Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? (3684 Views)

Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? / Should Nigerians Be Allowed To Have A License To Own Guns/firearms / Should Women Be Allowed To Vote? They May Not Understand Politics Correctly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Gabry(f): 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2009
Robbery, Killing, Raping, Abusing. . . I mean common, isnt that worse off?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by oluwafemi113(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2009
no
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by bawomolo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2009
gabrywyl:

but what makes homosexuality a sin? Are booty pirates and carpet munchers sinful undecided
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 09, 2009
what people fail to realize is that there are homosexuals everywhere in this world, the only difference is that in Africa they are insulted/persecuted/ look down upon so they strive in underground movements BUT THEY ARE THERE.
homosexuality has been here since the beginning of mankind and it's not going anywhere, that you like it or not.
although it was viewed as sin in Biblical time (depending on how you read your bible)  we cannot take everything that was written THEN, NOW!
let everyone live their lives and accept your brothas and sistas for WHO they are, not WHAT they are doing in their bedrooms. thou shall not judge.
I hope none of the homophobic people on NL ever have a homosexual child/parent/family member.
to each their own!
ps: i rather have a homosexual child than an handicapped one. i rather have a homosexual child than a criminal one. i rather have a homosexual child than no children at all!!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Gabry(f): 3:41am On Mar 09, 2009
bawomolo:

but what makes homosexuality a sin? Are booty pirates and carpet munchers sinful undecided

Im not saying that its a sin but other people says it as a sin so Im telling them that there are other things more worse off than that sef
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by jmsodiah(m): 3:51am On Mar 09, 2009
embarassed we are not animals,gay is bad enough moreless gay marraiges.pls women are all around
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by jmsodiah(m): 4:01am On Mar 09, 2009
gays marraige is not only wrong it would distabilize the very fabrique of our society.do We want were our children have father or mother.its mum mum or dad dad it realy sick
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:49am On Mar 09, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

ps: i rather have a homosexual child than an handicapped one. i rather have a homosexual child than a criminal one. i rather have a homosexual child than no children at all!!!!

MRbrownJAY

You had me going for a while with your post with the whole homos being everywhere and all worht not till the above extract from your post. Now I have no apologies, I am a homophob. Infact I am allergic to homos. Goddamn it!! If I become an OBAMA in future, I will make homos go extinct. ARGGH!!

P.S; Now I'd rather have no kids at all than have a homo.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2009
Okija_juju:

MRbrownJAY
You had me going for a while with your post with the whole homos being everywhere and all worht not till the above extract from your post. Now I have no apologies, I am a homophob. Infact I am allergic to homos. Goddamn it!! If I become an OBAMA in future, I will make homos go extinct. ARGGH!!
P.S; Now I'd rather have no kids at all than have a homo.

if that's how you see it then that is ok, to each their own. good luck in your "bedroom" political career!
if you educate yourself, you will see that even Obama is not against homosexuality,  you can NEVER be an OBAMA with views like yours.

well i suggest you never plan a family then. if you have homosexual children, then they will hide to be themselves, even maybe get married to women but that wont make them less gay.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JJYOU: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2009
we have enough thieves in naija to make robbery acceptable and legal?
we have enough paedophiles to start accepting it as the norm

when do you guys suggest we start accepting every perverted behaviour as norm.
it should be free for all not just the choice sin of the vocal minority.

what a life.

@bomolowo,
such permissive attitude has allowed Western Europe to be the hot spot it is today.  Can you compare the closed societies of Eastern Europe and Africa to Western Europe? the pros still out ways the cons.
this statement of your is utter crap and you know it. come tell that to the british govt whose social security budget is sinking the chancellor.   

the lot that bought into the permisive society are the heavy burden the various states of europe is carrying today. 

why dont you people learn that every action has its consequences good or bad.

if you are interested this is what the homosexual lobby wont want you know

[size=14pt]Do I Become Gay Because Of Money?,help![/size]
« fitconsult on: Today at 11:16:34 AM »

a homosexual white man in his late 30s in my vicinity is asking me out
,he has promised to make life easy 4 me and take me
out of my present condition, but am not gay,do i take this offer just to change and improve my
standard of living?or what should i do pls reply me urgently.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245013.0.html#msg3566180
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by ken2009(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2009
it is only a matter of time before gay people have their way. i dont think a person would in his right mind choose to be gay, i have never heard of it. Being gay could really be a tough burden, imagine hiding who you truly are for your entire life--living a life that is a lie. Before anyone starts to condemn gay people, i urge to look very well within your own family. if you say they should be stoned, how about that your brother, or sister, or nephew, our people say do not throw stones in the market place for you do not know who it will hit!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by benincitys(f): 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2009
ken2009:

it is only a matter of time before gay people have their way. i dont think a person would in his right mind choose to be gay, i have never heard of it. Being gay could really be a tough burden, imagine hiding who you truly are for your entire life--living a life that is a lie. Before anyone starts to condemn gay people, i urge to look very well within your own family. if you say they should be stoned, how about that your brother, or sister, or nephew, our people say do not throw stones in the market place for you do not know who it will hit!!!
tell them for me .
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by handell(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
ken2009:

would av just passed on until i saw ur post----the highlighted question is what i asked my mum when i came out to her about my sexuality. i asked her "do you think this is something i planned or chose for myself, deliberately attracted to the same sex"? "choosing the life of scorn, hate, reproach, isolation, fear,sin and damnation"? she was shocked because she knew she i wouldn't even if i had lost my mind. she just cried.

i have beaten myself down beyond what pples words could ever do to me,---i have wasted too much time and energy hating myself, God and everything else. i have asked endless questions whether God loves me, created me or can change me. its very easy for someone look @ another persons life n highlight the flaws but living that life is an entirely different story, trust me, you wouldnt want to ----luckily pple are quick to castigate and condemn rather show understanding that mite eventually allow pple (gays) see that help is available. what we easily forget is that gay or straight, we are all work in progress.

am not a fan of marriage (gay or straight) but i still believe if u must be married, it should be as God intended.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by desthan(m): 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2009
undecided what the heck
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
gabrywyl:

Actually, there is no such thing as a "worse sin". Sin is sin. Each have the same weight. So long as it's there, it's there.

Now, in regards to this whole "Gay Marriage" issue. . . I don't agree with it. It's really that simple.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2009
Why is this titled this way as if AFRICA is one country subject to the same laws?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
why not everyone is free to marry who he or she love ,
if two men can marry in spain , germany etc the african gay should be allowed to do the same thing
are them not all human?

This makes no sense at all. So if anything holds in Spain, Germany etc, Africans must be follow follow angry
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 5:59am On Mar 25, 2009
Ok so I've stumbled upon this lol!! Um, its very disheartening to read all the hatred towards people who love, One of my vrey best friends is gay. He is in love with a great guy, and they want to be married and have children. (With the eggs of a woman and a surrogate mother of course) But I have to support him. He is one of the best people I have ever met. He is extremely successful, and has an amazing life. I cant imagine telling him he must be miserable and be with a woman when he's clearly not attracted to them. Im just wondering, Are most Nigerians homophobic?? This is something that I'm not going to feel to comfortable with, as I know that I will live in Nigeria someday. I remember I had a convo with my fiance abt this as I thought it may be an issue. I've lived in Africa (of course it was SA where gay marriage is legal) and traveled to many countries there and have noticed the attitude towards gays is not so great. My fiance knows one of my best friends is gay and seems ok with it, but what is the general attitude from most nigerians who have not been exposed to this??
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by ikeyman00(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2009
kia gay again

god oo

haha
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2009
@tiffcisco, please dont come to nigeria with sodomites o. And we dont need people like you to come and destroy whatever we have left, if you are coming to try and tell us that it is alright to be a sodomite.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2009
Oh no sweetie, Im sure he would never move to Nigeria. Hes a New York fashion designer! loL! I just wanted to know how it is VIEWED in Nigeria. My boyfriends family while Christian and doesnt practice this themselves, have had a lot of experience with other countries/cultures and ways of thinking. SO they are are not homophobic, and would never say the horrible things that have been written in here. Though I may never practice this I think its absolutely wrong to write hate mail about a person. This is what bothered me. In my country you could be taken to court for writing such horrible things. While we are all entitled to freedom of speech, if we discriminate against someone its just not taken sitting down. My thing is that I am a christian, and I think we are required to love everyone regardless. This has been an amazing testimony to this guy who has met many "so called" Christians who profess to be followers of Yeshua and act like the devil himself in their speech and the way they deal with those who are in a different place. Thank you!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 1:47am On Mar 26, 2009
@post
A DEAFENING,DEFINITE EARTH SHATTERING,RESOUNDING "NO" DEFINITELY NOT AND HELL TO DA NAW,it is not nigerian neither is it natural and has no place in our culture or society so let the western world keep that part of their sexuality,we r still dealing with the effects of the skimpy outfits,tatoos e.t.c
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2009
lucabrasi:

@post
A DEAFENING,DEFINITE EARTH SHATTERING,RESOUNDING "NO" DEFINITELY NOT AND HELL TO DA NAW,it is not nigerian neither is it natural and has no place in our culture or society so let the western world keep that part of their sexuality,we r still dealing with the effects of the skimpy outfits,tatoos e.t.c

Lol!!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley thats so funny! cuz my bf HATES my tatoos lol!! and they are small and cute!! haha!! He goes, why?? but I like them, so ya anyways, I had to laugh cuz u sound like him with the tattoo issue lol! He made me promise to never get anymore. He says people with tatoos are not serious, loL!!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
lucabrasi:

@post

we are yet unable to deal with the effects of the excesses brought from the west. excessive rights, excessive immorality, excessive body exposure, excessive love of everything that is wanton.

We dont have the resources to deal with the fallout of such nonsense
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Kutey: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
There is nothing such as grave sin as it is we humans that classify sin, God doesn't. Sin is sin.

Most if not all the people shouting no and judging and condeming left, right and centre are having sex before marraige, extra-marital affairs and would gladly rob a bank if they knew they could get away with it so please,

Lets be very careful as God says we should not judge. End of, and its the same mouth we use to condemn others we shall be judged. How can you say they should be killed and stoned to death, does the bible you read promote violence and hatred? Only God knows and he is completely fair, that's all I can say.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2009
Gays (mostly men) would never NEED to rob a bank because most of them do EXTREEMLY well. WHY bc they have to be soooo much better at everything, because they are JUDGED so much by everyone. My best friend who is gay makes $200,000 a year plus expenses, so ya, I doubt he will EVER have any interest in robbing a bank. He's just not attracted to women,
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2009
Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry each other. It is a free world. If you don't like it you can jump off the bridge
The same people shouting abominaton, it is a sin! are the ones fornicating, committing adultery e.t.c
Read your bible very well, no sin pass another
Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
vanitty:

Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry each other. It is a free world. If you don't like it you can jump off the bridge
The same people shouting abominaton, it is a sin! are the ones fornicating, committing adultery e.t.c
Read your bible very well, no sin pass another
Bloody hypocrites.

THANK YOU!!!!! Selah!!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2009
I'm yet to see anyone claim that its alright to fornicate here.

There is no problem with what anybody practices. . . why does anyone have to try and force people to accept abnormal people as normal people?
Why do we send mad people to Yaba left?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
JustGood:

I'm yet to see anyone claim that its alright to fornicate here.

There is no problem with what anybody practices. . . why does anyone have to try and force people to accept abnormal people as normal people?
Why do we send mad people to Yaba left?

@ Justgood
How are gay people abnormal?
Mad people are sent to yaba because they are dangerous
How are gay people a menace to the society?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
Just tell me how a sodomite is normal and I'll let you see that those in Aro will also be normal by your standards.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2009
typical reply . . . didn't expect anything better
I asked you to back up your claims that gay people are abnormal, you said "sodomites"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dayokanu Emerges The EPL Section Poster Of The Year 2010 / Man's reconstructed 'Forehead Nose' (img) / Graphic Photos: A Bird Turns Into An Old Woman In Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.