Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (697685 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by micynute94(m): 3:50am On May 07, 2020
olaolu11:

get bact to this thread in the evening. I will put you through the wiring and connection. As has been said earlier hat is all you need. If you want to include solar, then you need a charge controller and solar panels. They system is somewhat independent of themselves. The panels will charge the battery, ups/inverter will now convert the stored power in the battery(DC) to power that can be used by your appliances(ac).. But you will use what is called an external charger to charge the battery if you want to charge it with NEPA or generator. If you buy adequate panel, you won't need the external charger at all, the juice from the panel will be enough to charge the battery. I will advise you use DC wire if you want to include solar. Its wire is not the type sold around. There are two types of wire- AC wire and DC wire.

hanks a lot boss.

Just seeing this now.

Would be pm'ing u boss... If it's okay with you?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2020
6pcs of fairly used very clean 200w mono solar panels for sale @ affordable price. location yenagoa bayelsa state. can be waybilled to anywhere. whatsapp me 080-8541-5985
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:47am On May 08, 2020
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olaolu11(m): 2:17am On May 09, 2020
micynute94:

hanks a lot boss.

Just seeing this now.

Would be pm'ing u boss... If it's okay with you?

Ok
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 10, 2020
ceejay80s:

Yes it will power lcd and led TVs, Its easy, all u need is a small ups ( the one that uses only one battery), a battery charger and a 12v valve regulated or deep cycle battery and a red and black wire which u will use to extend the negative and positive cable of the ups
Unscrew ur ups and extend the black and red wire that go to the battery to be longer(please use red and black colour wire to avoid confusion), connect the extended red wire to ur battery positive(red) and the black to ur battery (negative),
Also connect the charger's positive clip to ur battery positive and charger's negative clip to ur battery negative, now, plug in ur charger power cable in to electricity power source and plug in ur lcd to ur ups, turn on ur ups and its ready!!!
Hello, good day. Please am just seeing this post and I must say it's da bomb. But I want to ask after plugging ur smart charger to power and connect the red n black cable to battery and ups, where do you plug the power source cable or no need for that.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2020
excellence44:

Hello, good day. Please am just seeing this post and I must say it's da bomb. But I want to ask after plugging ur smart charger to power and connect the red n black cable to battery and ups, where do you plug the power source cable or no need for that.
power cable for ups should be plugged in to ur NEPA source

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by econome(m): 4:18am On May 11, 2020
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 7:15am On May 11, 2020
econome:
What 40ah or 65ah good battery do you recommend or which one do you use and how to get one in Lagos?

Anyone will do the job including 100 or 200amp.The most important thing is to get an external charger that can charge each on respectively.

The higher the 'ah' the better which also tell on your pocket too.

40amp cost 18k before covid 19 era while 200amp cost btw 90 n 110k.

Battery market na black market but the best is to go to a company yourself with warranty mostly 200amp.That doesn't mean that any other source is a counterfeit.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2020
I am at kiekie's warehouse testing batteries right now, will update u guys on the outcome later

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by tobijas001(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2020
ceejay80s:
Its very easy, there are different ways that u can entertain urself when u are at home.

All you need is Gotv and an LCD with a very low wattage or a PC monitor that has AV input ,a 650va UPS, a 12v 40ah fullriver valve regulated battery and a smart charger.

I bought my 40ah battery brand new at oshodi for 6k its equivalent to deep cycle batteries and I bought my 20amp smart battery charger at idioro mushin for 7k, with this u can stay connected to ur favorite programs on TV or watch movies on ur LCD via external hdd, if u already have an LCD TV, just check the watts ,if its above 100, then u need to get a 15inch monitor that has AV input II bought mine 5k at computer village, the smart charger charges the battery,the ups stands as the power, my 15inch monitor is 34watts while the blu ray player is just 16watts.

So......

When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch LCD and Gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs.

Note: It only powers my Gotv, bluray and 15inch LCD, imagine if I have 2 of that battery nko? That means I will never miss my favorite programs.

See pic below
can you pls link me up with where u got the LCD TV
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jmonas: 4:52pm On May 11, 2020
Join this Free Online (WhatsApp) Solar Energy Training. Starts 14th of May. 6pm

Click the Link below to participate

https:///d5z3jnh

Add Knowledge to Knowledge, Add Skill to Skill.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2020
tobijas001:
can you pls link me up with where u got the LCD TV
Its not a TV , its an av monitor, if its the TV type u want, its also available in every markets selling LCD or led TV, for the monitor, go to computer village and tell them u want to by av monitor, diferent types and screen sizes, 15, 17, 19, 20,,21,26,32inches etc
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by econome(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2020
Thanks! We only need it for 35w orbit fan and two Energy bulb 30w from 9am-9pm.

I have Suoer 30amp charger.

Thanks, we need a whatsapp group, because it's easily accessible than Web. But we should never ever stop visiting here with content.

dollarnaira:

Anyone will do the job including 100 or 200amp.The most important thing is to get an external charger that can charge each on respectively.

The higher the 'ah' the better which also tell on your pocket too.

40amp cost 18k before covid 19 era while 200amp cost btw 90 n 110k.

Battery market na black market but the best is to go to a company yourself with warranty mostly 200amp.That doesn't mean that any other source is a counterfeit.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by econome(m): 9:31pm On May 11, 2020
Ceejay, kindly create a WhatsApp group for idea and knowledge sharing alone. No trading!!!

Post the link to join here

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Deluxe8000(m): 10:41pm On May 11, 2020
How much is 12v 100ah lithium Bms battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2020
Lock down promo
Laptop powerbank with 500watt inverter 35,000
Laptop powerbank with 130watts solarpanel panel 60,000

Solar Tv powerbank plus 5 light point free solar ceiling fan. 80,000

Inquiry 08166117634

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2020
ceejay80s:
I am at kiekie's warehouse testing batteries right now, will update u guys on the outcome later

Hello ceejay80s what's the update on this expedition?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2020
saint2ace:

Hello ceejay80s what's the update on this expedition?
Yes!!! He replaced the battery and the battery is still on test, don't want to use it till I have charged it full, he explained everything to concerning used batteries which I understood but ***sometimes*** customers are right, because this money no dey easy to get, but every every sha , he change it without collecting money, the battery is on test mode because I haven't been able to charge full, I bought a chargee from China which take time to repair sulfated batteries and as light no set always dey to charge, l left it there to charge until it's full then I test, right now I have an alternative battery, a 100ah calcium generator battery that is 80% OK, was removed from our mikano generator some few months back, that what I am using now to power my things at home, I read online that it takes time to desulfate batteries approximately 48hrs- a month ,depends on how sulfated ur battery is, don't want to use it now till it fully charged, all these 3-5hrs a day wet nepa dey give us light won't allow this charger to desulfate fast but I will have patience

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2020
ceejay80s:

Yes!!! He replaced the battery and the battery is still on test, don't want to use it till I have charged it full, he explained everything to concerning used batteries which I understood but ***sometimes*** customers are right, because this money no dey easy to get, but every every sha , he change it without collecting money, the battery is on test mode because I haven't been able to charge full, I bought a chargee from China which take time to repair sulfated batteries and as light no set always dey to charge, l left it there to charge until it's full then I test, right now I have an alternative battery, a 100ah calcium generator battery that is 80% OK, was removed from our mikano generator some few months back

Good to hear @kiekie1 made good his promise to change the battery, that's an honourable deed. But pls keep us posted on the performance.
Secondly, which charger did u buy and what's the amperage rating? How long have u been using it and how effective at reviving bad battery cells?
Good to also hear u have an alternative u now use, thought u had a solar setup to charge Ur batteries?
Well I await your response

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2020
.Features:
- Overheat protection
- Short circuit protection
- Reverse connection protection
- Low voltage protection
- Over current protection

Specifications:
- Dimension: Approx. 21 x 16 x 8.7cm/8.27 x 6.30 x 3.43''
- Clip Wire Length: 60cm
- Power Cable Length: 120cm
- Input Voltage: 110V-250V
- Output Voltage: 12V/24V
- Frequency: 50-60HZ
- Plug: US Plug
- Application: best suitable for 400AH lead acid batteries(including wet and dry)

Introduction of 5- mode
- No-load Mode: when there has no load connected with charger, the LED Screen will show voltage only, the power is about 2W;
- Constant Current Mode: means the battery voltage is lower than the set voltage of charger, then the charger supply constant charging current to maintenance both battery and battery charger;
- Constant Voltage Mode: advanced pulse width modulation (PWM) technology, control the charger’s current and output voltage accurate, overcharge;
- Float Charge Mode: when the battery is going to be charged full,the charger will stop charging,but still supply constant floating voltage and small current to battery;
- Trickle Charge Mode: when the battery voltage and current is approaching the set voltage and current, it will turn to trickle floating charge from automatic mode, it means charge full, also can be charged with floating mode.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:43pm On May 12, 2020
There are different types and make but make sure it's intelligent pulse repair or desulfator, its cheap, u can get from Jumia but mine took a month from jumia to get to me cos of corona, this is why I like this charger:
It desulfates **but not all batteries can be desulfated, if u battery is swollen just sell off for recycling, the charger is 12v and 24v at same time, it can charge lithium and all other batteries, lithium has its own switch, I have read a lot of good reviews about intelligent pulse repair chargers, it has automatic and manual control, for the manual switch , after switching to manual, u use the knob to control which voltage u want ur battery to be charged but it's advisable to use that mose only when ur battery is super dead drained or dropped without charging for months or years

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2020
ceejay80s:
There are different types and make but be sure it's intelligent pulse repair or desulfator, its cheap, u can get from Jumia but mine too a month to get to me cos of corona, this is why I like this charger:
It desulfates **but not all batteries can be desulfated, if u battery is swollen just throw away, the charger is 12v and 24v at same time, it can charge lithium and all other batteries, lithium has its own switch, I have read a lot of god reviews about intelligent pulse repair chargers, it has automatic and manual control, for the manual switch , after switching to manual, u use the knob to control which voltage u want ur battery to be charged but it's advisable to use that mose only when ur battery is super dead drained or dropped without charging for months or years

Nice one, thanks for the share boss

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2020
saint2ace:

Good to hear @kiekie1 made good his promise to change the battery, that's an honourable deed. But pls keep us posted on the performance.
Secondly, which charger did u buy and what's the amperage rating? How long have u been using it and how effective at reviving bad battery cells?
Good to also hear u have an alternative u now use, thought u had a solar setup to charge Ur batteries?
Well I await your response
I don't want to use Amy other charger for now the battery now until wanlesanhe pulse repair charger fully charges the battery...
Pulse charging aims to break the crystals down so they will dissolve faster and restore capacity. The technique does work, and can even use the battery's own power to do it! However there isn't much point applying it to a battery that is in good condition.
The charger is about 18-20amp, u may get higher amp from Aliexpress, but I bought mine from jumia
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:28pm On May 12, 2020
It has two screen display, one on the left shows battery voltage , charging amp and battery indicator, the one on the right is in Chinese language and it says chinchnchong, xainti bunju kwooo chin chiming, what ever that means, it doesn't get hot like former charger even when charging for 5hrs or more , not expensive for a charger that does this lot, but I still dey test both charger and battery, they both seem OK sha, the positive and negative wire that goes to battery is long and thick

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2020
ceejay80s:
It has two screen display, one on the left shows battery voltage , charging amp and battery indicator, the one on the right is in Chinese and it says chinchnchong, xainti bunju kwooo chin chiming, what ever that means, it doesn't get hot like former charger even when charging for 5hrs or more , not expensive for a charger that does this lot, but I still dey test both charger and battery, they both seem OK sha, the positive and negative wire that goes to battery is long and thick

Quite explanatory, pls update us on the performance
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by aizakun(m): 9:58pm On May 12, 2020
olaolu11:

No if its wait and get. Which area in ikd. I stay in ijebu ode
I have someone who can repair it for you in ijebuode, igbeba to be precise ,call me on 07034517671

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:40am On May 13, 2020
This is another type that is even cheaper than mine, didn't see on time I would have bought this and saved change
Specifications:

Battery type: lead-acid battery

Power cord length: 110cm

Power: 400W

Voltage: 130V-250V

Current: 12V-20A 24V-15A

Size(L*W*H): 18 * 14.5 * 7CM (7 * 5.7 * 2.75)

Features:

-High-power, high current, high-capacity

-Adjust the charge current by manually adjusting the battery capacity

-Dual-screen digital display, intelligent monitoring battery current, power and charging status

-12V / 24V automatic switching, full charge automatically stop charging

-You can manually charge but also smart charging

-You can charge ordinary battery can also charge lithium battery

-Charging, repairing, battery maintenance, three-in-one

-Charge status analysis, battery status monitoring at any time

- Dimension: 18 * 14.5 * 7CM (7 * 5.7 * 2.75)

- Clip Wire Length: 60cm

- Power Cable Length: 120cm

- Input Voltage: 130V-250V

- Output Voltage: 12V/24V

- Current: 12V-20A 24V-15A

- Frequency: 50-60HZ

- Plug: US Plug

- Application: best suitable for 400AH lead acid batteries(including wet and dry)

Features:

-High-power, high current, high-capacity

-Adjust the charge current by manually adjusting the battery capacity

-Dual-screen digital display, intelligent monitoring battery current, power and charging status

-12V / 24V automatic switching, full charge automatically stop charging

-You can manually charge but also smart charging

-You can charge ordinary battery can also charge lithium battery

-Charging, repairing, battery maintenance, three-in-one

-Charge status analysis, battery status monitoring at any time

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2020
If u read description u will see that the picture below is 10amp and the 2 above are 20amp
And also, the 2 above is can charge/pulse repair up to 200000mAh but the one below is upto 150000mAh, so pls read well before purchase, make nobody blame me, thank u all

battery charger 12V battery charging motor motorcycle pure copper intelligent pulse repair 24V battery

Specification:

Name:12V/24V 150000mAh Pulse Repair With LCD Lead Acid Battery Intelligent Charger For Car Motorcycle

Material:Plastic Shell

Rated Output: 12/24V DC, 10A Max.

Power: 130W

Output Current: 10A

Input Voltage: 130V-250V 50Hz

Output Voltage: 12-17V

Working Temperature Range: -30? +35?

SizesadL?W?H): 18?14.5?8cm

Product Description:

Mode: Precharging, Constant Current Charging, Constant Voltage Charging, Purling Current Charging

Battery type: lead-acid battery

Voltage Detection: Yes

Output Short Protection: Yes

Non Battery Link Protection: Yes

Over Voltage Protection: Yes

Over Temperature Protection: Yes

Cooling: Fan

Application:Various motorcycles, family cars, business cars, off-road vehicles and minivans.

Features:

- Manual charging. Batteries with lower temperature and higher internal resistance can use manual mode, which can assist in repairing batteries.

- Automatic charging. Use Intelligent Full Stop, Pulse Repair Battery

- LED LCD display. When charging, LED screen is used to display the charging status.

- Voltage indicator. Intelligent identification of 12V or 24V batteries.

- Fan heat dissipation. According to the charger in use stage to determine the speed of fan heat dissipation.

- Anodic oxidation copper plating technology was adopted. The corrosion of the clamp by sulfuric acid was slowed down, and the life of the clamp was prolonged greatly.

- Four-stage charging can repair batteries intelligently.

- Six protections. Overheat protection, short circuit protection, low voltage protection, reverse connection protection,overcharge protection, overcurrent protection.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2020
This one looks exactly like mine, it was manufactured by same company, don't know why the name was changed, but its from same manufacturer with mine

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Lovelynife(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2020
dollarnaira:

Get 650va ups 40amp inverter battery (18k) 6amp Charger
Good morning, please where can I get the battery at this price?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Lovelynife(m): 9:48am On May 13, 2020
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:50am On May 13, 2020
ceejay80s:
This one looks exactly like mine, it was manufactured by same company, don't know why the name was changed, but its from same manufacturer with mine

There are little differences if you look properly, like the charging amperage has reduced from from 20a and 15a respectively for 12v and 24v to 18a and 12a.

Even the ones you posted initially have different input current, so one needs to be mindful.

Once thanks for the share

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.