Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) (45689 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / ‘new NITEL’ Targets 50m 4G Subscribers / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by GentleFrank(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wow, if it's real then, Kudos to our technologists!!!
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by esecoal(m): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
this OP done old
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
Or better still did you use it back then when NITEL was operating fully?
Are u sure u know how to use it? what is the function of P4 in the nitel phone then?
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Lousymouth(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Wow...Trybemen? smiley Nice one...never knew that..cool..
Lol

I lived at No 13 gerrard then...big boy?? Nah...that was my Dads official house then grin

Lived at 32 Gerrard then... Your Dad's official house abi Government house that Obasanjo later offloaded to his friends... Thank God for Progress sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Abduletudaye(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lousymouth:

Lived at 32 Gerrard then... Your Dad's official house abi Government house that Obasanjo later offloaded to his friends... Thank God for Progress sha...

You sef na big boy nagrin

Well well, its was an official crib for NPA but i guess its sold out now or something
wink
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Chromedome(m): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
I remember the phone booth at the state Library, Calabar, during my Unical days in the early 2ks. Ah! The memories - my first main relationship started with the last 150 units on the card.

Pity we didn't end up together...
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Lousymouth(m): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Abduletudaye:

You sef na big boy nagrin

Well well, its was an official crib for NPA but i guess its sold out now or something
wink

Big Boy? I stay in a Company's House when my mum was relieved omo na so them pack our loads out ooo... Thank God for Progress my brother.... Make we no derail this thread abeg...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
used it last in 2003...
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
Two 100 units every semester a must from my dad.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by oliver003: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
As at 2005/2006 I used it.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by jydo306: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oboy. ...I don old small o
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by skihacker(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
Glad i know this card. Is there a museum where old items like this are being put on display for informative purposes to the younger ones to show nigeria's growth through specific periods?
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Emylas(m): 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
I dnt think i av seen it b4
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by omodapson(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
There was this myth that if you freeze the card in a refrigerator, it will increase the call credit on it. Naija sha. cheesy
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by pragmatistm(m): 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
We used that at NITEL phone booths when there was only NITEL nationwide. Ha! those good old days when we will queue up to use the phone and you will pay someone to use his card at the booth.

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
I even put am inside freezer self to make it reusable... I no come know maybe the logic dey work or na just unit remain for the card
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by ModiKen(m): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
tchidi:
That time ehn, na sunday we de go make call!! Queue for there de pass BVN own. angry undecided

No b jus say u dey use ear here of Nitel or u manage see d card wen u small, u dey even go Nitel office go mak call.

Babe....u are very far from the indomie generation. grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Abduletudaye(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lousymouth:

Big Boy? I stay in a Company's House when my mum was relieved omo na so them pack our loads out ooo... Thank God for Progress my brother.... Make we no derail this thread abeg...

Thank God...abi...e go better. wink
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Lanceslot(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by henboy01(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
How I go 4get dis card,memories of how I followed my mum to nitel @512 in festac then to call my uncel in Germany. Azubike oliseh was a regular on d line with their mum waiting in sunday's green mercedes 4 him to return from training. When it finally connects after a long wait, azubike will shout with his red lips "Mama! Mama! Sunday don pick. How time flies lol
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
ModiKen:

No b jus say u dey use ear here of Nitel or u manage see d card wen u small, u dey even go Nitel office go mak call.

Babe....u are very far from the indomie generation. grin

I was small then, and I de follow my mama/papa go there. Besides since na sunday, we just stop by after service.

But YES! Ayam not ya mate!! angry tongue grin
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by henboy01(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
tchidi:

I was small then, and I de follow my mama/papa go there. Besides since na sunday, we just stop by after service.

Tchidi oya prove u saw it....what's the image on the back side? tongue
tchidi:

The thought on Tchidi's mind"Even ICAN self no go ask this kind question" #winks
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
henboy01:

Tchidi oya prove u saw it....what's the image on the back side? The thought on Tchidi mind"Even ICAN self no go ask this kind question" #winks

shocked. Dude, I no sabi o!! It haf Tey na! I can't even remember what the old 10 naira looks like sef, before we talk of this one! grin lipsrsealed
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by henboy01(m): 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
tchidi:

shocked. Dude, I no sabi o!! It haf Tey na! I can't even remember what the old 10 naira looks like sef, before we talk of this one! grin lipsrsealed

Lol...its was a picture of NITEL's head office with cars packed under a friut tree(ebelebo) and some people walking pass.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
henboy01:

Lol...its was a picture of NITEL's head office with cars packed under a friut tree(ebelebo) and some people walking pass.

Hehe!! Today, tomorrow, I'd never have guessed. grin grin
You have old and pass me o!! shocked
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by BY1434(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
Many Kids in nairaland
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by jackal001: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
And they used to tell that if we put it in a very cold freezer that the units used will automatically come back and you can use it again over and over. I never tried it but needless to say it was all a fluke
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by urchmanx(m): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
I never forget another trick that if you put the card half way. The units will not court but u have to be an expert to do that. I remember using this card to call my poople in U.S. Then because my mom never allowed us to use the landline and person needs his personal parole.
It seems today is remembrance of oldie days.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by acenazt: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
bukson2:

U don't knw NITEL joor.. Na this card then they use to make call in phone booths unit centre
see this guy fa. i didn't knoe what d card was for thats true but saying I didn't know Nitel is far out of context.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Jok3r(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Aikon:

yes I did and ah used it
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by bunmixtra(f): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
I used this card like mad. Used for intl calls too esp in nitel office fone booth. I remember using 2units in d card durin ma skul days to flash my mum so that she wud call me bk very early in d mornin wen no one was dere.

Who also put this same card in d freezer and gt her credits increased to like 5units?
Sweet ol days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015 / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.