Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) (45691 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / ‘new NITEL’ Targets 50m 4G Subscribers / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by akankemi1(f): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
I used dis card in till 2004.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by naptu2: 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
We initially had Nitel coin boxes (from the mid-1980s), but criminals often raided the phone booths to steal the coins that were in them. Coins also lost value in the 1990s, so Nitel decided to introduce these cards. They were a more secure and sustainable means of payment.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by SirEzzy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
U re still a small boy....ooooo 10 years person no of it.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by ruffDiamond: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
grin grin yeah right here in fct, in area 2,the old telephone booth used with the card is still there as I write ,a couple of my guy hustled with am ..e no easy in fact, no love in da city grin grin hustle or die

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Justicealh3(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Destroy.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by murraykc(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
I been use am do keyholder for Secondary School. I no be small ChildreN
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Melahou(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
BasseyJ:
I used it jor and I'm not that old,

Or am i?

you should be more than 30yrs then
mehhh u re old oh
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Jonnyseg(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lolz! I use am wella
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Lousymouth(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Nice one...there was one on gerrard road ikoyi then...hehehe...no one really used it.

And nitel had an official house on that same gerrard road ikoyi...oboi..see flexing...
cheesy

Yes I know that one too... I think No 40 Gerrad Road (NITEL HOUSE)... Thatz d house the Trybesmen stayed then.... Men those days you gatz be a Bigboy to use dem NITEL phone...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Emperorone(m): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
All national trunks are busy, try again later grin

3 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by stag: 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
This thing chop my pocket money like crazy 1998-1999 angry

Thank God GSM rescued us eventually!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
Or better still did you use it back then when NITEL was operating fully?

Den suppose prostate a d kneel to greet us naa. I remember those days queuing up to hire the card at N50/unit. Chai...

Person don old sha

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Desyree: 12:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
lol!!!! i remember. i was in primary school then. 100 units, 400 units
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by speakerraw(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
timilehing:
That's what boys dey use maintain then before yahoo yahoo con take over

When your unit is below 5, just wrap ur card in nylon & freeze it (in freezer oo) a little, u'll have more than 10units next time you insert it.

Naija ppl don dey outsmart network providers since independence

o boy, u no be today man. Just discovered one of those from my old file recently. Memories!
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by manyus(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:

Correct,Infact I still have mine in my old wallet.It brings me memories of those period.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Abduletudaye(m): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lousymouth:

Yes I know that one too... I think No 40 Gerrad Road (NITEL HOUSE)... Thatz d house the Trybesmen stayed then.... Men those days you gatz be a Bigboy to use dem NITEL phone...

Wow...Trybemen? smiley Nice one...never knew that..cool..
Lol

I lived at No 13 gerrard then...big boy?? Nah...that was my Dads official house then grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by fyna: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
When I use to walk 1km to go use it tost my babe in thè phone boot then
Aikon:
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Madu100t(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
wow even the last unit I bought that I couldn't finish before they pack is still safe in my box
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by joanana(f): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:

I used it , many years ago. if you are using it you need to be fast and straight to the point. Eg "Good evening dad ( Miss You so Much cry cry cry cry cry cry cry,) Please i need money . kindly send it to my intercontinental bank account. Thank you. Have a nice day." Before i can get my dad on the phone , the switch board will answer my call and i have to wait for each instruction before click the ext number embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed those days ... it was fun. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Ninilowo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chei! I don dey old oooo. I use this thin tire for that Diya estate. NITEL Ota nko? Na me. Well, Oluwa seun nooni sha.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Maximus85(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
When the unit don finish, we go put am inside freezer believing say e go reset the units

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
tchidi:
That time ehn, na sunday we de go make call!! Queue for there de pass BVN own. angry undecided
You can lie enh. cheesy tongue
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by kayspax(m): 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
we keep it in the freezer to reload credit automatically n reuse grin grin grin grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by hansad: 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Yeah, people from the SW ran NITEL then, in the 1980s, shortly after the civil war.

NITEL went under, irresponsible and thieving management killed NITEL, killed its landline and mobile lines.
Sophisticated SW. Yea.........h.

Today, the countries that invented mobile phones can hardly do without landline phones.

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Donjowebs(m): 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
D Op you no be today meat oooooo..
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by adeoluakin: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:

Chai! Back in the days.

Now where is the same NITEL
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by hibbayueei(m): 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by eminenta: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
acenazt:
I know Nitel but mehn dat tym we no get telephone for house so we no dey buy card. And I just got wind thats it was for the phone booths

Olodo u dnt nid ah telefone b4 u cud use d card by the way the card was 4 phone boot-user(people with no telephone)
I last so dat card in 2002
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by azimibraun: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
my own last one still dey house sef... do u guys remember when it was rumoured that if you put it in the fridge the credit will never run out? naija do tey for fake news.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by poca4real(m): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Gone are the days !People will line up as they want to withdraw money from ATM machine at Nitel office.when you call UK then,they will debit you with 55 unit,for like a minute before the rest start going down.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
timilehing:
That's what boys dey use maintain then before yahoo yahoo con take over

When your unit is below 5, just wrap ur card in nylon & freeze it (in freezer oo) a little, u'll have more than 10units next time you insert it.

Naija ppl don dey outsmart network providers since independence

That shyte was a big hoax! IT NEVER WORKED!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015 / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.