Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? (9206 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / How Old Was Mary When Jesus Was Born / Was Jesus Being Rude To Mary When He Referred To Her As "Woman" In John 2:4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
Scholar8200:
Another challenge arises: Luke names Heli, descendant of David, as the father of Mary and father-in-law to Joseph. Joachim/Imran are not found in the Bible. The reference to Joachim/Imran is peculiar only to the Catholics who themselves got it from the non-canonical, literary works called the apocrypha; a website quoted them thus:

"We have no historical evidence, however, of any elements of their lives, including their names. Any stories about Mary’s father and mother come to us through legend and tradition.”(http://daily-bible-study-tips.com/Reader-Questions-Answered/Lineage-of-Mary.htm quoting from official catholic website)

If it be so, would we not be rather on safe ground staying with that written by Luke since it is backed up with a genealogy? Or do we have a genealogy that links Aaron to Imran/Joachin? You said there was a genealogy on this in the quran; can you publish it here?

That's none of our problem that's yours.

The debate here is about the name of Mary's father according to christians, has nothing to do with us.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Foremost, it should be appreciated that the Quran contains numerous dialogues from many previous tribes, clans and individuals throughout human history. It even contains dialogues from different creations of God. None of these dialogues were spoken in Arabic. Instead, the Quran in the voice of God translates these dialogues in an expression and language which the specific audience of the Arabs could clearly understand and one which would best represent what was said at the time the dialogue took place.

Furthermore, it is imperative that one understands the context of the narrative with a view to appreciate why certain words may have been used. In 19:27-28, Mary was clearly being reminded of her association with great patriarchs such as Prophet Aaron (pbuh) who according to Jewish sources, was considered the first High Priest of the Israelites and through whom the priestly decendancy of his tribe, the Levites continued.

Mary had been under the guardianship of Prophet Zacharriya (pbuh) in a sanctuary (3:37) and had dedicated herself to her Lord. According to Biblical sources, Prophet Zacharriya (pbuh) was a priest from the decendancy of Prophet Aaron (pbuh) and hence of Levitical Priesthood if the Biblical position is to be accepted. However, according to these sources, it also appears that Mary was not herself a Levite but rather from the house of David, a Judah (Matthew 1:1; Hebrews 7:14) which would disqualify her from being referenced as 'descendant' of the tribe of Levi.

Mary's own people would clearly have known that she was not a descendant of the Levite tribe nor of the Levitical Priesthood and hence would not have referred to her as 'daughter of Aaron' which would have been expected if she was being referenced as a descendant of Prophet Aaron's (pbuh) tribe. In the Bible we note Mary's cousin, Elisabeth being clearly referenced as a 'daughter of Aaron' as she was indeed a Levite of Prophet Aaron's (pbuh) tribe.

Luke 1:5
"There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron (Greek: Thugater), and her name was Elisabeth"

Therefore, Mary's people would not have used the epithet 'daughter of Aaron', but rather, one which bound her spiritually to the priestly tribe of Prophet Aaron (pbuh) as she had remained under Prophet Zacharriya's (pbuh) auspices. Mary was clearly reminded of her 'noble associations' with Prophet Aaron's (pbuh) noble descendants when the charge of being unchaste was levied against her. In this manner, she would have been referred to Prophet Aaron (pbuh) as connected to him by faith (as a sister) and not in lineage.

The Quran is familiar with sibling epithets to denote spiritual and social relationships between members of tribes. For example:

Noah is referred to as a 'brother' of his tribe:

026:106
"Behold, their brother (Arabic: akhuhum) Noah said to them: "Will you not fear (God)?"

We find similar references for Hud (pbuh) (7:65; 11:50; 26:124), Saleh (pbuh) (7:73; 11:61; 26:142; 27:45), Lot (pbuh) (26:161) and Shoaib (pbuh) (7:85; 11:84; 29:36)

011:050
"And to Ad (We sent) their brother Hud. He said: O my people! serve God, you have no god other than He; you are nothing but forgers (of lies)"

Even the Bible is familiar with elective spiritual relationships.

Mark 3:35
"Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

Lastly, the family of Imran is referenced separately by the Quran. There is a whole Surah that usually bears the name (Surah Imran - Chapter 3). It is clear that this family bears no direct connection with the Amram from the Bible, who is the father of both Prophets Moses and Aaron. (pbut)

Isn't this the whole purpose of the thread? How many times have we been over this?
I wanted to reply you but my battery died.

Let's examine the Quran. It contains
many stories from Judaism, both
theological and folklore. One would
expect that since Muhammad related so
many stories from Jewish legend, that he
would have consistently used their
metaphors, if he really knew what he was
talking about. Or, if he were really getting
"revelation" from God, then he would
have communicated with the people in
the way they understood. Perhaps there
is another reference in the Quran to
someone being called, "sister of Aaron",
or "sister of another great pious person".
But as we search, we find none.
In fact, I find that there are about 14
times the actual Arabic word
"sister" (ukhtun) is used in the Quran.

One time it refers to "Mary, sister of
Aaron". Eleven times it refers to a blood
relative, one time it is used as "sister-
nation" (7:38), and one time it refers to
"sister-sign", (43:48). Each of the
metaphorical uses of "sister" refers to a
case of concurrent relationship. And, in
each use of relational "sister", the
reference is to an actual relative.
I expanded the search to include,
"brother of Aaron", "sister of Moses", and
"brother of Moses".
Again, at no time is the idiom used to
represent someone being called
"brother" or "sister" with respect to
someone who has preceded him by
hundreds of years.

Further, I find that "brother" (akhun) is
used about 82 times in the Quran. Much
of the time it is used literally. Many times
it is used metaphorically, as in living
Muslims being "brothers" in the faith, or
one man being a "brother" to his living
tribe. In no case is it ever used to
metaphorically between a living man,
and one who has preceded him by
hundreds of years. In other words, there
is no other textual support for this
idiom's model in the Quran.
Only Mary is called sister of Aaron, Moses was mention more than Aaron but no place was this idiom use for Moses. So you failed woefully!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
I wanted to reply you but my battery died.

Let's examine the Quran. It contains
many stories from Judaism, both
theological and folklore. One would
expect that since Muhammad related so
many stories from Jewish legend, that he
would have consistently used their
metaphors, if he really knew what he was
talking about. Or, if he were really getting
"revelation" from God, then he would
have communicated with the people in
the way they understood. Perhaps there
is another reference in the Quran to
someone being called, "sister of Aaron",
or "sister of another great pious person".
But as we search, we find none.
In fact, I find that there are about 14
times the actual Arabic word
"sister" (ukhtun) is used in the Quran.

One time it refers to "Mary, sister of
Aaron". Eleven times it refers to a blood
relative, one time it is used as "sister-
nation" (7:38), and one time it refers to
"sister-sign", (43:48). Each of the
metaphorical uses of "sister" refers to a
case of concurrent relationship. And, in
each use of relational "sister", the
reference is to an actual relative.
I expanded the search to include,
"brother of Aaron", "sister of Moses", and
"brother of Moses".
Again, at no time is the idiom used to
represent someone being called
"brother" or "sister" with respect to
someone who has preceded him by
hundreds of years.

Further, I find that "brother" (akhun) is
used about 82 times in the Quran. Much
of the time it is used literally. Many times
it is used metaphorically, as in living
Muslims being "brothers" in the faith, or
one man being a "brother" to his living
tribe. In no case is it ever used to
metaphorically between a living man,
and one who has preceded him by
hundreds of years. In other words, there
is no other textual support for this
idiom's model in the Quran.
Only Mary is called sister of Aaron, Moses was mention more than Aaron but no place was this idiom use for Moses. So you failed woefully!!

This copy and paste was brought to you courtesy of answering islam . Com, the proud pioneers of christian stupidity.

Fyi, I didn't even read it.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
Here's my copy and paste reply as well courtesy of answering christianity . Com grin

Mary, the sister of Aaron?

Let us look at Noble Verse 19:27-28 "At length she brought The (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: 'O Mary ! Truly an amazing thing Hast thou brought ! O sister of Aaron ! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!'"

There are no errors in the above Noble Verses!.

Let us look at what Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said regarding this Noble Verse:

Mughira b. Shu'ba reported: "When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read "O sister of Harun (Aaron)" (i. e. Mary) in the Qur'an, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of Apostles and pious persons who had gone before them. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book on General Behaviour (Kitab Al-Adab), Book 025, Number 5326)"

As we clearly see from the Saying (Hadith) of our beloved Prophet, this issue was brought to him before and he clearly responded to it. The false claim made against our Prophet about him meaning that Mary was a biological sister of Aaron is clearly refuted.

The People of Isreal used to call people by either their last names, or by adding words such as you "Son of..." or "Brother of...." or "Sister of...." When they called people "O Son of...." they didn't mean for that person to be the actual biological son of the person whom they used his name. The other person could be a simply in the family tree or a last name.

When Jesus was called "Jesus the son of David" for instance, the Jews didn't mean to call Jesus the actual biological son of David. Similarily, when they called Mary "O sister of Aaron", they meant to call her sister of Aaron in faith !. Not the actual biological sister of Aaron.

The Noble Quran talked about Aaron being Moses's biological brother and messenger to Pharoah in Noble Verses 2:248, 4:163, 6:84, 7:122, 7:142, 7:150-151, 10:75, 10:87, 10:89, 19:28, 19:53, 20:30-35, 20:42, 20:70, 20:92-94, 21:48, 21:23, 21:45, 25:35-36, 26:13, 26:48, 28:34-35, 37:114-122 and many more.....

The Noble Quran also talks about Moses being the People of Isreal's first Messenger of GOD in Noble Verses 2:108, 2:248, 4:153, 5:20-26, 6:84, 14:8, 19:51-53, 22:44, 25:35-36, 28:3, 37:114-122, 18:60-82, 20:9-48, 27:7-12, 28:29-35, 79:15-19, 7:109-126, 10:79-82, 20:56-73, 26:38-51, 33:7, 2:53, 2:87, 2:136, 3:84, 6:91, 6:154, 7:144-145, 10:87, 11:110, 14:5, 17:2, 21:48, and may more....

The Noble Quran also talks about Jesus comming to the people of Isreal so many years after Moses and the many other Messengers of GOD that were sent to the People of Isreal in Noble Verses 3:49-51, 5:46, 5:72, 43:59, 61:6, 61:14, 4:171, 5:75, 43:59, 42:13, 4:172, 19:30, 43:64, 43:63, 3:52-54, 5:111-113, 57:27, 61:14, 61:6 and many more.....

The Noble Quran also talks about Mary being the biological Mother of Jesus in Noble Verses 3:35-37, 19:22-26, 21:91, 66:12, 5:75, 21:91, 4:156, 4:171, 5:17, 5:116, 21:91, 3:42-51, 19:16-21, and many more...

So if the Noble Quran speaks clearly about Aaron being the biological brother of Moses, and speaks clearly about Jesus comming many years after Moses and the many other Messengers of GOD that were sent to the people of Isreal, and speaks clearly about Mary being the Mother of Jesus, then therefore, the Noble Quran (1) Recognizes Mary as a woman who was born long years after Aaron, and (2) When the Jews called Mary 'O sister of Aaron..', then meant it to be Sister of Aaron in faith only and not a biological sister.

Please visit brother Haleem's answer where he proves from the Bible that Mary peace be upon her can be called "Sister of Aaron".

If you then ask, how come the Bible doesn't state that the Jews called Mary "O sister of Aaron (in faith)"? then you should read the following:

What are the Muslims' views about the today's Bible?

Muslims and Christians both agree that the Noble Quran does not agree with today's Bible in everything. Just because the Bible might disagree on something in the Noble Quran, it doesn't at all negate the claim of the Noble Quran or make it false. There is a certain flow of logic that the Noble Quran presents which we the Muslims believe that it is the truth.

The Bible's contents today were not written by their original authors. For example, we read from the book of Matthew so many verses such as this one:

"...And as Jesus passed forth thence, HE (Jesus) saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and HE (Jesus) saith unto HIM (Matthew), follow ME (Jesus) and HE (Matthew) arose, and followed HIM (Jesus). (Matthew 9:9)"

Did "Matthew" write this about himself? Why then didn't Matthew write for example: "he (Jesus) saw ME, and my name is Matthew. I was sitting at the receipt of custom…" etc.

Similarly, we read in the books of Moses things such as "And the LORD said to Moses...", or "Moses went to that place....", etc...

Such evidence can be found in many places throughout the Old Testament and the New Testament. The so called "Original letters/Gospels" that were written in Greek and Hebrew, were written by third party people!

Consider the following few examples that consist of historical contradictions in the Bible:

II Samuel 10:18 talks about David slew the men of 700 chariots of the Syrians and 40,000 horsemen and Shobach the commander.
I Chronicles 1:18 says that David slew the men of 7000 chariots and 40,000 footmen

I Chronicles 9:25 says that Solomon had 4000 stalls for horses and chariots.
I Kings 4:26 says that he had 40,000 stalls for horses

Ezra 2:5 talks about an exile Arah having 775 sons.
Nehemiah 7:10 talks about the same exile Arah having 652 sons.

II Samuel 24:13 So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?
I Chronicles 21:11 SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destryed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;

How did Judas die?
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matthew 27:5)
"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)

2 Samuel 6:23 Therefore MICHAL the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.
2 Samuel 21:8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of MICHAL the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite.

2 Kings 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.
2 Chronicles 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

26th year of the reign of Asa I Kings 16:6-8
36th year of the reign of Asa I 2 Chronicles 16:1

How old was Ahaziah when he began to reign?
22 in 2 Kings 8:26
42 in 2 Chronicle 22:2

Who was Josiah's successor?
Jehoahaz - 2 Chronicle 36:1
Shallum - Jeremiah 22:11

Also, your original scriptures are all doubtful according to the Bible's own theologians and historians. It's quite hellarious that even the Bible itself admits that it has been tampered with and corrupted by man's garbage:

"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:cool"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:cool"

And regarding who wrote the books and gospels of the Bible, well here is a sample of what the NIV Bible's theologians and historians wrote:

"Serious doubts exists as to whether these verses belong to the Gospel of Mark. They are absent from important early manuscripts and display certain peculiarities of vocabulary, style and theological content that are unlike the rest of Mark. His Gospel probably ended at 16:8, or its original ending has been lost. (From the NIV Bible Foot Notes, page 1528)"

"Although the author does not name himself, evidence outside the Scriptures and inferences from the book itself lead to the conclusion that the author was Luke. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1643)"

"The writer of this letter does not identify himself, but he was obviously well known to the original recipients. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1856)"

"The letter is difficult to date with precision....(From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1905)"

"It seems safe to conclude that the book, at least in its early form, dates from the beginning of the monarchy. Some think that Samuel may have had a hand in shaping or compiling the materials of the book, but in fact we are unsure who the final author or editor was. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 286)"

"Although, according to tradition, Samuel wrote the book, authorship is actually uncertain. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 322)"

"The date of the composition is also unknown, but it was undoubtedly during the monarchy. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 322)"

"The author is unknown. Jewish tradition points to Samuel, but it is unlikely that he is the author because the mention of David (4:17,22) implies a later date. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 360)"

"Who the author was cannot be known with certainty since the book itself gives no indication of his identity. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 368)"

"There is little conclusive evidence as to the identity of the author of 1,2 Kings. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 459)"

"Whoever the author was, it is clear that he was familiar with the book of Deuteronomy. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 459)"

"According to ancient Jewish tradition, Ezra wrote Chronicles, Ezra and Nehemiah (see Introduction to Ezra: Literary Form and Authorship), but this cannot be established with certainty. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 569)"

"Although we do not know who wrote the book of Esther, from internal evidence it is possible to make some inferences about the author and the date of composition. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 707)"

"The unknown author probably had access to oral and/or written sources....(From the NIV Bible commentary, page 722)"

"Regarding authorship, opinions are even more divided....(From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 773)"

etc...

How do you respond to this?

Malvisguy212 and who are you trying to deceive? Your battery didn't die! You needed time to run to your source and bring forth more stupidity. Hehe

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

This copy and paste was brought to you courtesy of answering islam . Com, the proud pioneers of christian stupidity.

here is one again:

Moses confronted "Aaron" and a "Samaritan" for having made the golden calf for the Israelites while he (Moses) was on Mount Sinai:

Quran 20:92-95
"[Moses] said, "O Aaron, what
prevented you, when you saw them
going astray, from following me? Then
have you disobeyed my order?" [Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.'" [Moses] said, "And what is your case, O Samaritan?"

Assyria conquered the Jewish northern
kingdom in 722 BC, exiled its upper class and brought in conquered people from other lands, who intermarried with the lower class Jews who had been allowed to stay. Their offspring were called "Samaritans" because they occupied the region of "Samaria", which was named after its original owner, "Shemer" (see 1 Kings 16:24 in the Bible).The Jews despised the Samaritans both for being a mixed race and for setting up their own temple to compete against the temple in Jerusalem.

But the problem with this is , the golden calf incident near Mount Sinai mentioned in Quran 20:92-95 above took place in 1446 BC, which was 725 years before the first Samaritan was
born in 721 BC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

I ask you to explained why the quran used the idiom "sister of Aaron" instead you want and copy and paste from
quransmessage.com hence my reply from answeringislam.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
here is one again:

Moses confronted "Aaron" and a "Samaritan" for having made the golden calf for the Israelites while he (Moses) was on Mount Sinai:

Quran 20:92-95
"[Moses] said, "O Aaron, what
prevented you, when you saw them
going astray, from following me? Then
have you disobeyed my order?" [Aaron] said, "O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.'" [Moses] said, "And what is your case, O Samaritan?"

Assyria conquered the Jewish northern
kingdom in 722 BC, exiled its upper class and brought in conquered people from other lands, who intermarried with the lower class Jews who had been allowed to stay. Their offspring were called "Samaritans" because they occupied the region of "Samaria", which was named after its original owner, "Shemer" (see 1 Kings 16:24 in the Bible).The Jews despised the Samaritans both for being a mixed race and for setting up their own temple to compete against the temple in Jerusalem.

But the problem with this is , the golden calf incident near Mount Sinai mentioned in Quran 20:92-95 above took place in 1446 BC, which was 725 years before the first Samaritan was
born in 721 BC.

The Qur'an, while thoroughly referring to the events of the Golden Calf, does not expound on the person of al-Samiri. A description of who he was is irrelevant to the overall message. As such, we cannot definitively say where he was from or why he was among the Israelites or if he was the only one of his kind. The indication that he did not have a covenant is that he was singled out separately from the Israelites and the covenant was established with the Children of Israel. The Old Testament mentions that there were some who escaped with the Israelites and stayed with them until the events under discussion occurred (see Exodus 12:38). So, because he was not one of them he did not suffer the divine punishment.

He wasn't a samiratan, his name was samiri.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
I ask you to explained why the quran used the idiom "sister of Aaron" instead you want and copy and paste from
quransmessage.com hence my reply from answeringislam.

Why yes of course! I tried explaining multiple times to you, why should I continue wasting my time? Loool! If you don't even know what you're accusing someone of, that just shows how utterly clueless you are.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

The Qur'an, while thoroughly referring to the events of the Golden Calf, does not expound on the person of al-Samiri. A description of who he was is irrelevant to the overall message. As such, we cannot definitively say where he was from or why he was among the Israelites or if he was the only one of his kind. The indication that he did not have a covenant is that he was singled out separately from the Israelites and the covenant was established with the Children of Israel. The Old Testament mentions that there were some who escaped with the Israelites and stayed with them until the events under discussion occurred (see Exodus 12:38). So, because he was not one of them he did not suffer the divine punishment.

He wasn't a samiratan, his name was samiri.
so the evidence is in the bible and NOT the quran?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by plainbibletruth: 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
These guys know that the book they claim came down from heaven has a lot of flaws. In order to explain away the flaws they resort to looking for ways to confuse issues raised. 

If ALL the intelligent Muslim scholars cannot translate the archaic language that gives room for speculations of Muslim commentators into something more understandable then that speaks volume of their competence. 

A book which on one hand claims it makes things so clear and simple that anybody can understand and then on the other hand says no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah has set up itself as a deception. 

How do we know those portions that are 'clear and simple' and those that 'no one knows its [true] interpretation'? This then is confusion at it's heights for those who choose to go by it. 

As a result those trying to 'explain' it resort to all sorts of gimmicks in their attempts to 'interpret' it. 

This is what is happening here!

First it's the Quran that is quoted. Then they run to the Bible. Thereafter it's resort to the Hadith. Where the Hadith is proven to go against the Quran they resort to explaining away which is superior and which is inferior. 

Quran quotes from Bible and we find the same words in the Bible today. So for some Muslim 'scholars' to doubt its authenticity is the height of arrogance. 

Isn't it strange that no Muslim ever fought to retain any copy of the Bible (in whatever form they were) that the Quran mentioned severally whereas copies of Islamic tradition materials were guarded with every fiber of their being? 

Any Muslim has the fundamental human right to continue with a lie with eagerness and face the ultimate result - hell,  or choose the truth with the corresponding result of eternity with God.  

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Plainbibletruth, why have you not been replying your mentions?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
so the evidence is in the bible and NOT the quran?

No. It's inconclusive, the area you claim there's contradiction, the Quran did not mention because it was irrelevant to the story. It spoke of a man named samiri and that was it, it did not say he was a Samaritan. The Quran did not mention whether he was a Jew or not or his background.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
plainbibletruth:
These guys know that the book they claim came down from heaven has a lot of flaws. In order to explain away the flaws they resort to looking for ways to confuse issues raised. 

If ALL the intelligent Muslim scholars cannot translate the archaic language that gives room for speculations of Muslim commentators into something more understandable then that speaks volume of their competence. 

Clown! Just the perfect description for you. What language?

A book which on one hand claims it makes things so clear and simple that anybody can understand and then on the other hand says no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah has set up itself as a deception. 
The verse says in it, there are verses that are specific, those are the foundations of the book and in it there are verses of which their interpretation is known only to Allah, such verses are known and no muslims try to interprete them, sometimes these verses are just alphabets, only Alkah knows what they mean, everything else is quite clear.

How do we know those portions that are 'clear and simple' and those that 'no one knows its [true] interpretation'? This then is confusion at it's heights for those who choose to go by it. 
Because all these verses are well known dumbo! It's not just a matter of guess work, these verses are the verses with no translation, you can check if you open your Quran.

As a result those trying to 'explain' it resort to all sorts of gimmicks in their attempts to 'interpret' it. 
Daft cow! What are you talking about? Again muslims don't even try to interpret such verses. Dumbo!

This is what is happening here!
Let's see what's happening, señor clown.

First it's the Quran that is quoted. Then they run to the Bible. Thereafter it's resort to the Hadith. Where the Hadith is proven to go against the Quran they resort to explaining away which is superior and which is inferior. 
Only to point out christian hypocrisy. And like the prophet says, we should reject that which goes against the teachings of Islam, and we must not reject that which goes with it?

Quran quotes from Bible and we find the same words in the Bible today. So for some Muslim 'scholars' to doubt its authenticity is the height of arrogance. 
No muslim has ever claimed the whole bible is corrupt! And please what are these same words you speak of?

Isn't it strange that no Muslim ever fought to retain any copy of the Bible (in whatever form they were) that the Quran mentioned severally whereas copies of Islamic tradition materials were guarded with every fiber of their being? 
Because we have the Quran, it's enough for us.

Any Muslim has the fundamental human right to continue with a lie with eagerness and face the ultimate result - hell,  or choose the truth with the corresponding result of eternity with God.  

{6:126
Sahih International
And this is the path of your Lord, [leading] straight. We have detailed the verses for a people who remember.}

{6:127
Sahih International
For them will be the Home of Peace with their Lord. And He will be their protecting friend because of what they used to do.}

{15:42
Sahih International
Indeed, My servants - no authority will you have over them, except those who follow you of the deviators.}

"And verily, Hell Is the promised abode For them all! To it are seven Gates: For each of those Gates Is a (special) class (Of sinners) assigned. (The Noble Quran, 15:43-44)"

and please, the christian heaven is hell! Playing golden trumpets and what not. Smh

No wonder you christians say...

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by plainbibletruth: 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Plainbibletruth, why have you not been replying your mentions?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by DJ2HOT(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
ezeauditore . What do you have to say here ?
. Hnmmmmm I prefer to read nd learn
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
DJ2HOT:
. Hnmmmmm I prefer to read nd learn

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by plainbibletruth: 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=RagnarLodbrok post=35758644][/quote]
Look at what you wrote:
It does not mean that here Qur’an calls Mary, the real sister of Aaron, the Prophet who was hundreds of years before her. Here she is only being called a female person of the family, from the Noble lineage of Prophet Aaron.
Is it logical that Mary who was born hundreds after Aaron will be called 'sister' rather than 'daughter'?
Here 'she is only being called a female person of the family'
Even Jesus was referred to as 'son of David' not 'brother' of David. 
In the same Quran she is called 'daughter' ??

Then this;

In 19:27-28, Mary was clearly being reminded of her association with great patriarchs such as Prophet Aaron (pbuh) who according to Jewish sources, was considered the first High Priest of the Israelites and through whom the priestly decendancy of his tribe, the Levites continued.
Is the Quran written hundreds of years after Mary 'reminding' Mary?
Mary's lineage was clearly Judah so the Quran could have made this clear. 

And then:
Mary was clearly reminded of her 'noble associations' with Prophet Aaron's (pbuh) noble descendants when the charge of being unchaste was levied against her. In this manner, she would have been referred to Prophet Aaron (pbuh) as connected to him by faith (as a sister) and not in lineage.
So it's now the case of 'noble associations' with Aaron. Interesting, isn't it?

And:
No! Imran is the father of Mary mother of Jesus (pbuh). Not Mary sister of Moses.
You now craftily try to insert a name into the father of Mary to make up your razzmatazz. 

And:
That's none of our problem that's yours.

The debate here is about the name of Mary's father according to christians, has nothing to do with us.
Where you can find no 'trick' to use you shove it aside. Again, interesting!

You can see how you've been doing your twists and turns!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 4:27am On Jul 12, 2015
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 12, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Look at what you wrote:

Is it logical that Mary who was born hundreds after Aaron will be called 'sister' rather than 'daughter'?
Here 'she is only being called a female person of the family'
Even Jesus was referred to as 'son of David' not 'brother' of David. 
In the same Quran she is called 'daughter' ??
Ahhh! Jesus Moses and every other prophet excluding the Abraham during the isra and miraj called Muhammad brother, not son, were they not born hundreds of years before, why do all muslims call each other brother?

Then this;

Is the Quran written hundreds of years after Mary 'reminding' Mary?
Mary's lineage was clearly Judah so the Quran could have made this clear. 
I don't know how much clearer this needs to be.

And then:

So it's now the case of 'noble associations' with Aaron. Interesting, isn't it?
Uhhhm yes! If it wasn't a noble association why would it be used as a way to infer that an unholy act is not expected from her?

And:

You now craftily try to insert a name into the father of Mary to make up your razzmatazz. 
Me? Craftily? Loool! Again it's in the Quran dumbas*, what did I insert?

And:

Where you can find no 'trick' to use you shove it aside. Again, interesting!
Scholar was asking me questions about Joachim and Catholics and what not, why the hell should that be my problem? That is an issue of christian confusion. None of my beeswax.

You can see how you've been doing your twists and turns!
*sigh what twist and turns?

See the problem with you is you just like arguing, and you make a fool out of yourself in the process, some of your claims I just look at and burst into laughter, sometimes I wonder if you're actually serious, that's why I call you a clown!
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 6:57am On Jul 12, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

No. It's inconclusive, the area you claim there's contradiction, the Quran did not mention because it was irrelevant to the story. It spoke of a man named samiri and that was it, it did not say he was a Samaritan. The Quran did not mention whether he was a Jew or not or his background.
what A man name samiri? You are a liar ,may God open your eyes.

Surah 20:85
Sahih International
[ Allah ] said, "But indeed, We have tried your people after you [departed], and THE Samiri has led them astray."

Surah 20:87
Sahih International
They said, "We did not break our promise to you by our will, but we were made to carry burdens from the ornaments of the people [of Pharaoh], so we threw them [into the fire], and
thus did THE Samiri throw."

Quran did not mention the man name , he adress the man by his tribe" THE samiri" on two occasion. You don't mention someone name and add the word "the"
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
what A man name samiri? You are a liar ,may God open your eyes.

Surah 20:85
Sahih International
[ Allah ] said, "But indeed, We have tried your people after you [departed], and THE Samiri has led them astray."

Surah 20:87
Sahih International
They said, "We did not break our promise to you by our will, but we were made to carry burdens from the ornaments of the people [of Pharaoh], so we threw them [into the fire], and
thus did THE Samiri throw."

Quran did not mention the man name , he adress the man by his tribe" THE samiri" on two occasion. You don't mention someone name and add the word "the"

Desperation!
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Malvisguy212 here's what a brother had to say about the issue,

In my humble academic view, it is important I feel to better appreciate where the common belief that the Samaritans originated from Samaria at the time of the Assyrian conquest 722 BCE (centuries after the account in Exodus) actually originate from.

This has also been a point of contention for Christian polemics that criticise the Quranic mention of ‘al-Samiri’ as a ‘Samaritan’ when the city of Samaria wasn't founded until hundreds of years after the death of Prophet Moses.

The origins of the ‘Samaritans’ as commonly understood are usually a result of interpretations from 2 Kings 17 and Josephus. The Bible uses the name 'Shomeroniy' {sho-mer-o-nee} once in 2 Kings 17 which simply means ‘of Samaria’ or 'inhabitants of Samaria'. This does not really tell us much of the Samaritans or even tell us anything of their origins.

Samaritan sources also ascribe their origins to the descendants of the Joseph tribes Ephraim and Manasseh. Therefore, it is quite possible that the al-Samiri of the Quran was a Samaritan, just not from Samaria.

However, whatever the true identity of ‘al-Samiri’ in the Quran or the historical origins of the ‘Samaritans’, the name ‘al-Samiri’ was clearly known to the primary audience of the Quran. There is no conclusive evidence that this was a reference to a ‘Samaritan’ either.

With regards your proposition as to the cause of the animosity, this would, with respect, remain inconclusive on the basis of insufficient evidence.

You have no case here. Some even say it's actually the bibles equivalent of zimri and has no relations to the Samaritans at all. Allah knows best, but there are 5 billion ways atleast to refute your foolish claims.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:
Malvisguy212 here's what a brother had to say about the issue,

You have no case here. Some even say it's actually the bibles equivalent of zimri and has no relations to the Samaritans at all. Allah knows best, but there are 5 billion ways atleast to refute your foolish claims.
deception.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
deception.

Denial.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by plainbibletruth: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=RagnarLodbrok post=35762600]
Ahhh! Jesus Moses and every other prophet excluding the Abraham during the isra and miraj called Muhammad brother, not son, were they not born hundreds of years before, why do all muslims call each other brother?
I thought you were asking yourself sometime ago why you're still here. Apparently you cannot resist the allure!

Did you say here that Jesus called Mohammed 'brother'? Really?

And you're stating all these to show that Allah, dictating to Mohammed, would refer to Mary the mother of Jesus as 'sister' of Aaron who lived hundreds of years before her rather than as 'daughter' of Aaron?

I don't know how much clearer this needs to be.
You cann't make it clearer because there's nothing for you to make clear. 

Uhhhm yes! If it wasn't a noble association why would it be used as a way to infer that an unholy act is not expected from her?

Me? Craftily? Loool! Again it's in the Quran dumbas*, what did I insert?
Imram, the father of Aaron, Moses and their sister Miriam is not the father of Mary the mother of Jesus. The Quran confused issues here. 

Scholar was asking me questions about Joachim and Catholics and what not, why the hell should that be my problem? That is an issue of christian confusion. None of my beeswax.
Even direct questions about the thread and what you post are ignored by you when you realize they are going to expose you. 

twist and turns?

See the problem with you is you just like arguing, and you make a fool out of yourself in the process, some of your claims I just look at and burst into laughter, sometimes I wonder if you're actually serious, that's why I call you a clown!
Added to these, truth is that:    
1. Mary and Zachariah did not live in the same town. 
2. Zachariah received the message about John and his wife was already pregnant for six months before Mary heard about it at all. 
3. It was after this that Mary visited Zachariah's house in Judah to spend 3 months with his wife, Elizabeth who was Mary's relative. 
4. Mary had already conceived before this trip to Zachariah's house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=plainbibletruth post=35783417][/quote]the guy is soo deluded , emerging , Abraham and the rest called muhammed brother!!! Smh
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Angelou(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
malvisguy212... I had even witnessed muslims on this platform who claims that mary was 9 years old when joseph defiled her... I see this as a foul play in a bid to defend the paedophilc instincts of muhammad pbuh
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
Angelou:
malvisguy212... I had even witnessed muslims on this platform who claims that mary was 9 years old when joseph defiled her... I see this as a foul play in a bid to defend the paedophilc instincts of muhammad pbuh
what is the only way to cover the shame of muhammed marrying an 8years old girl? The only way is to lay the same allegation against holy men in the bible,
By trying to prove Joseph marry Mary as a little girl, they automatically accepts muhammed is a paedophile . The evidence are in the bible,Mary was betrothed by Joseph, the angel called Mary a "WOMAN " this points to the fact ! Mary was ready for marriage , beside God himself will NEVER encourage a little girl to "take Joseph as her husband" am I right ? The muslims fall in deception. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=plainbibletruth post=35783417][/quote]

Are you tired of me already? Lol! Alright mate, new priorities for me now. Live long and prosper.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by plainbibletruth: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Are you tired of me already? Lol! Alright mate, new priorities for me now. Live long and prosper.
Choosing an escape route then?
Throwing in the towel?
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by malvisguy212: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

you never say anything meaningful, you only fill the thread with pictures and throwing insult.
Re: How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 13, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Choosing an escape route then?
Throwing in the towel?

No mate, I just realised something. Like I said, new priorities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? / Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.