Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,234 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. (111481 Views)

Free Range Snail Farm Construction System.(videos) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by melakes(m): 7:04am On Sep 06, 2015
wow...ds is great! thnx a lot for the pix. Now, its time 4 srs biz.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by automania: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Vegetation is a very important process. The waiting is worth it. You should strive to achieve something like this.

And this can be achieved with some exotic seeds like kale,cabbage,lettuce etc. The germinate in 7 - 10 days after planting their seeds. And they get to maturity like the one below in 70 to 100days. Provided a good potty soil is used and there is constant supply of water (irrigation)

Planting seeds is better than stem planting.
So at what point do you introduce the breeder snails? After 7-10 days or after 70-100 days?
Thanks for all the info.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
automania:

So at what point do you introduce the breeder snails? After 7-10 days or after 70-100 days?
Thanks for all the info.

Some of the plants we use reach maturity in 55 days after seed planting. So we introduce the snails a week before the 55th day. The ones that attain maturity in 70 to 100 days are used for the growing fields,not the breeders field.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
Shelter.

How much will it cost for u to do something like this for me?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

How much will it cost for u to do something like this for me?
On what size of farm? Sizes in ft pls.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by amerengues(m): 12:04am On Sep 14, 2015
Pls how much will you set up this snail pen construction on a plot of land? Pls cost and a good feasibilty studies. It seems you have skipped this frequent question. Thanks. More grace to you.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 5:26am On Sep 14, 2015
amerengues:
Pls how much will you set up this snail pen construction on a plot of land? Pls cost and a good feasibilty studies. It seems you have skipped this frequent question. Thanks. More grace to you.

Send me a mail to Afrocatalyst@gmail.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Abbey1987: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Please how much will u charge for constructing this on a plot of land 100 by 50... thanks
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 9:04am On Sep 14, 2015
Abbey1987:

Please how much will u charge for constructing this on a plot of land 100 by 50... thanks

Send me your mail to Afrocatalyst@gmail.com
We will send you list of materials you will need. You can do it yourself. But we can come do it for you too if you want.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Abbey1987: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Send me your mail to Afrocatalyst@gmail.com
We will send you list of materials you will need. You can do it yourself. But we can come do it for you too if you want.

I will want you to come and do it for me...
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2015
Abbey1987:

I will want you to come and do it for me...

Ok. Where is the place located? Send me a mail.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Getting ready...

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Jesusbaby6(f): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
Getting ready...

Good day sir, you have a mail.
God bless
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Good day sir, you have a mail.
God bless

Replied!
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by automania: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
Partner(s) needed for snail farming.
Hi guys, I am looking for serious minded investor/partner to start a snail farm with who can afford to invest 1.5m.
I already have a plot of land at Arepo behind Punch office Lagos.

I will also provide personnel to manage the farm and security.

We plan to run it on the Australian free range system(that is the reason for the need for capital), starting with 2000 snails with projections to harvest more than 40,000 in 6 months period and then repeat. With this projection we are looking at over #10m in a year.

If you are interested call or email Automania to set up a meeting.

Call 08062187803
Email osnoko@gmail.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by millhouse: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
doesnt look as it sounds

automania:
Partner(s) needed for snail farming.
Hi guys, I am looking for serious minded investor/partner to start a snail farm with who can afford to invest 1.5m.
I already have a plot of land at Arepo behind Punch office Lagos.

I will also provide personnel to manage the farm and security.

We plan to run it on the Australian free range system(that is the reason for the need for capital), starting with 2000 snails with projections to harvest more than 40,000 in 6 months period and then repeat. With this projection we are looking at over #10m in a year.

If you are interested call or email Automania to set up a meeting.

Call 08062187803
Email osnoko@gmail.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by tayo52: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
dennisworld1:
i have a plot at my backyard. Planning to start but scared of this soldier ants wants to know what u use in treating the soil
Am a novice cos I don't have a farm yet,after constructing your pen,dig round ur pen like u are making small gutter round ur pen,den pour black oil round inside the gutter,then u can fumigate your pen so u can kill those ants that are inside the pen already,I guess with that no ant can enter ur pen again

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
pls what's the specie of this snail.and how much
does it sell now on wholesale .and how long will it
take a snail to achieve such size under normal
condition. pls reply ASAP.

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
crossblane1:
pls what's the specie of this snail.and how much
does it sell now on wholesale .and how long will it
take a snail to achieve such size under normal
condition. pls reply ASAP.

Achatina Marginata.

2.5 yrs to 3yrs. That's assuming that coconut is the size am thinking.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Achatina Marginata.

2.5 yrs to 3yrs. That's assuming that coconut is the size am thinking.
thanks but it not the coconut but the snail size itself.I meant how long will it take to attain that size from hatching. and what's the current market price of such size of snail.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
crossblane1:
thanks but it not the coconut but the snail size itself.I meant how long will it take to attain that size from hatching. and what's the current market price of such size of snail.

Put a ruler beside that snail so I can see the size.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2015
pls what do u think about this

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 11:57am On Sep 17, 2015
crossblane1:
pls what do u think about this

This is so much stress nah. Just get three tyres and put them together,cover with net and Stone and you're good to go.

Snails can be reared in so many cost effective ways for home use BUT when you're going commercial, it's a different ball game o.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

This is so much stress nah. Just get three tyres and put them together,cover with net and Stone and you're good to go.

Snails can be reared in so many cost effective ways for home use BUT when you're going commercial, it's a different ball game o.
so is there anything wrong with this pattern.pls reply
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Neduzze5(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
crossblane1:

There's nothing wrong with it but where's the door??
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

There's nothing wrong with it but where's the door??
that's a fridge placed downward so the door is up which I covered with net.do u have any advice for me
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
crossblane1:

No.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Neduzze5(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
crossblane1:
that's a fridge placed downward so the door is up which I covered with net.do u have any advice for me

I mean, how do you access the snails? Do you have to remove the whole net before accessing them and if so, is that not going to be quite stressful?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

I mean, how do you access the snails? Do you have to remove the whole net before accessing them and if so, is that not going to be quite stressful?
yes I will have to remove the whole net before I can access the snail and no it's not stressful at all.and it didn't cost me much to setup the housing.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by crossblane1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

I can start with 10ft by 10ft to experiment with but i have more than 4plots of land at my disposal if i want to go into it on a larger scale.

#how many snails will the 10ft by 10ft take?
#also will it be possible to also send me the list of materials to see if i can do it myself as an experimental small project?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records / Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... / Medication/vaccination Time Table For Poultry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.