tried it with solar myself.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 5:29am On May 06, 2020
Yemmyteespeed007:
See overloading.
I'm sure the inverter no fit pass 700watts that's the real power.
There is difference between VA and Watt.

Is there any smell

I think so
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 5:32am On May 06, 2020
dollarnaira:

Your inverter is 720w and you loaded it 950w.
Some 'effects' are already dead.
YOU OVERLOADED IT.

N.B 900Va (volt ampere) is 720w
i.e Power = current x 0.8
P = 900 x 0.8
P = 720w

I had done the deed before I realised the error. Last time I used the drill was with gen. I just forgot completely. It was later I looked at the wattage of the drill.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 5:33am On May 06, 2020
Any good repairer in the lagos/Ogun state environs that can be recommended? Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 5:38am On May 06, 2020
olinxy:
How do i connect them?

Open up the ups (12v) and disconnect the wires to the battery terminals. Link out these wires to the terminals of the new battery (40amp). At this stage ur usps is ready to work but the ups charging system is too low to charge a 40amp battery(it can only charge 7amp ba3).Hence, an external charger is needed which can be connected to the new battery.

In summary:

2 wires from the ups are connected to the battery

2 wires from the charger are connected to the battery .

N.B:
1. ONLY THE CHARGER'S POWER CABLE IS CONNECTED TO AC SOCKET( NEPA).
2. MAINTAIN POSITIVE TO NAGATIVE DURING TERMINAL CONNECTION.
3. STRONG WIRES ARE NEEDED PLS

Try get a small votameter ( about ₦500 )

I beg ooo no go overload am oooo

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage whatsoever during set up. All activities are carried out at your own risk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 5:48am On May 06, 2020
olaolu11:
Any good repairer in the lagos/Ogun state environs that can be recommended? Thanks

Is Ikorodu far for you?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 10:47am On May 06, 2020
dollarnaira:

Is Ikorodu far for you?

No if its wait and get. Which area in ikd. I stay in ijebu ode
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2020
dollarnaira:

Open up the ups (12v) and disconnect the wires to the battery terminals. Link out these wires to the terminals of the new battery (40amp). At this stage ur usps is ready to work but the ups charging system is too low to charge a 40amp battery(it can only charge 7amp ba3).Hence, an external charger is needed which can be connected to the new battery.

In summary:

2 wires from the ups are connected to the battery

2 wires from the charger are connected to the battery .

N.B:
1. ONLY THE CHARGER'S POWER CABLE IS CONNECTED TO AC SOCKET( NEPA).
2. MAINTAIN POSITIVE TO NAGATIVE DURING TERMINAL CONNECTION.
3. STRONG WIRES ARE NEEDED PLS

Try get a small votameter ( about ₦500 )

I beg ooo no go overload am oooo

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage whatsoever during set up. All activities are carried out at your own risk.

Why not ask if the person is not averse to calculated risks and don't mind DIY. You have dampened his spirit with that statement
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2020
micynute94:

How much e go cost me?

Thanks a lot boss.

get bact to this thread in the evening. I will put you through the wiring and connection. As has been said earlier hat is all you need. If you want to include solar, then you need a charge controller and solar panels. They system is somewhat independent of themselves. The panels will charge the battery, ups/inverter will now convert the stored power in the battery(DC) to power that can be used by your appliances(ac).. But you will use what is called an external charger to charge the battery if you want to charge it with NEPA or generator. If you buy adequate panel, you won't need the external charger at all, the juice from the panel will be enough to charge the battery. I will advise you use DC wire if you want to include solar. Its wire is not the type sold around. There are two types of wire- AC wire and DC wire.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2020
Solar wiring using UPS, 100watts panel, 20a charge controller, and 40ah battery.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 12:27pm On May 06, 2020
Something like this

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.