Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison (47498 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Sule Lamido, Sons Arrive Abuja Court / Sule Lamido & Sons, Accompanied By Prison Officials On Their Way To Kano Prison (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Reference(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
And what has happened to Dantata and Sawoe, nothing. They are as free as the air to bribe more government officials when their principals should equally be in the dock and the Company blacklisted and heavily fined as is done in decent societies. Any anti-corruption drive that is partial and does not involve ALL parties to the crime is a waste of time and cannot reform society.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Imokay: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
byrron:
Sule Lamido, the same man OBJ once referred to as one of the incorruptible competent fellas worthy to become the next president of Nigeria? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Jonathan used a similar case against Lamido and sons to scare him away from contesting the PDP presidential ticket in 2014. Most legal prosecution in Nigeria still depends a lot on the disposition of the executive.
The Nigerian judiciary and prosecution is still deceiving itself about it's independence
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
repogirl:
So you have confidently asserted that the depth of use of your brain is really shallow, interesting. Lol! As for your meal, it's on its way, hope you dont choke on it ? undecided

I can't choke on it...

I can assure you on that.

But seriously you are a fine writer but recently your bigotry and pettiness stinks to the high heavens. Get a grip. Educated people learn to overcome such shortcomings. You can do better.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by repogirl(f): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnny1980:

I can't choke on it...

I can assure you on that.

But seriously you are a fine writer but recently your bigotry and pettiness stinks to the high heavens. Get a grip. Educated people learn to overcome such shortcomings. You can do better.
I am a product of my surroundings, if I am tribal, bigoted and all others, dont you think it was influenced by experience?

If I am a bigot, then our dear President and his 'brothers' who he keeps appointing daily are what?

This witch hunt of Lamido and his sons because he openly criticized our dear president before elections is soooooo lame and only those who choose to be blind will think otherwise.

Lamido stole yes, but he is no different than many other governors, former governors, current Senate President and many others who did the same. So if they truly want to purge the system, they should clean it up well and not pick a few here and their because of grudges they have against them. Thats my point.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by NovusHomo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by ollyruffy: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Well done EFCC. They are still many out there working free. They must all pay back.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Imokay:

The Nigerian judiciary and prosecution is still deceiving itself about it's independence

This is another script directed by efcc and produced by the comedic Judiciary as always for the entertainment pleasure of the gullible masses who are the audience in this theater of absurdity watching and cheering over nothing.

Same movie by same directors and producers, same audience/spectators but with different actors.

https://www.nairaland.com/2434266/court-orders-forfeiture-ex-gov-nnamanis/1#35593664
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Wolexdey(m): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
anonimi:

When the SHOW is over for the targeted victims the stealing will CONTINUE unabated because there is no SYSTEMATIC approach that is based on law & order for fighting corruption.

That was the case with OBJ's failed anti-corruption haphazard media shows even with the country at the bottom last of Transparency International rankings.

How many of those jailed by his EFCC are not enjoying themselves when he was also the Baba of Corruption himself with many scandals

It's good seeing the Nation gradually rising up from the menace caused by those thieves who call themselves leaders...Anyway! No need dwelling much on the pains of d past. Let's channel our energy seeing a better Nigeria ahead...

Thanks!
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by mechanics(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
Goodwrk to d efcc.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
If buhari gimme appointment, God know say I go reject am. Cos I no wan go buhari prison.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by chukist: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
They should return those money to their state government account
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
repogirl:
I am a product of my surroundings, if I am tribal, bigoted and all others, dont you think it was influenced by experience?

If I am a bigot, then our dear President and his 'brothers' who he keeps appointing daily are what?

This witch hunt of Lamido and his sons because he openly criticized our dear president before elections is soooooo lame and only those who choose to be blind will think otherwise.

Lamido stole yes, but he is no different than many other governors, former governors, current Senate President and many others who did the same. So if they truly want to purge the system, they should clean it up well and not pick a few here and their because of grudges they have against them. Thats my point.

You are making the same mistakes again dear. Your excuse for not wanting the prosecution of Lamido is lame. So because other governors who you presumed corrupt, (they are still innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, same with Lamido) and have not yet had their day in court
So we should allow him walk away? What difference does your education make if you reason this way?

Maybe Wike should forward memo to Efcc on Ameachi's corruption and if it is swept under the carpet we can start shouting bias.

You are being ruled by error of judgement due to past prejudices. I know you dislike Buhari, but the hate for someone should not hinder you from speaking the truth lest you aren't different from an hypocrite. Isn't Lamido's investigation an ongoing one instituted even before Buhari announced his run for office?

Would it be logical to you if Buhari had intervened in a clearly judicial process that predates him and set Lamido free?

Educated people follow logical conclusions and facts and are not moved by the whims and caprices of their emotions and sentiments.

How many appointees has he made? You should cry foul when his ministerial list is out and 90% are northerners.

In addition, if your environment should negatively affect you then I am disappointed in you. We have people who grew out of slums and went on to become very great people notwithstanding their backgrounds. They could have given the same excuse you are giving now and resorted to crime and other social vices being perpetrated in their various localities. Sounds cool init?

Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by omodayomi(f): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Okay now, good for all. Nigeria shall be great. Judges can play their role, we will play our role as well. Ko ma loo bee
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by amakasul(f): 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
What a shame and family tragedy!

Dantata and Sawoe should also be indicted for paying bribe which encourages corruption.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
unclejb2:
When is EFCC going after Obasanjo, Atiku, IBB, Tinubu, Amaechi? Abi these people no thief money or are they beyond the law?
These one na change agents. Lamido is being hunted because hr didn't decamp with other smart thieves to APC
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by emezieokonkwo: 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
lamido, nna, I am not surprised.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by repogirl(f): 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnny1980:

You are making the same mistakes again dear. Your excuse for not wanting the prosecution of Lamido is lame. So because other governors who you presumed corrupt, (they are still innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, same with Lamido) and have not yet had their day in court
So we should allow him walk away? What difference does your education make if you reason this way?

Maybe Wike should forward memo to Efcc on Ameachi's corruption and if it is swept under the carpet we can start shouting bias.

You are being ruled by error of judgement due to past prejudices. I know you dislike Buhari, but the hate for someone should not hinder you from speaking the truth lest you aren't different from an hypocrite. Isn't Lamido's investigation an ongoing one instituted even before Buhari announced his run for office?

Would it be logical to you if Buhari had intervened in a clearly judicial process that predates him and set Lamido free?

Educated people follow logical conclusions and facts and are not moved by the whims and caprices of their emotions and sentiments.

How many appointees has he made? You should cry foul when his ministerial list is out and 90% are northerners.

In addition, if your environment should negatively affect you then I am disappointed in you. We have people who grew out of slums and went on to become very great people notwithstanding their backgrounds. They could have given the same excuse you are giving now and resorted to crime and other social vices being perpetrated in their various localities. Sounds cool init?
Dont twist my words, read back nad see that I never said he should be let off the hook, I said they should not pick from here and there if they are serious. Most of our politicians are guilty of looting and should be investigated accordingly, not just a few who have stepped on the toes of powerful people.

When I said I was a product of my sourroundings, I meant I have seen bigotry and tribalism first hand. Since independence until now, all I have seen is unfairness to minority tribes, one Nigeria is obviously a scam. If one Nigeria was for real, we wouldnt have muslims in the north fighting and killing christians at any little provocation, we wouldnt have insurgency, we wouldnt have militants resorting to kidnapping foreigners just to get the governments attention, we wouldn't have abject poverty in the south with no iota of development in that area for over thirty plus years after independence. We wouldn't have a President who jumps in and cancels an amnesty deal and negotiations meant to pacify aggrieved southerners without any clear cut alternative but is open to negotiations with mass murderers. Even on the issue of fuel subsidy, eastern states have always paid above the so called subsidised amount, tell me are they not Nigerians?

Until a few years back, the south south couldnt boast of a single city, except for maybe Portharcourt which still wasn't halfway up to Lagos and other Cities in the North and you say I am a bigot, do you blame me?

Anyway I am done with this topic but until your President proves he is the real deal, I will go on expressing my views and anybody against it should please make their way to the third mainland bridge and jump for all I care.

As for his ministerial appointments, I am eagerly waiting, I have even begun putting together my verbal arsenal of weapons because I know he wont fail to disappoint.... lets just wait and see.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by PStacks(m): 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
anonimi:

How many votes (%) did his party, PDP receive in the last elections - presidency, governor, senate, reps, state assembly

It was already the end of Àn era, PDP were already doomed to fail, it doesn't take anything Àway from the popularity of Sule Lamido..

If PDP had dÓne prÍmary elections anÐ sule lamido contested against joÑathaÑ at the prÍmary level, maybe Goodluck would have been first defeated from primaries, but since PDP do ojoro for primaries, their disgrace came at the polls proper..

Back to Sule.. Sule was the head of the nPDP governors but decided to remain with PDP.

Sule is more influential than Chief Servant Babangida Aliyu, he's more popular than Kwankwaso!

He's the next "Aminu Kano" in the North.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by TheFreeOne: 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Any politician convicted of corruption should be given a lenghty jail term. The judges should be wary and not allow lawyers tie down down such cases for long.

But I hope these arrests/court cases are not preludes to selective prosecutions #in the fullness of time.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
repogirl:
Dont twist my words, read back nad see that I never said he should be let off the hook, I said they should not pick from here and there if they are serious. Most of our politicians are guilty of looting and should be investigated accordingly, not just a few who have stepped on the toes of powerful people.

When I said I was a product of my sourroundings, I meant I have seen bigotry and tribalism first hand. Since independence until now, all I have seen is unfairness to minority tribes, one Nigeria is obviously a scam. If one Nigeria was for real, we wouldnt have muslims in the north fighting and killing christians at any little provocation, we wouldnt have insurgency, we wouldnt have militants resorting to kidnapping foreigners just to get the governments attention, we wouldn't have abject poverty in the south with no iota of development in that area for over thirty plus years after independence. We wouldn't have a President who jumps in and cancels an amnesty deal and negotiations meant to pacify aggrieved southerners without any clear cut alternative but is open to negotiations with mass murderers. Even on the issue of fuel subsidy, eastern states have always paid above the so called subsidised amount, tell me are they not Nigerians?

Until a few years back, the south south couldnt boast of a single city, except for maybe Portharcourt which still wasn't halfway up to Lagos and other Cities in the North and you say I am a bigot, do you blame me?

Anyway I am done with this topic but until your President proves he is the real deal, I will go on expressing my views and anybody against it should please make their way to the third mainland bridge and jump for all I care.

As for his ministerial appointments, I am eagerly waiting, I have even begun putting together my verbal arsenal of weapons because I know he wont fail to disappoint.... lets just wait and see.
Repogirl I am terribly disappointed in your line of arguments. More Muslims have been killed by Boko Haram's war on Nigeria than any other religion. It is a fact. And for the south living in poverty without Govt's help. You live in Abuja and is definitely closer to the north, have you seen how their streets are lined with Gold with everyone driving a Porsche? No wonder most have to resort to menial jobs to make it.

As for one Nigeria. Is this marriage of different ethnicities working well for us? Capital No, but that's another discussion for another day.

I have faced more tribal bigotry from a select group of people but I have learnt to judge people based on their individual outlook and behaviors even when the tribe they are from shows overwhelming hate and disgust towards me or my personality. As for cancelling amnesty, What has amnesty done for you as a south south person? Paying militants monies while graduates like you and I who went to school languish in utter poverty without any government support seems right to you. The amnesty programme had a timeline, and its end has come. The deadline was not instituted by Buhari. Go cross check facts before accusing him of something he was never a signatory to.

You have moved away from the topic of discourse to something else. Just calm down and go over your comments. Your bias and prejudice against this man is obvious even to a day old child. I would say it again, you are a fine writer and a beautiful woman going by your dp, but wisdom and posterity dictates that we rise above our pettiness and say the truth no matter whose horse is goard. Is Lamido guilty? I don't know. Does he deserve to be in jail now? That's for the Judges to determine.

Finally, Let me remind you. We were talking about Buhari's bias and vindictiveness as regards you alleging he "sent" Lamido to prison because he criticised him prior to the election. I guess Lamido is someone from the South South now that you would harken to his defense.

Tip Wike to send in the file documenting Ameachi's corrruption. If nothing is done about it or it is swept under the carpet. I would be your number one champion to shout blue murder and bias. It is as simple as that.
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by Ashehu001(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2015
From palace to prison!
Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by anonimi: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2015
PStacks:
If PDP had dÓne prÍmary elections anÐ sule lamido contested against joÑathaÑ at the prÍmary level, maybe Goodluck would have been first defeated from primaries, but since PDP do ojoro for primaries, their disgrace came at the polls proper..

Would you mind telling us who contested against Obama for his 2nd term nomination which our national leader of opposition attended after his $5,000 golden invitation? grin

Re: Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison by naijafella(m): 12:31am On Dec 11, 2015
Ayameze2015:
Bleep u

Slow poke

FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine / 'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / Buhari’s Health: President Should Speak To Nigerians From UK— NLC Breaks Silence

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73