Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (27155 Views)

All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / He Does Not Satisfy Me, Doesn’t Last A Minute In Bed —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt][b]
Yes I am an african and a proud one at that.
Infact I am a cave man with a retro tendency,but more logical and advinced in thinking than you zombified brainwashed peeps,whose sixth sense have been hegemonically infested by the imperialist,with no mind of your own and live the life of emperialist just to please them.

It is a pity that you peeps still wallow in the swamp of ignorance and sees anything from the emperialist as progressive and your's has retrogressive.
That's the peak of mental slavery.
There is no way a counterfeit can be better than an original.
Quit being a copycat and have a mind of your own.

I have dated 4 white ladies and in no way,did they try to dictate life for me.I didn't even give room for such nonesense.
It is the way you present yourself,will you be taken.

Infact,my present GF is a brazilian and was a budhhist.i am the one who converted her to christainity.
So anytime I see you peeps use whites has reference,I begin to wonder if it's same white I know or from pluto

And about the embolded,it's good that you have your boundry,I only pity those "sissy" men you are planning to make your subjects.

It's not my business anyway

[/b][/size]

gold medal!!!
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Toks2008(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2015
craziebone:

i disagree completely! Two people who are truely in love with each other would not even be bothered if they are married or not!!!

lol so you are still one of those living in delusion of true love?

Keep dreaming...i will advice you to just get a good friend to marry.Love is a facade,it does not exist between humans but only from GOD towards human.

if you are a lady getting married just know that without court wedding a man can wake up and booth you out and a woman can just leave you whenever she likes.

Most annoying is the fact that despite all the money spent on trd marriage and white wedding,you can still dvorce easily and all they will say is that the man should get bck the bride price paid and thats all.Iranu,abacha.

in court wedding you must prove youyr case as to why you want the marriage dissolved or have ur case thrown out.

Any lady who marries without doing court wedding is on her own.Love does not exist but what we see is partner with benefits.

only matured minds can decipher my assertions,only babies still believe in love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2015
craziebone:

i feel like kissing you, kissing you, kissing you!!!!!!! Take a big hug from me, would you!!!!

Not everyone like that thing called church, mosque or court marriage. If 'security' is the problem and you feel signing a certificate would solve the insecurity problem (and i wonder how my signing dotted line on a marriage certificate can make you feel more secured), why then don't we try to get the marriage certificate signed during the traditional marriage? Afterall, that's all you care about and not the venue for the wedding!

Shakes at first kiss vibrates at d next kiss faints at d last kiss hug u too o tightly
Are u minding dem both of dem shd just say they are not ready for d marriage dats why dey dont want to agree with each oda
Bt if na to climb each oda even wen one is nt really too in d mood dem go agree on dat
To make life decision dey are dancing kurukere round d options
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2015
cococandy:
Exactly.
Any guy who has problems making his marriage to you binding is suspect.

i disagree with you completely! It is not only in court i can make my marriage to her 'binding'. What about the one we do in the presence of our parents and guardians? You people seem to be fixated on the guy's 'commitment' what about the lady? What kind of commitment is she doing? What exactly is she bringing to the table? Remember, we live in a world where if your wife or girlfriend gets pregnant for you, she can decide not to keep the child and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU, A GUY, CAN DO! It is then they would tell you "its my body!" they tell you this like you are dragging ownership of their body with them. All of these are backed up by the law!

This is the reason I WILL NEVER GET MARRIED!!! For them, it is about marriage and nothing else. When you come here, you will find ladies who will break up a meaningful and beautiful relationship with a very good guy just because a stranger came around and proposed to her. And i am like, what...? What exactly is marriage going to give to you that you don't already have with your boyfriend? Personally for me, if there is a thing i am not already getting from my relationship with a lady, then i will never get it in marriage, as simple as that! Is it fulfilment, satisfaction, commitment or love? If we are not already having any of the above while we are still being boyfriends and girlfriends, then we will not be able to get it when we get married. Build a meaningful relationship, first! It is absolutely unreasonable to break up a relationship that is already going on well just because another person came to propose to you. Why wreck a ship that is already sailing smoothly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by dom(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2015
hmmmmm. I wonder what she thinks she stands to gain from a statutory marriage. Its not exactly a prenup. It only guarantees maintenance from him in the event of a dissolution and even that is calculated according to his earning capacity and ceases as soon as she remarries. On the other hand, he should realise that many churches these days would not wed u unless you've done your statutory marriage first. Again, what he thinks is just a church marriage may end up being a statutory marriage if the church is a licensed place of worship as provided in the Marriage Act. A statutory marriage puts him in a better stead for several transactions. Lastly, too much sense de worry the couple. They're even thinking about divorce already.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 11, 2015
Toks2008:

Keep dreaming...i will advice you to just get a good friend to marry.Love is a facade,it does not exist between humans but only from GOD towards human.
if you are a lady getting married just know that without court wedding a man can wake up and booth you out and a woman can just leave you whenever she likes.
Most annoying is the fact that despite all the money spent on trd marriage and white wedding,you can still dvorce easily and all they will say is that the man should get bck the bride price paid and thats all.Iranu,abacha.
in court wedding you must prove youyr case as to why you want the marriage dissolved or have ur case thrown out.
Any lady who marries without doing court wedding is on her own.Love does not exist but what we see is partner with benefits.
only matured minds can decipher my assertions,only babies still believe in love.

i am sorry if love doesn't exist to you.

Secondly, we still see men and women who just get up and abscond from marriages just like that. We have seen men run off with other women, leaving their wives and kids. We have also seen cases where women eloped with their lovers abroad, leaving behind, the man and children. So what's the difference?

And no, i wouldn't like a case where if i just want to get out of a marriage or she wants to get out of a marriage with me, i or she have to prove a point! Just tell me you are tired of staying and that's it! I will just let you go! We can talk about the welfare of the children, if any and if they are not of ge yet. The point is, the flimzier the reason, the more readily i would let you go. I also expect the same thing from her. The flizier the reason i give the more readily i would expect her to let me go. Why on earth do you want to stay with someone who just doesn't want you anymore? She doesn't need to come up with a beautiful case before i let her go.

Just for the records, i do not see marriage as different from a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Marriage is actually the continuation of a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship after some traditional thing (be it church, mosque, court or traditional marriage) has been done. There is no physical, emotional, psychological difference afterwards.

@Sagamite, what do you think?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
dom:
hmmmmm. I wonder what she thinks she stands to gain from a statutory marriage. Its not exactly a prenup. It only guarantees maintenance from him in the event of a dissolution and even that is calculated according to his earning capacity and ceases as soon as she remarries. On the other hand, he should realise that many churches these days would not wed u unless you've done your statutory marriage first. Again, what he thinks is just a church marriage may end up being a statutory marriage if the church is a licensed place of worship as provided in the Marriage Act. A statutory marriage puts him in a better stead for several transactions. Lastly, too much sense de worry the couple. They're even thinking about divorce already.

why should i be thinking of divorce just when i am going into a relationship? If i am going into a relationship and i already know that i would leave it someday, why go into it in the first place?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Who said anything about getting validation from the whites or trying to copy them grin

are you for real? And yes as per white girls being submissive it's the 49,59 year old or those dealing with obesity, cancer and complex related issues looking for love so they can afford to be stupid grin and speaking of you being a cave man, thank God you admitted you're an African man/cave man.what a breadth of fresh air. So for once you guys can actually admit who you really are. That's a step in the right direction. grin

something like osofia goes to London relationship to look for a dumb white girl wink
cyprus000:

[size=13pt][b]
Yes, I am an african and a proud one at that.
Infact I am a cave man with a retro tendency,but more logical and advanced in thinking than you zombified brainwashed peeps,whose sixth sense have been hegemonically infested by the imperialist,with no mind of your own and live the life of emperialist just to please them.

It is a pity that you peeps still wallow in the swamp of ignorance and sees anything from the emperialist as progressive and your's has retrogressive.
That's the peak of mental slavery.
There is no way a counterfeit can be better than an original.
Quit being a copycat and have a mind of your own.

I have dated 4 white ladies and in no way,did they try to dictate life for me.I didn't even give room for such nonesense.
It is the way you present yourself,will you be taken.

Infact,my present GF is a brazilian and was a budhhist.i am the one who converted her to christainity.
So anytime I see you peeps use whites has reference,I begin to wonder if it's same white I know or from pluto

And about the embolded,it's good that you have your boundry,I only pity those "sissy" men you are planning to make your subjects.

It's not my business anyway

[/b][/size]
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by cyprus000: 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
efemenaslectura:
Who said anything about getting validation from the whites or trying to copy them grin

are you for real? And yes as per white girls being submissive it's the 49,59 year old or those dealing with obesity, cancer and complex related issues looking for love so they can afford to be stupid grin and speaking of you being a cave man, thank God you admitted you're an African man/cave man.what a breadth of fresh air. So for once you guys can actually admit who you really are. That's a step in the right direction. grin

something like osofia goes to London relationship to look for a dumb white girl wink
[size=13pt]
The embolded have prove my assertions.
You are so shallow minded that you think,a black man have to settle for less when rolling with white peeps.
WTF..what a warp mentality you gat..you need rehab.

I feel lyk weeping for you,cos it is evident that the

emperialist have tatally pillaged your sixth sense.
If not for privacy issues,I would have post the pics of my past and present GF'ds just to educate your ignorance,but it is a total waste of time having a banter with you.

On the flipside:
Yes I am a cave man,a sophisticated cave man and a very proud one at thatcheesytongue

You go really sabi provok person,I like your type tho.
After one month with me,you go cool lyk iceblock.
All this one wey you dey do na rant..(Just pray say you no jam my typewink)
[/size]

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by cyprus000: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
craziebone:

gold medal!!!
[size=13pt]
Thank you my brda cool

No mind all this galz,wey think say every guy na mumu.

Just dey watch them on 3D cool
[/size]
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
Obviously you can't jam my type because I avoid your kinds like leprosy. I prefer the men you people refer to as sissy wink cheesy grin

I know your kinds hate men like that tongue

as per the things you emboldened it's the naked truth you hate to admit but it's true anyway cool

meanwhile I don't provoke people unnecessarily kiss except they incite me cheesy
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
The embolded have prove my assertions.
You are so shallow minded that you think,a black man have to settle for less when rolling with white peeps.
WTF..what a warp mentality you gat..you need rehab.

I feel lyk weeping for you,cos it is evident that the

emperialist have tatally pillaged your sixth sense.
If not for privacy issues,I would have post the pics of my past and present GF'ds just to educate your ignorance,but it is a total waste of time having a banter with you.

On the flipside:
Yes I am a cave man and a very proud one at thatcheesytongue

You go really sabi provok person,I like your type tho.
After one month with me,you go cool lyk iceblock.
All this one wey you dey do na rant..(Just pray say you no jam my typewink)
[/size]

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by KwoiZabo(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
freecocoa:
So you think women want court wedding because they expect that everything be willed to them?

He can decide to take a 2nd wife all he wants, there just has to be a divorce first or the 2nd wife is not recognised by the law and he can be sued.

The system might be messed up, doesn't mean women shouldn't get their right.
Abi no be wetin I tell her say I get na im she go know. If a man can defraud a whole country how much more an individual. Marriage is not compulsory and any woman that thinks she is marrying a man for what she will get or because she is desperate is on a looong thing.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by cyprus000: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
efemenaslectura:
Obviously you can't jam my type because I avoid your kinds like leprosy. I prefer the men you people refer to as sissy wink cheesy grin

I know your kinds hate men like that tongue

as per the things you emboldened it's the naked truth you hate to admit but it's true anyway cool

meanwhile I don't provoke people unnecessarily kiss except they incite me cheesy
[size=13pt]
It's all good anywaywink.

About the embolded.even tho there is an atom of truth in that assertion.
I still consider it as stereotyping,cos those kind of peeps who does that are extremly rare.

I personally havn't seen any man that did dat,all my stay outside,except twice in the news and it is mostly cos of green card,but I have seen a black lady who
Paid a white guy and they arranged fake marriage just for the green card.
This scenario can not be applied in your above assertion,cos its a contract and not life time commitment.cos after two or three month,they will file for divorce.
That's not marriage/relationship,but contract.

On the flipside:
I dun change,just for you and i want to marry youtongue.
Say yes and me and my kinsmen go show your papa house with palm wine tomorrowgringrincheesy
I go explain to my shed,I sure say she go understandtonguegrin

[/size]
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Sagamite(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
craziebone:

i am sorry if love doesn't exist to you.

Secondly, we still see men and women who just get up and abscond from marriages just like that. We have seen men run off with other women, leaving their wives and kids. We have also seen cases where women eloped with their lovers abroad, leaving behind, the man and children. So what's the difference?

And no, i wouldn't like a case where if i just want to get out of a marriage or she wants to get out of a marriage with me, i or she have to prove a point! Just tell me you are tired of staying and that's it! I will just let you go! We can talk about the welfare of the children, if any and if they are not of ge yet. The point is, the flimzier the reason, the more readily i would let you go. I also expect the same thing from her. The flizier the reason i give the more readily i would expect her to let me go. Why on earth do you want to stay with someone who just doesn't want you anymore? She doesn't need to come up with a beautiful case before i let her go.

Just for the records, i do not see marriage as different from a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Marriage is actually the continuation of a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship after some traditional thing (be it church, mosque, court or traditional marriage) has been done. There is no physical, emotional, psychological difference afterwards.

@Sagamite, what do you think?

What I see in it is two people protecting their best interest.

It is in his best interest to have only a traditional marriage. It is in her best interest to have a court marriage.

She is threatening, but at the end of the day, it is the person with the more bargaining power and will that can win/get their way.

As per love, I am yet to see anyone on Earth that can explain what it is to me:

https://www.nairaland.com/1104052/what-romantic-love-what-form

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sagamite:

What I see in it is two people protecting their best interest.

It is in his best interest to have only a traditional marriage. It is in her best interest to have a court marriage.

She is threatening, but at the end of the day, it is the person with the more bargaining power and will that can win/get their way.

As per love, I am yet to see anyone on Earth that can explain what it is to me:

https://www.nairaland.com/1104052/what-romantic-love-what-form

what do you mean by "bargaining power" especially in this case?

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bashydemy(m): 9:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
refreshrate:

Dem never marry.
So which house?
At this stage if she leaves they will say she jilted.
After marriage (whichever one) dem go say they are divorced
if the man is the head in this case how come it's the girls place they do the conclusion of process?

Till they are married in some way, the man is head of himself.

Think am
They should part way and let see who the biggest looser will be..
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by refreshrate: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
bashydemy:
They should part way and let see who the biggest looser will be..

Life isn't always about that oga. it's a union of two. no winner no loser. You keep looking at it from this perspective of yours and in sorry you'll remain single. If they split eventually they'll both get other people to marry don't doubt that for one moment. might be better, might be worse.
parting ways however should never I repeat never be seen as a means to solutions in a marriage.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by refreshrate: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
craziebone:

what do you mean by "bargaining power" especially in this case?
He who cares less has the most power in any relationship.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by 0lushola(m): 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
refreshrate:

Life isn't always about that oga. it's a union of two. no winner no loser. You keep looking at it from this perspective of yours and in sorry you'll remain single. If they split eventually they'll both get other people to marry don't doubt that for one moment. might be better, might be worse.
parting ways however should never I repeat never be seen as a means to solutions in a marriage.
And I will tell you that when THE DESIRED is not AVAILABLE, the AVAILABLE becomes the DESIRED.. the worst thing that can happen to a MAN is to get into a bad marriage, I pray you dn't see a situation whereby divorce w0uld be the only option u have..
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by refreshrate: 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
0lushola:
And I will tell you that when THE DESIRED is not AVAILABLE, the AVAILABLE becomes the DESIRED.. the worst thing that can happen to a MAN is to get into a bad marriage, I pray you dn't see a situation whereby divorce w0uld be the only option u have..

You'll be amazed if you think deeply about what you just said. A bad marriage takes two just like a good one. Think about it. Two people don't decide to spend their lives together cos they hate each other. There's always a diconnect somewhere which might not necessarily be peculiar to just that marriage, but how it's handled by the couple involved.

Let's do this give me a logical scenario of a bad marriage with as many facts as possible. No I don't knows and stuff let me clarify this for you.

Are you game ?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bukatyne(f): 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Are the men raving here that no court wedding different from the men in real life who do court wedding daily?

All the men around me did court wedding or got the court licence & certificate to wed (for registered churches). It is actually a prerequisite in RCCG. It is also a proof you are single.

Who thinks of inheritance when doing registry wedding? Don't greedy family members not seize their brother's properties when the wife has proof of joint ownership?

This is NL as usual
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by 0lushola(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
refreshrate:

You'll be amazed if you think deeply about what you just said. A bad marriage takes two just like a good one. Think about it. Two people don't decide to spend their lives together cos they hate each other. There's always a diconnect somewhere which might not necessarily be peculiar to just that marriage, but how it's handled by the couple involved.

Let's do this give me a logical scenario of a bad marriage with as many facts as possible. No I don't knows and stuff let me clarify this for you.

Are you game ?
Its like u dn't get me, am nt saying couples should run away fr0m their marriage, infact i won't advice it.. you'v promise 4beta 4worst, So endure till tw0 finally become 1.. buh a worst situation involving life and death either fr0m the lady angle or the man angle.. even the court or religious people will advice you to gently work out, for the betterment of both of you.. Like seriously. some things are n0t meant to be buh are done out of Adversity.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by bashydemy(m): 4:23am On Jul 12, 2015
refreshrate:

Like i said as a man i have the say over anything that happen in marriage and my pocket will suffer the pain not her's, About loosing at the end you mean for Amaka to go and start another 5years courtship afresh? I guess she will end up in redeem praying for hubby at the end of the day..

Any day any time the guy will always have an upper hand exept if he is broke, Don't be surprise the best friend of Amaka might say yes to prince even without him proposing to her... No be this world wey we dey?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by refreshrate: 7:01am On Jul 12, 2015
bashydemy:
Like i said as a man i have the say over anything that happen in marriage and my pocket will suffer the pain not her's, About loosing at the end you mean for Amaka to go and start another 5years courtship afresh? I guess she will end up in redeem praying for hubby at the end of the day..

Any day any time the guy will always have an upper hand exept if he is broke, Don't be surprise the best friend of Amaka might say yes to prince even without him proposing to her... No be this world wey we dey?

Now youre getting it twisted.
Prior to my previous post someone had suggested they go their separate ways to see who would lose more. I advised otherwise that seperation isnt always the solution to a problem between a couple.

Secondly about having an upper hand (especially with money as leverage) Thats rather primitive. Im certain you dont like feminism and its strapping, but thats precisely the male version youre exhibiting when you speak this way.

Marriage is not a destination but a journey, and like any journey anything can happen. If your 'upper hand' drops someday-heaven forbid, and she now becomes your source of support, what do you think is likely going to be your fate?

Life happens.

Amakas friend saying yes without a proposal...lust wears out over time, love grows over time. My advice? Fall in love, it makes the ride worth it, trust me.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by refreshrate: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2015
0lushola:
Its like u dn't get me, am nt saying couples should run away fr0m their marriage, infact i won't advice it.. you'v promise 4beta 4worst, So endure till tw0 finally become 1.. buh a worst situation involving life and death either fr0m the lady angle or the man angle.. even the court or religious people will advice you to gently work out, for the betterment of both of you.. Like seriously. some things are n0t meant to be buh are done out of Adversity.

I think this is a totally different scenario youre painting here, theres really no life and death situation that even me wont advice the person to run away, trust me even if its between mother and child.

However, this is just purely a case of solely a case of wedding type, last i checked didnt see anything so extreme in such a situation. Or am i still getting you wrong sir?
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by Mcoldsoja(m): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2015
Mek dem wed for traditional court.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by refreshrate: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2015
craziebone:

i disagree with you completely! It is not only in court i can make my marriage to her 'binding'. What about the one we do in the presence of our parents and guardians? You people seem to be fixated on the guy's 'commitment' what about the lady? What kind of commitment is she doing? What exactly is she bringing to the table? Remember, we live in a world where if your wife or girlfriend gets pregnant for you, she can decide not to keep the child and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU, A GUY, CAN DO! It is then they would tell you "its my body!" they tell you this like you are dragging ownership of their body with them. All of these are backed up by the law!

This is the reason I WILL NEVER GET MARRIED!!! For them, it is about marriage and nothing else. When you come here, you will find ladies who will break up a meaningful and beautiful relationship with a very good guy just because a stranger came around and proposed to her. And i am like, what...? What exactly is marriage going to give to you that you don't already have with your boyfriend? Personally for me, if there is a thing i am not already getting from my relationship with a lady, then i will never get it in marriage, as simple as that! Is it fulfilment, satisfaction, commitment or love? If we are not already having any of the above while we are still being boyfriends and girlfriends, then we will not be able to get it when we get married. Build a meaningful relationship, first! It is absolutely unreasonable to break up a relationship that is already going on well just because another person came to propose to you. Why wreck a ship that is already sailing smoothly?

slow down oga. This one you dey para like this.

Firstly the issue of commitment and what shes bringing to the table are two completely different issues. One might lead to the other but still they are two separate issues. Dont get it twisted.

secondly on the issue of comitment you make in front of your parents compared to going to the registry.
can you take your brother to the police for owing you money? Now compare that to someone you lent money but refuses to refund you.
Thats the difference between the registry thing and what you wrote about commitment in front of your parents.

These things are checks for balances, cos we are human, in a spur of anger or any other emotion people can do something tht could leave a permanent problem in both their lives.

Lets take an example, Prince sees another babe tomorrow knowing fully well hes got an agreement at the registry will be another check he would have to tick before proceeding with running after her. If he does run after her he cant just come and throw it in Amakas face subjecting her to unnecessary strain and stress throwing caution to the wind.

Why?

Youre not going to believe theres actually jail term for doing so. Ask any married couple whos been to the registry.

The decision to follow through should the partner break the agreement, well thats a whole different issue.

Your view on marriage is well to say the least, your view, circumstances would definitely change this someday. You only speak like this cos of the present stage you are.

I would rather time have that argument with you than me. When that time comes be sure to send an invite, trust me i wont say i told you so.

life afterall they say is in stages.
Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2015
Gbam. Tokubo has nailed it perfectly.
You deserve this dollars for stating the raw truth
Toks2008:

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 10:00am On Jul 12, 2015
Of course a nigerian man will always marry Oyinbo for motives and it's usually for green papers. If there were no green papers involved you think he go near am grin

Then as per the palm wine thing sorry none of my family members do palm wine. The smell and the flies escorting the palm wine is a huge turn off. Don't worry go and check the next bustop you will see a bimbo white girl to marry that you can easily "chance her" and get away with it grin

speaking of which you're one of the reasons black women are so angryDgrin however that's a story for another day grin
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
It's all good anywaywink.

About the embolded.even tho there is an atom of truth in that assertion.
I still consider it as stereotyping,cos those kind of peeps who does that are extremly rare.

I personally havn't seen any man that did dat,all my stay outside,except twice in the news and it is mostly cos of green card,but I have seen a black lady who
Paid a white guy and they arranged fake marriage just for the green card.
This scenario can not be applied in your above assertion,cos its a contract and not life time commitment.cos after two or three month,they will file for divorce.
That's not marriage/relationship,but contract.

On the flipside:
I dun change,just for you and i want to marry youtongue.
Say yes and me and my kinsmen go show your papa house with palm wine tomorrowgringrincheesy
I go explain to my shed,I sure say she go understandtonguegrin

[/size]

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 10:31am On Jul 12, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Thank you my brda cool

No mind all this galz,wey think say every guy na mumu.

Just dey watch them on 3D cool
[/size]

Cyprus I know you are just trying to be funny. Like cococandy has said any man that doesn't want to do court marriage is already a suspect. It's like that marriage certificate is a threat to you guys if not I don't understand why you are scared grin

1 Like

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2015
Which kind of primitive way of reasoning is this. Una dey do first to marry competition ni?

besides if you are not happy or fulfilled single what makes you think marriage will make you fulfilled or happy. From my observations I've realised marriage is like an illusion. Like when you are driving and you see the road afar you think it's all smooth, rosy and perfect. When you get to that particular spot you were looking from a far you'll see it's not the situation of things. It was just an illusion. If you place your happiness on the existence of a human being that is very unpredictable you'll be sad forever. No wonder the Bible said cursed is any man who puts his trust in an ordinary mortal
bashydemy:

Re: She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... by efemenaslectura: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2015
@bashy just like any human possession/achievements like money, academic qualifications, houses etc.if you're not happy fulfilled and contented from the inside what makes you think all of them will make you happy. Same thing applies to marriage to. If you think marriage is the zenith of human accomplishment just wait till the storms of life aka midlife crisis hits you. Then you will know what's up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? / Moment Bride's Mum Warned The Groom Not To Lay Hands On Her Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.