Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari (27162 Views)

Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) / Please Let Us Review The Amnesty Programme: Buhari / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by midolian(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured international investors of the readiness of his administration to continue with major privatisation programme started by previous governments but with “improved moral architecture.”

The President gave the assurance on Tuesday at a business forum organised by the United States Chamber of Commerce and The Corporate Council on Africa, in continuation of his four-day official visit to the US.

He called on US investors to take advantage of the nation’s liberal trade and investment climate by investing in the various profitable businesses available in Nigeria.

According to him, his government’s intention was to continue to create enabling environment for future investments to thrive in the country.

He said: “It is my intention to create the necessary environment for future investment in Nigeria.

“We are the most populous nation with largest market in Africa with vast human and natural resources and blessed with abundant young skilled workforce.

“We are therefore a proud candidate to become the destination of choice for United States investments in Africa. I will work assiduously to welcome new investors to our country.

“I will like to remind you all that we are continuing in major privatisation programmes with sectors ranging from telecommunication, energy, gas, solid minerals, aviation, health and infrastructural development, but with improved moral architecture. We will also simplify visa procedures based on principle of reciprocity.

“May I, therefore, seize this opportunity to formally invite the American business community to take advantage of our liberal trade and investment climate to do profitable business in Nigeria”

The President further urged the American business community to take advantage of the excellent political relationship between the two nations to expand trade and investment activities, including joint venture projects in priority sectors of the Nigerian economy, adding that the private sector must assume increasing role as part of the engine of growth.

According to Buhari, his government would specifically welcome genuine investors who were willing to embark on solid mineral exploration in Nigeria.

He also pledged that his administration would fulfill its key campaign promises which included creation of employment opportunities for millions of Nigerian youths.

He added: “Employment generation was one of my key campaign promises. I will do my best to keep this promise.

“There is no other way to expand economic opportunities and create employment opportunities for millions of our youths than boosting domestic manufacturing, undertaking infrastructural development and industrialisation.

“Let me repeat, Nigeria will partner with genuine investors who are willing to join us to achieve our economic objective and at the same time realise handsome returns to recoup their investments.

“There is more to Nigeria than oil. This is why I will continue to stress the need for increased United States investments in our non-oil sector.

“In this respect, the present administration will be attentive to the needs of the business community and pursue policies that will strengthen the sectors that drive the growth.’’

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/21/we-will-continue-with-jonathans-privatisation-programme-buhari/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
God Bless PMB

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
Peace be unto ye observation observer..

2 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Meiji(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ah... one of my biggest fears has been allayed. I had feared that the Buhari administration may seek to reverse the privatization and take the sector back to government control. Thank God he has said he won't.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by midolian(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lemme maintain this position and wait to see if the wailing wailers won't praise baba for this.

See them wailing below(mogidi, bobolil, pointB and co). There is nafin baba can do to please them. I urinate on you all angry

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by boboLIL(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
U r not impressin wid dah c0ck and bull story

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by boboLIL(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Actions pls

9 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nice 1 from baba. God go make u bigger

11 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Seems Buhari is now sold on the TRANSFORMATION idea, probably waiting for GEJ to hand him his brain.

142 Likes 16 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by PointB: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Why "we will"?

Why not "we are continuing" ?

Is APC still on campaign trail?

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by joseph1832(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:
Lemme maintain this position and wait to see if the wailing wailers won't praise baba for this.
Can any good come out of Sodom and Gomorrah?.

They will never give PMB praise, rather, they will heap it on that former president who waited for CBN to extend the BVN registration date before he went to register for his own.

Mogidi:
Seems Buhari is now sold on the TRANSFORMATION idea.
Any well meaning Nigerian should be sold to the transformation agenda devoid of massive corruption.

26 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by libertyfather(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mogidi:
Seems Buhari is now sold on the TRANSFORMATION idea, probably waiting for GEJ to hand him his brain.

Yeah TRANSFORMATION idea but CHANGING from the corrupt means with improve moral architectural advance way.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
[s]
joseph1832:

They will never give PMB praise, rather, they will heap it on that former president who waited for CBN to extend the BVN registration date before he went to register for his own.

Any well meaning Nigerian should be sold to the transformation agenda devoid of massive corruption.
[/s]

Listen to this hypocritical schmuck, how many GEJ inspired projects have you lauded on this forum?

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by vecman22(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Sai baba...

In other news........EFCC take note...

Anything less than 10years imprisonment for GEJ d thief, will not be accepted by Nigerians..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by boboLIL(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:

See them wailing for down(mogidi, bobolil, pointB and co) . I urinate on you all angry
piglet...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by joseph1832(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Listen to this hypocritical schmuck, how may GEJ inspired projects have you lauded on this forum?
The ones that doesn reek of corruption and doesn't have corrupt individuals chairing them.

SURE-P, YOUWIN comes to mind, or your brainless self have forgotten so soon?.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by midolian(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
joseph1832:

chai! These TANoids no sabi play opposition @ all. If Buhari decides not to continue with jonathan's privatization programme, na another wailing chapter dem go open. Now wey Buhari say hin go continue, I find it hard to believe they made these comments.

Femi Adeshina wasn't wrong to have called them the wailing wailers.

10 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Symphony007: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
The only difference is that people like tinubu will now be the major beneficiaries.

20 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by joseph1832(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:
chai! These TANoids no sabi play opposition @ all. If Buhari decides not to continue with jonathan's privatization programme, na another wailing chapter dem go open. Now wey Buhari say hin go continue, I find it hard to believe they made these comments.

The only thing that will please them is if everyone member of the APC drops dead!.

They're such a bunch of sour losers, imagine, PMB lost to GEJ in 2011, he went to re strategize and came out smoking GEJ back to the shiiit hole he crawled out from.

Instead of the PDP to start formulating a plan to gain power, they've resorted to wailing! They forget that those who wail are often given bread crumbs to feed so they'll keep mute from time to time.

The PDP is finished, especially when they have a clueless individual as their captain.

14 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by midolian(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
boboLIL:
piglet...
ya fada!

10 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by henrysam(m): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:

See them wailing below(mogidi, bobolil, pointB and co) . I urinate on you all angry
If there are wailing wailers what are you? Mourning wailer.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Ivanspring(f): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
That's good.
Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
boboLIL:
piglet...
pikin, what are you doing here? Are u not supposed to be in the romance section? undecided

3 Likes

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by henrysam(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:

And people following the dullard of Daura are chanoid and mourning wailers

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by midolian(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
henrysam:

And people following the dullard of Daura are chanoid and mourning wailers
wait o! U see me for ya dream? You quote me the first time, I no answer u, why must u quote me the 2nd time? What do u want from me? undecided

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
Gej policies will even outlive this administration.

God bless Gej

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:

See them wailing below(mogidi, bobolil, pointB and co). There is nafin baba will do to please them. I urinate on you all angry
I refuse to celebrate slowpokes

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by francizy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
The lying liars made us believe nothing good ever came out from GEJ's administration. Buhari just keeps proving his blind, bigotted and paid e-bots wrong day by day.. grin

Subsidy exists - Buhari
Increased power, not my doing - Buhari
Refineries operation, not my doing - Buhari
GEJ's privatization will be maintained - Buhari

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Midolian - aka Mido-liar, una go defend Buhu taya! grin

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
midolian:

See them wailing below(mogidi, bobolil, pointB and co). There is nafin baba will do to please them. I urinate on you all angry

He has nothing better to offer than whats on ground.... He is even careful with his changes of appointments...GEJ was a standard and still maintain the best technocrats, do you that a beg of rice is now #12,0000 instead of 7,000 naira when GEJ left barely two months ago

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Will Continue With Jonathan’s Privatisation Programme – Buhari by Ephemmm: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
Without minding bolded part of the utterance - "President Muhammadu Buhari has assured international investors of the readiness of his administration to continue with major privatisation programme started by previous governments but with “improved moral architecture.”

TANoid be like - 'na Jonathan's handover note he dey follow' tongue tongue tongue

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Excludes Zakari From Collation Of Presidential Poll Results / We Will Appeal Judgement On Oyetola’s Victory - PDP / Senator Danjuma Goje Retires From Elective Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.