Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV (37655 Views)

Amaechi, Yahaya Bello Flag Off Dredging Of River Niger Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterway / FG To Launch Dredging Of 162km Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterways On Friday / Aregbesola Begins Dredging Of Rasco River In Osogbo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by VISTIN(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2015
I'm not surprised, GMB has just released bailout funds. Governors can now dredge all the rivers in their states fir TITANIC to come in.

I hope he won't spend all the fund dredging this canal.

Meanwhile, the guy didn't even settle down before he started all these TV projects. Tribunal still seating.
NL please don't forget to show us pictures when these projects are completed.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2015
baby124:
Leave natural waterways alone and build over or around it. Otherwise nature will find another way to make nature happen which can be disastrous
That's a true Environmentalist speaking. I almost pointed same out. What has he put in place to reduce the negative effect this 'developmental project' might have?
Was proper and comprehensive EIA conducted?
Let's not applaud this move yet especially when the motive was not clearly defined.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by obyno6ix: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2015
Let me explain, Water Side area as it is popularly called is a collection point of all the drainage system in Aba. It appears that the river is no longer flowing properly. I believe there is need for them to clear it to make the other drainage canal flow freely. I think it is the right thing the are doing.

nwabekeyi:
that was what I asked before someone pounced on me.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
And this is called development.

Btw, what is the entire city looking at?

The man operating the machine must be feeling like a star.

I believe the entire state will come out if it's wizkid, including the king.

LoL... fine gal d day I wud remember u in dz Nairaland...dat day one of us wud get banned.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Soknown: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2015
Uunhm, Our (Nigerian) waterways need good management like this to make way for free flow water drainage from towns and villages and enhance increased usage of water transport. Meanwhile I believe this governor is set to work, I also believe the peer review mechanism should be brought back to NGF to encourage other governors to begin to work. No disrespect to Ekiti people #show me no palmie, show me the projects.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by guzo1: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2015
doublewisdom:
Hope this is not an avenue to dredge away state funds.
Hw dat 1 take concern u olodo
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by hensben(m): 8:27am On Jul 10, 2015
Same thing lucky igbinedion did in edo state..pdp will be pdp, this is their normal way of working with no plans(2 months initial gra gra to deceive the people), they want buhari to follow their way. smh.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by lonelydora: 8:29am On Jul 10, 2015
lollystiver:
and what all this town of abia looking @don't day hv job doing Chai abia just too local for my likeness

They are still better than your generations
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by apholaryn: 8:30am On Jul 10, 2015
Evaromantik:
huhahaha for what?
for your jealousy and hatred.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Spells(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2015
nice one...... at least he is making himself useful unlike other poos
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Viktor1983(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2015
Emeanua:
The only reason of dredging is to create a channel for free flow of water from Aba town b/c the drainage channel has all been stuffed with sand at the waterside/carnal.

Correct man. U no chop ur school fees at all.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by kenedy175(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2015
Abia state, one if the biggest villages in Nigeria
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Themandator: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

Flood menace

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2015
AmadiAba:
The Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu today started work on the dredging of the Aba river popularly known as water side, Ogbor Hill Aba.

http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=245
Nigerians r really jobless.... I see many people watching from the bridge. Somebody at work, farm or school will not have time to watch.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Faita: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2015
I like this even if only for its own sake. I would like to know more though. Is this likely to help improve commerce in some way? Aba is a commercial city with resources coming in and merchandise always needing to go out, so effective and efficient transportation would be vital to its development. In short, will this definitely directly or indirectly improve the quality of life for Aba people in some way?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 10, 2015
Its a good move, at least the place will look clean and presentable, instead of complaining Abians should support him, govt from states like Rivers should emulate him, let Julius Berger fix the Eleme Akpajo Roads and stop fixing potholes thats not what Berger is for.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by hubstyga(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2015
abia governor has started work at least ,, many are still celebrating victory
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Zenfarm: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Remember when I used to go to Waterside to swim and pick "okwe". That was as far back as in 1983. Gov Okezie should remember to move the Abbatior from there. They contaminate the water and dispose refuse that affect the flow of the river.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by EmekaBlue(m): 8:56am On Jul 10, 2015
lollystiver:
and what all this town of abia looking @don't day hv job doing Chai abia just too local for my likeness
hahaha...u wont blame them nah...the last idioto governor did nothing. Na new thing fr their eye
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by sellydion: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2015
Obviously NOT dredging.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by slap1(m): 8:56am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?
Some gutters in Aba would be channelled into the river. The dredging is to make the river wider and flowing another incoming water won't create more problems.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Faita: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2015
Also, how is he paying for this work since the Abia State government is also owing its staff? Where is the money coming from?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by kolafas1: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
that was what I asked before someone pounced on me.
so that ships can access it
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by fanzz: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2015
grin

GEJ is working!
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by 400billionman: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2015
Ikpeazu is the man..

Thank God..
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by kraftykc(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Sunofgod:
Should this be a priority?

YES MAN,!!!

If you have now idea of the massive economic potential dredging can provide Google it.

Better transportation of cargo goods, more water for factories and farms etc. It is a massive economic move.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?
free flow of channelled drainages
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2015
UnknownT:
Have you heard this saying before, "ABA NA ANYA"?

@ topic, Ikpeazu's image makers on Nairaland should please try and show his developmental works in other parts of Abia State because they may end up making us believe the governor is ABA State governor
He is doing what he is supposed to do pending the installation of Otti as the people's choice.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2015
UnknownT:

@ topic, Ikpeazu's image makers on Nairaland should please try and show his developmental works in other parts of Abia State because they may end up making us believe the governor is ABA State governor
Aba is in a pitiable state so common sense says that's where he l start

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by asha80(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2015
kraftykc:

YES MAN,!!!

If you have now idea of the massive economic potential dredging can provide Google it.

Better transportation of cargo goods, more water for factories and farms etc. It is a massive economic move.
this is for free flow of drainages and not for transportation

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Kingspin(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2015
UnknownT:

I dont believe i came across this news as the economic hub of abia and East at large. The town have suffer more than any other part of abia state. U dnt stay aba u may not understand. It is aba first and the rest, because every abians and non abians either reside, visit or do busness in aba even people across the country are not left out. So, to save Abia u got to save Aba.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2015
redsconsult:
why dredging a local canal.. called river... will it be of economic importance to the people of abia...will it accommodate cargo vessels or oil and gas vessel.. while dredge a cannal without proper concrete plan because sooner or later the dredged particles and materials will find its way back to the cannal..millions of nigeria money will be wasted to this elephant project
think before you talk please........he is dredging there for two reasons

For free flow of drainages channeled to that river
For beautification because the enyimba hotels near the river is being remodeled

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Old Woman Carried On The Back To Vote In Bayelsa (Photo) / Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket Caused APC’s Defeat In Lagos: Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Solomon Dalung: Why I Wear Khaki Uniform, Red Beret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.