Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary (30281 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 8:23am On Feb 19, 2016
atuanso:

WITH CATHOLICS WE DONT KNOW WHERE TO START. FIRST AND FORMOST, NO MAN HONOURS ANOTHER EXCEPT GOD. WHATEVER WE DO HERE ON EARTH WE ARE SUBJECT TO EVALUATION BY THE ALMIGHT. ALL MORTALS ALIKE. AND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED MARY WAS A MORTAL. MARY GAVE BIRTH TO THE PHYSICAL SAVIOUR. THE ONE THAT HAD A FORM. WHEREAS THE STIRIT CHRIST HAS ALWAYS EXISTED EVEN BEFORE ABRAHAM LET ALONE MARY. HAVING NEITHER BEGINNING NOR END OF DAYS. EVEN CHRIST WAS NOT HONOURED DURING HIS TIME ON EARTH. BUT AFTER. PHILIPEANS TOLD AS WHY AND HOW THESE CAME TO BE..PHIL 1-10. IF THE MASSSIAH WAS NOT HOUNOURED BUT UNTIL AFTER HIS WORK, WHO ARE WE THEN AS MORTAL TO DECIDE WHO TO HONOURE OR PRAY THROUGH.

IF CHRIST WANTED US TO PRAY THROUGHT HIS MOTHER AFTER HE WAS GONE AM SURE HE WOULD HAVE LEFT IN DOWN AS A NOTE OF WORTH... LIKE DO THIS IN REMEBRANCE OF ME.

THERE ARE SEVERAL MANY THINGS THE BIBLE LEFT FOR US TO DO THAT WE FAIL TO DO. BUT RATHER ITS THE FEW ONCE WHICH CLEARLY ARE NOT MENTIONED [LIKE CHRISTMAS FOR INTANCE] THAT WE OFTEN ENGAGE OURSELVES IN WITH OUR HUMAN DISCRETION. THERE IS ONLY ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN. AND I THINK WE KNOW WHO THAT IS WHY MAKE IT TWO.
Xam commandment made u 2 know dis " 4th commandment honour thy Fr nd Mother. Christ showed us dt we need Mary dt was y He gave Mary 2 d disciple on d cross saying" Mother behold thy Son, Son behold thy Mother. Jesus knew d importants of having her as a mother
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why do Catholic's pray through Mary-simple they don't know Jesus.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
brocab:
Why do Catholic's pray through Mary-simple they don't know Jesus.

Taaaaaaaaaa na lie oooo read d post again
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 2:04am On Apr 23, 2016
OK I WILL MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU TO READ, THEY CAN'T FIND JESUS, LET ALONE GETTING TO KNOW HIM. ONE WOULD THINK CATHOLIC'S WOULD KNOW WHOM THEY WORSHIP MORE THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD, BUT THEY DON'T. THIS IS WHY JESUS HAD CALLED HIS OWN CHURCH OUT FROM THEM. SO WE DON'T WORSHIP AN UNKNOWN GOD.
Jusmudi:

Taaaaaaaaaa na lie oooo read d post again
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by wizzyjay(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
brocab:
OK I WILL MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU TO READ, THEY CAN'T FIND JESUS, LET ALONE GETTING TO KNOW HIM. ONE WOULD THINK CATHOLIC'S WOULD KNOW WHOM THEY WORSHIP MORE THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD, BUT THEY DON'T. THIS IS WHY JESUS HAD CALLED HIS OWN CHURCH OUT FROM THEM. SO WE DON'T WORSHIP AN UNKNOWN GOD.

Question: did Catholic pray in Mary name

2 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 1:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Yes they do, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven.
wizzyjay:

Question: did Catholic pray in Mary name

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by wizzyjay(m): 4:52am On Aug 22, 2016
Capital NO because we pray in Jesus name
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 4:55am On Aug 22, 2016
brocab:
Yes they do, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven.

False. Catholics start and end every prayer "In the name of the Father, and of the Son (Jesus Christ), and of Holy Spirit".
All prayers are offered to Jesus either directly or through an intermediary who acts as an intercessor. Catholics sometimes use intercession because the bible approves it. We should pray for one another as members of the Church.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Listen we could argue about such religion all day long, and we can prove the sorcery the Catholic's have chosen to live, since the Church had planted Romes roots, Rome legs were made of Iron, the feet were made of Iron and clay, which divided the nations-and through the centuries the church sits in their weaknesses.
Divided themselves from God, Constantine had mixed Christianity with their pagan Goddess Queen Isis-Queen Dianna and Mary the Mother of God-all statues having the same Qualification until this day. Pagan religion use these images as their mediators, like the Catholic's use Mary as theirs.
Pagan religion also believe in praying to their dead saints, and of course the Catholic's do also.
Jesus said one must be born again before he can enter into the Kingdom of God. Most Catholic's believe the opposite, the Church comes before Christ.
Thur shalt not bow down before any other images made from above, on Earth, nor under the Earth.
You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve.

I am sure the name you have chosen had open up the eye's of the blind "9inches"
9inches:

False. Catholics start and end every prayer "In the name of the Father, and of the Son (Jesus Christ), and of Holy Spirit".
All prayers are offered to Jesus either directly or through an intermediary who acts as an intercessor. Catholics sometimes use intercession because the bible approves it. We should pray for one another as members of the Church.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
brocab:
Listen we could argue about such religion all day long, and we can prove the sorcery the Catholic's have chosen to live, since the Church had planted Romes roots, Rome legs were made of Iron, the feet were made of Iron and clay, which divided the nations-and through the centuries the church sits in their weaknesses.
Divided themselves from God, Constantine had mixed Christianity with their pagan Goddess Queen Isis-Queen Dianna and Mary the Mother of God-all statues having the same Qualification until this day. Pagan religion use these images as their mediators, like the Catholic's use Mary as theirs.
Pagan religion also believe in praying to their dead saints, and of course the Catholic's do also.
Jesus said one must be born again before he can enter into the Kingdom of God. Most Catholic's believe the opposite, the Church comes before Christ.
Thur shalt not bow down before any other images made from above, on Earth, nor under the Earth.
You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve.

I am sure the name you have chosen had open up the eye's of the blind "9inches"

How does this relate to the comment you quoted, or you just attempted to start a new line of argument. You are free to start a new topic and mention my moniker, then I can address your assumptions and fallacies.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 2:19am On Aug 24, 2016
Its like this' if you knew some history about your religion then you may understand why the Catholic's don't pray directly in Jesus's name, nor do they end their prayers in His name. Nor does the Rosary's have anything to do with Him-Hail Mary, Mother of God.
All your prayers start with Mary and end with Mary-The Catholic's use Mary as their mediator, she is used as the go between 'between you and Jesus and the Father.
Rather then praying directly to Jesus and the Father, the Catholic's pray directly to Mary, and of course let us not leave out the dead saints {Have you heard this verse written in the bible, let the dead, bury their dead} Through history over time, millions of Catholic's bow down kissing Mary's feet as they enter into the church.
{If we were to worship the same God-we wouldn't be divided, but we are.}
What does the 10 commandments say? You shall not bow down before any images, that is made either above, on earth, and below the earth..
And what does the Catholic Church do, they worship these images as part of their pagan beliefs, everything God said not to do, the Catholic's do the opposite.

God said go into your secret place {Bedroom etc...} and when you Pray, pray to your heavenly Father.
With centuries of evidence the Catholic's had proven to the world they directly pray to their Heavenly Mother, Queen of Heaven, Mother of God.
For centuries the Catholic's had placed Mary on their pedestal as their go between {A mediator between God and Man} Lets not forget your dead saints you pray too laying around in the Vatican.
The Catholic church is divided against each other, and a divided church will never stand without praying directly to God.
9inches:

How does this relate to the comment you quoted, or you just attempted to start a new line of argument. You are free to start a new topic and mention my moniker, then I can address your assumptions and fallacies.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 2:28am On Aug 24, 2016
brocab:
Its like this' if you knew some history about your religion then you may understand why the Catholic's don't pray directly in Jesus's name, nor do they end their prayers in His name. Nor does the Rosary's have anything to do with Him-Hail Mary, Mother of God.
All your prayers start with Mary and end with Mary-The Catholic's use Mary as their mediator, she is used as the go between 'between you and Jesus and the Father.
Rather then praying directly to Jesus and the Father, the Catholic's pray directly to Mary, and of course let us not leave out the dead saints {Have you heard this verse written in the bible, let the dead, bury their dead} Through history over time, millions of Catholic's bow down kissing Mary's feet as they enter into the church.
{If we were to worship the same God-we wouldn't be divided, but we are.}
What does the 10 commandments say? You shall not bow down before any images, that is made either above, on earth, and below the earth..
And what does the Catholic Church do, they worship these images as part of their pagan beliefs, everything God said not to do, the Catholic's do the opposite.

God said go into your secret place {Bedroom etc...} and when you Pray, pray to your heavenly Father.
With centuries of evidence the Catholic's had proven to the world they directly pray to their Heavenly Mother, Queen of Heaven, Mother of God.
For centuries the Catholic's had placed Mary on their pedestal as their go between {A mediator between God and Man} Lets not forget your dead saints you pray too laying around in the Vatican.
The Catholic church is divided against each other, and a divided church will never stand without God.

You know nothing about the Catholic church. Catholics don't start any prayer without making the sign of the cross. Do you know what the sign of the cross is?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 2:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Why make a sign of the cross, when you know God said don't make any images, above, on earth or under the earth.
And again besides the statues, you are showing signs of the cross before you pray, another image-then of course you pick up the rosary's and your first words are Hail Mary Mother of God.
9inches:

You know nothing about the Catholic church. Catholics don't start any prayer without making the sign of the cross. Do you know what the sign of the cross is?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 4:41am On Aug 24, 2016
brocab:
Why make a sign of the cross, when you know God said don't make any images, above, on earth or under the earth.
And again besides the statues, you are showing signs of the cross before you pray, another image-then of course you pick up the rosary's and your first words are Hail Mary Mother of God.

@bolded, is that how your parents pray(ed) their rosary? Well, in Roman Catholic we start and conclude ALL prayers by saying 'In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit...' I just said it (twice) before my breakfast, and will repeat same when I finish.

One for your ignorance - Catholics do not "pick up the rosary"; we pick up the rosary beads and say the rosary.

As I do not charge money for curing ignorance, You are welcome!
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 1:23am On Aug 25, 2016
No it is not how my parents pray-nor do I in this matter, this sort of prayer line belongs only to the Catholic's.
And of course you are Catholic.

The Rosary's
1" Make a sign of the cross and say "Apostles Greed".
2" Say the "Our Father".
3" Say 3 "Hail Mary's".
4" Say the glory be to the "Father".
5" Announce the first mystery and then say the "Our Father".
6" Say 10 "hail Mary's" while mediating on the mystery.
7" Say the glory be to the "Father".
8" Announce the second mystery then say the "Our Father" Repent 6 and 7 and continual with third fourth and fifth Mysteries in the same Manner.
After the Rosary's
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, Our life Our sweetness and our Hope! to thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.to thee do we send up our sights, mourning and weeping in the Vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eye's of mercy towards us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb. Jesus O clement, O Loving O sweet Virgin Mary.
V, Pray for us O Holy Mother Of God.
R, That we maybe made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray O God whose only begotten Son, by His Life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech thee, that mediating upon these Mysteries of the "Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary" we may imitate what they contain what they promise, through the same Our Lord Amen.
After each decade say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima.
The Fatima story about the 3 children, many witnesses said they seen flashing coloured lights spinning around, most people would call this a UFO, while others seen bright lights, and others couldn't see anything.
Only one child out of the three claimed she saw Mary, she and another heard Mary speak, and the third child number 3 child heard nor seen nothing. This story was only told by the Catholic's, yes is it true, and no it isn't true.

I think this sums it up, who is your mediator between God and Man.
9inches:

@bolded, is that how your parents pray(ed) their rosary? Well, in Roman Catholic we start and conclude ALL prayers by saying 'In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit...' I just said it (twice) before my breakfast, and will repeat same when I finish.

One for your ignorance - Catholics do not "pick up the rosary"; we pick up the rosary beads and say the rosary.

As I do not charge money for curing ignorance, You are welcome!
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
brocab:

The Rosary's
1" Make a sign of the cross and say "Apostles Greed".
2" Say the "Our Father".
3" Say 3 "Hail Mary's".
4" Say the glory be to the "Father".
5" Announce the first mystery and then say the "Our Father".
6" Say 10 "hail Mary's" while mediating on the mystery.
7" Say the glory be to the "Father".
8" Announce the second mystery then say the "Our Father" Repent 6 and 7 and continual with third fourth and fifth Mysteries in the same Manner.
After the Rosary's
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, Our life Our sweetness and our Hope! to thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.to thee do we send up our sights, mourning and weeping in the Vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eye's of mercy towards us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb. Jesus O clement, O Loving O sweet Virgin Mary.
V, Pray for us O Holy Mother Of God.
R, That we maybe made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray O God whose only begotten Son, by His Life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech thee, that mediating upon these Mysteries of the "Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary" we may imitate what they contain what they promise, through the same Our Lord Amen.

I think you are wrapping your head around it now, although you forgot another 'sign of the cross' at the end.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 7:44am On Aug 27, 2016
So does this mean you are now a happy chappy. I pray the way God had told us to pray-I find it easier praying to God by just asking Him directly for the things I need.
Your way of praying the Rosaries is man made, it isn't scriptural. And plus who pray's to Mary and expecting Her to mediate for us, when everyone knows all we need to do, is ask the Lord ourselves.
9inches:

I think you are wrapping your head around it now, although you forgot another 'sign of the cross' at the end.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 6:44am On Aug 31, 2016
brocab:
So does this mean you are now a happy chappy. I pray the way God had told us to pray-I find it easier praying to God by just asking Him directly for the things I need.
Your way of praying the Rosaries is man made, it isn't scriptural. And plus who pray's to Mary and expecting Her to mediate for us, when everyone knows all we need to do, is ask the Lord ourselves.

I pray to God directly too. Often times I seek for His mother's help; that works for me as well. It is not a one-way street but it certainly ends at one place.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 3:18am On Sep 01, 2016
You are right about God having a Mother on earth and He became flesh and Blood, living amongst men.
But praying to Mary-isn't the same as praying to God directly, but using Mary as your mediator between you and God, again isn't praying directly to God.
Why do we need to seek His Mothers help, when we have Our Father in Heaven Hollowed be thru Name your Kingdom come, thru will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, give us our daily bread, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us, and do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Amen...
Is this a direct prayer God had asked us all to pray, all have you another. That's not scriptural?...
9inches:

I pray to God directly too. Often times I seek for His mother's help; that works for me as well. It is not a one-way street but it certainly ends at one place.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 4:39am On Sep 02, 2016
The world is someday coming to an end, and the day's are coming quickly, at the blink of an eye, the Lord is coming. Time to seek, and the time to put away lying from our hearts, let each one speak truth to his neighbour, for we are members of one another, let no corrupt words come out of our mouths, nor give any place for the devil, and do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness wrath anger, clamour, and every foolish speaking be put away from you.
Seeking the word of God for the truth to be revealed.
Jesus Christ is the only name above all other names, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords will be riding so every eye will see and every man woman and child will know, and every knee will bow that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen...
Many have been called, but few of those have been chosen.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
brocab:
You are right about God having a Mother on earth and He became flesh and Blood, living amongst men.
But praying to Mary-isn't the same as praying to God directly, but using Mary as your mediator between you and God, again isn't praying directly to God.
Why do we need to seek His Mothers help, when we have Our Father in Heaven Hollowed be thru Name your Kingdom come, thru will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, give us our daily bread, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us, and do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Amen...
Is this a direct prayer God had asked us all to pray, all have you another. That's not scriptural?...

Just to clarify this to you, Jesus taught us how to pray, the 'Our Father' prayer is more like a sample He gave. Throughout His lifetime on earth, I doubt He ever said that exact prayer.
Mary's intervention at Cana in Galilee is one of the reasons we seek her help. Catholics know you can't love, respect and honour your mother more than Jesus would.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
In the bible it tells us to put God first {Proverbs 3:6} In everything we do, put God first. A man is head of the woman and Christ is head of the Church.
{Matthew 6:33} But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness.
{Matthew 6:24} No one can serve to masters, he will either hate the one, and love the other.
{Matthew 22:37} You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with or your soul and with all your mind,
So you see, the only passages we find about honouring our earthly Fathers and Mothers is in {Matthew 19:19, Ephesians 6:2, Exodus 20:12} And continual's with Loving your neighbour as yourselves.
And if Jesus used this prayer as a good example, it was a good one at that. And if were truly a man/woman in Christ, you wouldn't hesitate, this prayer the Lord had given us to pray. It says it all 'doesn't it...
9inches:

Just to clarify this to you, Jesus taught us how to pray, the 'Our Father' prayer is more like a sample He gave. Throughout His lifetime on earth, I doubt He ever said that exact prayer.
Mary's intervention at Cana in Galilee is one of the reasons we seek her help. Catholics know you can't love, respect and honour your mother more than Jesus would.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2016
brocab:
In the bible it tells us to put God first {Proverbs 3:6} In everything we do, put God first. A man is head of the woman and Christ is head of the Church.
{Matthew 6:33} But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness.
{Matthew 6:24} No one can serve to masters, he will either hate the one, and love the other.
{Matthew 22:37} You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with or your soul and with all your mind,
So you see, the only passages we find about honouring our earthly Fathers and Mothers is in {Matthew 19:19, Ephesians 6:2, Exodus 20:12} And continual's with Loving your neighbour as yourselves.
And if Jesus used this prayer as a good example, it was a good one at that. And if were truly a man/woman in Christ, you wouldn't hesitate, this prayer the Lord had given us to pray. It says it all 'doesn't it...

God is first and even the end of everything we do as Catholics. We are encouraged to pray for each other, so asking for prayers from anyone on earth or in heaven is permitted in the scripture.
We don't put anything or anybody before God; He is the head of the Church. He shares that position with no one.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2016
You say you don't put anything or anybody before God, for centuries now the world knows who the Catholic's bow down and prise too. Kissing the feet of a statue.
Don't forget you have placed Mary's name above all other names here on earth under the earth and above the earth. Queen of Heaven Mother of God.
Secondly you say you pray for each other, placing Mary as your number one mediator between man to God, you also pray to dead saints, asking them to watch over you, haven't you heard let the dead bury the dead.
And who made them saints, did these saints give themselves over to God and became born again Christians, as God commanded everyone to do, no-one can enter into the kingdom of God without becoming born again.

{John 3:3-7} Born again means, born from above, Nicodemus had a real need, He needed a change from his heart, a spiritual transformation. New birth being born again is an act of God where by eternal life is imparted to the person who believes {2 Corinthians 5:17, Titus 3:5, 1 peter 1:3, 1 John 2:29, 3:9, 4:7, 5:1-4, 18} {John 1:12-13} indicates that being "born again" also carries the idea of "becoming children of God" through trust in His name Jesus Christ..
{Luke 4:8} And Jesus answered and said unto him, get behind me Satan, for it is written you shall worship your God and in Him only you shall serve.
I bow only to the Lord, and in His name I worship, I don't go through His Mother Mary, nor go through any of the dead saints, the Vatican has laying around in glass coffins to glide me through life.
In Heaven the saints pray-but I refuse to pray to them, My prayers is always directly to the Lord, not the saints, I pray along with my brothers and sisters in the name of Jesus, everything we do, is in His name-theirs is no other name that's greater above the Earth, on the Earth, or under the Earth.
No-one not even Mary has that same authority God had given to Jesus, Mary doesn't sit on God right side in Heaven, Jesus is our mediator, "not Mary". Mary was made of flesh and blood a human being like us, Mary was born into sin, like we are. She received the Holy Spirit after she was found faithful to God to have His Child, God used Mary as the virgin to be the Mother of Jesus.
After the birth of Jesus she had more children with Joe.

Respecting ones Mother for having a child, is understanding, but to worship ones Mother kissing her feet, and praying to her, as you enter inside a church building totally shows the Catholic's had placed a sinner above God.
Every child that is born, is one of God's creations? And every child that's born into the world, is born a sinner because of the fall of Adam and Eve.. And Mary was also born a sinner.......
There's no place in the bible where it say's we are to worship Mary. Mary was not only Jesus Mother, she was one of Jesus disciples, men and women of God that spread the good news across the nations just like we do today..
9inches:

God is first and even the end of everything we do as Catholics. We are encouraged to pray for each other, so asking for prayers from anyone on earth or in heaven is permitted in the scripture.
We don't put anything or anybody before God; He is the head of the Church. He shares that position with no one.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2016
brocab:
You say you don't put anything or anybody before God, for centuries now the world knows who the Catholic's bow down and prise too. Kissing the feet of a statue.
And you think that petson is?

Don't forget you have placed Mary's name above all other names here on earth under the earth and above the earth.
You made that up, didn't you? cheesy

Queen of Heaven Mother of God
You can say that again. That's her status right there!

Secondly you say you pray for each other, placing Mary as your number one mediator between man to God, you also pray to saints asking them to watch over you
Right kiss The bible encouraged us to do so.

haven't you heard let the dead bury the dead
So why would you bury your dead (grand)parents? Aren'tyou supposed to be dead to do so? Receive sense in Jesus name.

did these saints give themselves over to God and became born again Christians, as God commanded everyone to do, no-one can enter into the kingdom of God without becoming born again.
Yes they all did or else they would not have made heaven

I bow only to the Lord, and in His name I worship, I don't go through His Mother Mary, nor go through any of the dead saints
Same here bro. We offer the bolded directly to God. But when we need to make a plea for favours, we are at liberty to either go direct, through an approved intermediary or even use both. You can hardly reject your mother's plea, right?

1. In Heaven the saints pray-but I refuse to pray to them. My prayers is always directly to the Lord, not the saints,
2. I pray along with my brothers and sisters (who are saints) in the name of Jesus, everything we do, is in His name-there is no other name that's greater above the Earth, on the Earth, or under the Earth
You just slayed yourself by the above statements.

Mary was made of flesh and blood a human being like us, Mary was born into sin, like we are. She received the Holy Spirit after she was found faithful to God to have His Child, God used Mary as the virgin to be the Mother of Jesus.
Mary being the "New Eve" of Revelation 12, brings life and salvation to all of her children through her obedience. The same "serpent" who deceived the original woman of Genesis is revealed in Revelation 12 to fail in his attempt to overcome this new woman. The New Eve overcomes the serpent and as a result, "The serpent is angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God, and bear testimony to Jesus" (Revelation 12:17).

If Mary is the New Eve and New Testament fulfillments are always more glorious than their Old Testament antecedents, it would be unthinkable for Mary to be conceived in sin. If she were, she would be inferior to Eve who was created in a perfect state, free from all sin.

After the birth of Jesus she had more children with Joe.
Mary assumed into heaven a virgin.

Mary was also born a sinner
Your word against the Mother of God and Her Son. My hand no dey there.

There's no place in the bible where it say's we are to worship Mary
The statement is even uncalled for, unless you have been worshipping Mary, which would be a wrong thing to do. I haven't seen that happen, have you?

I just had a good free time this morning, hence these replies. Now can we stop going off course and stick to our main discussion? Don't derail again.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Mosesbutez(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
only God will help you to understand the truth and give you wisdom find the truth bcoz you are Catholics by birth. there is no single versus in the Bible that backup your intercession to Mary (a mortal human being used by God to bring Jesus Christ to the earth). you knows the truth but deviating from this. the truth can never be hidden forever "JESUS CHRIST IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. know I comets to the father except through him (Jesus Christ ) but not through Mary.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
I will let you on a little secret about the bible it is actually spiritual as well as the natural, and Jesus said let the dead bury their dead, he meant let the non spiritual person who had refused the Lord bury the non spiritual dead that just died. Jesus then said come follow Me, and become spiritual as He is Spiritual, don't forget Jesus couldn't do anything without His Father. God is Spirit.
Jesus said he who believes in Me is alive in Christ. Those who haven't received Christ are dead in the spirit.

Not all saints go to heaven, Jesus said many are called but few are chosen, He also talks about the Narrow road and the highways, which path we chose to walk on. And in the last days many will say Lord Lord have we not prophesied in your name cast out demons, and prayed in your name, and Jesus said get away from Me, I never knew you.
Mary is only approved in the Catholic Church as your mediator, other believers see's Jesus as their only mediator as the word of God tells us He is. The Catholic Church had disapproved the word of God..
Adam and Eve were made to multiply together, both were made from dust and both they will return to dust, and because of Adam and Eve's sin they were both cast out into the wildness from the garden of Eden, and had children of good and evil because of this sin. And you have compared Mary to be equal with Eve? Eve disobeyed God from picking the forbidden fruit. And lets read on, they both had children one of Good and the other evil Abel and Cain...
Mary was a at a very young age and a virgin who God found faithful to Him to have His Child, Mary wasn't Holy like the Lord, she had received the Holy Spirit. Through her faith the Spirit grew, and the Lord came, to save the world, to bring salvation for all His Children.
But you have given all what the Father had given to His Son "to His Mother Mary.

Is Jesus rejecting His Mothers plead when He said this-{Matthew 12:47-49} The disciples said to Jesus your Mother and your brothers are outside wanting to speak with you, Jesus said who are my Mother and brothers, pointing to His disciples He said here are My Mother and my brothers, so you see, Jesus said those who believe in Me and spread His Gospel are His Mother and brothers.
Is Jesus rejecting His Mothers plead when He said this-{Matthew 10:37} He that loves there Father and Mother more then Me is not worthy of Me.
9inches:

And you think that petson is?

You made that up, didn't you? cheesy

You can say that again. That's her status right there!

Right kiss The bible encouraged us to do so.

So why would you bury your dead (grand)parents? Aren'tyou supposed to be dead to do so? Receive sense in Jesus name.

Yes they all did or else they would not have made heaven

Same here bro. We offer the bolded directly to God. But when we need to make a plea for favours, we are at liberty to either go direct, through an approved intermediary or even use both. You can hardly reject your mother's plea, right?

You just slayed yourself by the above statements.

Mary being the "New Eve" of Revelation 12, brings life and salvation to all of her children through her obedience. The same "serpent" who deceived the original woman of Genesis is revealed in Revelation 12 to fail in his attempt to overcome this new woman. The New Eve overcomes the serpent and as a result, "The serpent is angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God, and bear testimony to Jesus" (Revelation 12:17).

If Mary is the New Eve and New Testament fulfillments are always more glorious than their Old Testament antecedents, it would be unthinkable for Mary to be conceived in sin. If she were, she would be inferior to Eve who was created in a perfect state, free from all sin.

Mary assumed into heaven a virgin.

Your word against the Mother of God and Her Son. My hand no dey there.

The statement is even uncalled for, unless you have been worshipping Mary, which would be a wrong thing to do. I haven't seen that happen, have you?

I just had a good free time this morning, hence these replies. Now can we stop going off course and stick to our main discussion? Don't derail again.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by asamaigho(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Jusmudi:

Bros why do u ask ur pastor to pray 4 u?

Bros even paul ask d church to pray for one anoda......not dead people praying for the living.

Ur qwestion lacks biblical truth.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 1:12am On Sep 11, 2016
asamaigho:

Bros even paul ask d church to pray for one anoda......not dead people praying for the living.

Ur qwestion lacks biblical truth.

"Death" should be put in a context. In the Catholic Church, we don't consider those in heaven as dead people. We call it 'Communion of Saints'.
Have you ever heard us say "May the souls of all the faithfuls departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace"? We say 'departed', not 'dead'.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 6:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Then why pray to the saints if they are already in Heaven, why not just pray to God, as the bible tells as to do.
Seek and you will find, knock and it will be open.

Their are no dead people in Heaven, they are either alive in Heaven in the Spirit, or they are alive in the place the Catholic's call {Purgatory of a no return, other words-Hell in Spirit}
9inches:

"Death" should be put in a context. In the Catholic Church, we don't consider those in heaven as dead people. We call it 'Communion of Saints'.
Have you ever heard us say "May the souls of all the faithfuls departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace"? We say 'departed', not 'dead'.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 7:03am On Sep 11, 2016
brocab:
Then why pray to the saints if they are already in Heaven, why not just pray to God, as the bible tells as to do.

Nothing more than to boost the chances of us obtaining favours. That's the lowest I can explain it for your grasp. Hope you get it now.

The Catholic Church was commissioned by Christ to teach all nations and to teach them infallibly-guided, as He promised, by the Holy Spirit until the end of the world (John 14:26, 16:13).
It's not beans talk, it's a valid bragging right.

The mere fact that the Church teaches that something is definitely true is a guarantee that it is true (Matt. 28:18-20, Luke 10:16, 1 Tim. 3:15).
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:12am On Sep 12, 2016
The Catholic Church was not commissioned by Christ, your claims built your Church that came from Peter as you recall it, God gave Peter the words to say.
{Matthew 16:16} And Simon Peter answered, you are the Christ the Son of the living God, and Jesus didn't reject it, only because the words weren't spoken in the flesh but in the Spirit. Jesus replied and bless are you Simon son of Jonah for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in Heaven..
The Catholic Church believed Peter was the author of your Church, Jesus said He will build His Church on the words the Father gave to Peter. Which means Peter isn't the rock the Lord was referring too..
And if you Catholic's believe Peter was the one Jesus planted a Church upon, then you had built your Church on flesh and blood.
And don't forget it was the Church of Rome that divided all Churches, because of pagan religion, you still use today.{Idolising your idol's}
{Daniel 2:31-34} The image head was of fine Gold, it's chest and arms of silver, it's legs of iron, You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image of it's feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces.
That answers it quite well about the Roman Catholic Church.
9inches:

Nothing more than to boost the chances of us obtaining favours. That's the lowest I can explain it for your grasp. Hope you get it now.

The Catholic Church was commissioned by Christ to teach all nations and to teach them infallibly-guided, as He promised, by the Holy Spirit until the end of the world (John 14:26, 16:13).
It's not beans talk, it's a valid bragging right.

The mere fact that the Church teaches that something is definitely true is a guarantee that it is true (Matt. 28:18-20, Luke 10:16, 1 Tim. 3:15).

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / Ban Funke Felix Adejumo From Coming To UK - Mayowa Olayia Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.