Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) (45685 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / ‘new NITEL’ Targets 50m 4G Subscribers / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Edunwa302(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2015
Not too old nah, I use dis till late 2004 before gsm killed it
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by ofisa247(m): 8:39am On Jul 08, 2015
Funny. Back then (2004), we had the digital version of the land phone. While coming from school, we would write down every phone number on sign posts, books etc., then call the hell out of Them.
Lord have mercy smiley We even called our principal times without number, forming Bado for the old man.
#ofisa

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by majamajic(m): 9:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Put this card in the freezer it will add up grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by darmys(f): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2015
iamauxin:
I don't know that bro, but if you know it and you don't have a house of your own now and at least two cars I will still shake you with just one hand..

i know eeet embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Gboliwe: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Going by this picture, I am a grand mother because I saw and used it very very well. Boarding school thingz
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by igbsam(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
NITEL we use their cables to spread cloth at the back of our backyard now

Lol...........

we use ours to tap light from far away iyana ipaja to oke odo. chai.....my popsy was a genius then. we d ligh for like 1yr plus before dem begin pack their wires. everywhere in oke odo wud be dark, but our compound is always lite cos iyana ipaja usually have ligh like 24/7

I put this card inside freezer tire, the thing no dey work.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by hermesprogidy(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2015
lol I used this card well, especially in final year. Could remember trying to rig the card to stop reading while making calls. Thank God for GSM grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by encryptjay(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2015
olayoungz:

Lolz, Encrypted... Surprised though. Last used it 2004 before Nitel was privatised when my popsman was still a NITEL staff.
Hehehe...
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by braimeddy: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2015
lol.......I still remembered a friend of mine telling me that once u put d card in a freezer for it to block, the unit won't run if u re making calls. Na so I kon mumu go put my own for inside fridge o, wen I noticed it's blocked I quickly rush to a polling box to try d experiment. B4 I even say "hello" nitel don chop 20 units....lol grin

5 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by tuoyoojo(m): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2015
there was this myth then that if u put d card inside the fridge , the rate at which it would be reading would be slow

then wen we had to queue in fone booths.

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Frankiss44(m): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2015
idolda:
Never even seen it before

Shake the OP with two hands and make sure you prostrate always before you quote himm grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by tolexy007(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2015
idolda:
Never even seen it before
den leave diz tread now for elders

3 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by adadadon(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
Or better still did you use it back then when NITEL was operating fully?
used it and am barely 20 years so?
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by bukson2(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
acenazt:
I know Nitel but mehn dat tym we no get telephone for house so we no dey buy card. And I just got wind thats it was for the phone booths

U don't knw NITEL joor.. Na this card then they use to make call in phone booths unit centre
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Frankiss44(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
braimeddy:
lol.......I still remembered a friend of mine telling me that once u put d card in a freezer for it to block, the unit won't run if u re making calls. Na so I kon mumu go put my own for inside fridge o, wen I noticed it's blocked I quickly rush to a polling box to try d experiment. B4 I even say "hello" nitel don chop 20 units....lol grin

Bros nor be today your mumu start ... 7 gbosas for you. You be veteran for the mumu game cheesy grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by HRich(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
Lola 😎 now that I have used it 2002 we are mate NSW abi 😪
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by chiben22: 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
old things are pass away

visit www*solutionzone*heck*in for educational updates , post utme exams , scholarship exam , post graduate exam etc.

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Lousymouth(m): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
I remember those day at Obalende.. St. Gregory's College Gate.. We go queue to make calls with this card...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Abduletudaye(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Chai!! Nitel cards!!!! cheesy...
I remember papa would hide it from the kids...hehehe..
The mischievious ones!
grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by saintjoel4: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:

I USED TO CALL MY PARENTS WITH IT DURING MY DIPLOMA DAYS IN OOU AROUND 1997,EVEN.USED IT AS A KEY HOLDER AND THE SWAG THEN WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Israel5(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Saw it. Nevr used it except as key holder

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Abduletudaye(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2015
Lousymouth:
I remember those day at Obalende.. St. Gregory's College Gate.. We go queue to make calls with this card...

Nice one...there was one on gerrard road ikoyi then...hehehe...no one really used it.

And nitel had an official house on that same gerrard road ikoyi...oboi..see flexing...
cheesy
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by misspicy(f): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2015
I know that card wella.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by tok2sob: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2015
This remind me of when I use to think placing my call card in a freezer will increase the unit

2 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by nerdfrost(m): 11:54am On Jul 08, 2015
had this at home,I threw it away so years back
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by kennydee05(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2015
I remember when I used to use my Dad's own as key holder
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Floyd45(m): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Sigh! I remember when will would tie it up with sellotape and put it in the freezer so u could get extra unit. Ignorance was bliss!! Lol
Or the people who would be standing on the queue begging pls spare me some units..

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by atilla(m): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2015
We used to use this card 1994 to call my sister who just moved to England. We used to go to the Nigel office at Falomo and queue up on long line with mumc. One of us would be checking d units and certain amount goes goes we would end the call so we still have credit to call another day.

Those days some guys would tap into Nigel line on the road and stand shouting call international.
That way if u use them it would be much much cheaper than using Nitel.

Kai things don change.
Our digital number then 01 2694196
Our old old analogue no 8908297
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Lordave: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
ONE still dey inside my uncle coat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android / 3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015 / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.