Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly (31010 Views)

How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by masties2(f): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is so interesting and captivating. Mr Onismate you write beautifully I wouldn't mind helping you with editing tho. It would be a great pleasure to work with you. Your writing style is unique.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by phlamesG: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lovely nice writeup op

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Olodo oshi
asscb:
Ain't reading this poo cry
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by bikefab(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Blame it on the juju from ur village. They're trully after u.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
That's the modern day eve
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by chrisgush: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
pathetic story but crafted in a very funny manner. If it's true, God will surely make new ways

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Now, this got me really laffin out loud grin grin
which part...only if you're patience? PEJ things!
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by GentleFrank(m): 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Its quite a pity. That's the way God wants it. But why not start a business venture of your own and be your own boss

See wonderful business guides and profitable investment ideas on http://www.businessparrot..com !!!
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Tobbey(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
WHAT A FUNNY STORY

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Rilwayne001: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
ferdimako:
which part...only if you're patience? PEJ things!
Nahhh! the shoe singing Dr. Dre's 'I need a doctor' grin
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by braimeddy: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Op! Do u know what? You are a very good story writer. Just give this ur book a title and e go sell for Aba market well. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by braimeddy: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lol! Nice summary indeed grin
slyfoxxjoe:
he lost his job opportunity because of bobo and 10 naira biscuit
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Adortem: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is obviously a fiction. Note:
1)Work on your grammar;
2)Its ok to help others,however,you should have respectfully told the woman you have an appointment at 8:00am,she would have understand and called someoneelse;
3)Even if she was part of the interview team you can't possibly singlehandedly have offered you the job,you must meet the basic requirements;
4)Even if you made the interview,it doesn't automatically mean you would have gotten the job,so don't blame yourself;
5)The woman who gave you Bobo and #10 biscuit,it may be all she had with her just to say thank you,she had to even explain it was originally meant for her kids;
6)Every good done is like a seed sown,it would be ripe for harvest someday,trustme its definately not something immediate;
7)About your shoe,I would say,you never saw getting a new shoe as a priority,how exactly did you spend your NYSC stipend,I am sure you probably changed your phone during your service year but you never thought of changing your shoe...
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by seanpizzy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
It could be for the best - Read this link, it can help you start your own biz
http://todaybase.com/commencement-of-a-small-business-questions-to-address/
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by tranxo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
onismate:

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1019-i-rendered-an-help-which-cost-me-my-interview-and-i-lost-a-big-job-opportunity
you may just have been saved from a fatal job disaster. God works in mysterious ways. Wait for YOUR own job.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Karleb(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
Too unnecessary long.
No suspense.
Too predictable.
Too unreal.
Kinda boring.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by lurlah2014(f): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
yeyeye, console yourself with the biscuit and bobo and remember to keep he empty can and nylon as ur salary and as for the pastor u can ask him to keep fasting for a better job for you to buy him cloth and shoe to match grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Karleb(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
GentleFrank:
Its quite a pity. That's the way God wants it. But why not start a business venture of your own and be your own boss

See wonderful business guides and profitable investment ideas on http://www.businessparrot..com !!!

The way God wants it?

Just when I thought I've heard it all. grin
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by 4reala(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
grin grin u no go kill me wit laff
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Godiskind: 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Op I wouldnt say what u did was wrong but u did something good out of selfish motivation. U were only looking at how that woman can eventually reward u instead of looking at how God can reward u thru ur good act. And consequently and unfortunately, u received ur reward from her.... N10 biscuit and N40 bobo, something u would have politely rejected. Even it were 10k u would have, perhaps, received ur miracle if u had refused to take it. God can reward u better. Even if the woman happened to be a satanic agent who was sent to block ur progress, u gave in to it, not by offering to help but by collecting d biscuit and bobo. Anyway u can learn lessons from it.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
That is how you get to know some fake Pastors, they are more after their stomach (Stomach Pastors) than your spiritual progress or success. The rate at which most of them preach about offerings and tithe, if they has put in same efforts in preaching about salvation, so many people would have left their evil ways. I rather promise to sacrifice my first salary to an orphan, a widow or the poor generally than to someone who is out to scam people under the canopy of God. Mind you am not against giving to men of God.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ese00:
Just patiently read it. The fact that you helped the woman was a good thing. But the fact that you helped her thinking you would get help in return shows that you didn't genuinely help her. I ppray help comes your way soon tho
Bitter truth
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by olareed(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
onismate:

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1019-i-rendered-an-help-which-cost-me-my-interview-and-i-lost-a-big-job-opportunity
trust me, that pastor was village sent!...he sounded on fone as though he had premonitions/vision, only for you to be disappointed in him..Well, I wouldn't knw God's plans for u because that disappointment might be a test!...But all the same, I would advise u beef up ur spiritual life and be more proactive in ur job hunt adventures...Trust me, better days are ahead!
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by sleemoon(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
Beedude:

@ OP , u did the right thing at the wrong time angry

Kai... Some ppl sha... Must u quote d whole post to comment... SMH
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by ModiKen(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nice writeup dude. Good use of your imagination.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Beedude(m): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
sleemoon:

Kai... Some ppl sha... Must u quote d whole post to comment... SMH

And how is dat ur headache boy ? undecided
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by gidjah(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
Bruh, next time if you wanna pass any meaningful info across to your audience, you either use correct English or correct pidgin... The mixture of both of 'em is so absurd. Found it hard to read your epistle above...
Btw nice try tho, there's room for improvement
smiley
that's not completely true, ,have you heard of the term in writing 'local language mixed with standard grammar,? people adopt such this days, and it makes your work unique and fun to read bro, pls appreciate his effort, Nations like Ghana, S/Africa ,e t c do same and its been ever colorful plsss
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by ruftop(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
well done Mr. story teller.........

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Danhumprey: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
Karleb:

The way God wants it?

Just when I thought I've heard it all. grin
That's the problem with overly religious people.
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by Karleb(m): 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Danhumprey:
That's the problem with overly religious people.

It's just so so annoying and pathetic. sad
Re: How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly by ignis: 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
Story Story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happened After I Lied On My CV / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.