Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? (3682 Views)

Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? / Should Nigerians Be Allowed To Have A License To Own Guns/firearms / Should Women Be Allowed To Vote? They May Not Understand Politics Correctly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
ohhhh typical name that is called everyone who disagrees with sodomy. . . homophobic

They are sodomites!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
Lol keep avoiding the question
Must be really tough for you when you can't think for yourself.
Can you think of any reason why a gay person is abnormal?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2009
gay people are abnormal because they are doing stuffs which isnt normal in every sense of the word,the fact that white people having accepted it as the norm and then using all their resources media power e.t.c to push it down our throats doesnt make it normal neither.

vanitty:

Lol keep avoiding the question
Must be really tough for you when you can't think for yourself.
Can you think of any reason why a gay person is abnormal?

here is a scenario for you as well, i am free to walk naked and then stand in front  of everybody both old and young and then proceed to self-service off,why should i be arrested?after all its my body you get it?

i can have sex in a public place,even if a primary school happens to be there or children happen to be looking at us,its got nothing to do with me, and i am free to do what i like after all im an adult right??

if i and my partner,either male or female agree to kill one of us in cold blood and fry the meat and one of us consumes it,surely by your reasoning and assertion that is totally legal and the living one eating the dead partner's meat is within his/her right??
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2009
lucabrasi:

gay people are abnormal because they are doing stuffs which isnt normal in every sense of the word,the fact that white people having accepted it as the norm and then using all their resources media power e.t.c to push it down our throats doesnt make it normal neither.

here is a scenario for you as well, i am free to walk naked and then stand in front  of everybody both old and young and then proceed to self-service off,why should i be arrested?after all its my body you get it?

i can have sex in a public place,even if a primary school happens to be there or children happen to be looking at us,its got nothing to do with me, and i am free to do what i like after all im an adult right??

if i and my partner,either male or female agree to kill one of us in cold blood and fry the meat and one of us consumes it,surely by your reasoning and assertion that is totally legal and the living one eating the dead partner's meat is within his/her right??

these examples are SICK!! In what country would this be legal??
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 12:56am On Mar 27, 2009
tiffcisco:

these examples are SICK!! In what country would this be legal??
i agree with you,that is the point im tryna get across,she was askn thew other dude to say why being gay is negative,the popular argument to support them is that they are adults and have a right to do whatever they like so i was super imposing that against other stuffs an adult or groups of adults can do which is considered sick just like being an homosexual,ho[pe you get what im sayn
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 1:08am On Mar 27, 2009
um I guess, but I dont think gays should be compared to lawbreakers and canibals, Thats a bit harsh
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by bigfather(m): 2:22am On Mar 27, 2009
GOD made Adam for Eve and not for Steve !
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 5:22am On Mar 27, 2009
@ lucabrasi
Your reasons are so off the mark
If you go through your post once more you will realise not once did you mention what makes gay people abnormal.
All you did was compare them with wankers in public places, cannibals.
You see those reasons you made are against the law. It is wrong.
Being a gay man/woman is not breking the law in ANY way.
Funny how people condemn it, yet they can't back up their claims apart from referencing the bible
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2009
The fact that this discussion is taking place is enough evidence of their abnormality.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2009
vanitty:

@ lucabrasi
Your reasons are so off the mark
If you go through your post once more you will realise not once did you mention what makes gay people abnormal.
All you did was compare them with wankers in public places, cannibals.
You see those reasons you made are against the law. It is wrong.
Being a gay man/woman is not breking the law in ANY way.
Funny how people condemn it, yet they can't back up their claims apart from referencing the bible

i was actually proving why gays are abnormal,first of all it is not natural either in the religious context,or socio cultural context for same sex to lay together,if you check any history where that happened,it was mainly for ritual/occultic practises before it was widely accepted as the norm,also if GOD intended it to be normal,then he would have allowed men to either have a womb or to birth children from the ass,its like having a toyota corolla engine and working it into a mercedes benz car and just because it works you say it is normal without thinking of mercedes benz views and copyright laws,

the reason why im comparing gays to wankers in public is simply because of the over used excuse you gay supporters use,which is that they are adults and are not hurting anybody,so i was giving you different instances of people going about their business but still hurting ppl,if gay ppl are not breaking any laws then technically speaking if i and my friend decide one of us has to be killed and eaten by the other,and do a video saying we r in mutual agreement,surely going by your premise we are not breaking any laws neither are we doing anything abnormal,right?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2009
sweetie, murder and canibalism IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by mccloud224(m): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2009
Gay marriages,gay couples,gays,gays,gays.Let's talk about gays

(1)The only reason gay marriages were legitimized in developed countries is because of politics.It's for the same reason why women have the upper hand in America.If you are running for the senate in a country where you have free and fair elections (Nigeria not included) AND on your agenda, you are advocating for gay rights?You will definitely have a lot of gay "supporters" and American being a "free" country where you can do "anything",gays are at least 30% or more of the population (including bisexuals).Now, that's a lot of supporters.You'd definitely get the votes.

(2)"Gay hood" spells a break down of the natural order of things.Personally, i call it cowardice.I definitely don't believe all the crap excuses gays (lesbians included) give about bring born "that way".For a guy, he's either been to scared to bond with a female and the only "candidate" he happened across was gay thus the rebellion against the opposite sex.Let me ask something, why do gays have "males" and "females" amongst them?Why do lesbians have a dominant and subordinate?Why do the dominant lesbians dress like men,act like men and wear dildos for intercourse?Why must a Love Machine be there?I thought they were comfortable with their tongues and fingers?Why do they need something to remind them of a man?Ehhn?Lesbians, i dey ask una.

(3)In the bible (Old testament), the punishment for being gay was death by stoning.It's still being practiced in Israel today AND they are an advanced country.Any gay guy thinking of visiting there should think twice.If you look man yansh too much, na death by firing squad.You can Google for gay executions in Jerusalem.

(4)Gay adoption?That is utterly selfish.Kids follow after their parents at a tender age and if they are brought up in a gay "family",then tend to think that is normal and when start getting to their teens and make advances at the same sex, they are ostracized and they wonder why.Secondly,when the get a lil more older, they start wondering why their family is different from others.FOR GOODNESS SAKE, EVEN INSECTS DON'T DO IT.Years ago, an experiment was carried out with lab rats (Gay issues).They dusted a male rat with female scents and all that and another male rat mated with it.After the act, the over 20 rats in the cage descended on the two "actors" and bit them to pieces.What does that tell you?Even rats know it's forbidden.

Enough said.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 3:22am On Mar 29, 2009
tiffcisco:

sweetie, murder and canibalism IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!
same as indescent exposure, not hurting anybody but morally frowned upon by the society as they see it as abnormal.

if you dont get it by now then google the german couple who agreed that one of them should be killed and eaten,the victim was filmed saying he was in total agreement and of sound mind bla bla bla, the question is that if being gay is perfectly normal because they are not hurting anyone,then it stands to reason that these guys are normal as well,if you dont get it by now,im sorry i cant help you better than this!!!!!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Mar 29, 2009
same as indescent exposure, not hurting anybody but morally frowned upon by the society as they see it as abnormal.

you are sick if you think indecent exposure in a public environment is similar to a sexual act in privacy.

I wonder if you nuts consider oral and anal sex "abnormal". Missionary style seems to be the only positions you holy rollers approve.

big father:

GOD made Adam for Eve and not for Steve !

I thought it was Segun and Bola, funny how the first humans have European names. hmm
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 29, 2009
Gosh this gay people keep getting stronger.homosexuality is wrong and God hates you for it.must we bury everything under human right.it's insane
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 8:20am On Mar 29, 2009
lucabrasi:

the reason why im comparing gays to wankers in public is simply because of the over used excuse you gay supporters use,which is that they are adults and are not hurting anybody,so i was giving you different instances of people going about their business but still hurting ppl,if gay ppl are not breaking any laws then technically speaking if i and my friend decide one of us has to be killed and eaten by the other,and do a video saying we r in mutual agreement,surely going by your premise we are not breaking any laws neither are we doing anything abnormal,right?

I rest my case.
What I have realised is that this homophobic people can’t come up with any reason why they see the act as abnormal.
Comparing a homosexual person to a cannibal! Will a gay person ever skin you alive, salt you and start eating you?!
If you going to be so against a practice so you might as well have good reasons than comparing them to indecent exposure
Indecent exposure does harm people. It causes distress to some, might be frightening to others. What two adults do in the privacy of their own home cannot be of any harm to nobody.
Besides, if you decide to kill your friend and eat him, not only will you be classified as a cannibal but it is actually against the law. Read more about “assisted suicide”.
And who is to know if the mental state of your late friend was very disturbed when he asked you to kill him? You see laws are there for a reason.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2009
vanitty:

I rest my case.
What I have realised is that this homophobic people can’t come up with any reason why they see the act as abnormal.
Comparing a homosexual person to a cannibal! Will a gay person ever skin you alive, salt you and start eating you?!
If you going to be so against a practice so you might as well have good reasons than comparing them to indecent exposure
Indecent exposure does harm people. It causes distress to some, might be frightening to others. What two adults do in the privacy of their own home cannot be of any harm to nobody.
Besides, if you decide to kill your friend and eat him, not only will you be classified as a cannibal but it is actually against the law. Read more about “assisted suicide”.
And who is to know if the mental state of your late friend was very disturbed when he asked you to kill him? You see laws are there for a reason.
Following your reasoning, people are free to be gay in the privacy of their home as long as they dont show such tendencies in public e.g. gay couples kissing in public (would that be comparable to indecent exposure?).

The truth is that what society finds acceptable is an ever changing repertoire. A few centuries ago slavery was acceptable, but now it is abominable. Similar is the notion of monarchy, democracy and equal rights.

Discussions like this will never make headway as it is never white or black, but more of shades of gray. You can exhibit your freedom by becoming an homosexual, but we will have issues when your freedom starts to impinge on mine.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2009
@ Biina
Nope you are not following my reasoning at all.
The same law that applies to straight couples should apply to gay couples.
Would it be indecent exposure if a straight couple displays affection in public? If it isn’t then why should it be for a gay couple?
In a case if a straight couple start having sex in public then it is indecent exposure same goes for homosexuals. In everything we do there should be a level of decency and decorum

I do however agree with you though about how society changes. But for a change to happen, people have to take actions. I hope there comes a time when people stop being prejudiced against gay people based on religious beliefs alone.

pc guru:

Gosh this gay people keep getting stronger.homosexuality is wrong and God hates you for it.must we bury everything under human right.it's insane

No i am not gay neither am i a gay supporter; I am much more interested that no one should be discriminated upon just because of who they are
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by dejiariyo: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2009
i am disgusted that no one is talking about the cultural aspect of this issue, for God sake its posted in the culture section,i don't have any problem if anyone choose to become gay or lesbian what am more concerned is the effect this will have on the African society.not all cultural values can be practised in London or even in places like America, if its against their cultural value they will never allow it but why must we Africans always fuss things that are not even in our cultural practises cos you all want freedom?the last time i checked the world is not free that is why you have cultural values which you are not meant to go against.
i forsee some pple will come out one day and say they want a right to sleep with animals cos some pple are doing it in Europe and they have the right to do so as well.i am not against your way of life but you have to mind the effect and what its might have on the society you are.pls and pls i am not anti gay but am a supporter of my culture and heritage and i don't know where it is right for a man to sleep with another man or a woman to sleep with a woman.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2009
bawomolo:

you are sick if you think indecent exposure in a public environment is similar to a sexual act in privacy.

I wonder if you nuts consider oral and anal sex "abnormal". Missionary style seems to be the only positions you holy rollers approve.

dude,like i always do before replying comments,pls try to reply to my comments with a little more decorum,thanks now to reply your comments,is anyone stopping them doing their thing in the privacy of their homes?
no one is stopping them coming to church after all how many gay people have you heard being lynched in nigeria?
even the ones that came to the national assembly,were they beaten or lynched?
where i personally draw a line is legalising it or legalising same sex marriage,that is not right and shouldnt be allowed,after all why do they need the acceptance of a religious albeit constitutional law if not for some perverse satisfaction or devilish insecurity.

i mentioned the indescent exposure ting to show abnormal acts which while not hurting anyone is deemed immoral by the general public,however if you want another example,is dogging hurting anyone?after all they are doing it in the privacy of some bus or caravan,so why do they get told off or arrested by the police,what is the difference between that and being gay?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2009
vanitty:

I rest my case.

do you realise that society to a large extent dictates what is acceptable and what isnt?why should i accept that being gay is perfectly normal just because people like you,caucasians and the western world generally say its normal?
the point of all my preamble is simply that there are a lot of actions you can take in the privacy of your home which isnt right,and if the law as majority of us agree with is morally,culturally and sociologically against gay marriage then what exactly is the problem here?no one is saying they cant do anything in the privacy of their homes,what we are saying is that our laws and statutes frown upon such and should be respected as such,i can eat rice and stew with my hands in the privacy of my own home,i can eat my waste in the privacy of my own home but not in public,how much more something that is universally frowned upon
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2009
@vanitty
The flaw in your counter-argument is the circular reasoning. You implicitly state the acceptance of a gay couples (which is the conclusion), putting them on the same platform as straight couples, and then use that to evaluate their action of showing affection in public. Something is termed indecent exposure because enough people in society find it offensive. Remember the yard stick varies from society to society (try dressing provocatively in certain societies in the middle east!). If gay couples were acceptable in the society, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

A lot of people are homophobic because they cannot relate to it, and only hide under religious tenets to justify their position.

Some people pass comments as if homosexual are fully accepted in the US. I beg to differ, as the issue is still being contested on various fronts.

People that are in support of homosexuals, I wonder what your position is on bestiality, necrophiliacs, and pedophiles? After all,
they only have uncommon sexual preferences.

It is unfortunate, but all men will never be 'equal'. Society will always discriminate, and give preferential treatment, based on several factor including who we are.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 1:24am On Mar 30, 2009
Its not againt the law for gay people to kiss in public, I've taken a pic of my best friend kissing his boyfriend at a bistro one night. The owner and his wife were there and thought it was cute!! Of course we were friends of the owners and they are not homophobic either. Also, we were in China which is an EASTERN country, but the owners were Icelandic. The races of the people there were varied, but I dont think anyone was offended. Im sure there is no law discriminating against gays kissing in public I think its just wherever PDA is not accepted its not accepted gay or straight.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2009
biina:

@vanitty
The flaw in your counter-argument is the circular reasoning. You implicitly state the acceptance of a gay couples (which is the conclusion), putting them on the same platform as straight couples, and then use that to evaluate their action of showing affection in public. Something is termed indecent exposure because enough people in society find it offensive. Remember the yard stick varies from society to society (try dressing provocatively in certain societies in the middle east!). If gay couples were acceptable in the society, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

A lot of people are homophobic because they cannot relate to it, and only hide under religious tenets to justify their position.

Some people pass comments as if homosexual are fully accepted in the US. I beg to differ, as the issue is still being contested on various fronts.

People that are in support of homosexuals, I wonder what your position is on bestiality, necrophiliacs, and pedophiles? After all,
they only have uncommon sexual preferences.

It is unfortunate, but all men will never be 'equal'. Society will always discriminate, and give preferential treatment, based on several factor including who we are.

So your argument is comparing consent between two HUMAN adult to animals, dead people and babies, I hope you see the silliness of your argument.

All I am trying to say at the end of the day is i accept them as people.

I do not have to accept their actions just the same way i do not condone stealing.

It is not for me to judge them start comparing their act to bestiality e.t.c.

I leave all the judgement to God  

Is one sin bigger than the other?

Ain't we all born into sins?

God did not permit you to preach hatred against some set of people,

Didn't God teach love of all?

If you think your route to hapiness is by holding hands or doing whatever with a member of the same sex Good luck to you.

I cannot force my christian belief and morals on everyone
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2009
Vanity I totally agree with you! On the day of judgement, God will judge those who commited sexual sins right up there with those who judge them, because they are technically both sins,

On another note, lol I would like to post this. It was my best friends status on facebook yesterday,

WIlliam,  is so excited that NY Governor David Patterson will be reintroducing legislation to legalize gay marriage in NY State, and this time to a Democrat controlled Senate, what great moments of equality are happening in the USA, my home, cheers to Iowa and Vermont. It will be wonderful to marry my partner in US and not be forced to do so in Europe, though we love Denmark, thank you!

Hmm,  So ya I know they will get married, but he is from new york and would love to do it in his own state!! I believe he has this right!!

Btw I've attached a very cute pic of them,  Well, I think so anyway!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by bawomolo(m): 12:58am On Apr 12, 2009
tiffsco - we honestly don't need to see that pic.   cool

where i personally draw a line is legalising it or legalising same sex marriage,that is not right and shouldnt be allowed,after all why do they need the acceptance of a religious albeit constitutional law if not for some perverse satisfaction or devilish insecurity.

hmm what makes the institution of marriage a religious one?  I thought Nigeria was a secular state or do we have something here.   How do you decide what's right and what's wrong on a moral issue such as same-sex marriage?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 1:24am On Apr 12, 2009
well I think thats the ONLY way you can determine if its right or wrong!!! Obviously, if you have no morals than its fine. If you are in a religion that prohibits it, it is a sin. My best friend who I've been talking about is agnostic, so obviously he has NO reason to believe being gay is wrong, and I have NO right to tell him otherwise. If he confessed christianity, judaism, islam, or any ohter religion that clearly states it as a sin, then I see no problem with maybe thinking that they should consider their acts wrong. Still, they must decide this on their own, and not made to feel alienated by those who think they have all the answers. I have many friends who are gay, and to my knowledge most are prob agnostic or atheist, so they are not doing ANYTHING wrong withing their religion!!!! And that is the ONLY place that can say they are wrong PERIOD!!! America is considered a christian nation (though we most prob have most every religion present in our country, and I think thats great by the way!) so that is why there is such debate over whether it should be legal or not!!! Also, I see nothing wrong with that picutre!! Its two of the most amazing, established, talented, good hearted people I know who happen to be in love with each other. I was much more offended by the hate comment put up here comparing homosexuals to those who have sex with animals and children, and canibals. That saddend me immensely. However, as I have a protected right to post that picture. These people have a right to say the things they say!!! Its the gift and the curse of living in a land with freedoms. BUT, one I would gladly take ANYDAY over being somewhere where others are made to think for me and then tell me what to believe and how to express it!!!!

Ok I have to and taste this lamb! haha!! Tomorrow is our Pesach Sedar, and the lamb my mother has been cooking all day for it has come out of the oven!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!! This has been a wonderful Passover week and I think its so cool it well on Easter this year!!! (Well rather Easter fell during Passover lol. Pesach is the same week every year, and easter is different, Either way still very cool!!!

So, I shall leave on a good note!! Chag Sameach if you're observing Passover! Happy Easter everyone else!! Hope this pic is better lol!! Its a table set for a Pesach Sedar!!! I cant wait, prob mostly cuz I want a sub and we can only eat matza this week lol!!!

Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by lucabrasi(m): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2009
@tiffcisco
while i am still totally and utterly against gay marriage,dont you reckon you r invading your friend's privacy by posting an intimate photo of him and his partner locking tongues?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by asha80(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2009
@tiffcisco

angry undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2009
firstly, they arent locking tongues
secondly, its his fb profile pic
thirdly, if he knew of all the ignorance being thrown out on here,  he would be all for me standing up for the gay rights, and would have prob told me to send others

thank you

Anyway, since there are so many homophobes on here that are probably about to have a heart attack by looking at it I will remove it, Its a beautiful pic though CTAL!!! YU!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 10:14am On Apr 13, 2009
@vanitty
Seems you missed the point.
Who defines an adult, is it not the majority in the society?
Who defines that an animal consents or objects to the act, after all non can communicate to an animal? Same can be said of a corpse.

For your argument of adult consent, maybe we should legally recognize polygamy and polyandry while we are at it?

The society defines what it deems acceptable hence you cannot say it's someone's right or freedom to behave as he deems fit. 'cos when your exercise of your freedom impinges on mine, we will have a problem.

I have no problem with you being gay (and no one should be persecuted for it) , and you can define your union to be whatever you want, but don't tell me that I must accommodate your aberration in my existing definitions, when the majority disapproves.  Accepting gay marriages is a slippery slope, as the aim is beyond just being with a loved one, but rather the legal entitlements that they feel comes with the status. I for one do not want a gay couple adopting kid's.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2009
biina:

@vanitty
Seems you missed the point.
Who defines an adult, is it not the majority in the society?
Who defines that an animal consents or objects to the act, after all non can communicate to an animal? Same can be said of a corpse.

What do you think I mean by consent? By consent I meant approval by the two people involved and until animals and dead corpses can talk and give consent your line of argument I insist is very ridiculous.

biina:

For your argument of adult consent, maybe we should legally recognize polygamy and polyandry while we are at it?

I am trying to figure out how gay marriage equate to polyandry/polygamy marriages
Putting into consideration that gay people believe they had no choice whatsoever into how they are, they believe they were “born gay” to the personal choices of those that choose to marry more than one spouse
also seen as gay marriage is between two people not three, six , ten e.t.c

biina:

The society defines what it deems acceptable hence you cannot say it's someone's right or freedom to behave as he deems fit. 'cos when your exercise of your freedom impinges on mine, we will have a problem.

I hear this “infringement of right” argument thrown about a lot, please do tell how does a legal marriage approved by the state infringe yours?

biina:

I have no problem with you being gay (and no one should be persecuted for it) , and you can define your union to be whatever you want, but don't tell me that I must accommodate your aberration in my existing definitions, when the majority disapproves.  Accepting gay marriages is a slippery slope, as the aim is beyond just being with a loved one, but rather the legal entitlements that they feel comes with the status. I for one do not want a gay couple adopting kid's.

In summary, if you don’t believe in gay marriage, don’t practice it but don’t try and deny those that practice it their personal right just because it contradict your own personal morals or religious beliefs.
I don’t see any legal justification for  gay marriage to be prohibited. We all have to deal with our morals our own way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘meth’- The New Hard Drug Sending Nigerian Youths To Their Early Grave, / Breaking News!!! Biafra Referendum For Self- Determination , by The U.N / Dayokanu Emerges The EPL Section Poster Of The Year 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.