Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. (111487 Views)

Free Range Snail Farm Construction System.(videos) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

So what's the slime used for?

Good for asthmatic patients (curative) and also used in making body creams that regenerates the skin. Its the in-thing now in cosmetic products worldwide. Google snail slime cream.

More farms.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Acidosis(m): 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Kindly provide accommodation for SNAIL BABA
grin grin
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by cbaba: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
So u say i buy like 1000 snails for 200 which is like 200k. After 5 months how much will i sell when they are big?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by mekybabe1: 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thank you so much for sharing this!
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
cbaba:
So u say i buy like 1000 snails for 200 which is like 200k. After 5 months how much will i sell when they are big?

After 5months you should be having at least 20,000 snails excluding mortality and other factors. You can sell off your breeders then for 300 or 250 if you like.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Smooyis(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good effort. Keep it up.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by clip: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

After 5months you should be having at least 20,000 snails excluding mortality and other factors. You can sell off your breeders then for 300 or 250 if you like.

Good and informative tread.
What is the cost of feeding them to maturity?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by hurlar2014(m): 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Awesome
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
clip:

Good and informative tread.
What is the cost of feeding them to maturity?

Their food will be part if the construction we will do for you. It will be on ground. You can supplement with poultry mash.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Godson1996: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
How do I get in touch with you. Am interested in this since I have a parcel of land. Contact me on godsong2000@hotmail.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by emonkey(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Mortality can be quite high , and you seem to have only painted a rosy picture. You can expect as much as 10% mortality even in wet season. In dry season you may be unluckier. Also snails are very moody creatures and when you have overcrowding, as when you say 1000 can turn to 20,000 you will have problems , and they usually resort to cannibalism . Yes, snails eat up one another including shells. What about ants ? If a big enough army of soldier ants discover your snail farm, you can lose all of your snails in just one day. I will advise that anyone should first try on a very small scale first before spending so much money and time on this quite risky venture. I am talking from experience.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
emonkey:

Mortality can be quite high , and you seem to have only painted a rosy picture. You can expect as much as 10% mortality even in wet season. In dry season you may be unluckier. Also snails are very moody creatures and when you have overcrowding, as when you say 1000 can turn to 20,000 you will have problems , and they usually resort to cannibalism . Yes, snails eat up one another including shells. What about ants ? If a big enough army of soldier ants discover your snail farm, you can lose all of your snails in just one day. I will advise that anyone should first try on a very small scale first before spending so much money and time on this quite risky venture. I am talking from experience.

Those things you complained about have been factored into the construction.

The breeders field is different from the babies field and also different from the harvest fields. Cannibalism has been greatly reduced as a result of this.

Ants' problem has been anticipated from the beginning and knowing fully well that ants don't fly, a system has been put in place to take care of them too.

In this system the snails are in all round season as they get water evertday. There is artificial irrigation system set up in all the fields.

7 Likes

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
I love snails eating snails in afang soup, but I don't touch raw ones...slimmy something angry.

It's only cassava I have planted successfully, bc I love akpu (friedplantain, kill yasef tongue). Any other isn't for me_ welldone @ OP.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by chimoskyg(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
I luv snails
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Visocrate(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
very nice business thinking of starting it very soon
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by rastamouse: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
#teamsnailfarming repping in Ghana. Big ups
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by dennismukoro(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
whats your location and did u use in threating the soil because of ant want to start a snail farm
Afrocatalyst:

Those things you complained about have been factored into the construction.

The breeders field is different from the babies field and also different from the harvest fields. Cannibalism has been greatly reduced as a result of this.

Ants' problem has been anticipated from the beginning and knowing fully well that ants don't fly, a system has been put in place to take care of them too.

In this system the snails are in all round season as they get water evertday. There is artificial irrigation system set up in all the fields.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
dennismukoro:
whats your location and did u use in threating the soil because of ant want to start a snail farm

Lagos.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
how do you guys get buyers for your snails.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
teeowl:
how do you guys get buyers for your snails.

We go into written contract with our farmers to buy their snails once ready for harvest.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by dennisworld1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Lagos.
far presently in delta
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Godset1: 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
And..
Bros seriously, like How much will it take me to construct on a plot of land of 50 by 50 meters. Both materials & workmanship.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by dennisworld1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
i have a plot at my backyard. Planning to start but scared of this soldier ants wants to know what u use in treating the soil
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by dennisworld1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
also what will be the cost of bulding it
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by adexycomputa: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
Pls, i am intrested in snail farming and i want u to send more abt d free range and other info abt it to my email add: abdulakeemade@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by planetfood: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nice one bro following this tread bumper to bumper, I would not mind if u can pls send me a quotation of a land of 100 by 100 at emioghai@gmail.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Mamaflex(f): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
cool
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by arkonpoint: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
confirm post, thumbs up op
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by obua: 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
Vegetation
how do you ensure that the planted vegetation is sufficient for the snails considering the fact that snails eat a lot of vegetation

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by FarmTech(m): 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Yes. There is the fabric of it and the synthetic. The client's choice finally. The fabric is more expensive and can last 10yrs and above. While the synthetic has a shorter lifespan.
Thanks. Pls where did you buy yours?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by aigjoey(m): 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
pls estimated cost of 50by 50 plot of land.I am so interested. hopefully we do business together soon. send to finejoephrasa@yahoo.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records / Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... / Medication/vaccination Time Table For Poultry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.