Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV (37744 Views)

Amaechi, Yahaya Bello Flag Off Dredging Of River Niger Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterway / FG To Launch Dredging Of 162km Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterways On Friday / Aregbesola Begins Dredging Of Rasco River In Osogbo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chigoizie7(m): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2015
sylarsquins:

Buh serz if dz dude can change Abia like Fashola did Lagos I'll be so happy

Sharp, who no like better thing?

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by nwadiuko1(m): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2015
chigoizie7:

Nwanne mmadu, biko gbaghara, onwero ihe m choro ibido.
Ekwuhie go m onu. Anwula.
udo diri gi nwannem
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by onlykach: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2015
This is not dregding, he is clearing the water way for easy flow of water....

The is a tactics of stealling money. he should award all the roads in Abia State to julius berger before we believe he is working ...

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Otoms: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2015
This is useless how can this man engage in such work while he knw very we'll that most important roads in Aba is still undone. Such as ngwa road, omuma, osusu, obohia, cemetery, Ohanku, peoples rd, Ehere, etc all these rd are not federal road. Then the federal road that is very important to Aba ppl are as follows ~ pH rd, asa rd, abayi, ukpakiri, umungasi to bata junction, old express, umuoba rd, ETC all this roads I mention as somebody that lived in Aba throughout his life he suppose not to go by now need those roads and start dredging a river for tourist or what, pls let me not be misunderstanded this is not what he suppose to do by now.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by hensben(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2015
kodlins:

Lucky suspended the dredging of Ikpoba because 'Ogun and all those una deities ' started causing accident on the road.

It took the Oba coming to make sacrifice to appease them. Hence he had to stop the project

Tell me what APC had done except to commission haphazard road project.. an example is 2nd east circular that he couldn't construct to the end.. not even reaching Nepa.
I understand you are a die hard pdp.. If only you know how edo state look before oshiomhole you will not be saying this. How about schools across the state huh, during lucky(that goat) student were sitting on the floor., how about 5 junction, ring road, the list goes on n on. pdp wan remain for power by fire by force to continue the looting even if nigerians are dying of poverty, unstable electricity, poor road/railway network, high cost of living, poor health care, high mortality rate, immorality....
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by eagleeye2: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2015
As bad as OUK is, as bad as T.A. ORJI is, they didn't owe us salaries. Now HERO Ikpeazu is here and has refused to pay workers in Abia State.
Ndi Ngwa na so una want am.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by kodlins(f): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2015
hensben:
I understand you are a die hard pdp.. If only you know how edo state look before oshiomhole you will not be saying this. How about schools across the state huh, during lucky(that goat) student were sitting on the floor., how about 5 junction, ring road, the list goes on n on. pdp wan remain for power by fire by force to continue the looting even if nigerians are dying of poverty, unstable electricity, poor road/railway network, high cost of living, poor health care, high mortality rate, immorality....

And Oshomole is better??

He is doing worse than Lucky. See how he cut 8.5% from civil servants on the guise of pension scheme. A scheme without any pension fund company. Or is it Akugbe ventures.

We all know how he has empowered the Eye con fraternity which he belongs to.

My point is, there is no need calling Lucky when your beloved APC is doing same
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by jeoprince250(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2015
lollystiver:
and what all this town of abia looking @don't day hv job doing Chai abia just too local for my likeness
u r a big f**l for saying dat. We ve seen you working class personnel. Wat are ur achievement.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by hensben(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2015
kodlins:

And Oshomole is better??

He is doing worse than Lucky. See how he cut 8.5% from civil servants on the guise of pension scheme. A scheme without any pension fund company. Or is it Akugbe ventures.

We all know how he has empowered the Eye con fraternity which he belongs to.

My point is, there is no need calling Lucky when your beloved APC is doing same
lucky n oshiomhole can never be same..lucky is most wanted by good edo people. if he is that good to oshio's caliber h would have still be relevant in politics so you see. Empowered eiye confra? how? any proof? or you just spewing trash as usual(normal pdp way of been an opposition).
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by SergeAlain: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Guy aba river is the terminal point for most of the drains in aba. once it is cleared and dredged, then flood water will no longer sit on the roads. Then you can repair the roads.

Without dredging this river, any thing done on the roads would be a total waste of money.

Otoms:
This is useless how can this man engage in such work while he knw very we'll that most important roads in Aba is still undone. Such as ngwa road, omuma, osusu, obohia, cemetery, Ohanku, peoples rd, Ehere, etc all these rd are not federal road. Then the federal road that is very important to Aba ppl are as follows ~ pH rd, asa rd, abayi, ukpakiri, umungasi to bata junction, old express, umuoba rd, ETC all this roads I mention as somebody that lived in Aba throughout his life he suppose not to go by now need those roads and start dredging a river for tourist or what, pls let me not be misunderstanded this is not what he suppose to do by now.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by vikstandon(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Suborned:
Should this be a priority?
If u understand the reason y Aba is always flooded after rainfall, u won't make that statement.

If u understand that the river at waterside need to be drained to allow for free flow of water from drainage terminal and to minimize stagnancy, u will also not ask that question.

He is an Environmentalist... He has a vision to sanitize Aba Metropolis... quit criticism and give ur support

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by sweetgala(m): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2015
emperormero:

That's a true Environmentalist speaking. I almost pointed same out. What has he put in place to reduce the negative effect this 'developmental project' might have?
Was proper and comprehensive EIA conducted?
Let's not applaud this move yet especially when the motive was not clearly defined.

True, it is beat not to impede the course of a river; however we all know that dumpingbof refuse into that river is the reason it's banks and bed is shallow
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by pasol4real(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
why are you harsh for nothing, I asked a question that deserves an answer. Is he dredging for intr-aba boat transport or for something esle?
Dont mind him there is nothing wrong with ur question .
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by eazydon(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2015
lollystiver:
and what all this town of abia looking @don't day hv job doing Chai abia just too local for my likeness

This particular river and the bridge including its surroundings is what contributed in giving Aba its 'dirty town' status. I have always thought that any government that comes close to rehabilitating that place must be a serious one. Its one of the most important axis in Aba as the brigde connects more that 6 roads and a major entry pointto the city of Aba from Uyo, Calabar, and Umuahia

Besides, butchers have used that particular waterside as their workshop for years making it look despicable with a very offensive odor all the time

This river overlooks the very magnificent Enyimba hotels that has been left comatose for years by previous governments and is set to be revitalized by the current governor.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/29/abia-government-to-renovate-abandoned-enyimba-hotel-others/

I am very happy for this development

Abia State Government said on Monday that it would soon commence “massive” renovation of abandoned property in Aba and other parts of the state, including Enyimba Hotel, Aba.

This is contained in a statement issued and signed by Mr Godwin Adindu, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu, and made available to newsmen in Umuahia.

It quoted Adindu as saying that the initiative was part of the government’s policy on Aba Urban Renewal.

The statement expressed regret that the hotel complex, located on the shores of Aba waterside and abandoned for over two decades , had been taken over by illegal squatters and miscreants.

“Government is aware that over the years, illegal squatters and miscreants have turned the place to their abode.

“Government is therefore, serving notice to all the illegal occupants in the building to vacate the place within one week of this notice”.

The statement said that the relevant government agencies had been directed to begin massive rehabilitation of the building. (NAN)

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/29/abia-government-to-renovate-abandoned-enyimba-hotel-others/

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by jeoprince250(m): 10:49am On Jul 10, 2015
UnknownT:
Have you heard this saying before, "ABA NA ANYA"?

@ topic, Ikpeazu's image makers on Nairaland should please try and show his developmental works in other parts of Abia State because they may end up making us believe the governor is ABA State governor
what u said is true but aba is the worst, so I think he wants 2 start 4rm the areas that needs serious attention to the others
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Codims82(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2015
I hope this is not the more you look the less you see. I have known him as a man of pedigree but he must not dance to the tune of his oga at the top, else...
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by blackcookie(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2015
This is not dredging. This is desilting to remove debris which should be a routine that the tormentor before him never deemed neccesary.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by pasol4real(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Menh dis ikpeazu guy is definitely anoda Sam mbakwe .
Belive u me at the end of his tenure abia wud b one of the most developed in Nigeria.
The city of aba wud regain its lost glory n might even surpass Lagos n Other Major cities .i say dis cos i hav seen the governor s resolve ri transform aba particularly to a world class city.If u add dis to the spirit of aba this feat wud definitely be achieved in less dan 8 years.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Mbediogu(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

There is no river in Aba, only one small streamlet. That was how a certain SE governor hoodwinked his people claiming that after dredging a flood channel ships will be coming into the state from Europe and America thro the Atlantic. Billions of dollars were diverted and the dredged area remains what it has been- flood gutter. Meanwhile civil servants are owed almost one year in salaries.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by chrisdoller(m): 11:24am On Jul 10, 2015
ABA NA ANYA shocked
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Sunofgod:
Should this be a priority?
To avert flood in Aba, since u Don't know why dredging is done in this SETTING
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Iko5000: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2015
If you call that dredging you need your head fix
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by iamceejay(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2015
I hope someone can differentiate between dredging and clearing of water ways. You can't dredging a canal such as the one in Aba.

Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by simplisity(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2015
Kudos to him. I wish he will finish d project, let it not be one of Nigeria governmnt start and drop project, usin it as an avenue for embezlemt. Water resources remain one of d most contributor of economic growth of a nation, which have remain un-tapped in nigeria.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Ladycloud(f): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2015
lollystiver:
.....nigga ...Lemme just hold my comment... so am local shebi.... between me and u who local pass?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by conyema12(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
And this is called development.

Btw, what is the entire city looking at?

The man operating the machine must be feeling like a star.

I believe the entire state will come out if it's wizkid, including the king.

That is the Aba na anya syndrome that characterize every Aba person.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by fm4real2k6(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Vicadonis:
Abia has a Hero in this man. When will Osun get theirs

Funny,

Well Aregbesola in Osun too started like him, dredging rivers up-and-down the state. But now he has become a villian.

As to your ''hero'' in Abia, time shall tell.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
Dredging it for what?

Another hater but still wear MADE IN ABA.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by Ponponkon: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
ndufrank:
@ Op and Oga Ponponkon has anything been done to that uncompleted 7 deck at Faulks road Aba?
not yet bro
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by azpekuliar: 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
Normality:

Do u know Aba river at all?

T.A dregded the other side of it with tiny flow path like this one, the other side of Okpu-Umuobo waterside, and it kinda looked good and people relaxed at the banks as relaxation spots.

Beside Aba river, there are some parts of it that is very large, like if u follow from Aba Malting plant down to the Hausa Cow base near Waterside Bridge, that part of the river is so large, if the river could be dredged from there to the inner parts, it could be used for inland transportation.
From there u touch to back of Glass Industry to Aba malting plant and even as far as Onumiri in Okpu side.

It will cost money tho, but if that kind money dey, people could be using that water way to move with speed boats and its likes.

Do you live in Aba currently? Ogbor hill used to be my stomping ground back in da day, mid-90s. There's used to be this abandoned structure at foot of Ogbor-Hill, probabaly was meant to be a hotel or something. You happen to know what's become of it?
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by peacetravel(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
nwabekeyi:
why are you harsh for nothing, I asked a question that deserves an answer. Is he dredging for intr-aba boat transport or for something esle?

That is the first step to

Solving drainage problems in Aba.
Re: Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV by kraftykc(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
asha80:
this is for free flow of drainages and not for transportation

Dredging must lead into somewhere else won't it? It will create other shallow waterways which can be used for transportation.

If it's mere clearing of drainages they should not call it dredging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Ozekhome Explains Why Judge Refused To Send Kogi Senator To Prison / FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Deborah Samuel: Christian Association Of Nigeria Declares Nationwide Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.