Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly (31009 Views)

How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by onismate: 5:13am On Jul 08, 2015
It was a happy mood for me when I got the text message. At least my friends won’t get to say that evil forces are following me from the village. I had been a frustrated job hunter, no thanks to the Nigerian Government. After posting us to Zamfara for NYSC. Service year over, getting a job became a problem. I sleep and wake up on job portals. The one wey dey pain me pass be say, I don’t get pass second stage of the recruitment process of the job offers. It looked as something was wrong with my results, or maybe each time I apply, after CV submission, I would hear that they called others but they will not call me.

This particular job got me so happy when I saw the text message sent to me by the company I applied for as a financial officer and consultant. They invited me for an oral interview which I guess was the last stage of the recruitment. I heard from a reliable source that the company only wanted 4 people for the positions would be inviting only 5 people who made it to that stage for the interview. I saw the text on my phone. I read it again and again and again with excitement. It looked as if the evil forces had lifted off their strong hold on me. I made it to the 3rd stage which is the final stage of the interview which was scheduled to hold the next 3 days.

After reading the text message, I jumped off from my bed, brought out my Acube shoe I had been wearing for over 6 years (Poverty na disease, I never fit change the shoe since I buy am). The bottom of the shoe was fast wearing out while the body was gradually pilling. I don’t blame it. I have over used it and I swear, if the shoe was to come into this world again, he won’t allow someone like me to buy it. It would consider me a terrorist, that I tortured. The shoe sef dey beg me make I throway am. My first salary, once I collect it, I will buy a new show. I took it to the shoe maker in my street to further maybe damage or repair it while I ironed the clothe I would use for the interview.

The day of the interview came, no food at home. I woke up as early as 4am browsing online, getting to know about the company that would be interviewing me. I searched more information about them and some likely interview questions. I took my bath around 6:30am. one strange hunger begin catch me. I had only N200 on me which would take me to my destination. I didn’t want to spend it. But wetin I go come chop! I didn’t want what happened the last time to repeat itself. Where I went to Enugu for a recruitment exercise, I got stranded and hunger nearly killed me. I turned to a street beggar just to raise money to buy N150 food. My transportation back home was tedious. I had to follow a big Tipa that packs sand. They were moving from Enugu to Port harcort. I joined them for a free ride. We spent 8 hours on road just to get to Port Harcourt. A journey that supposed to take 2 hours.

I went to my neighbor and requested for a cup of garri and sugar. She graciously gave to me. After loading my stomach with garri, I dressed up, anointed my head. I prayed so well that day with a massive speaking in tongues. All I just needed was a favour from God.

I left my home in high spirit still blasting in tongues. The Taxi car I entered, if not for the way I dressed, the driver and other passengers would have pushed me out, thinking I had gone insane. As I got down to the junction leading to the company, my pastor called me on phone. I had called him earlier to tell him of the interview. So if he had been eating since that week, he should stop and start fasting and praying for me. Once I get that job, I will change his wardrobe so he won’t be wearing the same clothes every Sunday.

I picked up the phone and we talked. I asked if he was still fasting and praying for me. he said he is. He also prayed for me and told me to be nice to people I see. And he finally dropped the call.

As I moved into the entrance of the street of the company, I was approaching the gradually when I saw a woman struggling to start her car. The car developed some fault and a flat tyre. The car seems to me a brand new car. Very clean. Well I just ignored and walked je-jely on my own. Not until I heard “ helloooo, uncle please can you help me out.” I turned back, apparently she was talking to me. “Now when I don dey reach were I wan do my interview,” I thought to myself. But I thought about it for once. My pastor had advised me to do good this period of time. I should sow seeds in people’s lives. Thi might be a perfect opportunity. But another thought came into my mind. Telling me that I should just tell the human that I have an urgent interview to attend to.

I came closer to where the woman was, noticing really that she has a flat tyre in which she brought out another spare tyre to change. I opened my mouth wanting to tell her that I could have helped her but due to the urgent matter I have to attend to that morning, I can’t help. As I want to talk, something in me said that the woman may be one of the workers in the company I am going for an interview. She may even be part of the team to interview me. As the thought just came into my mind, I bought it. I began to reason it while I remembered some few stories of encounters of guys who said they were heading for an interview, they saw a man which his car had a flat tyre. They were patient enough to help out. Fortunately after helping, the man left while they took a cab to the place of the interview. On getting there, it happened that the man they helped was part of the share owners in the company and was part of the team to interview them. He just gave them a waver and automatic employment.

As I remembered the story and some other stories similar to it that I have read. I came closer again and told the woman that I had an urgent matter to attend to but would help out. Looking at the woman, she dressed so cooperate. I felt she would be working in the company I was going for the interview

Time was running and the instructions was that the interview will start by 8am. I was patient and helped the woman with her car, replaced the flat tyre with the spare one she had. The time was still running. After everything, the car started. She brought out water from her car and gave to me to wash my hands. She asked me where I was going, I told her the company and she didn’t say anything. She brought out a one bottle of bobo and N10 biscuit from her pulse and gave to me as if I was a kid. She said she bought it for her kid but she has to give it to me for the job well done. Chaiii, see insult. “You better collect it from her,” part of me said. Maybe she was testing me. I collected it from her and she drove off. I checked my time and it was 8:05am. Na so I begin run to the place. And the woman was even going towards that direction. She no even say make she carry me sef. I got there by 8:11 only to be told that the interview was over. I sat there frustrated with the bobo in my hand. I watched as the company staff walks in and out of the building. I was hoping and expecting to see the woman I helped, maybe she works there. Abi have I been scammed! Its in the Bible ooo. Help your neighbor in need. My own help don lead me into trouble. They said the interview was over. I tried begging and pleading, dem no even look my face. The woman that said she was coming to the place, I waited till 1pm and no trace of the woman. Na so I begin cry ooo. This beautiful job that I was hoping upon, I just lost it. Was it a crime to help again. I was only just a few minutes late na! it took the security to chase me out of the building.

I came to the company building every day for 3 days, hoping that I could find the woman I helped, maybe she works there and she can help me. But for were! The day I helped repair her car was the day I saw her last. Na so I begin swear for the woman oooo. She made me loosed my job. Infact, maybe she’s part of the people sent from hell to stop my progress. After everything I did for her, na only bobo and N10 biscuit she fit give me.

When I came to church on Sunday, I saw my pastor and the first thing he said to me was to remember my promise to him. I had earlier promised that when I get the job, I will testify in church and my first salary, I will divide it into two and give him one. Na that one dey him mind. Infact I even began suspecting him. Maybe he didn’t pray and fasted very well for me. I felt he was more interested in the money I wanted to give than the spiritual help he would render. Na so I just ignore the man. I even change church sef while I still keep on looking for the woman I repaired her car which cost me my job offer. But come to think of it, this is actually a lesson to me.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1019-i-rendered-an-help-which-cost-me-my-interview-and-i-lost-a-big-job-opportunity

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by adorablepepple(f): 5:24am On Jul 08, 2015
undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by phransix147(m): 5:27am On Jul 08, 2015
Lengthy!

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by AnyibestDede(m): 5:37am On Jul 08, 2015
I nearly believe u o but u try sha. Mr story teller

17 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by asscb(f): 5:39am On Jul 08, 2015
Ain't reading this poo cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Op you are Retarded undecided

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by saxwizard(m): 5:53am On Jul 08, 2015
am back

so are you saying we shud nt help again
?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by eduxerxes: 6:04am On Jul 08, 2015
asscb:
Ain't reading this poo cry
lazy reader! if u take TOEFL test that's when u'll learn to read and comprehend lengthy texts in 3minutes.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 08, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen, I think what we 've got here is a naijasinglegirl wannabe, but the guy try small sha.

You just need to infuse funnier sarcasm into your stories and maybe a Lil better work on your grammar and you would be there. Nice read all the same.

Friedplantain

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by liljboy(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2015
@OP..... its not a bad idea to help people, but it's just that nowadays people tend to misuse that beautiful attribute of being generous by seeing it as a means of using that person that displayed it..... its too bad that you went through that ordeal but the truth still remains that, as much as you were hurt by that woman, never let it change your mindset about helping others, but next time be very careful.

I know someone who helped a hitchhiker and was later rubbed by same person and his gangs on the road, basically that guy will find it difficult to help someone that is REALLY stranded on the road..... such is life, man tend to prey on another's good behavior making it seem as if that person is weak.

well, I believe EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING, if you really helped the woman from your heart, just believe you did it for God, he'll provide.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by onismate: 7:10am On Jul 08, 2015
liljboy:
@OP..... its not a bad idea to help people, but it's just that nowadays people tend to misuse that beautiful attribute of being generous by seeing it as a means of using that person that displayed it..... its too bad that you went through that ordeal but the truth still remains that, as much as you were hurt by that woman, never let it change your mindset about helping others, but next time be very careful.

I know someone who helped a hitchhiker and was later rubbed by same person and his gangs on the road, basically that guy will find it difficult to help someone that is REALLY stranded on the road..... such is life, man tend to prey on another's good behavior making it seem as if that person is weak.

well, I believe EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING, if you really helped the woman from your heart, just believe you did it for God, he'll provide.
to be sincere with you, when I got this story, it was touching. All these. Abeg us not wanting to help people.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by DankemzI(m): 7:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Lol i Swear that your shoe will be singing i need a doctor by dr. dre_ft_eminem!
keep doing good your moment will come, but in a big way only if you're patience.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Dannyset(m): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Ladies and gentlemen, I think what we 've got here is a naijasinglegirl wannabe, but the guy try small sha.

You just need to infuse funnier sarcasm into your stories and maybe a Lil better work on your grammar and you would be there. Nice read all the same.

Friedplantain

This is his own method of writing. He writes in good English and garnished it with Warri English. Try look at his previous posts, u will see he's good at what he does.

21 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by lovely17(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2015
just hang in there bro God will surely come through for you

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by akaleb2015(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2015
TOO LONG
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by EmmyDe25(m): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2015
This looks to me like a figment...borne out of your very imagination.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by mena233(f): 8:19am On Jul 08, 2015
i love your story op. it was really touching.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Beedude(m): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2015
onismate:
It was a happy mood for me when I got the text message. At least my friends won’t get to say that evil forces are following me from the village. I had been a frustrated job hunter, no thanks to the Nigerian Government. After posting us to Zamfara for NYSC. Service year over, getting a job became a problem. I sleep and wake up on job portals. The one wey dey pain me pass be say, I don’t get pass second stage of the recruitment process of the job offers. It looked as something was wrong with my results, or maybe each time I apply, after CV submission, I would hear that they called others but they will not call me.

This particular job got me so happy when I saw the text message sent to me by the company I applied for as a financial officer and consultant. They invited me for an oral interview which I guess was the last stage of the recruitment. I heard from a reliable source that the company only wanted 4 people for the positions would be inviting only 5 people who made it to that stage for the interview. I saw the text on my phone. I read it again and again and again with excitement. It looked as if the evil forces had lifted off their strong hold on me. I made it to the 3rd stage which is the final stage of the interview which was scheduled to hold the next 3 days.

After reading the text message, I jumped off from my bed, brought out my Acube shoe I had been wearing for over 6 years (Poverty na disease, I never fit change the shoe since I buy am). The bottom of the shoe was fast wearing out while the body was gradually pilling. I don’t blame it. I have over used it and I swear, if the shoe was to come into this world again, he won’t allow someone like me to buy it. It would consider me a terrorist, that I tortured. The shoe sef dey beg me make I throway am. My first salary, once I collect it, I will buy a new show. I took it to the shoe maker in my street to further maybe damage or repair it while I ironed the clothe I would use for the interview.

The day of the interview came, no food at home. I woke up as early as 4am browsing online, getting to know about the company that would be interviewing me. I searched more information about them and some likely interview questions. I took my bath around 6:30am. one strange hunger begin catch me. I had only N200 on me which would take me to my destination. I didn’t want to spend it. But wetin I go come chop! I didn’t want what happened the last time to repeat itself. Where I went to Enugu for a recruitment exercise, I got stranded and hunger nearly killed me. I turned to a street beggar just to raise money to buy N150 food. My transportation back home was tedious. I had to follow a big Tipa that packs sand. They were moving from Enugu to Port harcort. I joined them for a free ride. We spent 8 hours on road just to get to Port Harcourt. A journey that supposed to take 2 hours.

I went to my neighbor and requested for a cup of garri and sugar. She graciously gave to me. After loading my stomach with garri, I dressed up, anointed my head. I prayed so well that day with a massive speaking in tongues. All I just needed was a favour from God.

I left my home in high spirit still blasting in tongues. The Taxi car I entered, if not for the way I dressed, the driver and other passengers would have pushed me out, thinking I had gone insane. As I got down to the junction leading to the company, my pastor called me on phone. I had called him earlier to tell him of the interview. So if he had been eating since that week, he should stop and start fasting and praying for me. Once I get that job, I will change his wardrobe so he won’t be wearing the same clothes every Sunday.

I picked up the phone and we talked. I asked if he was still fasting and praying for me. he said he is. He also prayed for me and told me to be nice to people I see. And he finally dropped the call.

As I moved into the entrance of the street of the company, I was approaching the gradually when I saw a woman struggling to start her car. The car developed some fault and a flat tyre. The car seems to me a brand new car. Very clean. Well I just ignored and walked je-jely on my own. Not until I heard “ helloooo, uncle please can you help me out.” I turned back, apparently she was talking to me. “Now when I don dey reach were I wan do my interview,” I thought to myself. But I thought about it for once. My pastor had advised me to do good this period of time. I should sow seeds in people’s lives. Thi might be a perfect opportunity. But another thought came into my mind. Telling me that I should just tell the human that I have an urgent interview to attend to.

I came closer to where the woman was, noticing really that she has a flat tyre in which she brought out another spare tyre to change. I opened my mouth wanting to tell her that I could have helped her but due to the urgent matter I have to attend to that morning, I can’t help. As I want to talk, something in me said that the woman may be one of the workers in the company I am going for an interview. She may even be part of the team to interview me. As the thought just came into my mind, I bought it. I began to reason it while I remembered some few stories of encounters of guys who said they were heading for an interview, they saw a man which his car had a flat tyre. They were patient enough to help out. Fortunately after helping, the man left while they took a cab to the place of the interview. On getting there, it happened that the man they helped was part of the share owners in the company and was part of the team to interview them. He just gave them a waver and automatic employment.

As I remembered the story and some other stories similar to it that I have read. I came closer again and told the woman that I had an urgent matter to attend to but would help out. Looking at the woman, she dressed so cooperate. I felt she would be working in the company I was going for the interview

Time was running and the instructions was that the interview will start by 8am. I was patient and helped the woman with her car, replaced the flat tyre with the spare one she had. The time was still running. After everything, the car started. She brought out water from her car and gave to me to wash my hands. She asked me where I was going, I told her the company and she didn’t say anything. She brought out a one bottle of bobo and N10 biscuit from her pulse and gave to me as if I was a kid. She said she bought it for her kid but she has to give it to me for the job well done. Chaiii, see insult. “You better collect it from her,” part of me said. Maybe she was testing me. I collected it from her and she drove off. I checked my time and it was 8:05am. Na so I begin run to the place. And the woman was even going towards that direction. She no even say make she carry me sef. I got there by 8:11 only to be told that the interview was over. I sat there frustrated with the bobo in my hand. I watched as the company staff walks in and out of the building. I was hoping and expecting to see the woman I helped, maybe she works there. Abi have I been scammed! Its in the Bible ooo. Help your neighbor in need. My own help don lead me into trouble. They said the interview was over. I tried begging and pleading, dem no even look my face. The woman that said she was coming to the place, I waited till 1pm and no trace of the woman. Na so I begin cry ooo. This beautiful job that I was hoping upon, I just lost it. Was it a crime to help again. I was only just a few minutes late na! it took the security to chase me out of the building.

I came to the company building every day for 3 days, hoping that I could find the woman I helped, maybe she works there and she can help me. But for were! The day I helped repair her car was the day I saw her last. Na so I begin swear for the woman oooo. She made me loosed my job. Infact, maybe she’s part of the people sent from hell to stop my progress. After everything I did for her, na only bobo and N10 biscuit she fit give me.

When I came to church on Sunday, I saw my pastor and the first thing he said to me was to remember my promise to him. I had earlier promised that when I get the job, I will testify in church and my first salary, I will divide it into two and give him one. Na that one dey him mind. Infact I even began suspecting him. Maybe he didn’t pray and fasted very well for me. I felt he was more interested in the money I wanted to give than the spiritual help he would render. Na so I just ignore the man. I even change church sef while I still keep on looking for the woman I repaired her car which cost me my job offer. But come to think of it, this is actually a lesson to me.
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1019-i-rendered-an-help-which-cost-me-my-interview-and-i-lost-a-big-job-opportunity
Please note, this story is not the true story of the author but someone narrated it to him and he wrote.

@ OP , u did the right thing at the wrong time angry

6 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 08, 2015
just incase...this MOD kiss crazeman yansh!
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by chinae(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2015
I love every sentence in this piece.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by LEGITLAYO: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2015
Bruh, next time if you wanna pass any meaningful info across to your audience, you either use correct English or correct pidgin... The mixture of both of 'em is so absurd. Found it hard to read your epistle above...
Btw nice try tho, there's room for improvement
smiley
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Tolzeal(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2015
Uhn..

I failed to understand the whole content.
Seems like a JOKE to me.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 08, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
so you be girl sef!!!
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2015
Damn funny cheesy & sad @the same time.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Rilwayne001: 11:00am On Jul 08, 2015
DankemzI:
Lol i Swear that your shoe will be singing i need a doctor by dr. dre_ft_eminem!
keep doing good your moment will come, but in a big way only if you're patience.

Now, this got me really laffin out loud grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Pavore9: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2015
Eyah! cheesy
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by sweatlana: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2015
All sorts of crazy news make it here on nairaland. Why isn't anything been said about the former eleme chairman's wife in rivers state who was kidnapped and killed yesterday?
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2015
sounds fabricated undecided

Just bobo and #10 biscuit grin

Are u a beggar shocked
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Big4wig(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2015
Eya but How can you ask me who the deputy governor of Plateau state is, during a Job interview? Just say there's no Vacancy
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by MKO4ever(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2015
chinae:
I love every sentence in this piece.

You nor try oo, you love the fact that person lost job opportunity?

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by BELLICKS(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2015
I dey pity u sha!!
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by kilode100(f): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2015
Too long.
Go river go wash ya head.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? / Things You Didn’t Know About Those Commissioned Into The Nigerian Army / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.