Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example (9537 Views)

Futo: A Black Friday! / Sunday Riddle!! Who Can Fill In The Gap To Complete This 6 Letters Word / Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 4:36am On Sep 12, 2015
bigfrancis21:

'the cry babies' may not become intelligent from citing an article however their academic success and prowess has spoken for them quite enough to get them worldwide recognition. Nigerian tribes are unique. The Yoruba are getting recognition all over the world for their fascinating culture, religion and tradition, and the Igbos are getting recognition all over the world for their intelligence, smartness and notable achievements. Both tribes serve to bring light to the Nigerian polity. Why not partake in the joys of your fellow blacks?

Would you budge had the tribe used as an example been a non-Nigerian tribe? Would you seek to find 'issues' or poke the article for 'faults' simply because you are not at peace with the example used? Would you possibly have bothered reading this thread twice had any other tribe been used as example? Oh, well yea any other tribe is ok so far as it is not the ones from across the Niger.

That leads me to ask, what is wrong with the black man? Why are blacks out to bring themselves down should they see an aspiring or successful one? Why do blacks exhibit this crab mentality? While mainstream Americans appreciate and encourage talent and innovative thinking, blacks stifle and antagonize their talented ones. Why do people think that you have to compete unnecessarily with another tribe to gain relevance rather than realize that every nation on earth is blessed with a unique set of talents and skills and the combination of these skills and talents leads to a diverse human population and earth.

You just had to get that out of your chest.. Now ask yourself. How does it relate to my stance on the subject matter.?

just come out and say it...You're not upset because I rejected the article wholeheartedly, you're upset because of the Igbo accomplishment was not praised. Clearly you are shallow in your thought process. I'm looking at the big picture "intelligence cannot be quatified".. Studies on intelligence by race is simply playing the racist game. It makes no sense. From the whiteman to the blackman... It's complete rubbish..
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by bigfrancis21: 4:44am On Sep 12, 2015
GooseBaba:

You just had to get that out of your chest.. Now ask yourself. How does it relate to my stance on the subject matter.?

just come out and say it...You're not upset because I rejected the article wholeheartedly, you're upset because of the Igbo accomplishment was not praised. Clearly you are shallow in your thought process. I'm looking at the big picture "intelligence cannot be quatified".. Studies on intelligence by race is simply playing the racist game. It makes no sense. From the whiteman to the blackman... It's complete rubbish..

I mean you can't just dismiss a topic by the wave of the hand simply because you are not at peace with it. And it is possible you object to the article because of tribal bias masked under well-disguised 'objections' that are designed to sound 'intellectual'.

Well, I would expect that if you have solid objections, you come up with research evidence to back up your points. 'What you think' isn't really valid in this context.
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 4:44am On Sep 12, 2015
SonOfEl:

neither can you and your fellow cowardly type, diminish the intelligence of the people of Africa, esp the IGBOS.

Clearly it is the Igbo angle that is getting to you. Be bold and say it. Stop hiding under the "intelligence of the people of africa... Biko nu... Kindly name my cowardly type..

Again, making false statements on my person. Which people did I diminish their intelligence in my posts? Just because you're emotionally attached to the accomplishment of your tribes men does not mean you have to lie...
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 5:00am On Sep 12, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I mean you can't just dismiss a topic by the wave of the hand simply because you are not at peace with it. And it is possible you object to the article because of tribal bias masked under well-disguised 'objections' that are designed to sound 'intellectual'.

Well, I would expect that if you have solid objections, you come up with research evidence to back up your points. 'What you think' isn't really valid in this context.

Why can't I dismiss a flawd topic. So you mean to tell me that when you read the so called scientific studies about the IQ of the black man from a racist perspective, you actually thought that they were on point..?

That's why from the onset I talked about falling into the trap of "intellectualism".. We are talking about a flawed topic borne out of white supremacy. And you are asking for research evidence... No racial supremacy can be scientifically quantified... It's either we're equal or the other is superior.. Then what happens, another study comes up to debunk the myth. My guy there is no science in racial intelligence, just myths...

1 Like

Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by bigfrancis21: 5:20am On Sep 12, 2015
GooseBaba:

Why can't I dismiss a flawd topic. So you mean to tell me that when you read the so called scientific studies about the IQ of the black man from a racist perspective, you actually thought that they were on point..?

That's why from the onset I talked about falling into the trap of "intellectualism".. We are talking about a flawed topic borne out of white supremacy. And you are asking for research evidence... No racial supremacy can be scientifically quantified... It's either we're equal or the other is superior.. Then what happens, another study comes up to debunk the myth. My guy there is no science in racial intelligence, just myths...

Well then, what other way can you counter scientific racism? In the academic field, when you think that an established theory is flawed, you come up with counter theory that debunks the former. When someone lies against you, you stand up and defend yourself from the damaging effects of lies on your reputation. You mean to tell me that if someone describes you as a rapist or lazy, you would actually sit back and let it slide and expect others to think you are innocent? In essence, you are encouraging the black race to continue to be docile and accept whatever label that has been splattered on them without making any effort to change such labels?

This is an article written by an African who made research into academic achievement of fellow Africans in the UK to find out that they performed as well as their white peers and often out-performed them, and decided to make an article out of it to correct many racist minds out there who have negative conceptions about black people in general.

LOL. I am beginning to understand that you didn't even read the article to begin with to understand where it is driving at. Maybe when you read the article in full and are ready to talk facts, you hit me up. wink

1 Like

Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by Fulaman198(m): 5:27am On Sep 12, 2015
IQ has never really been a black and white issue. It had more to do with your educational upbringing and background. Whites just wanted to claim higher IQs over blacks because of their inept racism.

With that said, there are several accounts of Nigerians being the most educated people in the United States and the United Kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 6:20am On Sep 12, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Well then, what other way can you counter scientific racism? In the academic field, when you think that an established theory is flawed, you come up with counter theory that debunks the former. When someone lies against you, you stand up and defend yourself from the damaging effects of lies on your reputation. You mean to tell me that if someone describes you as a rapist or lazy, you would actually sit back and let it slide and expect others to think you are innocent? In essence, you are encouraging the black race to continue to be docile and accept whatever label that has been splattered on them without making any effort to change such labels?

This is an article written by an African who made research into academic achievement of fellow Africans in the UK to find out that they performed as well as their white peers and often out-performed them, and decided to make an article out of it to correct many racist minds out there who have negative conceptions about black people in general.

LOL. I am beginning to understand that you didn't even read the article to begin with to understand where it is driving at. Maybe when you read the article in full and are ready to talk facts, you hit me up. wink

You keep missing the point. It's a myth guided by racist science. We're talking about "human intelligence " for crying out loud..!! The facts presented in the article has to do with systematic factors that hinder others in their pursuit of knowledge. Simple... The idea that this is suppose to vindicate the blackman is a joke.
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by SonOfEl(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2015
GooseBaba:

Clearly it is the Igbo angle that is getting to you. Be bold and say it. Stop hiding under the "intelligence of the people of africa... Biko nu... Kindly name my cowardly type..

Again, making false statements on my person. Which people did I diminish their intelligence in my posts? Just because you're emotionally attached to the accomplishment of your tribes men does not mean you have to lie...

just because you have issues with IGBOS does not mean you have downplay their accomplishment for blacks. racial supremacy as per IQ cannot be quantified, and chisala just proved that.

chisala who isn't Nigerian noted Igbo accomplishments as African achievement, but you are here playing your usual hypocrisy.

if it were Igbo drug dealers or kidnappers being the topic, oh you would so love it. pls take your envy and jealousy elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
SonOfEl:

just because you have issues with IGBOS does not mean you have downplay their accomplishment for blacks. racial supremacy as per IQ cannot be quantified, and chisala just proved that.

chisala who isn't Nigerian noted Igbo accomplishments as African achievement, but you are here playing your usual hypocrisy.

if it were Igbo drug dealers or kidnappers being the topic, oh you would so love it. pls take your envy and jealousy elsewhere.

And there you have it... Divide and conquer from an intellectual paradigm. Point of correction, I stated "human intelligence cannot be quantified" IQ test is to asses intelligence.. Get it!! It's mainly a tool.

Besides, you don't have to result to childish accusations because you're emotionally attached to the article. Bring forth any of my posts on this nairaland to prove your false statements against my person.
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by SonOfEl(m): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
GooseBaba:

And there you have it... Divide and conquer from an intellectual paradigm. Point of correction, I stated "human intelligence cannot be quantified" IQ test is to asses intelligence.. Get it!! It's mainly a tool.

Besides, you don't have to result to childish accusations because you're emotionally attached to the article. Bring forth any of my posts on this nairaland to prove your false statements against my person.

I should "bring forth...." who do you think you are fooling? and who has time for start scanning your posts? I know you and I know your type. you guys keep exposing yourselves every now and then.

like I posted earlier, just ignore this thread as you ignore what the whites say discriminatingly about blacks in terms of IQ, then I will take you serious.
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
SonOfEl:

I should "bring forth...." who do you think you are fooling? and who has time for start scanning your posts? I know you and I know your type. you guys keep exposing yourselves every now and then.

like I posted earlier, just ignore this thread as you ignore what the whites say discriminatingly about blacks in terms of IQ, then I will take you serious.

And I know your type......you are shallow from within, empty. That's why you cry and whine like a little baby whose toy was taken from him.. You cannot gather your thoughts together and reason objectively..

Besides, Do I look like i care what you think..? Abeg dress far... I post on any thread I want to. You don't like it. Go write an article about it... undecided
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by SonOfEl(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
GooseBaba:

And I know your type......you are shallow from within, empty. That's why you cry and whine like a little baby whose toy was taken from him.. You cannot gather your thoughts together and reason objectively..

Besides, Do I look like i care what you think..? Abeg dress far... I post on any thread I want to. You don't like it. Go write an article about it... undecided

keep contradicting yourself. since what this thread is meant for is meaningless, THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? hypocrite.
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by GooseBaba: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
SonOfEl:

keep contradicting yourself. since what this thread is meant for is meaningless, THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? hypocrite.

grin grin i contradict myself according to.............?

Hehehe... Because I burst your bubble, that makes me a hypocrite.... LMAO.... Abeg checkmate your childish tantrums Biko nu... grin grin
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by SonOfEl(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
GooseBaba:

grin grin i contradict myself according to.............?

Hehehe... Because I burst your bubble, that makes me a hypocrite.... LMAO.... Abeg checkmate your childish tantrums Biko nu... grin grin

childish tantrums? take a look at the mirror.
Re: The IQ Gap Is No Longer A Black And White Issue - The Igbo Example by bigfrancis21: 3:04am On Sep 15, 2015
The 2 Nigerians in the 2015 Harvard University Senior Class Committee:

Chisom Okpala
Senior Marshall

Chika-Dike Nwokike
Senior Bar

http://harvard2015.com/about.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack / Abia State University 2013/2014 Post Utme/admission Update (sms Alert) / Jamb Will Never Penalise/cancel Any Result Over Change Of Paper Type

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.