Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday (52440 Views)

See The Snake I Killed In The Midnight (pics) / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
stchinedu:

Thanks professor. But you surprised me sir ... undecided

Adders are part of the family Viperidae that makes them vipers. Thus, it's a different name for the same thing. As for the heat sensitive pits The Snake Forum lists them as vipers with no heat pits.

SORRY I MAKE A MISTAKE, I WANTED TO SAY FAMILY. BUT IF YOU READ IT WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.
YES THERE ARE BOTH VIPERS
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by carzola(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Patented:
a Rare species of snake abi? kindly name the species
eeeemmm whats that your grand fathers name again
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Felitsa187(f): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Y does the snake have two antennas like a snail? Abi am I the only seeing this? undecided
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Baroba(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2015
eaglechild:

You need the head to properly identify the snake.

It could be a young python.

The markings and size suggest that of a young Python.. Poor thing wasted.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2015
babyme1:

grin grin
Ur sense of humour is wow grin

I smell something cry
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by hrhobi1(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:
LOOK THE STRIP OR PATTERN VERY WELL, IS IT TRIANGULAR IN SHAPE? IS THE BODY A LITTLE BIT LIGHTER?

SOME, THERE STRIPE ARE CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER

It's a fully grown Gaboon viper, very poisonous and also has the longest fangs among all the other viper species.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by stchinedu: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:

SORRY I MAKE A MISTAKE, I WANTED TO SAY FAMILY. BUT IF YOU READ IT WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.
Thanks...Must confess you have broadened my horizon too. cool cool
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by adedayourt(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2015
veave:

Nne I get goose bumps when I hear someone say snake.

SNAKE!
SNAKE!!
SNAKE!!!
tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by iwatchandlisten(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2015
The way una de kill snakes for here, snake go finish for Nigeria'o...
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Patented: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2015
how u take know say e rare hen you no fit identify am?
carzola:
eeeemmm whats that your grand fathers name again
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Princevally(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2015
I just love the way God designed its skin woooow
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2015
stchinedu:
Thanks...Must confess you have broadened my horizon too. cool cool
thanks
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Nairaland and snakes, shey una dn turn Nat geo ni
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by engroluyede: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2015
MissSlimbody:
I guess its the season for snake killing.
Make me sef go vex kill snakegrin

You are not like them your comment is accurate and funny
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by bamac(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Snake Ireland
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:

dude u've been arguing since though you ain't sure of what you're saying. that picture posted there is a juvenile African rock python. it's not a gaboon viper. gaboon viper have short stocky body and d end of their body are thick ending in a very thin tail.
I won't blame you for mistaking it shaa, since the head isn't there. vipers have a triangular-shaped head

2 Likes

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

dude u've been arguing since though you ain't sure of what you're saying. that picture posted there is a juvenile African rock python. it's not a gaboon viper. gaboon viper have short stocky body and d end of their body are thick ending in a very thin tail.
I won't blame you for mistaking it shaa, since the head isn't there. vipers have a triangular-shaped head
ejeejrhejd
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by udmydearest(f): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Haba she is a young snake and not dangerous.
you are not serious.......
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by sweetgala(m): 9:37am On Jul 15, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Are you sure of the species and if it's not venomous ?

That is a big enough snake, the only thing that snake can offer them is killing all the bush rats and ftogs in their compound. If they have dogs that may not be safe
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2015
MadCow1:

Pythons are venomless and harmless to humans. They can't constrict a human nor swallow one.

A full grown Burmese or reticulated python would gladly have you for lunch. grin
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:
DID YOU READ AT ALL undecided PLS GO BACK AND READ WHAT ME AND THE OTHER GUY ARE DISCUSSING ABOUT.

WHEN DID I SAY IT IS A GABOOD!! undecided

YOU JUST DON'T JUMP AND COMMENT

sorry bruv. made a mistake to quote u instead of d oda dude
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by jaxxy(m): 9:44am On Jul 15, 2015
austin4real:
I actually trampled on the head with my car, was scared when I came out to see this

Dats no baby snake o! Dats a viper very deadly snake. It's a short breed on snake bt more dangerous.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

sorry bruv. made a mistake to quote u instead of d oda dude
YOU ARE WELL COME. YET ME ERASE IT
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Dontbeused: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2015
starlingslimnet:
grin sorry,d snake mother angry if I Hear?...it spontaneous 4 me..if I hear S I don strke! cool
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by blackiridis(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2015
snail snake or can we call it "SNAILKE"
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by jacabi(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2015
MissSlimbody:
I guess its the season for snake killing.
Make me sef go vex kill snakegrin
Abeg vex quick go kill one make I see am.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by debson(m): 9:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Why are snakes after Nairalanders nowadays sef? undecided
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2015
You live in a bushy/forest area?
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by kenoz(m): 10:03am On Jul 15, 2015
cool
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Segse(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2015
austin4real:
I actually trampled on the head with my car, was scared when I came out to see this

Wow! I've never seen a snake with antennae....
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by ruggedtimi(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2015
ia that antenna
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Front Of My Place Yesterday by Segse(m): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2015
So what is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Divorce Expressly? See My Reasons / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / I Denied My Husband Sex Because Of Cigarette Odour - Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.