Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,851 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com (11421 Views)

5 Best Reasons Why You Should Change Your Domain Name Right Now! / Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Own A Website Starting From #10,000 (www.yourname.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by generaluthman: 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wow!!!
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by IbroYaya: 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
docphresh:
I actually started on blogger. . Now check out my new look! Pls tell me what you think. www.afrikanfacts.com
Your site is excellent. Better than Nairaland undecided
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Panshow(m): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
Great piece of work.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by docphresh(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
IbroYaya:

Your site is excellent. Better than Nairaland undecided
hahahahahahahahahahahaha thanks. But nairaland na still father of all ooh
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by jayebros01(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
iykepromotions:
you're right i do prefer to do business with a dot com website to site. several people still using .com don't know that to change it to dot com is quite easy and inexpensive. all you need to do is to buy a domain name for as low as N400 yes with a promo code you can buy a domain name for that amount. after buying it you now point it to your through some configurations. by doing these people will take you more serious online and that means more money for you. you can equally resell that domain name or website in future if you're no more interested in forum or blogging

Ur whatsapp number or pin pls..
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Aiziq: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
plsss i need a professional design on my blog any one on dis line shud contact me pls call n whats app 08137362126
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by absoluteSuccess: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
KINGTELLER:
I agree to disagree.... Land for Sale ooo..

. No Omonile hassle

. Genuine C of O...

. Location: Nairaland

How much do you want to sell this plot?
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by winodey(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Charly Boy shares new colourful photos
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by KINGTELLER: 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
How much do you want to sell this plot?

1 plot naa $ 5,000 but two can share.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by AAinEqGuinea: 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
kingkoboko:
Havin a custom domain name is d best. E.g LindaIkeji.mobi

Meanwhile, read d full story about d legendary INDIA VS NIGERIA match here: www.IndiaVsNigeria.com

I'm trying to buy your rendition of the India v Nigeria fable now grin grin it's not working

In the meantime I've looked over the enriching freebies you offer... Lol grin

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by john650(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
lillaowow:
Lindaikeji..com always makes me laugh.

with all the money, she can't seem to get off .

Have you ever heard "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
It has worked so well for her, why risk tampering with something that has made her so rich.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by absoluteSuccess: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
KINGTELLER:

1 plot naa $ 5,000 but two can share.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The price seems to be too bogus sir, in all seriousness. This is my 20th years in business and I know ace plot when I see one. No one will take you serious on your price. Mail me if you will consider 50% reduction and see what I can do.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by drmaxayuba(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
pls i need a cheap domain name for my blog www.drmaxs..com i use a .TK domain but its not gaining trafic www.applygist.tk so friends any body who can help me get a very cheap .COM domain name i would be happy 08169561788

IN MY BLOG YOU CAN FIND GIST ON LATEST ONLINE OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPETITIONS WHICH WILL EARN YOU CASH, FREE TRIPS ABROD, AND CAMPUS AMBASSADOR OPPORTUNITIES VIEW MY BLOG http://drmaxs..com

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by pelij18(m): 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
lillaowow:

if you were she, i swear you wouldn't mind remaining on for eternity grin

I mean no insolence please.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by drmaxayuba(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2015

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
drmaxayuba:
Not Competing
how old is your blog?

Mine is about 3 days of about 3 hours.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by bizfirst: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiloladuke:
Most Newbie bloggers, especially the ones on the blogger platform always tend to remain on the affiliate domain not realising the effect it has on their brand. Yes, been affiliated to the most utilized blogging platform is good. but you just have to have your own public image.

Most people don't consider blog owners as being serious. They consider them just trying to keep themselves busy online. Don't mind people like Anty Linda, that one has been blessed by God.

But as a newbie, it doesn't cost you anything from getting your own domain name. This makes you run your blog as a unique brand, as no one can ever has the same domain name as yours. And not only that, you get respected and taken serious by anyone you introduce your blog to.

Yes, you might not have the expertise to purchase a domain name talkless of transferring or redirecting your domain to your . but don't worry, there are experts all over the internet that can help you with that. I can even assist you in getting a very cheap domain with a very trusted company abroad, and also also help you transfer it to your .

So true!

I cannot remember the numerous turn downs I have made . and .WordPress owners face...In my estimation, if someone cannot buy a domain name that cost $1.99, why should I take him or her serious, especially as relates to online issues?

Its common sense. Really.
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by KINGTELLER: 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
The price seems to be too bogus sir, in all seriousness. This is my 20th years in business and I know ace plot when I see one. No one will take you serious on your price. Mail me if you will consider 50% reduction and see what I can do.

Haha... I bought the land from Seun Osewa at $6000 so u see... I am treating u well with the price
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by OCTAVO: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
damiloladuke:
Most Newbie bloggers, especially the ones on the blogger platform always tend to remain on the affiliate domain not realising the effect it has on their brand. Yes, been affiliated to the most utilized blogging platform is good. but you just have to have your own public image.

Most people don't consider blog owners as being serious. They consider them just trying to keep themselves busy online. Don't mind people like Anty Linda, that one has been blessed by God.

But as a newbie, it doesn't cost you anything from getting your own domain name. This makes you run your blog as a unique brand, as no one can ever has the same domain name as yours. And not only that, you get respected and taken serious by anyone you introduce your blog to.

Yes, you might not have the expertise to purchase a domain name talkless of transferring or redirecting your domain to your . but don't worry, there are experts all over the internet that can help you with that. I can even assist you in getting a very cheap domain with a very trusted company abroad, and also also help you transfer it to your .

So, how much will it cost?
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by bastien: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Tolzeal:

Yes, You right.
If Oyinbos can do theirs the way they want ..what should be stopping us from monetizing it ??

nothing o,me na for fun o,I no dey beg Google for anything
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by iykepromotions: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
jayebros01:

Ur whatsapp number or pin pls..
contact me via www.julanky.com
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by chuzzyofficial(m): 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
Just got mine on godaddy for $1.99 per annum... Thanks to Donvin's Video tutorial.
http://www.chuzzyblog.com
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by romoruyi(m): 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is a non-sense post. Blogging has notin to do wit domain, this is the case with linda ikeji.

Linda ikeji is success becos wen she started blogging most of us here were sleeping and the same goes for nairaland owner too.

Blogging is about unique content, seo and submission to search engine. Just start on time and work hard to make it great and unique and over the years it will pay off. Linda Ikeji can not change domain because she has be crawled and indexed by top search engine. Changing wud affect everytin becos by now she must have over thousands of content which is highly ranked. While most of u just blog for 6 months and stop. Blogging shud be continous and unique.

Today bloggers r people looking for shortcuts and money with no passion and anytin upstairs to blog abt.

While most of u read this trash; just remember hardworking bloggers r making money now with out domain or shit.

Goodluck hahahhahaha

lillaowow:

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by romoruyi(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is a non-sense post. Blogging has notin to do wit domain, this is the case with linda ikeji.

Linda ikeji is success becos wen she started blogging most of us here were sleeping and the same goes for nairaland owner too.

Blogging is about unique content, seo and submission to search engine. Just start on time and work hard to make it great and unique and over the years it will pay off. Linda Ikeji can not change domain because she has be crawled and indexed by top search engine. Changing wud affect everytin becos by now she must have over thousands of content which is highly ranked. While most of u just blog for 6 months and stop. Blogging shud be continous and unique.

Today bloggers r people looking for shortcuts and money with no passion and anytin upstairs to blog abt.

While most of u read this trash; just remember hardworking bloggers r making money now with out domain or shit.

Goodluck hahahhahaha

lillaowow:

Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by funmo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
butanep:
Bloggers everywhere doing copy and past work...

What I find in blog A, will still see it in blog B and C...

This copy and past system should change a little... they should try to be a little original...

you Don vex? ah ah!

my blog sharpijebuboy.com is more than a little original

thou art just a click away sir
Re: Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
lillaowow:

Have you seen her site lately? The ads are so many and overwhelming that it almost gave me a headache embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? / Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.