Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? (3683 Views)

Why are flat footed people not allowed in the military? / Should Nigerians Be Allowed To Have A License To Own Guns/firearms / Should Women Be Allowed To Vote? They May Not Understand Politics Correctly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2009
vanitty:

What do you think I mean by consent? By consent I meant approval by the two people involved and until animals and dead corpses can talk and give consent your line of argument I insist is very ridiculous.
so you think all under age sexual relationships are forced. Not so my friend, but rather the society deems that the consent of the underage person is not valid, hence we have statutory rape. Also you seek consent from animals and corpses as evidence, when you cannot provide evidence of their objection. So still, who made the rules? Society.

I am trying to figure out how gay marriage equate to polyandry/polygamy marriages
Putting into consideration that gay people believe they had no choice whatsoever into how they are, they believe they were “born gay” to the personal choices of those that choose to marry more than one spouse
also seen as gay marriage is between two people not three, six , ten e.t.c

A preferential truth. How do you know that people are not gay by choice (the fact that they believe so is insignificant in evaluating its veracity)?, or that people that desire to be married to more than one person do so by choice?. Any body could believe in anything, but that does not make it true.

I hear this “infringement of right” argument thrown about a lot, please do tell how does a legal marriage approved by the state infringe yours?
In summary, if you don’t believe in gay marriage, don’t practice it but don’t try and deny those that practice it their personal right just because it contradict your own personal morals or religious beliefs.
I don’t see any legal justification for  gay marriage to be prohibited. We all have to deal with our morals our own way
It infringes on my right when people that are not contributing to the continuance of the societal existence (by bearing children), seek to reap benefits (e.g. tax deductions) which were aimed at the institution that does so.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by vanitty: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2009
biina:

so you think all under age sexual relationships are forced. Not so my friend, but rather the society deems that the consent of the underage person is not valid, hence we have statutory rape. Also you seek consent from animals and corpses as evidence, when you cannot provide evidence of their objection. So still, who made the rules? Society.

The reason why you cannot provide evidence of their objection is because there isn’t any. Listen clearly; same sex marriage is between two consenting adults, they are not harming anyone. I really don’t see how you can compare them to the criminal act of paedophiles, necrophilia e.t.c

biina:

A preferential truth. How do you know that people are not gay by choice (the fact that they believe so is insignificant in evaluating its veracity)?, or that people that desire to be married to more than one person do so by choice?. Any body could believe in anything, but that does not make it true.

Well are you 100% sure they weren’t born gay? I for one cannot prove whatsoever what ever how they were born, but since all of them say they were born that way, I agree it is the truth from their own point of view.Just because you don't believe it doesn't necessary mean it is not true.

biina:

It infringes on my right when people that are not contributing to the continuance of the societal existence (by bearing children), seek to reap benefits (e.g. tax deductions) which were aimed at the institution that does so.

Following your line of thought, I suppose barren people shouldn’t get the “tax deductions”
By the way what tax deductions are this people “reaping ” off from , isn’t tax deduction based on circumstances and status? So what tax deduction exactly are gay people reaping off?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2009
vanitty:

The reason why you cannot provide evidence of their objection is because there isn’t any. Listen clearly; same sex marriage is between two consenting adults, they are not harming anyone.  I really don’t see how you can compare them to the criminal act of paedophiles, necrophilia e.t.c
Again, you are eager to use societal definition when it suits you. The term adult is defined by the society.  That you feel that pedophiles are criminals is also a societal yardstick.  Necropilia are also not harming anyone.

Well are you 100% sure they weren’t born gay? I for one cannot prove whatsoever what ever how they were born, but since all of them say they were born that way, I agree it is the truth from their own point of view.Just because you don't believe it doesn't necessary mean it is not true.
I never said it was false, but your earlier argument was based on its veracity, which had no premise as you agreed to above.

Following your line of thought, I suppose barren people shouldn’t get the “tax deductions”
By the way what tax deductions are this people “reaping ” off from , isn’t tax deduction based on circumstances and status? So what tax deduction exactly are gay people reaping off?
If they become legally married, wouldn't their status then change?

Like I said earlier, you can be gay for all I care. This is not about sharing your life with whomever you desire. In fact, some religious institutions are willing to solemnize the union.

Rather it is about recognizing gay couples as being legally equivalent to heterosexual couples, hereby, being entitled to same provisions under the laws and statutes. This I disagree with as they differ in certain respects, particularly in the potential to procreate.

If they want legal recognition, let them define a new union for them (which exists in certain societies but the gay community wants more)  and let society accord them the concessions as they see fit, but don't try to get under the existing umbrella of marriage, which from the ruckus, most see as heterosexual in nature (their reasons being irrelevant).
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 14, 2009
@topic

It should not be allowed.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Gabry(f): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2009
Im not really in favour of all this gay and lesbian thing but however, Im not against it as well. To me, God created Adam and Eve and not Adam and Azo but at the same time God created humans with two legs and two hands to begin with yet you see today some people are born with 3 hands and 3 legs. . .

One of my Naija brotha's told me that thou shall not judge God's servants. . . He said it was stated in the bible.

So you guys shouldnt judge gay and lesbian. God created humans and every single human belongs to God, . . So every single human is free to worship God at anytime and anyday despite of the sins which they have done so please just leave the church for them. . Its their life and if you dont like it, just stick to your church and dont mind about other people and dont judge.

God is great and God has a reason for every single thing on earth so I suggest you guys just let it be. Ok?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case scenario

I go to church one day on a Sunday morning. As I entered the church almost all the seats have been taken because I went there a little late. However, there is left with one seat at the back of the church.

I took that seat. I was sitting somewhere in between two people. My left side is a gay guy (everyone knows that he is gay because he is not shamed to admit it) whom happened to have a 3 year relationship with another guy (they both will be heading to Las Vegas the following month to get married and start a new family) and my right side is a father whom is married to his wife for 15 years but he has a deep dark secret where no one knows about this. His deep dark secret is that he rapes his daughter and niece as his everyday hobby.

Now lets say you have no choice but to put your daughter under child care and your only option is to choose the gay guy or the father and you have no choice. . . Lets say you have to choose one and its a compulsory to choose, who would you pick?

The gay guy OR the father?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 6:36am On Apr 14, 2009
wow!!! way to drive it homw gabrywyl!!!! This is the best posting I've seen here tus far. (Not to say there havent been other very good ones!!!) Wow that should say enough!!! Of course I'd leave my child with the gay guy who would love them and give them the same love I would show them!!!! I really think this is the best example thus far! As most people compare the "gays" they speak of as horrible, The ones I know would NEVER hurt ANYONE!! In fact I am more comfortable around them than most people! Perhaps its bc they are sure of themselves and know the good person that they truly are!!!!!!

Thanks again gabrywyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not seen a better example on here than the one you have given!!! (for the record I am not gay. I am engaged to the most wonderful man on earth!!!!! However, I have many friends who are, and it hurts me to see people discriminate against them bc of their choice!!!!
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 6:45am On Apr 14, 2009
tiffcisco:

wow!!! way to drive it homw gabrywyl!!!! This is the best posting I've seen here tus far. (Not to say there havent been other very good ones!!!) Wow that should say enough!!! Of course I'd leave my child with the gay guy who would love them and give them the same love I would show them!!!! I really think this is the best example thus far! As most people compare the "gays" they speak of as horrible, The ones I know would NEVER hurt ANYONE!! In fact I am more comfortable around them than most people! Perhaps its bc they are sure of themselves and know the good person that they truly are!!!!!!

Thanks again gabrywyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not seen a better example on here than the one you have given!!! (for the record I am not gay. I am engaged to the most wonderful man on earth!!!!! However, I have many friends who are, and it hurts me to see people discriminate against them bc of their choice!!!!
and if it was your teenage son?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2009
what a whole load of rubbish!

If we dont want it in Nigeria, take it where it is wanted. Nigerians generally dont want sodomy so why dont you take it to America the home of sodomites?

kini big deal?
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2009
JustGood:

If we dont want it in Nigeria, take it where it is wanted. Nigerians generally dont want sodomy so why dont you take it to America the home of sodomites?

kini big deal?
embassy fit no give dem visa grin
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by Gabry(f): 1:25am On Apr 15, 2009
tiffcisco:

LOL grin Yes dearie, I know u are straight. even if you are controversial, I'll still love you. My best friend is gay and yet he is the most responsible , down to earth and the sweetest guy which I have ever met. Its just a waste cause he is such a handsome guy yet he turned gay. . . Otherwise, girls whom have him would be lucky. cheesy

biina:

and if it was your teenage son?

If it were my teengae son, I would still send him to the gay guy. I know for a fact that this gay guy could be trusted. . . he is just habving a male partner thats all. Its not like he is up to raping or anything.

JustGood:

kini big deal?

If everyone thinks like you (a world without change and civilization), there wont be IT today. . There wont be human rights today. There wont be car, aeroplanes, motorcycle, watch, roller coasters, chocolate and etc etc today) Before, when those inventors created them, other peeps told them the exact thing which you are saying right now but they still went ahead with their plan and look what happen now? We are using their invention to the fullest.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by biina: 7:51am On Apr 15, 2009
gabrywyl:

If it were my teenage son, I would still send him to the gay guy. I know for a fact that this gay guy could be trusted. . . he is just habving a male partner thats all. Its not like he is up to raping or anything.
The initial scenario of a daughter is biased against the heterosexual pedophile as the child is directly at risk of being a victim.
The case of a teenage son is a fairer scenario, in that the primary risk would be either party (gay guy or heterosexual pedophile) influencing the sexual orientation of the kid.

A side note is that pedophilia is considered a crime, and thus the society has a formal instrument that is supposed to dissuade people of such orientation, but both orientations suffer from societal rejection.
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by JustGood(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2009
gabrywyl:

If everyone thinks like you (a world without change and civilization), there wont be IT today. . There wont be human rights today. There wont be car, aeroplanes, motorcycle, watch, roller coasters, chocolate and etc etc today) Before, when those inventors created them, other peeps told them the exact thing which you are saying right now but they still went ahead with their plan and look what happen now? We are using their invention to the fullest.

You are right!

the world should change for the sake of change.
Suggested changes:
*Men/women should start marrying goats
*Kids should have the right to take hard drugs
*Everyone should have the right to steal other people's property
*Men/women should be allowed to beat up one another whenever there are disputes

More changes will follow. . .
Re: Should Gay Marriages Be Allowed In Africa? by tiffcisco(f): 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2009
Just good, hahaha u have so many issues lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Biafra Referendum For Self- Determination , by The U.N / Dayokanu Emerges The EPL Section Poster Of The Year 2010 / Man's reconstructed 'Forehead Nose' (img)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.