Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary (30195 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
I believe the child go's back to God...Unless you can prove otherwise?
9inches:

And when that child is born but dies before being baptised, he/she goes to _________?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 1:49am On Sep 23, 2016
brocab:
I believe the child go's back to God...Unless you can prove otherwise?

With his/her original sin?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2016
{Matthew 19:14, Luke 18:16} Jesus said, Allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto Me; for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven...
9inches:

With his/her original sin?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2016
Heaven...
9inches:

And when that child is born but dies before being baptised, he/she goes to _________?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2016
Universal Catholic does not show any evidence Christ started your church. The body of Christ isn't made of brick and mortar...
The Spirit of God lives in those who have chosen to believe...
I can attend church within my own home, ever where I go-Jesus said when two or three are gather in His name He is in the mist of us...
There are more born again Christians around the world then any other religions such as yours, born again's who had found the truth and accepted Christ into their hearts. Jesus Christ is Lord....
9inches:

{Ephesians 4:5} One Lord One faith and One baptism...
When Jesus founded the Church, it wasn’t a bunch of separate churches with their own individual doctrines, but a body with different parts throughout the world. We can see this from how Sts. Peter and Paul jumped from church to church around the Mediterranean Sea, founding churches that supported each other and had the same doctrine and rules.

It only makes sense that if Jesus founded one Church, it would be for the whole world. The word “catholic” comes from the Greek word “katholicos” which means universal. With that in mind, the Catholic Church is the Universal Church for all of humanity founded by Jesus. Only a single Church founded on Christ can fulfill the Great Commission, baptizing and making disciples of all nations.

One of the most beautiful things about the Catholic Church is its universality. I can attend mass pretty much anywhere around the world, and though I might not know the language, it’ll be the same liturgy with the same Eucharistic Lord and the same beliefs.

The Church must be able to adapt to different cultures without changing the doctrine or liturgy, which has been shown by the Catholic Church time and time again, on all 6 continents.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Uben you are not even Christian...
Ubenedictus:
who told u the intercession of the saints isnt thru Jesus
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
Only if you Catholic's could just open up your own hearts a little, and study your own history about your Church.
The Catholic Church {Universal} means nothing to a believer in Christ. A broken down Church, that not even the Spirit of God, could rein in such.

9 inches who would want to chase after a unloving God, a God who has his army of priest who believe they can forgive sins.
Who would want to chase after a God, that puts fear and torment through peoples lives. A God who lies about purgatory, an unloving God, a unforgiving and unrepentant God.
A God who allows priest to have sexual relationships with men and Children, sacrificing the souls of the youth, worshipping Lucifer in Latin. A God that murders and torches the innocent.
History brother tells the story. And the Catholic Church holds their story like it's tomorrow..
This is why I would never turn my life away from Christ, to a God like yours....
Jesus Christ is Lord....
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2016
brocab:

I can conclude you are not a Christian. You neither know what Christianity means, nor its history. Take my advice - give yourself a couple more years to mature before you delve into this kind of argument. Because you seem like a lost and confused sheep who keeps wandering about searching for his owner.

Just go learn your bible from the masters/scholars. Then we can talk about the Catholic Church. You are not yet wired to grasp some religious theologies for now.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
Prove your theory, I know more about the Catholic Church then you do...You only know about the outer history, the so called love to whom? Your write ups shows your desires for the Lord are nil. By their fruit we will know them-and your fruit doesn't exist....
Studying up about your Church, and through my own experiences, with the Catholic Church, who call themselves men and women of God really shows a strange way of showing it, matter of fact they don't preach the word of God as it stands, they preach it with fear.
They murdered men and women, who had chosen to accept the Lord, men and women who died in the name of Jesus.
Children were taken away from their parents, under witchcraft some sacrificed, others murdered, many sexually raped, and abused or in the name of the Catholic Church.

If you looked more into your history, you would know why the Catholic Church turned against the Christ, and of cause the Lord's disciples Peter and Paul were murdered by Emperor Nero, and what did the Church do about it, Nothing.
This is the Man that you say started the Catholic Church-a man that walk side by side with Jesus-a man who was filled with the Holy Spirit , A man who knew the truth about Christ.
And Emperor Nero murdered Him, because it was the disciples that preached the truth about Christ and not pagan idol worship.
And your pagan worship is used still until this day.
Jesus didn't like the Pharisees back then, and He still don't like them now.
The Catholic Church is great on the outside but inside they are full of dead mans bones, and we have the evidence inside the Vatican, that not even they will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, nor allow anybody else, to go into it either.

This is the truth you keep refusing to mention, trying to draw people into your kingdom of purgatory Hell. Repent in the name of Jesus turn away from the gates of Hell, come and join us and be set free in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord our savour.
So don't write this hog wash you know more about the inter history about your Church, people just need to read up about your history, and if they a clever enough they will search the truth about your Church today. Catholic Priest who claim they are men of God are still under investigation of Child Molesting, more then once....
People aren't looking for the lies-they want truth-don't forget we are spreading the gospel across the nations, and that gospel is even to you.
The Catholic Church always seem to cover up on these terrible mistakes they keep on repeating, the problem is they turn to each other asking for their forgiveness, instead of turning to God Almighty Himself...
The word of God say's He is the only one who can forgive the sins of men... Not priest...
And besides you rely on your master scholars "men 'not Christ" to lead your way-try asking the Lord yourselves He is the only Lord who will lead you to all truth. Jesus Christ is Lord...
9inches:

I can conclude you are not a Christian. You neither know what Christianity means, nor its history. Take my advice - give yourself a couple more years to mature before you delve into this kind of argument. Because you seem like a lost and confused sheep who keeps wandering about searching for his owner.

Just go learn your bible from the masters/scholars. Then we can talk about the Catholic Church. You are not yet wired to grasp some religious theologies for now.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
brocab:
Prove your theory, I know more about the Catholic Church then you do...You only know about the outer history, the so called love to whom? Your write ups shows your desires for the Lord are nil. By their fruit we will know them-and your fruit doesn't exist....
Studying up about your Church, and through my own experiences, with the Catholic Church, who call themselves men and women of God really shows a strange way of showing it, matter of fact they don't preach the word of God as it stands, they preach it with fear.
They murdered men and women, who had chosen to accept the Lord, men and women who died in the name of Jesus.
Children were taken away from their parents, under witchcraft some sacrificed, others murdered, many sexually raped, and abused or in the name of the Catholic Church.

If you looked more into your history, you would know why the Catholic Church turned against the Christ, and of cause the Lord's disciples Peter and Paul were murdered by Emperor Nero, and what did the Church do about it, Nothing.
This is the Man that you say started the Catholic Church-a man that walk side by side with Jesus-a man who was filled with the Holy Spirit , A man who knew the truth about Christ.
And Emperor Nero murdered Him, because it was the disciples that preached the truth about Christ and not pagan idol worship.
And your pagan worship is used still until this day.
Jesus didn't like the Pharisees back then, and He still don't like them now.
The Catholic Church is great on the outside but inside they are full of dead mans bones, and we have the evidence inside the Vatican, that not even they will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, nor allow anybody else, to go into it either.

This is the truth you keep refusing to mention, trying to draw people into your kingdom of purgatory Hell. Repent in the name of Jesus turn away from the gates of Hell, come and join us and be set free in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord our savour.
So don't write this hog wash you know more about the inter history about your Church, people just need to read up about your history, and if they a clever enough they will search the truth about your Church today. Catholic Priest who claim they are men of God are still under investigation of Child Molesting, more then once....
People aren't looking for the lies-they want truth-don't forget we are spreading the gospel across the nations, and that gospel is even to you.
The Catholic Church always seem to cover up on these terrible mistakes they keep on repeating, the problem is they turn to each other asking for their forgiveness, instead of turning to God Almighty Himself...
The word of God say's He is the only one who can forgive the sins of men... Not priest...
And besides you rely on your master scholars "men 'not Christ" to lead your way-try asking the Lord yourselves He is the only Lord who will lead you to all truth. Jesus Christ is Lord...

You are a kid, else you should have known by nowJesus Christ Himself founded and commissioned the Catholic Church. He also gave his apostles (not everyone) the power to forgive or uphold sins. He also handed Peter the keys of heaven and promised the church that He will be with them untill the end of time.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:23am On Sep 26, 2016
Was Jesus their when your Church began? "NO'" Obvious you don't know the word of God, Peter said truly you are the Son of the living God, these words didn't come from Him, these words were spoken by God the Father through Peter, without any argument from Jesus..
And I unto you That you are Peter, and on this Rock
{which was the word of God he spoke} I will build My Church, and the Gates of Hell will not prevail against it,.
So what does the Romans do they built a building full of pagan beliefs, and what does Constantine do he mixed pagan religion which Christian beliefs..
God will not be mocked...
9inches:

You are a kid, else you should have known by nowJesus Christ Himself founded and commissioned the Catholic Church. He also gave his apostles (not everyone) the power to forgive or uphold sins. He also handed Peter the keys of heaven and promised the church that He will be with them untill the end of time.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 1:30am On Sep 26, 2016
How hard is it for someone to search the truth, since I became a Christian my own beliefs in Christ, was I always wanting to know the truth, and even in my own Church I studied to find even born again Christians are ripping God off, by their prosperity preaching, working against the Kingdom of God, and building a kingdom for themselves here on Earth. Which of course it is no different to the Purgatory lie..Teaching wrong doctrines, worshipping mammon more then God Himself. Another form of idol worship.
I watch our people dying everyday not knowing the word of God, not reading their bibles, not studying the word of any sort. Bitching and winching, about who's which Church will end up in Heaven before the end comes.
Men and women that claim their Church was the Church made by the Lord Himself, to be honest Jesus wouldn't dare to step inside most of these Churches today.
Why" we may ask, not even the Spirit of God enters into sin.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by 9inches(m): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
This kid sef. Christianity is not self-taught religion. It was instituted and commissioned by God Himself and handed over to [not all but] certain individuals to continue His teachings. Real Christianity is not self-taught, you must be "schooled" by those who have already been schooled. That is why Catholic teaching is thesame world over.

You are in this mess because Luther thought he was wiser and left the Catholic Church. Just like Adam and Eve, satan opened his eyes and he thought he knew better. Better go and learn, you are teaching yourself rubbish. And stop learning from people who do not have the credentials to interpret the bible which was not originally written in English.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
Maybe you recognise the kid in yourself, and because of your lack of knowledge about the bible, you only believe you are right while everyone is wrong. Another believer that only believes His/hers church will see heaven before everybody else..
This argument between these Churches needs to stop, the truth of the matter is we either follow the word of God and learn His way, and obey Him, all we can refuse to listen to Him and none of us will see His kingdom...

The problem is with these Churches today is people not God are changing His words unto their own words, lets look into the purgatory lie. Paying large amounts of cash, to take themselves out or others out of Hell.
The word says once you are in Hell no-one is set free. The bible teaches that only those who have asked Jesus to forgive their sins will go to heaven, and those who have not will go to Hell. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, No-one comes to the Father accept through Me..
He made it clear there is one way to get into heaven and combined with many other scriptures that says the same thing in different ways, this is accepted by most bible scholars. As he accurate answer to "what must I do to go to heaven" So what happens to those who don't want anything to do with Jesus and not asked him to forgive their sins? {In your case you ask a priest to forgive your sin}
According to the bible they go to Hell, what is most important to understand through, is that no-one will send you to Heaven or Hell. Where ever you end up will be the place where "you choose" to go" the reason for this is because you have a free will, the right you choose and no-one will force you to believe what you didn't want to. Not even God..
But only God knows when the day of judgement happens, Then I saw a great white throne, and Him who was seated on it- and I saw the dead great and small, standing before the throne,, and the books were opened, Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books, and each person was judge to what they had done. And everyone who was not found in the book of life, was thrown into the lake of fire.
So this purgatory lie, isn't the word of God, you can't buy your way out of Hell, God will judge as His word say's He will. And don't forget their are many Christians in Hell today, prosperity preaches, men and women who loved themselves and their idol's more then God. etc...Everyone will be judged on judgement day, and those who aren't written in the the books will end up in the lake of fire..
I suppose you know the bible like the back of your hand, and this is like child's play to you, And of course this isn't serious enough for your intellectual head knowledge.. And yet the bible was written to be simple minded..But of course you haven't worked that out yet?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 1:31am On Sep 28, 2016
brocab:
HEHEHE MAY GOD HELP U.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2016
May God help even more
Ubenedictus:
HEHEHE MAY GOD HELP U.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Emasearu(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Exempt for the hail mary prayer.....
'Holy Mary Pray for Us sinners now nd @ the hour of our Death'
Even the memorare-
'Remember O Most Blessed Virgin Mary, that is a thing unheard of, that anyone who impored your help was left forsaken, here i come, before thee I stand, a sinful nd sorrowful sinner, despite not my poor words O mother of the world incarnate'
All this things na Prayer na...
Jesus Christ Clearly said ' I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO ONE COMMET TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME' =This is the summary of this discussion QED!!

Nd ps..u don't need any mediator/ intersesor to connect to JESUS CHRIST.... But u need JESUS CHRIST to connect to the FATHER...
Tanks
Sir, don't you ever ask your mom to prayer for you?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Emasearu(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2016
brocab:
Heaven...
John 3:5- Jesus: "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirt, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." So I'm afraid we can't they would go to Heaven, but we can't say they'd go to Hell either since they weren't old enough to commit any sin or reject baptism. We can trust in God's mercy as to what would befall them.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Loveisthekey: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2016
Let us love one another even with our differences. If there's anyone who needs to advise his brethren; the Bible indulged us to do it in a spirit of meekness.

@ OP... This is my view about praying through Mary. I believe we all know that Jesus Christ is part of Godhead and Whom is forever living and not dead. Mary is dead awaiting resurrection... therefore praying through her is simply NECROMANCY and that God forbids. Kindly do the work today by praying right. Thanks and God bless
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Emasearu(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2016
brocab:
The bible teaches that only those who have asked Jesus to forgive their sins will go to heaven, and those who have not will go to Hell. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, No-one comes to the Father accept through Me..
He made it clear there is one way to get into heaven and combined with many other scriptures that says the same thing in different ways, this is accepted by most bible scholars. As he accurate answer to "what must I do to go to heaven" So what happens to those who don't want anything to do with Jesus and not asked him to forgive their sins? [color=#000099]{In your case you ask a priest to forgive your sin}

According to the bible they go to Hell, what is most important to understand through, is that no-one will send you to Heaven or Hell. Where ever you end up will be the place where "you choose" to go" the reason for this is because you have a free will, the right you choose and no-one will force you to believe what you didn't want to. Not even God..
But only God knows when the day of judgement happens, Then I saw a great white throne, and Him who was seated on it- and I saw the dead great and small, standing before the throne,, and the books were opened, Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books, and each person was judge to what they had done. And everyone who was not found in the book of life, was thrown into the lake of fire.
So this purgatory lie, isn't the word of God, you can't buy your way out of Hell, God will judge as His word say's He will. And don't forget their are many Christians in Hell today, prosperity preaches, men and women who loved themselves and their idol's more then God. etc...Everyone will be judged on judgement day, and those who aren't written in the the books will end up in the lake of fire..
I suppose you know the bible like the back of your hand, and this is like child's play to you, And of course this isn't serious enough for your intellectual head knowledge.. And yet the bible was written to be simple minded..But of course you haven't worked that out yet?

Brother, pls be patient. Christ's church is the custodian of the Bible. She'll teach you what U need to know.
John 20:21-23 shows how the Sacrament of Reconciliation was instituted by Jesus Himself . If you deny that validly-ordained priests can forgive sins, you deny the authority of Christ, or imply some other worse things. sad
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by GospelAkede: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2016
https://soundcloud.com/olaleye-oni/praise-gyration

You need to listen to this... click on the Link to download
This is the Latest from Akede the Latest from Akede the Anointed News Maker...
You can download it for free and share with other.... One Love

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
{John 20:21-23} is talking about men and women who have received the Holy spirit and if you forgive they are forgiven, have you not read {Matthew 18:21-22} How many times shall I forgive my Brother who sins against me? Up to seven times. Jesus answered and said I tell you not just seven times but seventy seven times. Because of this, the Kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with His servants.
So you see, Christ wrote this showing us that who ever belongs to Him has the power to forgive sins, that means I can forgive my brother and those against me all day long. In the name of Jesus. But if I am having trouble forgiving I pray to God for Jesus to strenghten me to forgive.
So not just your priest can forgive sins, in Christ, we all can forgive each other.

Emasearu:

Brother, pls be patient. Christ's church is the custodian of the Bible. She'll teach you what U need to know.
John 20:21-23 shows how the Sacrament of Reconciliation was instituted by Jesus Himself . If you deny that validly-ordained priests can forgive sins, you deny the authority of Christ, or imply some other worse things. sad
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Baby baptism is not a choice.
Emasearu:
John 3:5- Jesus: "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirt, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." So I'm afraid we can't they would go to Heaven, but we can't say they'd go to Hell either since they weren't old enough to commit any sin or reject baptism. We can trust in God's mercy as to what would befall them.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
brocab:
Hw many origin 4 u
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Jusmudi:

Hw many origin 4 u
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Emasearu(m): 6:03am On Mar 29, 2017
brocab:
{John 20:21-23} is talking about men and women who have received the Holy spirit and if you forgive they are forgiven, have you not read {Matthew 18:21-22} How many times shall I forgive my Brother who sins against me? Up to seven times. Jesus answered and said I tell you not just seven times but seventy seven times. Because of this, the Kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with His servants.
So you see, Christ wrote this showing us that who ever belongs to Him has the power to forgive sins, that means I can forgive my brother and those against me all day long. In the name of Jesus. But if I am having trouble forgiving I pray to God for Jesus to strenghten me to forgive.
So not just your priest can forgive sins, in Christ, we all can forgive each other.

Agreed, but if you read that passage from John carefully, you'll see that the forgiveness His disciples would offer was divine. It's wasn't just Peter saying to a sinner: "you told a lie against me, but I forgive you". It was Jesus telling them that people would go to them to confess their sins, and He was giving them to power forgive/retain them in His name . And they would also receive the peace that comes from Him through His disciples. Pls look at that passage again, and pray about it.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Emasearu(m): 6:22am On Mar 29, 2017
brocab:
{John 20:21-23} is talking about men and women who have received the Holy spirit and if you forgive they are forgiven, have you not read [color=#990000]{Matthew 18:21-22}
I am sorry, but I disagree with you. John was talking about "the disciples" of Jesus. That's the phrase used in my version. Note the use of the definite article. And that suggested to me that it was the Twelve, because I don't see how all of Jesus' disciples would fit in one room. In fact, they -- ten of the Twelve -- were the ones being referred to.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2017
Jusmudi:

Hw many origin 4 u
You guys are now judges over my immortal soul and have decleared me a non-christian even though the word of God, his Spirit and his church say that i am. Oya sit on ur judgement throne and judge me, it doesn't matter, on the last day we will know who is who, untill then u can condemn me with ur mouth.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 1:06am On Mar 31, 2017
Just reading what you had to say, I am starting to understand, when Jesus said many are called but few are chosen.
My walk with Christ had really made a large impact on my own personal life, nothing matters-if Christ isn't number one in my life, nothing is.
I am a sinner, and like everybody else I fail the best of times, but my goal is Jesus.
You are right no-one knows-your walk with Christ, that's between you and He, Jesus say's-Many will say to Me, did we not prophesy in your name, caste out demons, and healed the sick in your Name, Jesus said get away from Me, I never knew you.
This is quite scary, Many are called, but few are chosen, what kind of understanding is this, what does Jesus mean by this scripture?
These people are people who claim to know Jesus with their mouths, but their hearts are far from Him.
Meaning test yourselves, what path are we really on? Do we need to examining ourselves, "yes we do."
I am not a judge, and I am not bashing up the anointed, but, the many Christians that claim to be Christian, aren't.
Many of them have falling sort, believing in other beliefs, not the Word of God, anybody that draws away from the truth-teaching other doctrines, that doesn't line up with the Word of God, is walking on a different path away from Jesus Himself.
Test ourselves, which path are we walking on?
Ubenedictus:
You guys are now judges over my immortal soul and have decleared me a non-christian even though the word of God, his Spirit and his church say that i am. Oya sit on ur judgement throne and judge me, it doesn't matter, on the last day we will know who is who, untill then u can condemn me with ur mouth.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07am On Mar 31, 2017
After accusing me of not been a christian, u come back with your long epistle.

oga shift, u thought about me are your own after drawing ur presumptous conclusion u came back to write examine urself.

shift!
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2017
Uben you never say anything nice about anybody, other then those who attend the Catholic Church.
Christians in their right mind would examine themselves-which of course we should too, are you a true believer in Christ or do you believe in another doctrine?
We already know the answer to this question? So its no-good getting yourself upset over nothing, everybody knows the Catholic Church has another doctrine that doesn't line up with the Word of God..
You are Catholic Uben, again the Catholic Church separates themselves away from the world and everybody that lives in it..
Ubenedictus:
After accusing me of not been a christian, u come back with your long epistle.

oga shift, u thought about me are your own after drawing ur presumptous conclusion u came back to write examine urself.

shift!
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by brocab: 2:05am On Apr 01, 2017
You don't have to be sorry to me-but 10 out of 12? Don't be sorry just read the scriptures, it is His Word you have chosen to reject, not my own words.
I am only sharing as I see it in front of me, if you understand it, all not, it's between you and the Lord.
We all have had our times, not understanding any differences between the 12 disciples called apostles and the many thousands of disciples that aren't apostles today.
It was important for Jesus's to have chosen the 12 apostles, these 12 were to carry out Jesus ministry after His death, they were witnesses, they seen Jesus die and raise again.
Jesus gave these 12 the gifts of raising the dead and healing the sick, and of course preaching the truth to every nation-which of course started the Church.
Judas as we know it, failed Jesus, and hanged himself on a tree, which left 11 apostles.
{1 Corinthians 15:7-9} Jesus called Paul to be the 12th apostle. {True Apostles are called by Jesus Himself.}
And it was the apostles Jesus left with the gifts of raising the dead and healing the sick, and given the authority to caste out demons, in Jesus name, not everyone who claims to know the Lord can do such miracles today.
As it's written, not even John the Baptised had raised the dead caste out demons or healed the sick, and he to had disciples, who later became Jesus's apostles.
Who raises the dead in this day and age?
The disciples today, can and will forgive anybody who ask them, the Word of God say's we are all priest-not just some, we are all anointed, not just some. And Jesus say's if we forgive, we are forgiven.
Jesus said go out unto all the world making disciples of all, baptising them in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. This gift is for all that believe.
Emasearu:
I am sorry, but I disagree with you. John was talking about "the disciples" of Jesus. That's the phrase used in my version. Note the use of the definite article. And that suggested to me that it was the Twelve, because I don't see how all of Jesus' disciples would fit in one room. In fact, they -- ten of the Twelve -- were the ones being referred to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class / Oritsejafor At Celebration Of Life Of Falegan In Ekiti (Pics) / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.