Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV (37746 Views)

Amaechi, Yahaya Bello Flag Off Dredging Of River Niger Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterway / FG To Launch Dredging Of 162km Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterways On Friday / Aregbesola Begins Dredging Of Rasco River In Osogbo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2015
God pls use this man to make my dead state alive again...
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by cj91(m): 9:20am On Jul 10, 2015
Finally there is hope for us here in Aba, God bless okezie and i wish he continue this way. Am 100% sure only Lagos can rival Rival Enyimba in terms of IGR. thanks
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Sgthenrycopper(m): 9:20am On Jul 10, 2015
ogba20:
. Must u comment? If u dont knw what to say u keep quiet. U jus so irritating.

hes just asking a question
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 10, 2015
chigoizie7:

He should start from somewhere nah, AbA makes almost all abia money, (IGR) and neglected for years, let him give them a face lift 1st.

Nwanne ori e nwa mbe, isi gi no der
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2015
cj91:
Finally there is hope for us here in Aba, God bless okezie and i wish he continue this way. Am 100% sure only Lagos can rival Rival Enyimba in terms of IGR. thanks

I dey tell uu, at sum point I ws ashamed of comin frm dz state.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

To prevent silt deposition from affecting water flow which may exacerbate flooding if not checked

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:23am On Jul 10, 2015
Captainswag225:
the increasing rate of villagers in nigeria is very worrying. So common dredging can attract a large crowd like dis? Wahala
towner
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by 400billionman: 9:24am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

For beauty
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by 400billionman: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Sunofgod:
Should this be a priority?

Should building a new government house, building private duplexes for rent by the Ex state governor be a better priority .
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chigoizie7(m): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

Nwanne ori e nwa mbe, isi gi no der

Nwanne munwa aburokwa nwa abia ooh, mana onye fu eziokwu nya kwuo ya.
Sure, isi gi no dere too.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chigoizie7(m): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

I dey tell uu, at sum point I ws ashamed of comin frm dz state.

Lolz, check well, Anambra pass them.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2015
chigoizie7:

Nwanne munwa aburokwa nwa abia ooh, mana onye fu eziokwu nya kwuo ya.
Sure, isi gi no dere too.
Buh serz if dz dude can change Abia like Fashola did Lagos I'll be so happy
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by dechiome(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2015
Why comment out of ignorance?.

Residents of Aba suffer a lot from flooding during d rainy season because channelization was expected to empty into IMO river thru okpor hill area. Unfortunately this river area presently is completely blocked, Hence d urgent need for dredging.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chidexy(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2015
nigerianvenom:
Whats d essence of d dredging of this lake?

To improve the flow of the river. All drainages in Aba empty into it.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2015
chigoizie7:

Sori I dnt get, pass dem in wat sense?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by mekanaky: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2015
THIS MAN SHOULD CALM DOWN. YOU DONT RUSH WHEN BULDING ABA.
"IF U BEND DOWN U GO SEE ABA''

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by ideatoprince18(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?
....I guess ur grandfather will know d ansa to your question?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2015
chigoizie7:

nwanne kedu ihe ichoro ibido kita?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by joejoe3: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

The river is not flowing well. The nearby abattoir and market are highly polluting the river.
The stagnant state of the river is making the area highly unhygienic. This will help definitely.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2015
For people who are commenting out of ignorance......

Waterside as that place is called is the end point of all the drainages in aba so after de-siliting of the the drainages that river should be dredged to make way for easy flow of water

The enyimba hotels. Just beside the river which has been laying waste. Is being remodeled and that place will be beautified.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Abagworo(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Normality:

Do u know Aba river at all?

T.A dregded the other side of it with tiny flow path like this one, the other side of Okpu-Umuobo waterside, and it kinda looked good and people relaxed at the banks as relaxation spots.

Beside Aba river, there are some parts of it that is very large, like if u follow from Aba Malting plant down to the Hausa Cow base near Waterside Bridge, that part of the river is so large, if the river could be dredged from there to the inner parts, it could be used for inland transportation.
From there u touch to back of Glass Industry to Aba malting plant and even as far as Onumiri in Okpu side.

It will cost money tho, but if that kind money dey, people could be using that water way to move with speed boats and its likes.

The River actually bursts to Atlantic ocean via Azumini and Opobo. That is why you find a lot of Rivers people settlements on the banks. Most of them are from Bonny and Opobo.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by dechiome(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2015
joejoe3:

The river is not flowing well. The nearby abattoir and market are highly polluting the river.
The stagnant state of the river is making the area highly unhygienic. This will help definitely.
The government of Abia St must relocate the Abattoir b4 d completion of the dredging if the objective is to completely solve d problem of Aba floods.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by pstaustus2011: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

You go skl at all??
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by idugbe(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2015
@Op: The swamp boogie is Dredging too close to the bridge. There is a minimum distance or clearance permitted by the law when Dredging close to a bridge and am very sure that these guys are not complying.
Am happy for Abia people for this development though but safety standards should be maintained at all times.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
dechiome:

The government of Abia St must relocate the Abattoir b4 d completion of the dredging if the objective is to completely solve d problem of Aba floods.
a circular to that effect has already been issued.....a new standard abattoir is currently being built in osisioma for them
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by captainzero(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
thats not really a good start sha. you need to start from that port harcourt road inside aba town down to there main park, then u know u have started work not this cheap irrelivant show.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by basilo101: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
redsconsult:
why dredging a local canal.. called river... will it be of economic importance to the people of abia...will it accommodate cargo vessels or oil and gas vessel.. while dredge a cannal without proper concrete plan because sooner or later the dredged particles and materials will find its way back to the cannal..millions of nigeria money will be wasted to this elephant project
Haba. Dredging is not only for vessels na. Maybe just to allow water to flow freelly out out the gutters to avoid flooding

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by IGBOSON1: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2015
I'm still waiting to see the point of this man.....i'm just not feeling him! By now we should have seen new economic policy initiatives and moves to attract investors to the state!

Within a month of Obiano becoming Governor of Anambra state he had already won me over, and you could see the direction his governance was going!

There's something wrong with Abia state but i just can't put my finger on exactly what the problem is!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by kodlins(f): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2015
hensben:
Same thing lucky igbinedion did in edo state..pdp will be pdp, this is their normal way of working with no plans(2 months initial gra gra to deceive the people), they want buhari to follow their way. smh.

Lucky suspended the dredging of Ikpoba because 'Ogun and all those una deities ' started causing accident on the road.

It took the Oba coming to make sacrifice to appease them. Hence he had to stop the project

Tell me what APC had done except to commission haphazard road project.. an example is 2nd east circular that he couldn't construct to the end.. not even reaching Nepa.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chigoizie7(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

Sori I dnt get, pass dem in wat sense?
IGR
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by IGBOSON1: 10:01am On Jul 10, 2015
All that muck they're scooping out from the river bed.....i hope they'll evacuate it properly, otherwise it would find it's way back into the water after a couple of heavy downpours!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chigoizie7(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
nwanne kedu ihe ichoro ibido kita?

Nwanne mmadu, biko gbaghara, onwero ihe m choro ibido.

Ekwuhie go m onu. Anwula.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Vs Fayemi: Who Commissioned More Projects Within Their Respective 4 Years / Governor Aregbesola Asked People To Fast In Osun & Was Mocked / Recall Senator Rafiu Ibrahim For Kneeling Before Saraki- Kwara South Unity Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.