Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon (36890 Views)

Garba Shehu - The President Will Not Take Action That Violates The Constitution / Graphic: Picture Of Bleeding Sheikh Zakzaky With Bullet Wounds And Swollen Face / Babangida: "I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 If I Find One" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by ak47mann(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
ogunaofor:
Igbo people are bad, igbo people carry fake drugs, do 419 , are responsible for all the problems in Nigeria, oya leave them alone now to go and form their own country and stop being a nuisance to Nigeria No. Na waa o for Nigerians. I would have thought the solution to the problem of Ndi Igbo was that simple.
They are hypocrites never take them serious for once.How can you fight to stay with someone you hate it shows u must have a mental problem.Only a mentally retardeddd person will talk and act like them most of them are living in bondage under hausa fulani/kanuris cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
basbone:

what a disgusting crap of shit!!!

Old man, go and celebrate the shameful deeds you've done in ur youth. God will judge you!!!

And if what you said is right.........then you would know that seccession cannot never lead to war except under a tyrant ruler.
And you very well know that the eastern government were not even prepared for any war. The decision to secceed was born out of a distress call by people humiliated and killed. You Gowon knew that there is no way the eastern govt can wage war and win because they did not secceed with any nigerian armoury nor did they acquire foreign armoury against any eventualities. You gowon knew that the easterners believed in live and lets live. So you, as the young tyrant ruler, saw the opportunity to crush them in ur pompous attitude by initiating your 'police action'.

God will certainly judge you, Old man.

Bros I understand your pain for speaking like that. But when you are calm you need to read and ask objective people about the war. The war was declared and the first shot was taken by Biafra. Not until when Ojukwu started taking over other places from the east up to Bendel did they wage a resistant in the west. Stop blaming Gowon for a war Ojukwu declared. Please for once have you sat down to query why in the middle of the heat 'OJUKWU LIED TO HIS IGBO BROTHERS THAT HE WAS GOING TO LOOK FOR INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT BUT RATHER PACKED HIS BELONGINGS WITH HIS CHILDREN AND ESCAPED TO IVORY COAST' living innocent igbos to their fate. Let us face the truth and speak it at all times. I'll prefer if you don't insult in your reply cos I did not insult you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Ofornaira: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
That will never happen....unless in Biafra.... angry
When will u learn ur lesson?. U haven't understood ur stand in this country. The earlier u realize dt the hausas do not regard u pple either, the better for u. Once bitten twice shy, but the yorubas will never learn in this county. It is unfortunate that history seems to be repeating itself in an ugly way on ur side. Since the existence of this country,the hausas would only use u to achieve their political ambitions and dump u. Obasonjo is the only man dt has ever ruled this country from ur tribe,and he was given the opportunity to heal the big wound that was done on u pple by ibb. Even shoniko that ruled was later forced out by abacha. We all know what abacha did to aladikpo diya n co frm ur tribe. U dont expect me to remind u of abiola's case. After all these that have happened, u still sheepishly queued behind bola tinibu to vote buhary. And we can see dt even the tinibu has be sidelined. Learn!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

Even San Marino is smaller dan Lagos and yet they are a Sovereign State, why can't we get want we want.
Because you don't know what you want. We gat to help you.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by muscoliscious(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
basbone:

what a disgusting crap of shit!!!

Old man, go and celebrate the shameful deeds you've done in ur youth. God will judge you!!!

And if what you said is right.........then you would know that seccession cannot never lead to war except under a tyrant ruler.
And you very well know that the eastern government were not even prepared for any war. The decision to secceed was born out of a distress call by people humiliated and killed. You Gowon knew that there is no way the eastern govt can wage war and win because they did not secceed with any nigerian armoury nor did they acquire foreign armoury against any eventualities. You gowon knew that the easterners believed in live and lets live. So you, as the young tyrant ruler, saw the opportunity to crush them in ur pompous attitude by initiating your 'police action'.

God will certainly judge you, Old man.
don't u think a tyrant is there already?
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by kraftykc(m): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
You see, as an Igbo man I don't hold Gowon to any account. He fought a war and though the he fought it was very questionable he has gotten away with it. Also I gotta say I don't care whether we have an Igbo President because honestly I still don't see Nigeria as a unified entity. A Nation State is made of the willing not the subjugated, so as long as the feeling perseveres we are fooling ourselves. An Igbo President may heal some "wounds" but it won't go far enough. Let us have an honest discussion about what we are as a people and whether this Union is worth keeping together. Anything else is patchwork.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

Yea lame, not owned by us buh we rule dz s**t.

Yea you rule this Sh*t( in ur lame words) ...that's all you know aw to do, without gratitude; the real genesis of Igbo's problem

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
sukkot:
i have nothing against igbo but meennnn if igbo become president na boasting dem go take finish us on nairaland. in fact i would have to strongly consider quitting nairaland after that lol

You know I pity Igbos because they are chasing tow rats and will surely loose out on the two. How can you be shouting for Biafra on one side and be asking for Presidency on the other hand? It is a confused statement and they are confused. Believe me the two they may never have.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
zendy:
Gowon is a disgrace to Military uniform he wore. The man is a sociopath who supervised the death of millions on the excuse that he had to preserve the unity of the "British invented fraud" called Nigeria. This same Gowon did nothing to protect easterners as 40,000 of them were slaughtered across Nigeria mainly in the north but as soon the easterners seceded after being remorselessly killed, Gowon marshalled troops to fight to keep them in Nigeria. Why didn't he rally those troops as people were being butchered? Im happy that Gowon is alive to see the Nigeria he committed genocide for become a cess-pit of iniquity. Gowon will still be alive to see Biafra re-emerge.

You are deluded. It was Ojukwu that killed his people for declaring a war when you were not prepared militarily and in all other ramifications. How will you depend on the same people you declared as enemy for food supply? HAve you got no brain?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
NAIRA- NEVER AGAIN IGBO RULE AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
PLEASE TO THE IGBOS HERE I NEED ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS;

1. HOW COULD OJUKWU TTHAT DECLARED WAR ON NIGERIA DEPEND ON NIGERIA FOR FOOD SUPPLY?

2. HOW COME OJUKWU DECLARED A WAR WHEN HE WAS NOT PREPARED FOR IT?

3. HOW COME OJUKWU'S, ACHEBE AND THE OTHER WARLORD'S children did not die during the war, how were they feeding?

4. DESPITE THE FOOD SCARCITY DURING THE WAR WHICH LED TO THE DEATH OF MANY, ACHEBE STILL GAVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WAR AND THEY ARE STILL ALIVE.

5. HOW COME OJUKWU RAN TO IVORY COAST AND LEFT HIS BROTHERS TO THEIR FATE?
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Intrepid01:

Bros I understand your pain for speaking like that. But when you are calm you need to read and ask objective people about the war. The war was declared and the first shot was taken by Biafra. Not until when Ojukwu started taking over other places from the east up to Bendel did they wage a resistant in the west. Stop blaming Gowon for a war Ojukwu declared. Please for once have you sat down to query why in the middle of the heat 'OJUKWU LIED TO HIS IGBO BROTHERS THAT HE WAS GOING TO LOOK FOR INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT BUT RATHER PACKED HIS BELONGINGS WITH HIS CHILDREN AND ESCAPED TO IVORY COAST' living innocent igbos to their fate. Let us face the truth and speak it at all times. I'll prefer if you don't insult in your reply cos I did not insult you.

just see this way: if gowon was in the same shoe as ojukwu, do you think he will not fly out with his family? Even with the weak military strength of Biafra, gowon had to seek foreign assistance; in both military hardware and human expertise in crushing the 'rebels' who were ill-equipped. Thats an act of cowardice as well as a symbolic feature of an inexperienced tyrant!!!
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
i will personally kill any idiotic and foolish igbo man who gets to that seat! we dont want to rule 9ja, we want our biafra period.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
waternopassgari:

Whether Biafra or Nigeria, a President is a President. No one we reject. But eventually wen it happens, try not to die.

One thing is certain, it will happen.

Obama a black American did it for the first time in America.

GEJ a minority ijaw tribe did it for the first time in Nigeria.

Igbos we are talking about Produced the First President of Nigeria Nnamdi Azikiwe and First Military President of Nigeria Gen Aguyi Ironsi.

A riffraff like u will be helpless and watch a Nigeria President of Igbo extraction govern your life, like they once did.

Nothing can stop this fact from materializing.

yOU SEE WHAT AM SAYING. you people don't know what you want. One time you want Nigeria's Presidency, another tinme you want Biafra...lol
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by ak47mann(m): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Intrepid01:
PLEASE TO THE IGBOS HERE I NEED ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS;

1. HOW COULD OJUKWU TTHAT DECLARED WAR ON NIGERIA DEPEND ON NIGERIA FOR FOOD SUPPLY?

2. HOW COME OJUKWU DECLARED A WAR WHEN HE WAS NOT PREPARED FOR IT?

3. HOW COME OJUKWU'S, ACHEBE AND THE OTHER WARLORD'S children did not die during the war, how were they feeding?

4. DESPITE THE FOOD SCARCITY DURING THE WAR WHICH LED TO THE DEATH OF MANY, ACHEBE STILL GAVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WAR AND THEY ARE STILL ALIVE.

5. HOW COME OJUKWU RAN TO IVORY COAST AND LEFT HIS BROTHERS TO THEIR FATE?
Biafra never depend on hausa or yoruba or gowon for anything is already a country.And have her currency schools and hospitals no 4 in your list was a blockade iniciated by demonic Awolowo by now roasting in hell by now cool
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
basbone:

just see this way: if gowon was in the same shoe as ojukwu, do you think he will not fly out with his family? Even with the weak military strength of Biafra, gowon had to seek foreign assistance; in both military hardware and human expertise in crushing the 'rebels' who were ill-equipped. Thats an act of cowardice as well as a symbolic feature of an inexperienced tyrant!!!

Helloooo, Biafra was supported by foreign powers like France, Brazil and others. So you should know Ojukwu did not fight it alone. It was because US and UK supported Nigeria and told France to back out that was why they reduced their support. Having said all that, it was a war How can you blame Gowon for fighting a war Ojukwu declared? say something about that.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
1after:

FACT!

And when they create one,Nairaland is dead.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Tex42(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Neplusultra:
LWKMD!!! Dats all!!!
yeah sis!... We just call it a day right there.

If u ask me, I'll say that the invitation was a well thought and conscious move to ridicule the vampire(Gowon) . The invitation offered him the opportunity to see first hand the southeast and how well it has fared since his reign of tyranny in this said region.

I'm sure he went home after the confession(cos I don't call that lecture) in shame and regret. back to his state where sectarian crisis is threatening the existence of his kinsmen, his region where terrorism thrives, yet he claimed he sort to unit regions when he could not reconcile his kinsmen from bombing themselves into extinction.

I'm sure by now he has come to terms with the fact that karma doesn't hold back on pay back and ensured he got his while there was still life left in him to feel the pain of nemesis.

A man whose house is on fire is busy chasing rats and putting off fire in his neighbour's kitchen.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
ak47mann:
Biafra never depend on hausa or yoruba or gowon for anything is already a country.And have her currency schools and hospitals no 4 in your list was a blockade iniciated by demonic Awolowo by now roasting in hell by now cool

In your dreams.....

Food blockade coming from where? you need to find out.

The major problem about the Igbos is that you take everybody has your enemy. You guys need to take a chill.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tex42:

If u ask me, I'll say that the invitation was a well thought and conscious move to ridicule the vampire(Gowon) . The invitation offered him the opportunity to see first hand the southeast and how well it has fared since his reign of tyranny in this said region.

I'm sure he went home after the confession(cos I don't call that lecture) in shame and regret. back to his state where sectarian crisis is threatening the existence of his kinsmen, his region where terrorism thrives, yet he claimed he sort to unit regions when he could not reconcile his kinsmen from bombing themselves into extinction.

I'm sure by now he has come to terms with the fact that karma doesn't hold back on pay back and ensured he got his while there was still life left in him to feel the pain of nemesis.

A man whose house is on fire is busy chasing rats and putting off fire in his neighbour's kitchen.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
waternopassgari:

Wat puzzles me is how radio biafra has more yoruba listeners than igbo.

cheesy
This cracked me up....cos I remember a certain post by bigfrancis21 that killed me one time
Deaddd

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by ak47mann(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=Intrepid01 post=35707867]

In your dreams.....

Food blockade coming from where? you need to find out.

The major problem about the Igbos is that you take everybody has your enemy. You guys need to take a chill.[/quote The evidence is there you can do your research on that cool
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Neplusultra(f): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
YENN:
He is from Plateau State!! Karma is real! In life, don't ever join hands to kill innocent people because the reward is usally brutal!

Boko Haram crises in the north and Jos/Middle Belt frequent clashes with Fulani herdsmen are more spiritual than ordinary. Those crises will linger more no matter what the government does.

So many innocent bloods of a particular tribe have been spilled in Nigeria by a group of bloody tribe and for those tribe to have peace, there must to total spiritual cleansing and national weeping and reconciliation.

Sword will never depart in the homes of those that kill others by sword; that is the law of nature!
True!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
Intrepid01:

Yea you rule this Sh*t( in ur lame words) ...that's all you know aw to do, without gratitude; the real genesis of Igbo's problem

Go kill ursef mate, if dat will mke u feel beta
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
Intrepid01:

Helloooo, Biafra was supported by foreign powers like France, Brazil and others. So you should know Ojukwu did not fight it alone. It was because US and UK supported Nigeria and told France to back out that was why they reduced their support. Having said all that, it was a war How can you blame Gowon for fighting a war Ojukwu declared? say something about that.

Please.......Did Ojukwu declared war or Biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Neplusultra(f): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tex42:

Lol! @the last paragraph! You are right tho!

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Eshinwaju: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ofornaira:
When will u learn ur lesson?. U haven't understood ur stand in this country. The earlier u realize dt the hausas do not regard u pple either, the better for u. Once bitten twice shy, but the yorubas will never learn in this county. It is unfortunate that history seems to be repeating itself in an ugly way on ur side. Since the existence of this country,the hausas would only use u to achieve their political ambitions and dump u. Obasonjo is the only man dt has ever ruled this country from ur tribe,and he was given the opportunity to heal the big wound that was done on u pple by ibb. Even shoniko that ruled was later forced out by abacha. We all know what abacha did to aladikpo diya n co frm ur tribe. U dont expect me to remind u of abiola's case. After all these that have happened, u still sheepishly queued behind bola tinibu to vote buhary. And we can see dt even the tinibu has be sidelined. Learn!

You are the muumuu.....well versed in tribalism.. cheesy..yorubas voted for buhari because he is a better man than Jonagoat...... cheesy....jona failed the country and was voted out...live with it.....or jump into the lagoon... grin

The way you iboes demonize the hausas....I am surprised they have not cut off all your heads....hausas are human beings just like everyone else and should be treated equally......they dominate politically just because the demographics favour them and yorubas recognise this....deal with it and take your message of hate into the lagoon... grin......the rest of what they did to the Yorubas that u wrote there is nonsense.....they also did it to themselves......it is all about power plus the individual concerned and not tribe.....for example.....did ibb not remove buhari......did murtala not remove gowon.....did dimka not remove murtala....did buhari not remove shagari.....did abacha not remove the all powerful sultan of sokoto.......is lamido not in prison now.....I pray ur hate will not kill you dummy....now get lost... wink
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
basbone:

Please.......Did Ojukwu declared war or Biafra

C'mon Bros, you shouldn't be asking such a question. So you think breaking a country up will be received with a grand reception right? don't be a joker.
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by ElekeNtioba: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
IlekeHD:
So how do you plan on becoming president?

It's not a give-away.

How do you plan to president over people you've openly discussed about killing?

did anybody threaten you??
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
discusant:

You can only boast if you have something to boast for.

Civil war ended and BABA Awo said no matter how much money any Igbo had in his account in Nigerian bank before the war, any Igbo that was able to prove that he/she had an account could be given only £20.

Forty years after the war, the Igbo wax stronger, the SW declare enmity on Igbo because the Igbo is building businesses and landed property in Lagos, while the north has driven southerners away from the north.
.What type of country is Nigeria?
Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Lovelynature(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
General Gowon....Your excellency.....we will not allow that to happen....unless in Biafra......iboe can never rule Nigeria.... cheesy
Who is this idiot hating the Igbos. If I may ask; what have they done to you? This is the problem we face in this country - tribalism. I have been seeing your foolish posts different topics and you keep ranting against the Igbos even when topic isn't referring to them. What is your problem. I hate all this nonsense, we are all human beings, Africans and blacks for that matter if the one Nigeria stuff' isn't strong enough to unite us. Feel free to tell us what the Igbos have done to you or are you hating out of envy.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon by Arosa(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Gowon is right as usual, Nigeria needs an Ibo president. I expect that to happen after Buhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Spotted Chanting War Songs Against Buhari At A Function (Photos) / Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation / Jonathan And Ex-PDP Governors At Halima Babangida's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.