Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Beware Of This Guy (scam) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Guy (scam) (150275 Views)

This Guy Defraud Me Of 200k And Block Me In All SM We Communicated / Beware Of This Guy (scam) MATHEW WILLIAM B (33475989) / See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by jlo247(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
praise the lord! by nowi should be decived that i will own an apple laptop, iphone and 600 pounds in this kind of econimy. i am also a victim but mine was a female named EMILIA WALTSON she claimed to be nurse in merchester hospital. please be vigilant o.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by sammymarvin: 6:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Omo thank God for nairaland and my own willingness to search....d guy say him name Na Wilson Richard from Birmingham ....sent me a phone and laptop....hmmm but thank God am always ahead of the game
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Zgnik: 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mine is just going on. Named Leshia Fened Frankston. Our talk has been just business and how she wants to empower my project. We were exchanging document untill she said that this one has to come to me in hard copy and that they have auctions going so she will try and add Mac and iphone. I was amazed. To cut the story short. The package is in lagos now as they parcel services claim. I sent my uncle today because im in Abuja. It happens that the address they called doesnt exist. My uncle called the guy that sent details of account to me to pay in 18,000 and told him he is in Abeokuta street Ikeja with respect to my case. The guy hung up and stopped picking. This is an elevated scam believe me. Pictures below. Though im still making verifications. Buh obviously it smells scammy.

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by justnnecky(f): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mine's name is Roy cartman,he claimed to work as an Engineer,sent me stuff he didn't mention as well as the receipt and already told me to pay for the Cargo delivery charge (CDC).
This people will never learn

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by xtivin(m): 6:09am On Oct 04, 2016
only greedy people fall into them.its a case of scamer being scammed

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by RichyOlly: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
Guys let wake up some guys are out there looking for prey, One of them just tried me few days back, but they failed; He requested to be my friend on Facebook which I later accepted after my investigation. Later on, he said he will like to chat with me on scout and only apple laptop that have the facilities and promised to send it to me.He later send British airway parcel service receipt for collection of laptop and 900pounds (which I know is from oluwole sample)I quietly tracing him so that we can track him down but he has switch off his phone for now. [b]BEWARE!!! [/b]they are out there to overcome country economic recession. Shine your eyes shocked
The name used on Facebook-(Claudia becks) with a lady picture and a baby called (jimmy) on that platform.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by decub: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2016
samuel19222:
Guys please beware of this guy kelvin briggs on bbm, that is his pin (2967A0F4) I don't know where he got my bbm pin from, all of a sudden he said we should talk on skype and I told him my phone don't have front camera, so he said if he send me a mobile phone which support skype we can both chat, I said yeah, and he also ask me what else do I need apart from the phone I said a laptop and he promise to send to nigeria because he stay in NORWICH, UK, so yesterday on sunday 5/7/2015 he message me on bbm to inform me that he have already sent it through british airways world cargo and he also include the sum of 900 pounds, inside me I was happy that I have seen a maga not knowing I was going to be the maga, I told him to send me the tracking number so I can track the movement of my items, then he told me no need because they cargo company said it going to take 24 hours to reach nigeria, he gave me the company nigeria customer service number so I can call them and collect my items. This morning I received a phone call asking me if am the owner of the item, I reply yes and I was ask to call out the identification Number on the waybill which the guy (kelvin briggs) sent to me on bbm, after that I was ask to come to their office at abuja for my parcel, I told them I can't come to abuja for now, I ask them to send it to me here in lagos they said I will have to pay the sum of #7500 before they can send it down here, I told them that I have a brother there at abuja so he will help me to pick it up, they told me it's not possible that am to sign a document myself. As a lagos guy I google search the name kelvin briggs, which I saw a thread here on nairaland about the same guy, I just wanna warn my fellow nairalander to beware of this scammer.

Thank you so much for this.

Mine started this way:

One Amanda Smith sent me a request on Facebook and after a week of neglect, I decided to accept her request.

We started chatting and she asked for a date which I accepted. We explained ourselves better and as soon as she told me she is a Briton, I went back to her grammar which doesn't depict that of a typical English lady.

That was the beginning of my doubt, however, I gave her the benefit of doubt but played along with caution.

Next, she wanted us to chat on ichat and the first thing that came to my mind was...ichat! That's obsolete but I told her I don't use Apple anyway but we can chat on Skype. She declined and offered to send me a Laptop. Well, I didn't mind and she asked what else I would like her to include. Of course I don't need anything more so I sticked with the laptop. Another error; a typical Briton that is a natural miser send you an Apple laptop where there is no commitment! You must be joking.

I waited for about 8 hours without response so I asked her for her phone number so I could call her when I need us to chat or hear her voice...no reply on that.

Fast forward to 48 hours later, she wrote that she has sent it with the details I gave her and an attachment. Added with Laptop is an iPhone 6 and 900 pounds. That they told her the parcel will arrive in 6-8hours time. 10hrs after our chat, an SMS came that the parcel has arrived. Note, sender isn't customized and I was like, as big as British Airways is, they can't customize their line.

Well, I decided to give them a call and guess what, the recipient manipulated the voice using the phone's voice changer. After some phone talks, I hung up and thought; why would a Lagos bound parcel be delivered to Abuja and I have to pay to get it to Lagos...In fact, the guy is a learner cos all stages were faulty.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by SOZYMAXMILLIANO: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2016
Same thing just happened to me but as a wise guy i have to use my google to enquire and i saw it's a scam be warned o
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Kingbuhari(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
nawa oooo Afonjas has taken it to a new lever... Op he want to use you do juju thank God u no go, ur head for don dey boil for inside babalowa pot vomiting hard currencies...

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by chidinmadoris(f): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
OmG,! The same scam issue happened to me today . his name is jenson Roney .this one I an from facebook friend who wants to face chat . according to him he is using using iPhone and what to send me iPhone too .. Today got a message that I have been sent iPhone , wrist watch , perfume and 300 dollars . sent the parcel no and phone number of the people with . buy I told them that am not in Lagos , that I will sent my brother who is there . they said no , that I should send 2800 naira for weight bill ..thats the pic of the jason somebody .

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Thegodfather: 6:54am On Nov 21, 2016
Good morning to you all, I am very grateful for the very important information that members share here, it has really being beneficial to many of us at least I am a living testimony. sincerely if not for you all, I would have fallen prey to this cheap fraud.
Mine happen this way, I got a hi message from a profile with a white lady's picture on Palmchat with the name Bella Davis, I reluctantly responded to the chat because I suspected it was a Nigerian using that pix to gain attention, gradually will continued chatting for like a month or two. she told me that she is from Birmingham UK, and that she is a single mother and a young widow. she also told me that since her husband of two years died that she took over his business.
On 17th November 2016, she told me as we were chatting that she is no longer enjoying our chat it's becoming boring and I asked why, she replied by asking me if I do not have an iPhone or notebook so that we can be having a video call later in the evening when she is back from work, and that if I do not have I should let her know so that she could send me one, I said if she can do that I will appreciate it because I do not have it, she said which do I want and I replied an iPhone and she requested that I send in y address which I did, she requested for my age and some other details which I gave her,. I then asked her to use DHL service to send it but she replied that those ones are not reliable, I said OK use any service you deem reliable and I added that if she sends it that she should let me know to that I can expect it but to my utmost surprise she said I will see if I can send it today I said OK and left.
later in the evening she sent me a message telling me how hectic her day was and that she just returning from the airport, I said OK she went on to say that she has sent me some items, she sent me some pictures,an iPhone, MacBook Pro, a box I can explain what was inside, and a receipt that has my phone name and name on it with a paid stamp. I asked her what is inside the box she didn't reply but only said that there is a wallet inside the parcel that contains some bucks, well I thanked her, she said the flight will take off at 23.30 pm and will arrive Africa after 7-8 hours.
the next morning I got a text message from same despatch manager's number that was on same receipt telling me that my parcel has arrived Abuja and that I should call despatch manager on the number below for delivery. I called the number the idiot sound like he is a customer care representative, he asked me if I was expecting a parcel I said yes, he asked from where and who, I responded, he asked if I have the receipt to the parcel I said the sender sent the pix to me and he asked me for a number on the receipt which gave him, he went on to say that my parcel is ready for pick up and that I should come to Abuja with the sum of #15,500 but if I can not come I will have to pay the sum of #20,500 additional cost is for transportation to Owerri where I stay, I said OK but how would I pay that, he said he can send me a despatch manager's account number so that I will have to pay through it I said OK send it, he the asked me which of the banks will be convenient for me, he mentioned Firstbank and GTBank, I said Firstbank he now said that many customers has earlier come of difficulties they are facing with Firstbank that morning, that should use GTBank for the transaction and I agreed and after some time he sent me the account number and I pretended not to have seen it.,he then called to inform me that the flight to Owerri scheduled for 11.30am is about taking off and they did not see my message that the next flight will leave at 2pm that I should try and send it. I then asked him how long do I have, he send I only have that day that if I do not pay that day that each day will attract a demurrage of #1000 and I said OK. so next thing I did was to go to google to inputted British airways world cargo and behold I was link here to see other people's experiences. so later the idiot came online and asked me if I have received the parcel and I replied no, she said OK you would do that tomorrow and then told her tat they were asking me for money, she kept quiet for a while and later said is it the LDC thus local despatch charge they were talking about? I said I don't know, and I asked her if she knew about it, she said they said something like that at the airport and then asked her why she didn't tell me, but that the receipt reads that everything has been paid for. well to cut the story short I made her knew that I have found out the she is a fraudster and that she can not get me that cheap and she ran away and stop responding to my messages.

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by coxlinda(m): 7:10am On Dec 16, 2016
Is forum is very helpful dis one called himself Micheal Hoffman from scotland want to scam me telling he has sent iphone and a macbook laptop...that will be delivered in 6-7hours guz be careful dis is pin(556AD103) be careful guz
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by edo3(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2016
Now i know why chidi collected my UBA acct detail that someone would sent 7500 to me sometimes two yrs back. I collected d money and sent it to him in lag.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by abuaoyen(f): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2016
Is he worst Dan MMM?
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Ezeugostephen(m): 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
I was just scammed by a guy wey think say guy man dey guy gayoyo.

she say her name na Selina Brown.

she sent a parcel of a laptop apple product and 900pounds for up keeps.

I quickly Google British airways and discovered this trend of scam so I waited for the parcel to land and I called they said it landed in abuja. and I claimed I am in abuja.

where is their location, and he called a useless name(just imagine it in ur head)

after I log into my FB to notify the soon dying Selina Brown that I got the hype, she blocked me. instantly.

praise the Lord.;

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by shellybubu(f): 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please guys be informed... I was almost scammed of 10,500k by this person... facebook name "Nelson Nosakhare' a suppose friend that lied he was base in UK. that he sent a parcel for me.

I later got a message from "Sky Logistics" he requested I pay 10,500 for clearance fee. pls be guided and don't fall a
victim of this. He is a fraudster don't be
misled. Facebook name "Nelson Nosakhare' claims he stays in UK... beware of fake Facebook account.

SKY LOGISTICS courier service INTL
Dear Miss, You have a parcel with our company, that was sent
from London UK, arrived Nigeria Margaret Ekpo International
Airport Calabar. Your Ref Number (#669973A) Please kindly
come for pick-up or contact the delivery agent in-charge for
the week on
08136632400 for more details in regards to your items.
THANKS FOR USING OUR service

The account details he sent:

Ebirim stanley o
Access bank
SKY LOGISTICS COURIER SERVICE INTL

AGENT ACCT INFO/ NAME: UZOMA CYTHIA N
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3091265389
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK
CLEARANCE FEE: 10,500# ONLY
DELIVERY SCHEDULED: 5HOURS

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by lepasharon(f): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
You lot are fools. Only greedy and gullible ppl get scammed.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by uniqflames(m): 8:21am On May 08, 2017
Now on palmchat and ladies.

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Venica(f): 6:50pm On May 08, 2017
na wa o. op thanks for d info. i remember d time 2go was reigning. some idiots told me my 2go profile pic has won d sum of #300,000. was ask to call one skye bank manager to claim it. called d guy n he told me to send #1500recharge card for some important things before d money could be transfer to my account. i told them am a cheerful giver so i dash them 25k from d money to do whatever they like . them never bother to call me again.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Michaelmary: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lol. I met the same scammer on Facebook. We didn't chat long en the man was asking that he would like video chat with me whether i have iphone. I said no en he said he will send iphone 6, Macbook, Apple Laptop en 900 pounds. I was over excited that i didn't sleep that night. He sent the claiming document to me having the customer care number in it. The next day, i called the number a woman picked i told my intentions. She said it arrived safely that i should come to the airport for it. I told her am in Lagos, they should send it here. She said is not podsible maybe i can try the home delivery it 7, 500. I told the man to pay them the delivery money that am broke now. He said i should tell them to take it from the 900 pounds. They refused to do so. I keep on disturbing the man en he blocked me on facebook.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Michaelmary: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Michaelmary post=57759281]Lol. I met the same scammer on Facebook. We didn't chat long en the man was asking that he would like video chat with me whether i have iphone. I said no en he said he will send iphone 6, Macbook, Apple Laptop en 900 pounds. I was over excited that i didn't sleep that night. He sent the claiming document to me having the customer care number in it. The next day, i called the number a woman picked i told my intentions. She said it arrived safely that i should come to the airport for it. I told her am in Lagos, they should send it here. She said is not podsible maybe i can try the home delivery it 7, 500. I told the man to pay them the delivery money that am broke now. He said i should tell them to take it from the 900 pounds. They refused to do so. I keep on disturbing the man en he blocked me on facebook.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by maklelemakukula(m): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
u wan scam am nd he wan scam you...abeg shift

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by emekus37: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2017
guys,good morning all..my aunt sent 20k to him.. he showed her the receipt and the parcel containing 700pounds on it.. after she sent the money he didn't pick up later on he blocked her from calling I collected the number from her.. customer care line written on it.. wish she told me earlier on won't allow her to send it.. I called him with my line this morning not quite long..i am blessed with teasing.. I twisted his head...i have the record of his voice.. I said ow VA nau..na WA for u o u just leave me... he just said no vex baba how
my side I said thank God o, wetin they na..op say rain they fall there.. he said yes that who is this.. I said Stevo he said which Stevo I said Mike friend... he said ooo..wetin dae.. I say am fine that where he dae.. he said festac,i said Op say lit dae.. she he fit text me d address whey e dae.. I wan hustle on line.. am waiting for his text.. cus am ready to pick him up... am going to stand on him, cus na brigader wife sister he scam.. na prison he go go.. guys who wants to hear is voice I recorded..07037383708 am kelvheen by name.. thanks all of you
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by airsaylongcon: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2017
Sorry if u find this offensive but what has been sister-in-law to a brigadier got to do with this? If she had gotten £700 cash we for know say na brigadier sister-in-law? Cos dem don con her now na e we wan know? My brother tell her to cut her loss. In life u win some u loose some
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by baba11(m): 11:43am On Aug 01, 2017
uniqflames:
Now on palmchat and ladies.
This scam reached my side today. Thank God for Google and Nairaland... It's exactly this post I quoted above that was sent to me from one Stephanie on palmchat. My people, my people, scammers are on the prowl cool
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by east4u: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2017
Beware of Charlie Jones on Facebook... He is a yahoo boy using this picture to scam people.

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by coolangel54(f): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
hmmmm. THANK GOD FOR NAIRALAND. I have been dancing and singing that I would soon have an iphone8, apple laptop and $900 all in my name. Initially, he asked for my Swiss account so he can deposit the money but I told him I do not have one. He said he has sent the devices plus $900 through British Airways cargo. overjoy wan kill me only for me to land myself in these comments and posts. Thank God, we have not gone far and that I have not sent him any money cos I do not even have to send. Anyways, his name is JOHNSON STEWART on Facebook. Just hoping it is for real sha.

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by coolangel54(f): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
THIS IS HIS PICTURE. JOHNSON STEWART

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Cayjohnson: 4:20am On Nov 10, 2017
Am having the same experience here my own name scamer is Rose Patras, please let us be careful .
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by mutfaith: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
another scammer about to scamme me o.... james olie. from scotland , thanks to nairaland people.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by mutfaith: 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
pls let all be very careful o..
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Mhiz07: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2017
Am actually in d same shoe now, tho am still expecting my own package, the guy really want to scam me, he doesn't know am skuling @there headquarter... (LAUTECH) may God save us from this scammers [color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) / Corpse Of Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu & The Policeman That Shot Her Dead (Graphic / Kidnapper Collins Ezenwa ‘E-Money’ Properties Seized By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.