Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering (5509 Views)

Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... / Massive Recruitment In Nigeria At Huawei Technologies With Mouth Watering PAY / He Missed A Mouth Watering Job In An Oil Firm On The Day Of The Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by onismate: 5:34am On Jan 18, 2017
Nigerians, we are too religious, even when we commit too many atrocities behind the religion.

Ask some Nigerians questions about goals and aspirations. I guess we are expecting a realistic answer! But they will be like..

“By the special grace of God I will finish the work tomorrow”

Imagine your boss ask, “Can you finish this job in two days?” and they will be like “By the special grace of God.”

“Are you coming tomorrow?” They are like, “By the special grace of God”

“Do you have the money?” And they are like “By God’s grace”

“Are you making progress?” “By God’s grace”

“Are you washing your clothes?” “By God’s grace”

“Ahhh, your hair is beautiful ooo” “It’s by His grace”

“You came to work too early” “It’s by his grace”

Nawa for us ooooo. Sometimes we can’t just be realistic. But don’t get me wrong. Am not saying it’s not the work or grace of God. But the way some people are going this makes it unacceptable. Even when they commit various atrocities, is it by the special grace of God?

About 4 weeks ago, I and a very good friend of mine went for an interview in a multi-national company. We were 7 in number and my friend was the only female. Even though she is a good Christian and very religious. The interview panel really commended her efforts, smartness and intellect. Though they frowned at some of her answers to questions for not being very realistic and using “by the special grace of God.”

She was asked that if she was given a task to complete in 2 days, would she be able to complete it. She said by the special grace of God she would complete it at appropriate time. Na so interview panel laugh. They asked “How?” or maybe she would use the special grace of God. “Abeg no use special grace of bring down this company oo.” They laughed and joked.

The interview panel gave her a pass. It was sure they will take her. They love her courage and intellectual ability. Though still warned her about the use of “special grace of God.”

After the interview, a week later, both of us (I and my female friend) were the only people contacted to resume. Lucky us. Na so we resume work ooo with a six figure salary. It is just so sweet and I couldn’t hold my joy. Getting that kind of job in this recession.

A week after resumption, apparently the same department. I was in my friends office and we were working on a task when the main boss, the Director of the company and a foreign client walked by. The client’s project was assigned to my friend so she was the one in charge. So I was just there to support.

The director and client walked into the office. The director asked if she was through with the task. “By the special grace of God,” she (my friend) replied.

“Can you finish it in 2 days?” The director asked.

“By the special grace of God,” she replied again.

The director became so angry. I could see it from his facial expression. My friend was almost through with the job. And infact it won’t even take up to 2 days sef. By the next 18 hours, the job should be completed.

The client being a white man was like, “do you need the special grace of God to complete this task?” He turned to my boss (Director) and asked if our company can really complete that task this one we are on the grace of God. I tried to explain that in a few hours’ time we should be through with the job. But the kind eye wey Oga look me. And I was not directly in charge of the task. She (my friend) new that the task will definitely be completed the next day. But “by the special grace of God” didn’t allow her.

Na so my Boss carry the man comot from there. An hour later my boss’s P.A came to call my friend to the Director’s office. Before we knew what was happening, my friend has being fired. She was asked to pack her things and leave. So many including the head of our department was going to plead on her behalf. But Oga no gree. Our H.O.D said she warned her about that the first day she resumed when he asked her to do something. She couldn’t complete it that day. He asked when she will finish the task and she said she would finish it in 2 days by God’s grace. That was when she began warning her about the “By the special grace of God.” She should try to give realistic goals. Not that God is not involved but she should give a set target.

Upon all the begging and pleading, the company no gree accept my friend back. They had to immediately replace her with one of the guy we did interview with. The new guy resumed immediately after 2 days they fired my friend. “By the special grace of God” began trending in the office. Na so my friend lose her job oo. She was fired from her job “By the special grace of God.”

http://hovabuzz.com/frontline/1283-she-lost-her-job-by-the-special-grace-of-god

6 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Authoreety: 5:42am On Jan 18, 2017
By the special Grace of God she'l get a beta job

Dt one obviously isn't for her. Period!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by MrGreenMavro: 6:09am On Jan 18, 2017
By God's Grace God has something big for her in his Tabernacle

5 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by banjicom(m): 6:14am On Jan 18, 2017
angry By the special grace of God this post will Never make Frontpage!

6 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Snow5(m): 6:32am On Jan 18, 2017
Put your religion aside when you are in a coordinated organization.. Not that you shouldn't acknowledge God oo

But she was warned before hand.. Even God go vex give her self.

Those saying she will get another job that dat job is not meant for her... Watch out... She will not last a month in any company if she can't keep to terms and condition

What insolence!!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by nmreports: 6:34am On Jan 18, 2017
This is hilarious.
I am certain that with time she would learn to start talking in terms of:
1. Numbers
2. Figures
3. Dates and
4. Time.
Thats what clients, investors and shareholders want to hear.

9 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by wahles(m): 6:34am On Jan 18, 2017
By d special grace of God these will make FP grin, na courage wey d hen e get#

1 Like

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 6:37am On Jan 18, 2017
Whatever You Do, By The Special Grace Of God, Ensure You Acknowledge God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Kondomatic(m): 6:48am On Jan 18, 2017
This is a very useless post. Those 400 bankers that were sacked recently, did they also say by the special grace of God?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Elshahzad: 6:53am On Jan 18, 2017
GreenMavro:
By God's Grace God has something big for her in his Tabernacle
U beta stop deceivin' urself Sir. She go tey until she learn her lessons... All those "Holier than thou" attitude dey put up always piss Me off.. If U're religious, b coded 'bouh it. Let it b between U and ur God and nt makin' it piss people off.. Abeg make she go sidon 4 house dey fry groundnut

8 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Elshahzad: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2017
nmreports:
This is hilarious.
I am certain that with time she would start talking in terms of numbers, figures, dates and time.
Thats what clients, investors and shareholders want to hear.
Exactly bruh.. Abi nah she holy pass?? All those "I too know" people
Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by tafrica(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2017
LOOL, story sounds like an illusion, but don't let me spoil the fun.

In another twist, funnily, the guy employed in her stead will go to church (if a christian) to testify how God removed someone for him.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by ednut1(m): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2017
Believe anything hovabuzz at ur peril

1 Like

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by talk2alabama: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2017
No worry na wen lalasticlala move this thread to front page by d special grace of God, u will know.
Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by silentachieverr(m): 7:44am On Jan 18, 2017
It is real foolishness on her part bringing religion to the work place. The work place should be as secular as possible. I am a Christian but i will be pissed if a muslim says: Insha Allah in everything he or she does. It is just downright stupidity not to follow terms and conditions. When in rome, behave like the romans. I just think she is very used to such statements. Old habits die hard.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by tens4real(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2017
By the special grace of God today is my birthday in this buhari hard Era for the first time
Show me some love Nairalanders by likes....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Hotsparkles(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2017
Religion and work does not go together in multi-nationals. You don't bring religion to workplace, that's work ethics

3 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by blueskies(f): 7:51am On Jan 18, 2017
Even if she said by d special grace of God, she shd av tried to complete it at d stipulated time thereby meeting al deir requirements. With that mayb d director wud av been less pissed to fire her. Saying by d special grace of God and not completing it is not it

3 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by yorex2011: 8:23am On Jan 18, 2017
While there's nothing wrong in believing in God, she didn't need to be saying it anyhow. If the job isn't completed due to her negligence for example, will she shift the blame to God because He didn't provide enough grace?

She should learn and move on. It's frustrating for the boss to be hearing that kind of thing instead of concrete info and progress and expected time of competition barring all contingencies.

Even if she wants to be saying that, why not chill till you've proved over time that you can go beyond their expectations and they would see the grace of God in the way she does her work. She just start work she dey do anyhow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by mhiztaNexy(m): 8:29am On Jan 18, 2017
tafrica:
LOOL, story sounds like an illusion, but don't let me spoil the fun.

In another twist, funnily, the guy employed in his stead will go to church (if a christian) to testify how God removed someone for him.
You said it all!

3 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by davide470(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2017
blueskies:
Even if she said by d special grace of God, she shd av tried to complete it at d stipulated time thereby meeting al deir requirements. With that mayb d director wud av been less pissed to fire her. Saying by d special grace of God and not completing it is not it
It's better not to say it at all. She is working in an office, not a church.

Imagine if a muslim starts saying "By the Special Grace of Allah" to the same questions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by jidxin(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2017
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by ammyluv2002(f): 8:50am On Jan 18, 2017
This is so sad! I feel for her

2 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by amicable09(f): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2017
Lol.

For some people, that's naturally how they talk. But before it got this bad, she should have been corrected first. I'm very sure it didn't start when she got the job, she most likely used those words during interview too.

Outright sack is too harsh.
She'll get another job in a company that will appreciate the grace of God on her skills cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2017
ammyluv2002:
This is so sad! I feel for her
Ammyluv2002 , You haven't heard from me . When the need arises, I'll get accros. How are you today?
Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by ammyluv2002(f): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Ammyluv2002 , You haven't heard from me . When the need arises, I'll get accros. How are you today?
I'm good jare

1 Like

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2017
ammyluv2002:
I'm good hare
I'm glad you are. Enjoy every bit of today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by Martinez19(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2017
*sighs* religion: the opium of the masses.
Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by ammyluv2002(f): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2017
TheSlyone2:

I'm glad you are. Enjoy every bit of today
And you too! Thanks
Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by AssLeeKar: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2017
Mumu people be forming Godly, Who special grace of God help sef?
Mean while,

2 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by habtund(f): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2017
By the special grace of God I will not comment

2 Likes

Re: How Being Too Religious Made My Female Friend Carelessly Lost Her Mouth Watering by irynterri(f): 10:10am On Jan 18, 2017
James 4:13-16 “Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such
and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do
not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that
appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the
Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance.
All such boasting is evil.” @onismate she is right,ever since I read this passage of the bible I keep saying by God's grace I will do so and so,let your friend continue to be stead fast in her faith and watch how God will bless her

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Microsoft Nigeria / Fresh Graduate And Hnd Vacancies At Price Waterhouse Coopers (pwc) Nigeria / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At The European Commission 2016/2017 (€1,120/month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.