Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,924 members, 7,952,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) (47838 Views)

Maggots Coming Out From A Woman's Head (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion) / Recent Pictures Of The Nairalander That Got Burnt While Using A Pressure Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Agbalanze(m): 12:27am On Jul 07, 2015
I once had an experience, or will I say near miss. I have always known the effect of pressure when it acts on object, at least theoretically but I failed to observe it years back when I was cooking with a pressure pot.
The food was done and I tried to open it immediately, it was stuck but I used force.
Thank God, it wasnt that bad when I finally forced it open but not without little steam burn on my hand.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2015
Very unfortunate.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by tobymichael(m): 1:51am On Jul 07, 2015
I don't get moved by gory sights but this one got to me real harrrdddd...i have one at home yet to use it i'm FLINGING it away! JESUS
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Rahmatuparker: 5:15am On Jul 07, 2015
Subhanallah
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2015
lolaxavier:

Not everyone has the financial power to buy original
Pressure pots are not expensive. 5k will get u a good one with pressure valve that allow u to relief some pressure before opening

1 Like

Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by ndidibabe(f): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2015
lolaxavier:

Then such person shouldn't buy the substandard one. It's not a must to use a pressure pot. Look at the result now.

1 Like

Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by FOREXMARTS: 7:30am On Jul 07, 2015
angieberry:
Oh my God!!!
I've never trusted those things, from the shrill whistle to the steam...

I am not even a fan of cooking using high heart, blue fire is my preference therefore preassure cooker/forced cooking ain't even an option else I kill all the nutrients before the food is ready.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by billyG(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2015
My pressure pot will not open until d steam cool down & d cork(relief valve) which is heavy cannot just fly off unless d pot is above 400 degee or workin dry,u must cool & check if d pot still hav water in it.read manual b4 use.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Bezed(m): 8:24am On Jul 07, 2015
1000 ways to die, " pressure eyed"
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by ademega(m): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2015
I doubt the pix, what happened to the reflex action of the eyes when something wanna enter ?
Am not a science student but I heard that sometimes ago .
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Occurstaem(m): 8:38am On Jul 07, 2015
I feel sorry for that person. Wish him quick recovery.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2015
Freemanan:

Lol... You don't know the language you used? Funny you. It's Urhobo.... And Omote means lady in Urhobo...
Lol, don't mind me I just like the way she says that.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 07, 2015
Loveren:
i want to b close to u like 5 and 6
Lol, why not 1 and 2?
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 07, 2015
Tomfrench:
oh really...that's cool...

delta language sounds a little Igbo sha..
Yeah
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 07, 2015
LaDivva:

Lol, don't mind me I just like the way she says that.
Issokay
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by temmym4(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2015
My God! ever since i have been viewing tragic pictures, this actually makes a big difference and for the very first time, I had Ghost pimples all over my body even up till now. ...runs off thread
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by MrDoGood(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2015
This only happens in India
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by mechanics(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2015
Very unfortunate
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Reference(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2015
ndidibabe:
Then such person shouldn't buy the substandard one. It's not a must to use a pressure pot. Look at the result now.

May not be substandard. Age, misuse, abuse....dropping them constantly, storing the lid carelessly, etc....now she go turn to Captain Hook.

1 Like

Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2015
MADE IN CHINA
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by one4GOD(f): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
lolaxavier:

The issue here is not whether original or not, pressure pot is pressure pot. I have been using pressure pot going for 15years now and i am enjoying all the benefits that comes with it. What happened here though very tragic but i am suspecting the person just bought the pot and did not take time to know how it is used or even read the manual. When using a pressure pot once you sense your food is done, you ensure the pot cools off before you attempt opening it however if you are not patient enough to wait for the pot to cool off, you can put the pot in your sink like i usually and pour cold water over the pot severally until you hear a soothing sound from the pot, only then it is safe to open the pot. I am looking at the picture here and i am wondering what in the world would this person do now not sure if this is naija but if it is ...... mercy.
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by frankobobby(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
this is terminator part4
Re: Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) by jbblues24(m): 6:32am On May 31, 2019
Jesus Christ. How do you do it? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman, Uju Onyeyili Found Dead In Her Home In Baltimore, USA (Pics) / I Found Dis Inside A Paracetamol Tab. / Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.