Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. (112717 Views)

Free Range Snail Farm Construction System.(videos) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
FarmTech:

Thanks. Pls where did you buy yours?

Lagos Island
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by daniel456: 3:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Boss Drop your contact
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by InvertedHammer: 4:04am On Aug 28, 2015
/
Just curious...have you figured out what preys on snails? How do you intend to scare or keep them off?

/
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by kgr8mike(m): 8:24am On Aug 28, 2015
Please dear your contact will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by 400billionman: 8:31am On Aug 28, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Yes. There is the fabric of it and the synthetic. The client's choice finally. The fabric is more expensive and can last 10yrs and above. While the synthetic has a shorter lifespan.

Can I use my expired mosquito net. ?

Hehe. Brain man.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Julietekekwe1: 8:52am On Aug 28, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
I shall be showing you images of the free range snail farming technology we construct. This technology boasts of being the best in achieving maximum yield and reproduction in snailery,especially for the Archatina species (fulica,marginata,archatina).

With this technology,you will achieve table sized snails in 6months as against the popular 1year 6months. Free range is the best for snail farming as against those who construct pens and boxes for snails.

Credit must be given to whom its due. This technology was inspired by the Australian free range snail farming technology,though they breed a different specie of snail from ours.

The sample we will be showing here is constructed on less than half plot but can house up to 50,000 snails(3,000 adults starting stock). We can replicate on even bigger land spaces of up to 10 acres.

We are readily available to construct these farms even outside Nigeria for those willing to do snailery the right and certain way. Its easy and convenient to manage,basically plug and play once we are through.

Hope its worth your time and investment if you can only have the vision to make snail meat (which is a better meat than beef,pork and goat) readily available and affordable in the Nigerian market. smiley
My brother when u are through pls update us.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Jesusbaby6(f): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2015
Pls sir send an estimate for 50*50 to my mail ibisojacob2000@yahoo.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2015
kgr8mike:
Please dear your contact will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by tolexy007(m): 9:52am On Aug 28, 2015
this is what we youth should be doing for ourselves, noting killing ourselves for the politicians who don't care if we exist.... bro God bless you for this info

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by 400billionman: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I love snails eating snails in afang soup, but I don't touch raw ones...slimmy something angry.

It's only cassava I have planted successfully, bc I love akpu (friedplantain, kill yasef tongue). Any other isn't for me_ welldone @ OP.

Hi
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Dreyl(m): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
Yummy.

The best meat you can find around. Low cholesterol,good for diabetic patients and nice for keeping fit. Also helps the heart function maximally.

From the shell to the slime to the meat,all useful.
mehn I love this.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by chuxgrant: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
How much will it cost to setup the farm above?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by dare0834(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Please send me details and cost estimate if you are to set it up for me.

my email address is dare834@gmail.com
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Waper2(m): 11:45am On Aug 28, 2015
Pls ur fone number
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Jesusbaby6(f): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Are you on whatsapp
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by emonkey(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
obua:
how do you ensure that the planted vegetation is sufficient for the snails considering the fact that snails eat a lot of vegetation
Good question , just expect that 100 medium size snails will eat equivalent of about N200 worth ugwu every day . That is a lot of vegetation. You can't plant that in the same farm. You will probably need to buy.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by MistaHumble(m): 11:03am On Aug 29, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Please boss, I need your advice on something. I have seen a lot of people saying they like to eat snail but touching it raw because of how slimy it is has been their problem.

I want to see how I can start snail packaging, that's like doing all the necessary washing involved and removing all the slimy texture and dirt, then packaging it as ready to use (cook/fry/drill) and supplying to food stores, restaurants & hotels around me.

My question is after the washing & treatment done is there any thing I might need to do before packaging so that it can stay fresh and remain good for consumption if well preserved? Please I need your urgent respond to this and I will also like to know were I can be getting regular supply in bulk at cheap prices as I am based in Lagos.

Thank you.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
MistaHumble:

Please boss, I need your advice on something. I have seen a lot of people saying they like to eat snail but touching it raw because of how slimy it is has been their problem.

I want to see how I can start snail packaging, that's like doing all the necessary washing involved and removing all the slimy texture and dirt, then packaging it as ready to use (cook/fry/drill) and supplying to food stores, restaurants & hotels around me.

My question is after the washing & treatment done is there any thing I might need to do before packaging so that it can stay fresh and remain good for consumption if well preserved? Please I need your urgent respond to this and I will also like to know were I can be getting regular supply in bulk at cheap prices as I am based in Lagos.

Thank you.

Very good. Send me a whatsapp message on 08073122596.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
emonkey:

Good question , just expect that 100 medium size snails will eat equivalent of about N200 worth ugwu every day . That is a lot of vegetation. You can't plant that in the same farm. You will probably need to buy.

The more reason we don't construct only one snailfield in a farm,no matter how small the perimeter is.
Minimum is four for large farms and two for spaces of 10ft by 10ft and less.

Vegetation is very important and the process must be gotten right. We advice different crops per each field. The more the merrier and the more active they become cos then,they have more varieties.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by melakes(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Thnx OP 4 all d info so far. plz may i ask....knowing full well that exposure to sunlight cud reduce d productivity of ds snails, dont u tink d pen shud b covered or better put, from ur experience does ds open pen not affect egg productivity?
thnx.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Pavore9: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2015
A snail farm in Kenya, the only one in Kenya as Kenyans don't eat snails as they detest it just as many of us hate snakes. The snails in the pictures are consumed by foreigners. The farm produced about 12,000 snails annually.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by kentochi(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2015
Pavore9:
A snail farm in Kenya, the only one in Kenya as Kenyans don't eat snails as they detest it just as many of us hate snakes. The snails in the pictures are consumed by foreigners. The farm produced about 12,000 snails annually.
I have this before and I love her style of farming.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2015
melakes:
Thnx OP 4 all d info so far. plz may i ask....knowing full well that exposure to sunlight cud reduce d productivity of ds snails, dont u tink d pen shud b covered or better put, from ur experience does ds open pen not affect egg productivity?
thnx.

The top of the internal snail fields will be covered with net. And the tope of the whole farm will be covered too with net and cut palm leaves will be put on top of them to serve as sun shades. Will post a picture soon.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Pavore9:

Yes. That's another method (intensive tho).

Intensive snail farming is good and require more amount of time and effort on the side of the field maintainance. Free range is better and requires less amount of time and effort. One produces fresh snails while the other produces snails with dried shells.

Will soon start a thread on the third method that tops these both.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Pavore9: 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
kentochi:

I have this before and I love her style of farming.
She said in an interview that in 2007 she visited Obasanjo who is her father's friend at his Ota farm, it was OBJ who encouraged her to start the farm.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by kentochi(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pavore9:
She said in an interview that in 2007 she visited Obasanjo who is her father's friend at his Ota farm, it was OBJ who encouraged her to start the farm.
Wow!
She will go places.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by melakes(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

The top of the internal snail fields will be covered with net. And the tope of the whole farm will be covered too with net and cut palm leaves will be put on top of them to serve as sun shades. Will post a picture soon.

ok...i await ur pix, thnx a lot.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2015
Irrigation system and plantation.
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by micjaga: 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
So now that you've finished that , do you have to wait for the plants to grow first before bringing in the snails and how long will it take ?
Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
micjaga:
So now that you've finished that , do you have to wait for the plants to grow first before bringing in the snails and how long will it take ?

Vegetation is a very important process. The waiting is worth it. You should strive to achieve something like this.

And this can be achieved with some exotic seeds like kale,cabbage,lettuce etc. The germinate in 7 - 10 days after planting their seeds. And they get to maturity like the one below in 70 to 100days. Provided a good potty soil is used and there is constant supply of water (irrigation)

Planting seeds is better than stem planting.

Re: PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. by Afrocatalyst: 4:13am On Sep 05, 2015
Shelter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maize Farming Startup / Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records / Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.