Stats: 3,151,672 members, 7,813,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com (11418 Views)

5 Best Reasons Why You Should Change Your Domain Name Right Now! / Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Own A Website Starting From #10,000 (www.yourname.com) (2) (3) (4)

Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by damiloladuke: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Most Newbie bloggers, especially the ones on the blogger platform always tend to remain on the affiliate domain not realising the effect it has on their brand. Yes, been affiliated to the most utilized blogging platform is good. but you just have to have your own public image.

Most people don't consider blog owners as being serious. They consider them just trying to keep themselves busy online. Don't mind people like Anty Linda, that one has been blessed by God.

But as a newbie, it doesn't cost you anything from getting your own domain name. This makes you run your blog as a unique brand, as no one can ever has the same domain name as yours. And not only that, you get respected and taken serious by anyone you introduce your blog to.

Yes, you might not have the expertise to purchase a domain name talkless of transferring or redirecting your domain to your . but don't worry, there are experts all over the internet that can help you with that. I can even assist you in getting a very cheap domain with a very trusted company abroad, and also also help you transfer it to your .

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Ben1975(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2015
Hi damiloladuke

I totally agree with you

Too many newbies don't realize that it doesn't look good to be on a free blog domain people wont take them seriously, insisting that when they make some cash they will upgrade.
The things is though too many newbies are not serious enough about their blogging objectives anyway. They don't want to treat their blog like a business just like a part time hobby. But if you want to treat your blog like a part time hobby then they cannot be disappointed when they get part time hobby money from that blog (or less).

Ben Ajose

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by lillaowow(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lindaikeji..com always makes me laugh.

with all the money, she can't seem to get off .

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by KINGTELLER: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
I agree to disagree.... Land for Sale ooo..

. No Omonile hassle

. Genuine C of O...

. Location: Nairaland

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by NowLetUsBegin: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
It seems anything will just make FP today!! It is alright

And yes #DareArtAlade's New Singles

DARE ART ALADE'S #PrayForMe:: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24136

Dare Art Alade ft Olamide #AsikoLaiye:: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24135

Now Enjoy!!

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Franchise21(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
I see
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Warlord3000(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Actually quite true..

Just hope some N500 guy won't come here making a mess of the thread cos of his "new discovery" cheesy
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Mathewa(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok.... Bloggers ar here
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by amobyk29: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okay

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by WhiZTiM(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by butanep(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bloggers everywhere doing copy and paste work...

What I find in blog A, will still see it in blog B and C...

This copy and past system should change a little... they should try to be a little original...
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by tinuolababy(f): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okay
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by docphresh(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
I actually started on blogger. . Now check out my new look! Pls tell me what you think. www.afrikanfacts.com

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by free2ryhme: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiloladuke:
Most Newbie bloggers, especially the ones on the blogger platform always tend to remain on the affiliate domain not realising the effect it has on their brand. Yes, been affiliated to the most utilized blogging platform is good. but you just have to have your own public image.

Most people don't consider blog owners as being serious. They consider them just trying to keep themselves busy online. Don't mind people like Anty Linda, that one has been blessed by God.

But as a newbie, it doesn't cost you anything from getting your own domain name. This makes you run your blog as a unique brand, as no one can ever has the same domain name as yours. And not only that, you get respected and taken serious by anyone you introduce your blog to.

Yes, you might not have the expertise to purchase a domain name talkless of transferring or redirecting your domain to your . but don't worry, there are experts all over the internet that can help you with that. I can even assist you in getting a very cheap domain with a very trusted company abroad, and also also help you transfer it to your .

Guy na rubbish u just post here

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okay
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by free2ryhme: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiloladuke:

Sell your market no spoil other people own

.com is free cheap and you are sure of not hosting issues night or day
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by bastien: 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok........people wey don make am pass una and still dey make am dey use una dey advise us make we change..... .

Change at your own risk
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by timilehing(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nigerian government really needs to create employment opportunities for its youth, na everybody just dey yarn thrash recently

Otu ocha
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by NaijaEarnOnline: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
ok, you have made your point,

Oya register on my site that has a domain name

www.naijaearnonline.com

First 10 registered users will get .......

just register first
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by bastien: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ben1975:
Hi damiloladuke

I totally agree with you

Too many newbies don't realize that it doesn't look good to be on a free blog domain people wont take them seriously, insisting that when they make some cash they will upgrade.
The things is though too many newbies are not serious enough about their blogging objectives anyway. They don't want to treat their blog like a business just like a part time hobby. But if you want to treat your blog like a part time hobby then they cannot be disappointed when they get part time hobby money from that blog (or less).

Ben Ajose
blogging get two options "business" or "fun" only naija na I know say na business..... Americans just dey do am for fun, and to share stories smh for naija
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Tolzeal(m): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
[b]Yes, I always tell Upcoming who seeks advice from me.

To always and always willing to Have their Custom Domain name.

There are so many oppurnities you get when you have your personal domain name.[b]

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by akinlex(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
BlEep
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Tolzeal(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
bastien:
blogging get two options "business" or "fun" only naija na I know say na business..... Americans just dey do am for fun, and to share stories smh for naija

Yes, You right.
If Oyinbos can do theirs the way they want ..what should be stopping us from monetizing it ??
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by winodey(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
Why we reject Zakari as acting INEC Chair' - PDP...says electoral body has been stripped of its Independence
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by AAinEqGuinea: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Quality of the site's information is far more important. I laugh when I see sites that put too much effort on design and presentation when most visitors never return after their first visit. If your site slows down my iPad 3 I'll never return. If your site is overran by poorly placed ads I'll never return. If your site redirects me to an App install page I'll likely never return. I'm sure someone has copied the information somewhere else on a cleaner site if I care to look into the content you tried to host.

sure, [alias]..Com looks like a cheaper brand than [yourname].Com but most importantly let your name speak for itself

NowLetUsBegin:
It seems anything will just make FP today!! It is alright

And yes #DareArtAlade's New Singles

DARE ART ALADE'S #PrayForMe:: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24136

Dare Art Alade ft Olamide #AsikoLaiye:: https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24135

Now Enjoy!!

Nice.

Take this site/plug for example. I get nice unique music download for my visit, so I'd gladly interface with their ads. This is my preference, but I'd highly recommend that you somehow thank your visitors for their visit (in this case music, but your gift could simply be quality information), dont make it all about you, your .com, needless graphics, and your ads.

Nairaland's another great case study of a site that is well designed and implemented with users in mind, not themselves or ads.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Tolzeal(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
free2ryhme:

Sell your market no spoil other people own

.com is free cheap and you are sure of not hosting issues night or day

When someone fail to understand what the OP is saying grin
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by peteruuu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiloladuke:

Confirm !!
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by iykepromotions: 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
you're right i do prefer to do business with a dot com website to site. several people still using .com don't know that to change it to dot com is quite easy and inexpensive. all you need to do is to buy a domain name for as low as N400 yes with a promo code you can buy a domain name for that amount. after buying it you now point it to your through some configurations. by doing these people will take you more serious online and that means more money for you. you can equally resell that domain name or website in future if you're no more interested in forum or blogging
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by hasmuz(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
Just here to learn

Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? / Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again?