Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe (1120 Views)

Kenny Ogungbe Set To Release His First Album / Video: Kenny Keke Ogungbe Cheated Me And Kelly Handsome / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2009
Alaba must be shut down - Keke Ogungbe http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/6/400.html

By Our correspondent

CEO of Kennis music, Kenny 'Keke' Ogungbe has come out hard on the piracy epidemic plaguing record labels and music makers in the country.

File
Kenny Ogungbe

advertisement

The showbiz impresario, whose label, like many others, has been severely battered by the activities of the piracy mafia, says a lasting solution to the menace may not be found until the Alaba International Market, believed to be the haven of pirates, and the headquarters of the multi-billion naira piracy industry, is shut down.

Ogungbe voiced his recommendation on Wednesday March 4 while he was a guest on Today on STV. "If the current Minister of Information and Communication could shut down a whole market in Anambra (when she was the DG OF NAFDAC), because of fake drugs, then I see no reason why Alaba should not be shut," he said as the show came to an end.

He was responding to the presenter, Iretiola Doyle's question on the problems of piracy in the country.

Several entertainment industry executives have proffered different ways of getting out of the piracy quagmire, and the Copyright Commission continues to carry out regular raids on the market. But all the efforts have come to naught, as pirated CDs, DVDs and books continue to litter the streets; selling at cheap prices competing with original materials.

It is even more worrisome, according to industry professionals, that more of the pirates now double as legitimate marketers; and most times, labels who refuse to use their network have had their works massively pirated, to serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by lalaboi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2009
He should friggin shut up mahn. . . . .He's in no fekkn position to talk when it comes to morals. . .
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by Skywalker5(m): 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2009
i feel this is going to be hard.Shuting alaba down would not solve this problem.This people have the equipments located somewhere and they can always regroup somewhere to do them again.IF they can get the godfathers of the game,i feel that would be better

Wait.What am i saying.Lalaboi,you right.He should really shutup. Haba,Shut down a whole Alaba?where electronics and other things are sold because of Pirated CDs.What should have to other people selling other items.Because of his own pocket,he want everybody to suffer?

Conclusion.Find other means of getting the pirates,Shutting it down is not the Solution.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by lalaboi(m): 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2009
Am not even saying the idea is wrong. . . . . .But its coming from the wrong person. . . . .He his as bad as the pirates. . . . angry
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by skingo(m): 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2009
u guys on nairaland are nothing but posters and posers. u knw lil or nothing going on in the industry. pdiddy is not the nicest person around in the music business but h is undeniably a music mogul responsible for the sucesses of the likes of lil kim, biggie etc. same with kenny ogungbe responsible for the success of tuface who has gone beyon the african market after only starting in festac. shut up i repeat. yes alaba should be eradicated. i support this notion and there should be a poll attached to this thread!
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by rapjunkie(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2009
Sky-walker:

IF they can get the godfathers of the game,i feel that would be better

Haba,Shut down a whole Alaba?where electronics and other things are sold because of Pirated CDs.What should have to other people selling other items.Because of his own pocket,he want everybody to suffer?

Conclusion.Find other means of getting the pirates,Shutting it down is not the Solution.

I think shutting it down is a bit over the top and wont change anything. There has to be away to make the godfather's more accountable. You can't shut down piracy completly anywhere in the world  BUT you can reduce/limit it by strong regulation. Don't know how any of this is feasible in Naija but you cant stand around and do nothing or the industry will suffocate itself.

@Skingo

Do u really think the problem will disappear if Alaba is eradicated?. Is it that simple? Wouldn't they just  move on to somewhere else and continue? What purpose would a poll serve until you've explained this to us? OR are you just repeatiing what keke said?

skingo:

u guys on nairaland are nothing but posters and posers. u knw lil or nothing going on in the industry

Lets us hear your thoughts since you are implying that you know a lot about the industry.

Its also refreshing to read a comment by you that doesnt mention Sauce Kid lipsrsealed
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by darequam(m): 8:37am On Mar 08, 2009
Lets spit the fact on this issue, this pirates are really cheating both musicians and actors including their producers and directors i think,
The funny thing is that its kinda of benefiting to we buying it @ a consumer price. I see no reason why an audio cd of a musician shouldn't be sold for at least #350 but cus of pirates, this people av to settle for #100 which means from wholesale it would be like #50. Now tell me how u wan't an artist like 2face to live like R-kelly(even thou he got money but he deserves better)
If i were to be in a commanding position that could act against these criminals, i wil not attack Alaba, i wil give order to policemen and any other law enforcing agents to feel free to raid all shops in the street selling fake Cds, Frustrate them and even collect 4rm them money for breakfast, launch and supper if possible,
After some time they won't dare trade in fake cds again, hence Alaba or wherever would run out of customers, Piracy wil be minimised a bit.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by tosinaded(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2009
The way to face pirates
na to join them gyrate
na them dey talk ur fate
u dey sing dem dey rate

-2shotz
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by pheesayor(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2009
tosinaded@:

The way to face pirates
na to join them gyrate
na them dey talk ur fate
u dey sing dem dey rate

-2shotz

Thanks for refreshing our memories jare, that worked for 2shortz, it can work for any other
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 10, 2009
lala boi should shut his dirty smelling ass mouth,saying keke is the wrong person,see ur head like ur nyash,,,

IDIOT.

ALABA SHOULD BE SHUT PERMANENTLY(THE CD SECTION ALONE)

PEACE.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by dejiariyo: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2009
why are pple disrespecting keke ogungbe?what has he done wrong for God sake, u pple shud stop being ignorant and dont just talk cos u feel like talking.
keke has done alot for the industry than worst and all the nigerian artiste can attest to that.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by chronique(m): 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2009
even though kenny isn't the right person to talk about morals,i think the music section of alaba should be shut down.who ever wants to sell audio works should buy directly from the labels.there should be a market where only record labels should trade their goods and whosoever wants to deal with them sould go through some kinda regulated license and all that stuff, they can work it out.alaba mussst be shut.i have my own acts who am kinda scared about their fate when their album drops.i must confess.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by mrmetoo1: 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2009
As much as i don't want to disagree with lalaboi, i think in this case i would have to. How soon we forget but Keke did a lot for the naija music industry. If not for Keke, D1, through AIT Jams we prob won't have the vibrant industry we have today. He brought out the pioneers of this new age industry and gave them a stage. I don't exactly know what Kenny has done that ppl think he doesn't have the moral standards to talk but i think he deserves some respect sha but that's just my own opinion.

As per shutting down the whole of Alaba market because of some pirates is just plain ridiculous. A lot of ppl make a honest living from there and suggesting such extreme solutions doesn't just help the situation.
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by vikiviko(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2009
Keke how do you want us to support the cause
Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by ajayi1(m): 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
We all know that keke do some good and bad stuff. He had bad reputation in to most Nigerians too ( No one is perfect). As per the Shut Down of Alaba - This is rediculous and we don't need to hear such thing from that man call 'keke' (He target food and been a good hero from that side which is bad).

Re: Alaba Must Be Shut Down - Keke Ogungbe by dasa: 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
a total shutdown will not help. it should be heavily regulated. with serious sanctions for defaulters.
the network these guys have built is highly valuable. they can put a cd on the streets of sokoto easily. that spread is great. but they need to be heavily policed to the play within the law.

our artistes should be very rich. the number of cd's sold do not reflect in their accounts at all. they are offered b/w 500k and 2m for their work and they accept under how we go do. the really popular ones get more.

our music is too under valued, imagine a full album for 100 naira. insult.

i call for strict regulation. jail few, everybody will fall in line.

(1) (Reply)

Nneka Talks To The Bbc / **another Beat I Made.listen 4rm D Intro 2d Outro Nd Say Ur Mind*free Download** / New Eminem: “not Afraid”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.