Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm (76478 Views)

How To Get Best Hybrid Plantain Sucker/ Plantain Farm Management in Nigeria / Ogbomoso Plantain Farm Estate:Your Fastlane To Making Millions And Wealth / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes go ahead
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2020
Cost for f setting up Plantain Plantation on 1 acre of Land

Below are basic cost of setting up plantain Plantation on one acre of land.......

One acre of land consist of 6 Plots of land.

Basic requirements:
1...Land
...80k/120k (variable)
2. .Clearing
.20-40k (depend on how deep it forest)
3...Procurement of Plantain suckers....N80/1 (1000 suckers required =N80,000)
4... Transportation of suckers.
..N25k & above within Ogun State or negotiable
5....Planting of suckers
.#25.00 per sucker (N25,000.00 for 1000 suckers)
6...Clearing of weeds..
.N20k-25k or negotiate. Few months after planting you will need to clear weed again or depend on Volume of rainfall on your farm.
7... Application of manure or fertilizer. few months after Planting, you can apply fertilizer or manuree....both are ok but one is faster thann the other. 50kg bag of fertilizer is ok for 1acre of farm call below for brand of fertilizer you need and how to apply it. Price of bag of fertilizer is between 10-20k depend on type of fertilizer you need. If border is open a bag is sold for N7500.
Manure is N500 per bag or free.

8...Clearing of weed when it 4-5 months after planting you will need to clear weed again, at this stage you can apply chemicals or manuall method of clearing. If you choose chemical you spend less than N5000 for chemicals and charge fee for sprayer. But if you choose to use manual method you spend N20-25k like before.
9.. irrigation (optional).. if you choose to irrigate this is optional, contact your plumber to give you best design for your farm.

10. Harvesting ............if you plant 1000 suckers you should not expect to harvest 1000 suckers. At lest 5% will not germinate while another 5% will fall as a result of heavy rainfall or due to wait of the fruit.. therefore you should expect only 90% of your crops to be ready for harvest.. it may cost N10,000 to harvest and transport it from your farm to main road where vehicle can pick it up for you.

Note; you can't harvest all at the same time, it may be in every two weeks you come for harvest till you are done with all.

11. Transport to Market/ sell on the field .......

This is negotiable and also depends on distance of your farm to main market, o hope you can negotiate will local driver around you on this

For more info and where to procure your Hybrid plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or visit my blog....
Tel; +2348065987831
www.plantainsuckers..com.ng
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Elelechukwu: 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
etrader:
For Maximum out put you need TRIMMING OF LEAVES

Remove any old, dry leaves that hang down on the pseudostem (they can hide insects and larvae).
Do not cut the green leaves as they are essential for growing the bunches. Approximately 2 to 3 months after harvesting the bunches, remove all remaining shoots apart from two bayonet-shaped
shoots, one large and one small. Avoid weeds, dead leaves, pieces of pseudostem and other plant debris piling up at the base of the plantain plants, where they could provide shelter for the plantain root weevil or other insects and larvae.

By doing so you are improving the yield of your plantain.

For more info on how to improve yield on on your plantain farm, feel free to call below mobile or send whatsapp msg to the same mobile.
Tel. +2348065987831
email. msg4lekan@gmail.com
-

Do you mean, I should retain two bayonet-shaped shoots at a base after I have harvested the bunch, and allow them to grow together at a base?
Again can I plant cassava in plantain plantation farm? Thanks
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2020
Yes you retain the two, it is not advisable to mix cassava with Plantain. If you want to cultivate cassava why not seperaye the farm. You plant plantain one section and you plant cassava to another side
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 7:49am On May 13, 2020
So far there is no any business you intend to venture without risk, and it good to be aware of risk in any business, your abilities to take the risk will enable you to know if you are ready for the business.

Can you please say something on risk involves on plantain Plantation and how to handle it. Sorry sir my questions are getting to much these days
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 13, 2020
Please is supergrow fertilizer good for plantain? If so, how is the application done?. Thanks
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:42pm On May 14, 2020
Supergro fertilizer is also categorize as liquid fertilizer, there are different brand with different names. They replace lack of micronutrients from the soil. They are highly effective. I will advise you to use it if you can afford it.

How to use it, I think instructions are boldly written on it. Read and follow this instructions.

In simple form, look for sprayer tank, either 16 or 20ltrs size. In case are have been using the tank to spray herbicide before, wash the tank with detergent soap, rinse it untill there is no more lather on the tank.
Poul a clean water on the tank, if you are using 16 ltrs capacity tank, add 200ml of supergro into the water, and mix thoroughly. The next is to start spray on leave of the crops directly. Both leave and stem should be spray thoroughly. In case you are using Jacto sprayer tank or 20ltrs capacity apply 300ml of the supergro on water and mix thoroughly, then start spray on the leave and stem of your plantain.

In case your crop lack micronutrients like Mg, Na, K, and many more.

Feel free to call below mobile or visit my blog below

Tel:08065987831
Blog: www.plantainsuckers..com

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Nobody: 6:58am On May 16, 2020
Thank you for the information.
Please can i plant maize (corn) inside my plantain farm as i just removed all the weeds? Will it do well?
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:34am On May 16, 2020
Yes that is best combination, you can add corn to your Plantain Plantation.....

In 3 months your corn is ready fo r harvest, you clear the weed again and your crops will keep growing....Note you can only plant corn a days or two days after down poul. If you plant corn on dry soil all your corn will dry off.

For more detail visit our blog or call below mobile for procurement of your Hybrid plantain Suckers.....
Tel:08065987831
www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 16, 2020
Thanks alot. I appreciate....
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:54pm On May 17, 2020
tomi2000:
So far there is no any business you intend to venture without risk, and it good to be aware of risk in any business, your abilities to take the risk will enable you to know if you are ready for the business.

Can you please say something on risk involves on plantain Plantation and how to handle it. Sorry sir my questions are getting to much these days

If anybody introduce you to a business or any business strange to you are you are new to it, the first question to ask such person is risk involved in it. Every business involve risk if you are not ready to take the risk, that mean you are not ready to start the business.
There is risk in farm too, several risk which I can't mention all, some are glotting , none germination of crops, Fulani herdsmen invader, fire distaster crops desease, pest and many more.
Let me talk about those that associated with plantain. Risk involve in plantain are wind and dry season. These are major challenge or risk associated with Plantain and it can be prevent to some extent. Like wind, during clearing farm land for intend to cultivate plantain you retain some trees to serve as wind breaker. These tree will restist wind on your farm and protect your crops from wind. Around April will experience some heavily accompany storm with rain early in the year. The storm demage alot of plantain but if you allow some trees to be allow on ypur farm it will safe your crops from.damages. Also you should not allow tress to cover all your farm , this is because it will protect your crop from photosynthesis.

Dry season,
During dry season plantain due fall and those that have produce fruits, dry season will definitely affect the size of the fruit no matter the species of suckers you plant. If you go to USA and sort for your suckers and plant it on West Africa soil it will affect your out put, this is because the crop you cultivate is water loving crops and if it lack water, it will definitely short on out put. It is just like live stock animal, once you stop feeding them for a day or two days it will show on there body.

the only solution for dry season is irrigation. Only few farmers undergo this method in Nigeria that is why we have season for each crops or fruits in Nigeria. If you can can able to do so, you can plantain rund the year and this will be advantage over other farmers.

See pictures below that is effect of dry season on Plantain fruit

For more on where to procure your Hybrid plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or Whatsapp msg the same mobile or send email to email ID below.....
Tel: 08065987831
Email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
Visit my blog: www.plantainsuckers..com.ng

1 Share

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2020
Happy Eid-el-fitri celebration to all Muslim
May God Almighty let you experience many more of it on earth . May God give you all the blessings of Ramadan in sha Allah.
Happy celebrations....
..from olami farm
www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Healthy Benefits of Green Plantain

Slice a plantain's trunk into pieces. The pieces pounded in a mortar. Squeeze the juice out, then.

What you have is a potent herbal juice that can be used to treat various diseases. Mix one juice bottle and half a bottle of honey together. This preparation will henceforth be known as the Plantain solution (PS).

This knowledge is one of the hidden treasures that many of our well-known fathers and mothers hold close to their chest. In nature the simplest things are often the most important.

How often do you see a tree of bananas and pass by without even looking a second? So often, we are so busy pursuing one material thing or the other that we forget that happiness consists in opening ourselves to nature's hidden wisdom. Humans are busy pursuing gladness and beauty. Yet, paradise lies right in front of them. Wake up O man and woman from your slumber and stop taking things for granted. Let your being permeate the beauty of nature and reflect through you!

The juice of plantain can be used for the following illnesses

To procure Hybrid Plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or send your email to ID below....
Tel: +2348065987831

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
So plantain is medicinal, let me keep eating plantain

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Not ripe one, Unripe plantain

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2020
Fertilizing

Do not forget that to get a good and stable harvest you need to fertilize the soil regularly. You can use organic fertilizers or inorganic fertilizers. With the usage of inorganic fertilizers, the farmer can easily handle the concentrated nutrients.

Organic fertilizers are good to improve the soil moisture retention and biological activity, they prevent weed and erosion. The best time for application of fertilizer is 1 month after Planting especially during raining season.

The best fertilizer is NPK either 15,15,15 or 20,10,10 depend on your soil texture.
On manure you can contact nearby poultry farm damand for manure some may decide to sell it while other may give you free. There is no fix price for manure cost....

For more info free to call below mobile
08065987831, email. msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
I have been trying to reach your mobile, it was not reachable...

I am been trying to reach local agro shops around me to procure N.P.K 15:15:15 I couldn't be able to see one. The shop owner said the fertilizer is scarce in market now, pls can you help me on how to get one....My crop is a month old now...

Or can I use Urea fertilizer in leu of it, because they have it in large quantities.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Sorry for taken my so many days before I reply you. This was due to volume of activities inside farm.

As per your inquiry, don't use Urea fertilizer on your Plantain, u can use poultry dump in case you can't be able to get N.P.K 15;15;15. Urea cant pick Plantain.

I don't know where you reside but u can visit sabo market at ikorodu Lagos, they go to farm agro sector toward last gate along itoki ijebu ode road. You will see NPK in large quantities but it very costly now, because Nigeria government has closed borders this make it very scarce in market. Before it was sold between N7,500.00 now is 15-20k per 50kg bag.

In case you can't find NPK 15:15;15 you can also go for NPK 20:10:10

Advantage
It very good on different type of soil
Within 2 weeks after application you will start see the effect on your crops
For more information feel free to contact below mobile .....
Tel. +2348065987831 or 07012575737
Blog: www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Edibleskit: 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
How much can i sell plantain in the market compare to selling in farm?
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by funstufz(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for this

Please come and conclude this with pictures too.

Thanking you

etrader:
Healthy Benefits of Green Plantain

Slice a plantain's trunk into pieces. The pieces pounded in a mortar. Squeeze the juice out, then.

What you have is a potent herbal juice that can be used to treat various diseases. Mix one juice bottle and half a bottle of honey together. This preparation will henceforth be known as the Plantain solution (PS).

This knowledge is one of the hidden treasures that many of our well-known fathers and mothers hold close to their chest. In nature the simplest things are often the most important.

How often do you see a tree of bananas and pass by without even looking a second? So often, we are so busy pursuing one material thing or the other that we forget that happiness consists in opening ourselves to nature's hidden wisdom. Humans are busy pursuing gladness and beauty. Yet, paradise lies right in front of them. Wake up O man and woman from your slumber and stop taking things for granted. Let your being permeate the beauty of nature and reflect through you!

The juice of plantain can be used for the following illnesses

To procure Hybrid Plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or send your email to ID below....
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
In case you can't be able to see N.P.K 15:15:15 you can also go for N.P.K 20:10:10 this also fear too, but don't go for urea fertilizer...

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by anucha20natasha: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello good day. There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20ANU500
It's all free. It's for everyone
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ok good
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
We need to go back to the song of Majekodun Fasheke popular know as Magek fashek album title "SEND DOWN THE RAIN". For the pass 7 weeks now there was no rainfall within Lagos and rest of south west and some part of south east too. All our crops has burn on soil as a result of lack of rainfall.

There shall be rainfall oooo. Hopefully there shall be rainfall before end of d month
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Plantain Flour

If you can go extra mile you make more money from plantain farming. By adding value to your produce you make more money from it.

If you can process your plantain into Plantain Flour you will make more money than to sell it as raw plantain.
Below are basic requirements and steps you will need before you embark on Plantain flour production. They are very simple you can afford and simple. By the time you are fully established this plantain Flour, I am very sure that no matter sizes of plantain Plantation you may have you can't meet up demand of your client or customers.

In future I will show you how identify your potential customers and how to turn make them your loyal customers.

But to day post I will show basic steps to be taken before you established plantain Plantation.

1. Green Plantain
2. Knife
3. Pot/ boil water
4. Dryer/ oven (locally)
5. Grand machine
6. Sealer
7. C.A.C/ NAFDAC registrations

You will needs green plantain don't use ripe plantain for Plantain Flour. In my next post I will tell you procure for processing plantain Flour.
Next tools is Knife, this knife will be use to peel the plantain. You will need to peel the shealth and extract plantain you need. By doing so I will need to boil water. This water must not reach 100c. It should be between 80-90c.
Dryer or oven...check picture below, that is pictures of Gas and charcoal oven. You can make use of gas or Charcoal to burn it .

Grand machine, that normal Grand machine you use to Grand your pepper. I don't need to show you pictures of that.

Sealer. There various category of sealers. Depend on your finances capacity or how you want your produce to look neat. There are some sealer that can deal single, double or triple lines. You can check online and look for best you can afford.

Registration from C.A.C or Nafdac. You need to have a registered company either limited or enterprises. With visible address. Your business must be registered before you go for NAFDAC registrations. For further explanation contact Corporate Affairs Commission nearest to you. Or Nearby Nafdac office in your area. You will be directed on how to go about it.

The first and the last pictures are the image of the your products how it will look like in future.
Can you imagine how much you sell 1kg of Plantain Flour. You can find out by yourself...

(Image of oven and plantain Flour are not mine, all copy from online kudo to the owner, I am using your product to explain my point, sorry if I offend you)

For further info on where to procure your plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or send email to contact below.

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by BeautifulGee(f): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2020
lets save you the stress. Healthy Living Flour..
discover wellness!!!!!
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by donyfrank: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
I will contact you soon

etrader:
Cost for f setting up Plantain Plantation on 1 acre of Land

Below are basic cost of setting up plantain Plantation on one acre of land.......

One acre of land consist of 6 Plots of land.

Basic requirements:
1...Land
...80k/120k (variable)
2. .Clearing
.20-40k (depend on how deep it forest)
3...Procurement of Plantain suckers....N80/1 (1000 suckers required =N80,000)
4... Transportation of suckers.
..N25k & above within Ogun State or negotiable
5....Planting of suckers
.#25.00 per sucker (N25,000.00 for 1000 suckers)
6...Clearing of weeds..
.N20k-25k or negotiate. Few months after planting you will need to clear weed again or depend on Volume of rainfall on your farm.
7... Application of manure or fertilizer. few months after Planting, you can apply fertilizer or manuree....both are ok but one is faster thann the other. 50kg bag of fertilizer is ok for 1acre of farm call below for brand of fertilizer you need and how to apply it. Price of bag of fertilizer is between 10-20k depend on type of fertilizer you need. If border is open a bag is sold for N7500.
Manure is N500 per bag or free.

8...Clearing of weed when it 4-5 months after planting you will need to clear weed again, at this stage you can apply chemicals or manuall method of clearing. If you choose chemical you spend less than N5000 for chemicals and charge fee for sprayer. But if you choose to use manual method you spend N20-25k like before.
9.. irrigation (optional).. if you choose to irrigate this is optional, contact your plumber to give you best design for your farm.

10. Harvesting ............if you plant 1000 suckers you should not expect to harvest 1000 suckers. At lest 5% will not germinate while another 5% will fall as a result of heavy rainfall or due to wait of the fruit.. therefore you should expect only 90% of your crops to be ready for harvest.. it may cost N10,000 to harvest and transport it from your farm to main road where vehicle can pick it up for you.

Note; you can't harvest all at the same time, it may be in every two weeks you come for harvest till you are done with all.

11. Transport to Market/ sell on the field .......

This is negotiable and also depends on distance of your farm to main market, o hope you can negotiate will local driver around you on this

For more info and where to procure your Hybrid plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or visit my blog....
Tel; +2348065987831
www.plantainsuckers..com.ng
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Below are processing involve in manufacturing of plantain Flour. If you practice this process perfectly with good hygiene and good market strategy, million of naira will be rolling into your account monthly.

1. Sorting:

This involves inspection of plantain fingers to identify and remove unsuitable one, e.g ripe, spoiled and unhealthy plantain. Kindly make uses of Green one because ripe plantain will make it sweeter and it will take much time to dry.

2. Weighing:

After sorting plantains you need to measure the weight of input plantain. This will be kept for records purpose. You can make uses of any accurate weight balance of your choice.

3. Blanching:

This is process whereby plantain is soak into hot water between 90c-100c for just 3-5min. this is to enable the skin or shealth for soften and easy peeling.

4. Peeling:

In case you are processing tons of plantain you will need to engage workers to do these for you. You can make use of knife easy remove the skin and drop the pulp or plantain in a clean bucket.

5. Slicing/Chipping:

Plantain can be slice into two or more horizontal with help of slicer or make use of knife. This will speed up the rate of dehydration. If you chose not to slice it , it will took longer period to dry and this will lead into loss of energy during drying.

6. Drying:

Already slice plantain is dried within a short time with help of industrial drying machine.

You can check picture below for the kind of machine or dryer use.

7. Milling:

Your dried plantain will be place of milling machine or your pepper grinding machine and grind into powder form.

If your machine is well smooth next stage may not be necessary.

8. Sieving:

This is done with help of Siever this will separate desire particle in one size and unwanted particle in another. If you have smooth grinding this may not be necessary.

9. Packaging:

The flour is weight and packaged into water resistant material or various sizes. Nutrients value and sizes should be well written on the package including your business name and Nafdac registration No. The weight should be well written on it. Various sizes from 500g, 1kg, 2kg many more

10. Sealer:

Already packed plantain Flour should be sealed with help of industrial sealing machine. There are various types of sealer depend on your financial status and how neat you want your products to be . Remember sealer and colourful package you choose may make you ahead of your competitors.

Note, at drying stage you will notice that your plantain is reducing in size or weights don't be surprised this is as a result of reduction in water on plantain. This is normal.

You can find out price of plantain flour in the market by yourself and think if you can produce 1 tons of plantain flour per days and you improve your marketing strategy think of how much will be till into your account per day...

I don't need to do this plus and minus for you. I can only open your eyes into that corner or agro food chain value. I am very sure that no amount of plantain farm you can set up that can meet up your demand when customer start place order for your products.

Feel free to call above mobile or email us. For procurement of your Plantain Suckers and setting up your plantain Plantation.

Visit our blog..www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
Boss, hope u don't go into plantain Flour, that is my target and reason why I want to venture into plantain farming.

I beg leave that sector for me...

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lol....I am not into it, I just try to enlighten my audience on that sector, so that they can take the opportunity.

Even plantain chips, you can make huge amount of money if you know how to go about it...

My next post I will talk on how to make more more ahead of your competitors on the same field
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2020
Weight Balance

I forget to include weight balance
This device is use to weight the quantity of flour before you seal it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / My Friend Resigned From FRSC For Farming, After 1 Year, I Was Surprised - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.