Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games (1442 Views)

Amazing Video Games Endings You Should Watch / Top Video Games With Great Storyline / Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games by Chidexter(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
First Generation Video Game players have now become adult and carry their passion for games to adulthood.
Most times our Parents, Teachers and certain people worry about games having negative effects on children and a great deal has been written about games leading to violent behaviours and addiction.

However, all is not negative about gaming, studies by researchers and even hard core gamers have shown/proven that playing Games is an added plus to human activities

That's why i've decided to create a whole thread in other to buttress my points.

1. Games help children who are ill or have injuries
Absorption in a game, distracts the mind
from pain and discomfort, some hospitals in the U.S are encouraging children and others undergoing treatments to play games.
I hope Nigeria follows suit.

2.Playing Games Reduces Stress and Depression
Games have been known to aid in reducing stress in humans, especially action packed, football sims. or arcade games like (e.g
COD,Fifa, God of war, candy crush e.t.c.
There's always this relaxed feeling i get each time i pick up my game pad.

3.Games improve your vision and co-ordination.

In certain games being able to see/assimilate the tiniest of details could be the difference between going to the next level or repeating that stage a 100times over. Relate that to real life events, and you'll see where i'm heading.

In shooting games, the character may be running and shooting at the same time. This requires the real-world player to keep track of the position of the character, where he/she is heading, his speed, where the gun is aiming, if the gunfire is hitting the enemy, and so on. All these factors need to be taken into account, and then the player must then coordinate the brain's interpretation and reaction with the movement in his hands and fingertips. This process requires a great deal of eye-hand coordination and visual-spatial ability to be successful.

4.Playing Games help improve your decision making and manage your Resources

Learn from your Mistake, not run from it
What did i do the first time that i got wrong?
Why is this not working?.
In most games with little tutorials, you have to choose what works best for you. You'll face almost unsurmountable challenges all without any hints on what to do, evidence in the God Of War series.
This make you think wide on the next decision to take. Aside from that, players learns to manage resources that are limited, and decide the best use of resources, the same way as in real life. This skill is honed in strategy games such as SimCity, Age of Empires, and Railroad Tycoon. Do you know that SimCity has inspired a lot of its players to take a career in urban planning and architecture. Yeah, Being capable of building Virtual cities from the scratch sounds like a hell of fun

5.Games are also another form of education
Some would be pilots are urged to play flying games that simulates flight in planes/helicopters.
Puzzles can help kids develop their maths skills e.t.c.
You know how pictures have a long lasting impression on ones mind, thats exactly how games act albeit a tad better.

6.Helps you think Quickly and Efficiently

As a result of playing challenging games, one develops a never give up attitude which could translate into real life events. You take that your challenge as just another Ganondorf in Legend Of Zelda, or Poseidon in God of war 3

7. It helps you become more sociable
Is it by playing one on one with your friends at home? Like in Football matches, on Fifa or PES or by playing online with millions of other gamers around the world.
You could even go to a game center, and associate with your peers, as you all have common goals

8.Increases your intellect
Playing games aids in your ability to think of effective strategies in other to surpass a particular challenge, to a gamer, there are many clever ways to solve a particular problem. It also teaches one to follow instructions as failure to do so, could lead to more hours spent on a particular level

9.Playing Games keeps you Motivated
By setting specific tasks and allowing young people to work through obstacles to achieve those tasks, video games can help boost self-esteem and help children learn the value of persistence.

10. It is Fun!
Who wouldnt be happy to play with his friend on a game of Fifa, or to come back from work after a hectic day, to continue on that unfinished business of finding the Gorgon's eye on GOW . Its Pure Fun!.
BONUS You can Earn Money from it:

Many people have ventured into the lucrative business of setting up game centers around the world, With interests on games increasing steadily, its a businness venture with lots of profit.

The name KSI Olajide shouldnt be a surprise to hard core gamers, a Nigerian who currently resides in the U.S, earns Millions of dollars yearly for doing what? You might ask.
He earns that much just from playing games and uploading them online, along with making hilarious and Comical comments.

I'm a Game freak and i salute all Gamers around the Globe, but remember Too much of Everything(most times) is bad.

(Ehen!. Abeg Donate a Game console to me cheesy )

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games by Chidexter(m): 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
cao Here's a better article, i couldnt find time to write a lot earlier... Its more Nigerian...ish and written based on experience.
Please help me include paragraphs and the subtopics in bold cos i'm having a problem doing with my device
.Never mind, i've fixed it
Re: 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games by cao(f): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
I see you came back, I was just about to re-submit. **fingers crossed**

1 Like

Re: 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games by Chidexter(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
cao:
I see you came back, I was just about to re-submit. **fingers crossed**

Thanks.
Re: 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games by khalhokage(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nice write up.
Re: 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games by Chidexter(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2015
khalhokage:
Nice write up.

Thanks...
Seun , mkmyers45 ??

(1) (Reply)

New Devil May Cry 5 Trailer, Featuring Dante Gameplay / Download Major Mayhem Mod APK [latest] / GTA 6: Gameplay Videos Leaks Online In 90 Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.