Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS (2434 Views)

I Will Continue With Jimoh Ibrahim When We Meet Face To Face - Fani-kayode / As Economy Declines, Buhari Revives Jonathan’s Agric Policy He Suspended / We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by GreatSoul: 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
@bolded
But their propaganda was that GEJ did not accomplish anything aside from looting and corruption undecided

Permanent secretaries in the agriculture and water resources ministries met with President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja yesterday, following which the president said his administration would continue with the previous government’s agricultural expansion drive.

Buhari assured that therewould be no policy change to affect already running programmes in the Ministry of Agriculture , especially the Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GESS).

The president has further directed the Ministry of Agriculture to adopt and fine-tune a blueprint formulated during his tenure as chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) on ending farmers/ herdsmen clashes across the country.

This was disclosed by Sunny Echono, permanent secretary in the ministry of Agriculture, after briefing the President on the activities of the ministry.

The Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GESS) is a Federal Government initiative instituted by the past administration to actualise the Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA). It is aimed at subsidising the costs of major agricultural inputs, such as fertiliser and seedlings for farmers.

Based on the GESS policy, the Federal and State Governments are to equally contribute the balance of 50 percent, being the approved subsidy amount for onward payment to participating inputs (fertilizer) ...

...There will be no policy change, the GESS is the most effective, transparent and accountable way of ensuring farm inputs get directly to the farmer without intermediaries and without all the various corrosive behaviour that used to tempt the process.. So we are on course with the project and we have the support of all the states” he said.

“So it a continuum, we did not envisage much change interms of policy but ensuring that those things that work, work , and correcting those things that are not working very well to ensure that we derive maximum efficiency from our efforts” he added.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/buhari-says-will-continue-with-agric-policy-gess/#.VZ7vZPddXSI
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Sunofgod(m): 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
. wink
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Vicadonis(m): 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
The same Agric policy they campaigned against before elections... #WEHAVEBEENSCAMMED

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Young03(m): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
am just looking dem

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good
After all na agriculture money we use start naija crude wey som ppl dey claim say 'our oyel" now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Buhari has no option than to continue with GEJ policies. Just a pity Jonathan will not be on seat as his policies yield fruits cry. Just this week alone 2 automobile companies begun their operations in Nigeria, that's added to the others already on ground. GEJ auto policies yielding fruits.

Our transportation system has changed for the better. Some years back planes fell off the skies like birds. Now we have more airports both local and international, efficient safety precautions and more airlines. The railways albeit not where we want it but steps have been made to resuscitate it by GEJ. We only hope Buhari continues with the revival.

All in all, Na GOD win. With time even the staunchest critic of GEJ will admit they voted out the best. Buhari government never even get shape, talk-less of moving undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
15million Nigerians owe GEJ an apology.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by GreatSoul: 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Thebachelor:

I tell you!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by GreatSoul: 12:03am On Jul 10, 2015
calebo101:
Buhari has no option than to continue with GEJ policies. Just a pity Jonathan will not be on seat as his policies yield fruits. Just this week alone 2 automobile companies begun their operations in Nigeria, that's added to the others already on ground. GEJ auto policies yielding fruits.

Our transportation system has changed for the better. Some years back planes fell off the skies like birds. Now we have more airports both local and international, efficient safety precautions and more airlines. The railways albeit not where we want it but steps have been made to resuscitate it by GEJ. We only hope Buhari continues with the revival.

All in all, Na GOD win. With time even the staunchest critic of GEJ will admit they voted out the best. Buhari government never even get shape, talk-less of moving undecided

It still baffles me that soo many people could not look beyond all the propaganda to see the good work that was going on quietly under GEJ. It must have been mass hypnosis!

But like you said, in the final analysis, na God win. But lets' give honour to whom it is due.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by gentleoyink: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Some people sha. I hope the agriculture you are referring to is not the groundnut pyramid o

Emeskhalifa:
Good
After all na agriculture money we use start naija crude wey som ppl dey claim say 'our oyel" now

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Dannyset(m): 12:26am On Jul 10, 2015
OP, u are not being truthful........go and check everything PMB and APC said during the campaign. They never for once went against or attacked the Ministry of Agriculture, and that was why Buhari supported and pushed for the Minister to become the President of AfDB. Infact he was the best Minister in GEJ's administration.
U people need to give urself some break.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by GreatSoul: 12:43am On Jul 10, 2015
@Dannyset

In other words, PMB and APC knew inside them that GEJ was making some positive impact on the economy but yet chose not to give him credit? They rather used propaganda to get him out of office so they can continue with his good works?

Thank you for acknowledging this one fact at least. As the days go by, we shall hear more about GEJ's silent work. Yesterday was about the automotive policy yielding fruit, today was about GESS policy, tomorrow will be about....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
Good

But na awa oyel nw, abi na u get am?
E dey ur stream or una desert?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by arbitter: 12:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Thebachelor:

Yeah right because his Agric Policy somehow solved the other 99 Problems we have in this country Huh?
Some of you are just so fvcking ldiotic.

P.S Nobody can get to power without doing atleast 1 good thing, but when you have someone who does 5 Terrible things for every 1 good thing its in No way 'Sane' to keep telling people to keep him in power. Less i remember this Man oversaw a period which tens of billions of dollars were stole, over 10k Nigerians killed, all kinds of corruption everywhere. These ALONE CLOUDS whatever achievements he had.

Anywhozies, Elections are Over. If you were so confident about his Policies maybe you should have spent your time campaigning based on them instead of wasting months trying to damage Buhari/APC's image with all kinds of propaganda. REMEMBER THAT? Or are you gonna pretend you didnt do that?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by obailala(m): 1:11am On Jul 10, 2015
GreatSoul:
@bolded
But their propaganda was that GEJ did not accomplish anything aside from looting and corruption undecided
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/buhari-says-will-continue-with-agric-policy-gess/#.VZ7vZPddXSI

Vicadonis:
The same Agric policy they campaigned against before elections...
#WEHAVEBEENSCAMMED

Can you guys kindly point out 1 single news report or 1 single video or audio or even gossip tabloid where any single person in the APC condemned GEJ's agric policy during the election campaigns. If you guys cant provide any of such evidence, then you have just proven yourselves to be plebs.

I personally cannot remember any time when anyone in apc condemned the agric policy of GEJ. As a matter of fact, the first thing PMB did following his election victory was to nominate GEJ's agric minister for the african development bank presidency.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 10, 2015
arbitter:

Yeah right because his Agric Policy somehow solved the other 99 Problems we have in this country Huh?
Some of you are just so fvcking ldiotic.
I stopped reading your comment after that last word. From it I deduced that you are yet to reach puberty. I'd rather spend my valuable time interacting with adults.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by GreatSoul: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2015
@obailala

If GEJ was doing the right thing in some of the critical aspects of our economy, did your masters ever acknowledge that? While they may not have openly condemned agric policy, manufacturing policy and the more you are about to see, they did heckle him out by capitalizing on the inability of many Nigerians to look beneath the surface.

Even on the issue of BH that they decisively condemned him for, what is the new, unknown, sagacious and concrete moves they are making about dealing with the issue? None. Every single step so far in this direction are the same ones GEJ took for which he was roundly vilified by the same people!

The new wife should remember that the cane used to drive out the first wife is waiting for her.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by GreatSoul: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2015
@arbiter,

I will reserve my comment on your statement below until some other news unfold into the public space
what GEJ was actually doing about corruption in this country.

In the time being, keep in mind that the major
grouse the opposition based their propaganda of a campaign on was corruption and insecurity beacuse
the next thing PMB and his cohorts will be trying to sell to you now is that 'corruption has become so
endemic we need time to deal with it and we don't have the magic'

P.S Nobody can get to power without doing atleast 1 good thing, but when you have someone who does 5 Terrible things for every 1 good thing its in No way 'Sane' to keep telling people to keep him in power. Less i remember this Man oversaw a period which tens of billions of dollars were stole, over 10k Nigerians killed, all kinds of corruption everywhere. These ALONE CLOUDS whatever achievements he had.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by arbitter: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2015
Thebachelor:
I stopped reading your comment after that last word. From it I deduced that you are yet to reach puberty. I'd rather spend my valuable time interacting with adults.

Says an ldiot like you.
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 10, 2015
Buhari will be an old dullard grandpa... why must he continue with d 'said clueless reforms'?... He must change all of ds o....
Berem, Demdem, Omenka wat do u think? Dont u think GEJ was clueless even wit ds GESS policy?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Demdem(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2015
crixtex:
Buhari will be an old dullard grandpa... why must he continue with d 'said clueless reforms'?... He must change all of ds o....
Berem, Demdem, Omenka wat do u think? Dont u think GEJ was clueless even wit ds GESS policy?

Fool, if only u are smart enough, u will see that a sane soul has given u a perfect response. DO u still have to show to me how useless u are?

obailala:

Can you guys kindly point out 1 single news report or 1 single video or audio or even gossip tabloid where any single person in the APC condemned GEJ's agric policy during the election campaigns. If you guys cant provide any of such evidence, then you have just proven yourselves to be plebs.
I personally cannot remember any time when anyone in apc condemned the agric policy of GEJ. As a matter of fact, the first thing PMB did following his election victory was to nominate GEJ's agric minister for the african development bank presidency.
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Vikkie14: 10:07am On Jul 10, 2015
GEJ was a Leaderu with Class.

If all the Past and Present Government OUTSTAND Jonathan's regime, then He STAND-OUT among them.

We really don't know what we've got until we lose it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by mrvitalis(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2015
First of all no body Condemed the agric ministry and more or less the industry ministry
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, if only u are smart enough, u will see that a sane soul has given u a perfect response. DO u still have to show to me how useless u are?

Lol... so demdem aka dekdek aka orlando owoh aka ojucrook.... can b pained.... o ti beere....
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Demdem(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
crixtex:

Lol... so demdem aka dekdek aka orlando owoh aka ojucrook.... can b pained.... o ti beere....

Pained because u chose to talk foolishly...........Are u ok? grin grin
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Demdem:

Pained because u chose to talk foolishly...........Are u ok? grin grin
Lol... y do u ve several nom de plumes?
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Demdem(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
[s]
crixtex:

Lol... y do u ve several nom de plumes?
[/s]

Bumkum.... grin
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Bumkum.... grin
Lol... werey guy... I dey feel u and barcanists for ds forum... arr u also ngenekwenu...
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
[s]
crixtex:

Lol... werey guy... I dey feel u and barcanists for ds forum... arr u also ngenekwenu...
[/s]

Demdem:
[s][/s]
Bumkum.... grin
Re: Buhari Says Will Continue With Agric Policy, GESS by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]
buh demdem I wan ask u.. y u hate GEJ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Replies To Garba's Tweet On Buhari's June Rating / Fresh New Photos Of Buhari's Meeting With Obama At The White House / Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.