Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now (61915 Views)

Top Ten Hottest And Best Rappers In Nigeria 2016 / Top 10 Best And Hottest Rappers In Nigeria-nigerian Infopedia / Top 10 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria For 2015 (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Donlouise(m): 12:08am On Jul 11, 2015
kay29000:

Pls name just one song from Vector in 2015 that is hot on radio...Just one song.
Kingkong, kingkong remix ft sarkodie
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by GodstimeAlale(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2015
kay29000:

Pls name just one song from Vector in 2015 that is hot on radio...Just one song.
#KingKong
kay29000:

#KingKong
kay29000:

#KingKong
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Donlouise(m): 12:25am On Jul 11, 2015
meccuno:
There is a difference between being hot and being the best lyricist......Mode 9 and MI are the best lyricist Nigeria Has......but the hottest are 1. Olamide 2. Phyno 3. Reminisce 4. Ice Prince.
bro I will rather rate Vector any day anytime ahead of M.I. If u pt M.I and vector head 2 head on freestyle mehn VEC go bury M.I.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Alezy(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2015
ssusoloc:
Oga comot MI from there jare
make God bless u my brother
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by bimboshittu101: 12:30am On Jul 11, 2015
My list. Eedris Ruggedman Black face Overdose Mode 9 tongue
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by shurlar50(m): 12:45am On Jul 11, 2015
SuperSuave:
you're kidding right? Olamide is the hottest overall artiste right now and the most consistent for the past 5yra
OLAMIDE z no longer a 'rapper' at the moment...melo melo, shakiti bobo are hot songs but he didnt rap
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Rexnegro(m): 1:19am On Jul 11, 2015
Realgana:
Eedris Abdulkarim
Lord of Ajasa
2shots
Ruggedman
Alaye
Indomie generation will be like what is this guy saying.
U forgot 2phat, junior and pretty, ruff rugged and raw, blackface , timi , freestyle , raski , maintain , big lo, etc etc
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by raysville(m): 2:10am On Jul 11, 2015
MI is the Greatest!
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Please whoever is stil lookin fr a rapper frm yoruba land shud go to dagrins grave nd pay him d tributes den u can go n c reminisce. as for olamide he is gud in singing clearly buh listen well if he trys to rap he endz up making noise. the top ten rappers in naija remains:
1. M.I (d most literate rapper in naija,also skilled in punchlynz n words play).
2. JESSE JAGS (mostly known as d studio manager in choc boyz buh he is a guru in hard punchlynz n rythmz in reggae form,,surely his flow is sicker dan his president)
3. VECTOR (ever listened to one of his music were he said "b careful wat u luk at bcus wat opened adams eyes closed abachas eyes". surely only mi and jagz beatz him).
4.PHYNO (learned frm d best and is currently d most skilled rapper in native language)
5. REMINISCE (although he started slowly buh i tink in terms of native rapping,,he is nearest to dagrin)
the list goes on to the next 5 being:
6. YUNG6IX( king of the south,,,swaggerlomo)
7. ICE PRINCE(SWAGED ABOKI)
8. ERRIGA
9.PHENOM (the great rapper frm benin)
10.EVA LORDIAH (only female in the top 10)
illbliss and slow dog follow next.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by opepwince: 4:10am On Jul 11, 2015
Illbliss n Yung6ix gotta be included
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Rilwayne001: 4:56am On Jul 11, 2015
Barrister Lawyer should be on that list. OP is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Jroy(m): 5:04am On Jul 11, 2015
kay29000:

King kong
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by NobleG1(m): 5:08am On Jul 11, 2015
kay29000:
I was just watching Reminisce's 'Local Rappers' video yesterday, and was thinking of how far Nigerian rappers have come in the last couple of years. Things are now looking good for Naija rappers, and they don't have to sound foreign to be accepted.

I decided to put a list together, naming who I consider the TOP 5 HOTTEST rappers in Nigeria right now. Yup! Here goes.

5. Ice Prince

4. M.I

3. Phyno

2. Reminisce

1. Olamide

What do you think? You disagree with any placement? As I always say when I put lists like this up; this is the HOTTEST rappers in the game list, and not the most lyrical rappers in the game list. I believe these 5 guys I have mentioned are the hottest in the game right now, in 2015. Ice Prince has had a long stretch for the past 4 years, but I think they slowed things down at Choc City for him, so that his label mate, M.I can get some shine too with his latest album. Olamide and Phyno have been killing shit consistently for years now, but in the last couple of months, Reminisce has been bringing that fire. I would put him at number one, but Olamide's work ethic is just insane.

http://www.kaysrapzone.com/2015/07/top-5-hottest-nigerian-rappers-right.html

Olamide number one? Really?
You mean Olamide who screams like someone who has something shoved in his as*s?
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Abayor7: 5:11am On Jul 11, 2015
Realgana:
Eedris Abdulkarim
Lord of Ajasa
2shots
Ruggedman
Alaye
Indomie generation will be like what is this guy saying.

I would have agreed only if you've included Barrack 0'grin angry angry
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Rotimi47: 5:54am On Jul 11, 2015
1.Olamide.
2.Reminisce.
3.Phyno.
4.Ice prince.
5.MI

Sentiments apart, these are the present Top 5 rappers as at date in Nigeria when you talk about word play, rhyme, delivery, metaphor, consistency, swag etc;

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by tomiobj(m): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2015
kay29000:
I was just watching Reminisce's 'Local Rappers' video yesterday, and was thinking of how far Nigerian rappers have come in the last couple of years. Things are now looking good for Naija rappers, and they don't have to sound foreign to be accepted.

Download pepenazi ft olamide. Illegal
https://app.box.com/s/ycgcnzmbnt63uk1ah43hyiatax6di4h5

I decided to put a list together, naming who I consider the TOP 5 HOTTEST rappers in Nigeria right now. Yup! Here goes.

5. Ice Prince

4. M.I

3. Phyno

2. Reminisce

1. Olamide

What do you think? You disagree with any placement? As I always say when I put lists like this up; this is the HOTTEST rappers in the game list, and not the most lyrical rappers in the game list. I believe these 5 guys I have mentioned are the hottest in the game right now, in 2015. Ice Prince has had a long stretch for the past 4 years, but I think they slowed things down at Choc City for him, so that his label mate, M.I can get some shine too with his latest album. Olamide and Phyno have been killing shit consistently for years now, but in the last couple of months, Reminisce has been bringing that fire. I would put him at number one, but Olamide's work ethic is just insane.

http://www.kaysrapzone.com/2015/07/top-5-hottest-nigerian-rappers-right.html
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2015
Pinkylilly:
For me...
1. Olamide
2. Reminisce
3. M.I
4. Phyno
5. Lil Kesh
53. Mode 9
Funny thing is that mode 9 would slaughter all the other rappers on that list even when he's sleep talking.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nemesis99(m): 6:46am On Jul 11, 2015
iamkingzlee:
haba! soo are you trying to compare Reminisce with vector and Olamide? C'mon mahn!
I just asked for the definition of rap and u are asking this weird question
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by ModiKen(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2015
Pinkylilly:
For me...
1. Olamide
2. Reminisce
3. M.I
4. Phyno
5. Lil Kesh
53. Mode 9

Mode 9 still beta than the bunch u listed.

They all rap junk.
If u are yoruba u wld knw Olamide raps total rubbish, no meaning in what he says and lil kesh is his protege.

M.I combines words just to rhyme no meaning too. For example "He is d incredible, lyrical, musical, medical, miracle, on ur stereo, area".....what the facque is dat? Rap?

Reminise same as Olamide and Lil Kesh

Phyno...na one rope tie him, Olamide and Lil Kesh jus t dat his own side of the rope has a different colour. (I was in Owerri for four years so, I understand every rubbish he says.

Moddy d best out all of them, nxt Jesse Jags, every other one na management.

Things are the way they are in Nigeria in terms of music (where the good ones are sidelined for jokers) cos the more u rap or sing rubbish the more "hits" u get, the more air play u get, the more endorsement. But if u make sense, u are rejected outright. Still surprised how Tuface made it in a society that cares less for meaningful songs

No wonder Wizkid and Davido top the charts while Dare ArtAlade and Timi Dakolo are just heard once in a while.

Listen to songs of Ebenezar Obey, Oliver da Coque, Osita Osadebe, Fela, Sali Young, Onyeka Owenu....those guys didnt jus get a good beat and sang whatever they liked on it....they made SENSE. They always had a message to pass.

Unlike our musicians today who just mumble a lot of meaningless thing on a good beat with a repetitive chorus.

I rest my case here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by ModiKen(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2015
OP why is Airforce1 not on dat list?.... grin
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by swankylay(m): 7:20am On Jul 11, 2015
Top 5 is different from top TALENTED 5 . Your top 5 only shows those that are in d game atm. Only couple of them are talented.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by bionictino(m): 7:26am On Jul 11, 2015
1...Olamide badoo. 2....Phino phyno. 3....Vector d viper. 4....Ice prince zamani. 5....Me smiley wink cheesy grin cool tongue
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 11, 2015
kay29000:

I am not talking of dopeness or lyricism here, I am talking of HOTNESS...Radio play and all that.
If it is radio play then vector should be on that list. His songs dey get massive airplay.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 11, 2015
Clintonblaze:
Please whoever is stil lookin fr a rapper frm yoruba land shud go to dagrins grave nd pay him d tributes den u can go n c reminisce. as for olamide he is gud in singing clearly buh listen well if he trys to rap he endz up making noise. the top ten rappers in naija remains:
1. M.I (d most literate rapper in naija,also skilled in punchlynz n words play).
2. JESSE JAGS (mostly known as d studio manager in choc boyz buh he is a guru in hard punchlynz n rythmz in reggae form,,surely his flow is sicker dan his president)
3. VECTOR (ever listened to one of his music were he said "b careful wat u luk at bcus wat opened adams eyes closed abachas eyes". surely only mi and jagz beatz him).
4.PHYNO (learned frm d best and is currently d most skilled rapper in native language)
5. REMINISCE (although he started slowly buh i tink in terms of native rapping,,he is nearest to dagrin)
the list goes on to the next 5 being:
6. YUNG6IX( king of the south,,,swaggerlomo)
7. ICE PRINCE(SWAGED ABOKI)
8. ERRIGA
9.PHENOM (the great rapper frm benin)
10.EVA LORDIAH (only female in the top 10)
illbliss and slow dog follow next.

Haven't you heard that Street has taken over smiley wink Punchline o jawo mo.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2015
ModiKen:

Mode 9 still beta than the bunch u listed.

They all rap junk.
If u are yoruba u wld knw Olamide raps total rubbish, no meaning in what he says and lil kesh is his protege.

M.I combines words just to rhyme no meaning too. For example "He is d incredible, lyrical, musical, medical, miracle, on ur stereo, area".....what the facque is dat? Rap?

Reminise same as Olamide and Lil Kesh

Phyno...na one rope tie him, Olamide and Lil Kesh jus t dat his own side of the rope has a different colour. (I was in Owerri for four years so, I understand every rubbish he says.

Moddy d best out all of them, nxt Jesse Jags, every other one na management.

Things are the way they are in Nigeria in terms of music (where the good ones are sidelined for jokers) cos the more u rap or sing rubbish the more "hits" u get, the more air play u get, the more endorsement. But if u make sense, u are rejected outright. Still surprised how Tuface made it in a society that cares less for meaningful songs

No wonder Wizkid and Davido top the charts while Dare ArtAlade and Timi Dakolo are just heard once in a while.

Listen to songs of Ebenezar Obey, Oliver da Coque, Osita Osadebe, Fela, Sali Young, Onyeka Owenu....those guys didnt jus get a good beat and sang whatever they liked on it....they made SENSE. They always had a message to pass.

Unlike our musicians today who just mumble a lot of meaningless thing on a good beat with a repetitive chorus.

I rest my case here.
you try. no offence to mode 9 but his music cant sell in 9ja. he should start looking at 9ja market or go abroad to sing his hardcore music. tho I like him co na fine boy but I dont feel his music at all.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by tonquendo4u(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2015
U must b a yoruba to put Olamide and Reminisce b4 Phyno.Atleast he comes b4 reminisce
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by miftauferrets(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2015
Pinkylilly:
For me... 1. Olamide 2. Reminisce 3. M.I 4. Phyno 5. Lil Kesh . . . 53. Mode 9
wa gbayi
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Jibsonified(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2015
A girl like u sabi rap game like this, I love u for this.

Amusaopeyemi:
1. Olamide (He's like the most hard working artiste at the moment. *in his voice* Mon be kiri bi olosho, mi o kin duro ni junction)

2. Reminisce ( Baba Hafusa have got lyrics mehn *in his voice* Tell me who rap pass me this year, nowo kin ri e abi o fe tee.)

3. Phyno ( Another very hardworking phellow *in his voice* Emi phyno, kin ma ladi, kin ma jedi, eji sinba.)

4. M I ( He's ok, his flow is good after all he raps in english.)

5. Vectorrrrrrrrrrr ( Nigerian Jay-z. He's my boyfriend. I really hope he's working on an album cuz it's been a while and consistence is the key. *in his voice* I run ekiti, fayose)

It's been a while, where is Mode 9 na
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by mauchion: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2015
for me t's

Phyno

MI

Reminisce

Ice prince

Olamide
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by femoscorpion: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2015
My opinion there are 2 groups of rappers: local rapper/free verse rappers and worldplay/punchline/ rhyming rapper. In the first category of free verse we have : 1 olamide 2 Phyno 3 reminiscence 4 lord of ajasa 5 niggaraw In the ryhming je rapper/ world play we have 1 M.i 2 ice prince 3 vector 4 jessy jags 5 yungix. And. Finally mode 9 is not even in any of these group cos he is totally hardcore! So there is no Comparison at all...go to the school of Rap!
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by baslone: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2015
NobleG1:

Olamide number one? Really?
You mean Olamide who screams like someone who has something shoved in his as*s?

And what does 2pac, jarule, dmx do?
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by karllemah44(m): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2015
Wat abt our female rappers

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Drags Wizkid To Police Commissioner / Prophetess BĂ©nie Marthe Predicted DJ Arafat's Death In 2018 / Daniella Okeke Pictured With Her Father At Hospital, Calls Him Her "Sugar Daddy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.