Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. (51198 Views)

N255m Armoured Cars: Court Refuses To Stop Oduah’s Arrest / 6 Armoured Cars Arrive Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by lakzy(m): 2:19am On Jul 10, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has turned down an offer by the Federal Government to procure five new armoured Mercedes Benz S-600 (V222) cars for his use.

The cars which total cost is put at about N400m were planned to be purchased by the State House.

A Presidency source told journalists on Thursday that Buhari got to know of the plan when the Permanent Secretary, State House, Mr. Nebolisa Emodi, was briefing him of his ministry’s activities on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Miffed by the revelation, the President was said to have told Emodi that the purchase was unnecessary.

Describing it as a waste of scarce resources, the source said Buhari told the permanent secretary that the cars he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan were good enough for him.

“I don’t need any new cars. The ones I am using now are just fine,” the source quoted the President as saying.

The top government officials, however, said Buhari welcomed other initiatives presented by the permanent secretary to reduce the operating costs of the State House and strengthen its Finance and Accounts Internal Control Mechanisms.

He however directed that more efforts be made henceforth to capture all State House expenses within the approved national budget.

This, he said, was to avoid the frequent recourse by past administrations to “Presidential intervention funds.”

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, confirmed to our correspondent that Buhari had withheld approval for the purchase of the new cars.

Shehu said the President would continue to use the cars left behind by Jonathan in keeping with his commitment to prudent management of national resources.

Our correspondent learnt that the proposal to procure the new cars was first made to Jonathan before he left office.

The former President was however said to have directed that it be represented to Buhari for approval on his assumption of office since the cars could only be delivered some months after the May 29 handover date.

95 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by merry02(m): 2:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Cheap propaganda!

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by FastShipping: 2:31am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:
Cheap propaganda!

Sorry TANoid grin grin

Here is source with name of the Permanent Secretary who was planning to buy 400m naira vehicles for Buhari: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars/

354 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 10, 2015
This is the main reason Nigerians voted for him. In this area, he is better than former President Jonathan.

Buhari should also ensure that Ministries, parastatals and agencies do not go on a buying spree as is the practice every budget year in this country. Infact, with the establishment of Nissan, Volswagen and Innoson car assembly plants, Nigerian government has no business buying cars imported from overseas. They should patronise these companies 100% and encourage the populace to do same, if they don't want them to close shop and leave in a few months time.

238 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by merry02(m): 4:05am On Jul 10, 2015
FastShipping:

Sorry TANoid grin grin

Here is source with name of the Permanent Secretary who was planning to buy 400m naira vehicles for Buhari: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars/

na today?this is a cheap propaganda for a cheap recognition!presidency says yes today nd says No tomorrow!Nigerian need good news nt pictures,not someone going to mosque to pray et al...we need a reasonable development pls!

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by drkay(m): 4:07am On Jul 10, 2015
This is a nice move by the President.

28 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by welbeck317(m): 4:15am On Jul 10, 2015
Click like if you believe all these are

Washing and setting

#BringBackOurMadams

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by AnyibestDede(m): 4:28am On Jul 10, 2015
Just wait, they ll soon come out and deny this.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by mormoni(m): 4:46am On Jul 10, 2015
Sai Baba!

Sai Buhari

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by tayoxx(m): 4:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Na wa o....
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by MKO4ever(m): 4:54am On Jul 10, 2015
If the president could reject this kind of offer, tell me how someone will spend N250m (of government money oo) to buy car for herself and will not be jailed. Shame on GEJ

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by san316(m): 4:55am On Jul 10, 2015
In Tanoids voice, *Na wash, show off*

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Chubhie: 5:03am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:
Cheap propaganda!
This shouldn't even be news in the first place. Save, an attempt to still keep the APC online sheep who are already regretting something to cheer about from Grampa.

Yes, A very good attempt to keep the change chatters brainwashed as one of the things Baba Ne is doing differently. I ask, when has GEJ-an epic failure a yardstick and role model to Pa Buhari?

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:12am On Jul 10, 2015
Why five cars, they should have made it 15 cars na. 5 too small bcoz him phantoms plenty well well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by PassingShot(m): 5:17am On Jul 10, 2015
The wailing wailers will still wail at this good decision by the president.

If he accepted the proposal, they would have wailed. And now that he rejects it, they will still wail. Obviously, wailing is their lifestyle.

200 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by handie(m): 5:30am On Jul 10, 2015
Good one. Honestly, I believe President Muhammadu Buhari has the best interest of the country at heart and with time, things will get better. 49 days is just too short for us to start calling him names. We know the level of expectation is high and virtually, there's no honeymoon period but come on, let's startt judging him after a 100 days..... It's not as if he met a country that was having it all rosy when he got in.(Not. Forgetting he got handover notes less than 24 hours to his inauguration). For those praying for his failure, remember you might get the chance to gloat but Buhari's failure will be Nigeria's failure. I believe in God. I Believe in Nigeria. I know that by may 29 2019, Nigeria would be much better than Buhari met it.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by modskiller(m): 6:15am On Jul 10, 2015
God bless Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Jorussia(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2015
nice move by pmb,if we can manage our scarce resources prudently, the country will be a better place for all.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by dachpee(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2015
Which car was bought for #55m, why is APC confusing Nigerians. Are they born propagandists?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by disloman(m): 6:33am On Jul 10, 2015
dachpee:
Which car was bought for #55m, why is APC confusing Nigerians. Are they born propagandists?
U need this badly

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Dude only tryna trade with caution,considering the fact he hasn't governed up to expectation from angry Nigerians that has felt the recent drop in the economy & terrorism on the increase side

So living on the good side of life wouldn't be a good idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Why?

Well the wailers will talk whether you accept it or not. All these journalists sef should look for other news jare. Baba will never changes his kind so the news is not important

The Wailing Wailers loves bad news like their lives depends on it. E.g bomblast, fighting in the NASS. All I wish them is bad news in their lives.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by generaliy07(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2015
good

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Good!!!
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by kenwizi: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Well, plus bullet proof minus bullet proof,what will happen will always happen, muslims dont fear death that much like we christians. Good 1 mr PMB

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Airforce1(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by korel9: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
All na wash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Nigeria will be great again under Buhari. I believe so. If you don't then go and die.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by engrjacuzzi: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
if I hear.........all na scam joor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Nice one I hope they will not come out to deny this one

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says / President Buhari Photo As Shared By PDP / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.