Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Where do Atheists go when they die? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where do Atheists go when they die? (13471 Views)

Atheists 'Go Ballistic' When Children Visit Ark Encounter. / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by johnydon22(m): 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
scarred9jan:

why only white girls. i wanted to dash you my cousin... she needs to be "dereligionize"
I can manage her too wink...lol
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by NumberOne2(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
johnydon22:
An apple fruit, that has no apple tree is tantamount to nothing.
Even more so, still following the analogy, you say you are eating an apple fruit yet can't prove there really is an apple fruit simple shows the apple fruit is just in your head.

And then again that is the atheist position. . .You are talking about the sweetness of an apple fruit when you can't show the fruit, when you can't prove there is a fruit. . how can someone taste an apple fruit that can be passed as a mere illusionary projection on the part of you who claims there is an apple fruit, because once you cannot show there is its still is tantamount to NOTHING
still on the matter, tell me to try and unproved and remarkably unprovable concept. . You yourself say it's unprovable, then how come you got to try something that is unprovable. . . Aaaah the hook absurd notion of believing it by faith.

i.e: Maybe you think we were born and raised atheists..lol.. many of us were born and raised theists, we have tried tasting and we saw its just in your head

A television has a default home mode when switched on (unless yours do not have it)
Irreligious theist (am happy you have agreed belief is not synonymous to religion) fall within the confine of the default home screen mode. The t.v is just ON without being on any channel.

Religions are the channels. . . Nickelodeon, African magic.

Atheism simply means the T.V is OFF (belief in a deity is OFF)

What is this? I didn't say God is unprovable!!! I said:
[size=16pt]GOD IS UNPROVABLE BY MAN EXCEPT BY GOD HIMSELF!!![/size] Why cut the sentence half way
THE APPLE FRUIT IS THE BIBLE which we can ALL SEE (it is not an illusion). It is VERY VISIBLE. I have said this before!
I say you have concluded, hence you have started misquoting me.

Please, when a TV is on, it shows something which is usually a channel.
What is default mode? Menu pop-ups? Are those channels?
So your analogy will be false without digital TV. Even at that, a well configure digital TV will show a channel when ON unless it is new? (like a new born baby). Flawed analogy.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by johnydon22(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

What is this? I didn't say God is unprovable!!! I said:
[size=16pt]GOD IS UNPROVABLE BY MAN EXCEPT BY GOD HIMSELF!! Why cut the sentence half way
That is it then. . .Since god can prove himself, he doesn't need you to tell me about him because i don't need you to tell me there is a sun, it is certain. . . so since you can't prove god, stop trying. Since he can prove himself then let him start doing it, there is no way you have to get into the picture unless you just want to sell your delusion on others
]THE APPLE FRUIT IS THE BIBLEwhich we can ALL SEE (it is not an illusion). It is VERY VISIBLE. I have said this before!
I say you have concluded, hence you have started misquoting me.
am very sure i never called the bible an illusion but it is the source of the illusionary delusion just like it's younger brother the Koran.

We can all see the Spiderman and superman comics and even watch their films (those are not illusions) But there is no spiderman at least provable in reality, so it is clear the book is a book but the stories and concepts it passes are just fictious illusions. . ..so the bible is a very poor way to back up your claim because the bible itself is the claim.

This is like someone who believes spiderman is real in reality banking on spiderman comic books to prove spider man is real... Is this not funny? . .lol..

Please, when a TV is on, it shows something which is usually a channel.
What is default mode? Menu pop-ups? Are those channels?
So your analogy will be false without digital TV. Even at that, a well configure digital TV will show a channel when ON unless it is new? (like a new born baby). Flawed analogy.
I can rightly say you are just using a blank t.v. . . A television has a default home screen, in many old televisions its called the AV screen..You don't even know t.v's have default home screens...
#Pheeeeeeeew. . . lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by NumberOne2(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
johnydon22:

I can rightly say you are just using a blank t.v. . . A television has a default home screen, in many old televisions its called the AV screen..You don't even know t.v's have default home screens...
#Pheeeeeeeew. . . lipsrsealed

Correction: I am NOT trying to prove God cos I have said I cant; same as the ability to proove that God does NOT exist.

Bros, AV is a blank channel. I thought the Buddhist were blank. How many blanks are on this TV?
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by johnydon22(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

Correction: I am NOT trying to prove God cos I have said I cant; same as the ability to proove that God does NOT exist.
That is exactly the point. . .You can't prove it, and an unproven concept remains a claim and cannot be disproved because there is nothing to disprove.

You can't prove or disprove the existence of a yellow white dark green diamond flying rabbit

Bros, AV is a blank channel. I thought the Buddhist were blank. How many blanks are on this TV?
My Goodness... am wowed honestly..
AV is a TV mode not a blank channel

this is what a blank channel looks like [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKQaf78dmBpvacfuSNzIk-ELx5D-jeL3JN0N6Gu-WPlMjK3yvNZpY-MZ0[/img]

Nawa oo. . AV mode a channel? there is nothing one will not hear..
i represented buddhism(a religion) with the blank channel notion
And a theist that is not religiously affiliated as a t.v mode.. (AV)..it was plain and simple..

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by frank317: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
No one can prove God except he proves himself. What a statement. So why are we here then? What is he waiting for to prove himself?

Whewwww...
No one can prove God.... Accepted

except he proves himself... OK, waiting.

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by NumberOne2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
johnydon22:
That is exactly the point. . .You can't prove it, and an unproven concept remains a claim and cannot be disproved because there is nothing to disprove.

You can't prove or disprove the existence of a yellow white dark green diamond flying rabbit

My Goodness... am wowed honestly..
AV is a TV mode not a blank channel

this is what a blank channel looks like [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKQaf78dmBpvacfuSNzIk-ELx5D-jeL3JN0N6Gu-WPlMjK3yvNZpY-MZ0[/img]

Nawa oo. . AV mode a channel? there is nothing one will not hear..
i represented buddhism(a religion) with the blank channel notion
And a theist that is not religiously affiliated as a t.v mode.. (AV)..it was plain and simple..

Hmmm, thats a blank channel? Its been a while I saw that. My TV shows a blue screen and I watch stuff on my AV channel, its not blank.

Anyway, to recap:
Atheism = Off
Theism = On (Irreligious Theist = AV, Religious Theist = Displaying channels, Religious Atheist (like buddhist et al) = Blank)

This is interesting that you put the religious Atheists like (Buddhist) under the "blank Theism" just ensure that Atheism is ONE. Kinda biased toward Atheism don't you think?

Concerning the rabbit analogy:
I totally agree. We cannot say it does or does not exist till we have exhausted all possibilities. However, we must not ridicle those who say it exists as from your ascertion, you dont know any better either.

Like I have maintained from the start, when next someone tells you about the golden rabbit (figuratively), just walk away or say thanks. Just like I would do if told about Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy. To begin to ridicle this perceived impossibility (when you are not 100% sure yourself) is a flawed argument in itself.

For the Apple example as the bible (God's word), like the saying The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Cheers
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. - Psalms:34:8

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by johnydon22(m): 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
NumberOne2:

Hmmm, thats a blank channel? Its been a while I saw that. My TV shows a blue screen and I watch stuff on my AV channel, its not blank.
The same you asserted above that AV is a blank t.v channel..lol..

..Blank t.v can be blue, some even display multicolour stripes when blank . AV is a t.v mode that can be used for pluggings like dvd, satelite dish and others. . so an AV mode is a tv mode not a channel. . .Its not even for argument, this is for the knowing.

Anyway, to recap:
Atheism = Off
Theism = On (Irreligious Theist = AV, Religious Theist = Displaying channels, Religious Atheist (like buddhist et al) = Blank)

This is interesting that you put the religious Atheists like (Buddhist) under the "blank Theism" just ensure that Atheism is ONE. Kinda biased toward Atheism don't you think?
Atheism is just a position and not a doctrine. . . so an atheist is OFF when it comes belief in a deity, other ideologies people develop (e.g: scientific) are there own personal ideologies and has nothing to do with being an atheist.

Concerning the rabbit analogy:
I totally agree. We cannot say it does or does not exist till we have exhausted all possibilities. However, we must not ridicle those who say it exists as from your ascertion, you dont know any better either.
Exactly my point, i have no problem what so ever what anybody believes

but just like we have been saying here when people take their belief in the rabbit and encroached into my own life then it is open to refutation and challenge. . when they want to dictate to me what i should do or not do so as not as not offend their rabbit or threaten me with a mythical punishment because i don't believe their rabbit or in the case of islamic extremist kill people in the name of their rabbit, then we have a problem. . Because i definitely will challenge and place it under scrutiny because as you can see they encroached into my life with it

Like I have maintained from the start, when next someone tells you about the golden rabbit (figuratively), just walk away or say thanks. Just like I would do if told about Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy. To begin to ridicle this perceived impossibility (when you are not 100% sure yourself) is a flawed argument in itself.
I have no problem with what people believe, but once they bring it to me then they should be ready to dance to the tune of discussing, comparing and contrasting and healthy argument.

When they tag me a fool because the rabbit book said so, then they should get ready to get their beliefs ridiculed because they just insulted me... you see bro?

For the Apple example as the bible (God's word), like the saying The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Cheers
Hahahaha not when you can't show the plate of pudding or chewing an empty teeth. . .Nice proverb tho. . Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by malvisguy212: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
MizJanet:

@ bold , Lol , despite your rants your bible still say " man and animals have SAME spirit" ecc 3:19 , is that what you call nonsense ? U called your bible Nonsense , okayyy grin
ecc 3:19 was not talking about spirit, but SOUL remember I say animal is soulish creature. Let us quote the whole verse and then analysed it:

Ecc 3:19
Surely the fate of human beings is like
that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. ALL HAVE THE SAME BREATH ; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

Now, when the bible talk of breath, it mean soul and NOT spirit,see what genesis say :

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the
dust of the ground, and BREATHE into
his nostrils the BREATH OF LIFE; and man became a LIVING SOUL.

But the day God gives us a God's consciousness and seal the latter of the law in our heart proved the different;

Romans 2:15
They show that the work of the law is
written on their hearts, while their
conscience also bears witness, and their
conflicting thoughts accuse or even
excuse them
Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts
sprinkled clean from an evil conscience
and our bodies washed with pure water.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
ecc 3:19 was not talking about spirit, but SOUL remember I say animal is soulish creature. Let us quote the whole verse and then analysed it:

Ecc 3:19
Surely the fate of human beings is like
that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. ALL HAVE THE SAME BREATH ; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

Now, when the bible talk of breath, it mean soul and NOT spirit ,

Malvisssssssss the bold is a VERY big Lie , the hebrew word rendered spirit , is the same rendered breath , /ruach/ , while soul is Nephesh

Ruach which means spirit/breath appreared in Eclesistes 3:19 , not soul/ nephesh stop lyingggggggggg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by NumberOne3(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
--
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by malvisguy212: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
MizJanet:

Malvisssssssss the bold is a VERY big Lie , the hebrew word rendered spirit , is the same rendered breath , /ruach/ , while soul is Nephesh

Ruach which means spirit/breath appreared in Eclesistes 3:19 , not soul/ nephesh stop lyingggggggggg

Genesis 2:7 say God breath on man and man became a living SOUL . The breath is the reason man became a living soul. Some bible translations , translated soul as heart and breath .

The word for "soul"in the Old Testament
is nephesh (the root word is breath) . Its has many meaning,life ,body ,heart , dead body,creature e.t.c

Some of these renderings may be
confusing . For instance, how can the
same word be translated "life," "body,"
and "dead body"?each meaning determined the context of the verse you are reading. For example:

Since those who are breathing still have "life," one of the meanings for nephesh is "life." Since the "body" is what we use to breathe with,one of the meanings for nephesh is "body." Since a "dead body" is what once breathed, one of the meanings for nephesh is "dead body." Thus, all three renderings of nephesh, though apparently quite different, are derived from the same basic meaning of the root word.

Now let look at what differentiate human and animal soul:
Genesis 1:21
"And God created great whales, and
every living CREATUR (nephesh, psuche)
that moveth, which the waters brought
forth abundantly, after their kind, and
every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good"

This verse emphasised God created soul for animal "creature is one of the root word for soul (nephesh,psuche) The same Hebrew phrase for "living soul" is also found in vs. 20.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth
the living CREATURE (nephesh, psuche)
after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing,and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so" (Gen. 1:24).

According to this second occurrence of the word for "soul" in the Bible, animals are "souls."

BUT read this, how man BECAME a soul:
Genesis2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the
dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living SOUL (nephesh, psuche)

Unlike animal He BECAME a"soul"rather than received a "soul."you see the different.

"And after three days and an half the
Spirit (pneuma) of life from God entered
into them, and they stood upon their
feet" Rev. 11:11.
It wasn't their own "spirit" that came back into them. It was the breath of life from God.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by frank317: 6:07am On Jul 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
Genesis 2:7 say God breath on man and man became a living SOUL . The breath is the reason man became a living soul. Some bible translations , translated soul as heart and breath .

is nephesh (the root word is breath) . Its has many meaning,life ,body ,heart , dead body,creature e.t.c

and "dead body"?each meaning determined the context of the verse you are reading. For example:

Since those who are breathing still have "life," one of the meanings for nephesh is "life." Since the "body" is what we use to breathe with,one of the meanings for nephesh is "body." Since a "dead body" is what once breathed, one of the meanings for nephesh is "dead body." Thus, all three renderings of nephesh, though apparently quite different, are derived from the same basic meaning of the root word.

Now let look at what differentiate human and animal soul:
Genesis 1:21
"And God created great whales, and
every living CREATUR (nephesh, psuche)
that moveth, which the waters brought
forth abundantly, after their kind, and
every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good"

This verse emphasised God created soul for animal "creature is one of the root word for soul (nephesh,psuche) The same Hebrew phrase for "living soul" is also found in vs. 20.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth
the living CREATURE (nephesh, psuche)
after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing,and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so" (Gen. 1:24).

According to this second occurrence of the word for "soul" in the Bible, animals are "souls."

BUT read this, how man BECAME a soul:
Genesis2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the
dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living SOUL (nephesh, psuche)

Unlike animal He BECAME a"soul"rather than received a "soul."you see the different.

"And after three days and an half the
Spirit (pneuma) of life from God entered
into them, and they stood upon their
feet" Rev. 11:11.
It wasn't their own "spirit" that came back into them. It was the breath of life from God.

All these confusion just because of some meaningless rants in the bible.

So how do we test for the presence of soul and spirit apart from the proven activities of the brain.

Since animals have workable brain... How do we also test if they have soul and spirit just like us?

Does the fact that we have bigger brain mean we have spirit and they don't?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by dalaman: 6:52am On Jul 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
is this

Chimpanzee can make moral choice ? Proved it please.

http://m.livescience.com/24802-animals-have-morals-book.html

God is a spirit, is human a spirit ? Foolish atheist (sorry) what do you understand in the book of john 1 ?

You said man is created in the image and likeness of God. If that is true then why is man not invisible?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s]Genesis 2:7 say God breath on man and man became a living SOUL . The breath is the reason man became a living soul. Some bible translations , translated soul as heart and breath .

Since those who are breathing still have "life," one of the meanings for nephesh is "life." Since the "body" is what we use to breathe with,one of the [/s]
Just admit u lied , there is nothing like soul in ecc 3:19 . grin
Your long epistle confirms man himself is soul , HE NEVER RECEIVE any silly soul . good

twister , are you saying animals dont have breath of life ? U wan disgrace yourself today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by malvisguy212: 8:51am On Jul 14, 2015
MizJanet:

Just admit u lied , there is nothing like soul in ecc 3:19 . grin
Your long epistle confirms man himself is soul , HE NEVER RECEIVE any silly soul . good

twister , are you saying animals dont have breath of life ? U wan disgrace yourself today
ecc 3:19 say breath (soul) I gave you an example, the same word is used in Genesis2:7. Man BECAME a soul but animal received a soul. If you cannot understand this . Continue living in deception. I assured you , very soon , it will all come to an end. MARK my word. Thank you.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by malvisguy212: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2015
dalaman:

http://m.livescience.com/24802-animals-have-morals-book.html

You said man is created in the image and likeness of God. If that is true then why is man not invisible?
I am busy now, I will click the link later.

Man was CREATED, you only see what you created, you cannot created invincible thing.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by dalaman: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2015
malvisguy212:

Man was CREATED, you only see what you created, you cannot created invincible thing.

If I create a robot in my image and likeness, you'll expect the robot to be physical and in my form. God created man in his image and likeness yet man remains physical while God is invisible. That's a load of crap in my opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 10:38am On Jul 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
ecc 3:19 say breath (soul) I gave you an example,

Breath is soul ! Buhahahaha . Malvis you need help . The hebrew dialect rendered soul is Nephesh , but it didnt appear in ecc 3:19 at all , what appear is /ruach/ which means " spirit/breath" .

You need serious help .

the same word is used in Genesis2:7. Man BECAME a soul but animal received a soul. If you cannot understand this .
Confuse man, your bible diferentiate between breath and soul

" and the LORD God formed the man out of dust , and breath into his nostrils the [BREATH (rua'ch) of life and the man became a living Soul ( Nephesh)" .

Breath is ruach (spirit) NOT soul/nephesh . The distiction is clear .

Answer me : do animals have breath of life ? grin or u want me to point it for you in your bible again .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by Weah96: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
dalaman:

If I create a robot in my image and likeness, you'll expect the robot to be physical and in my form. God created man in his image and likeness yet man remains physical while God is invisible. That's a load of crap in my opinion.

Funny, I've never really considered this creation of man in the SAME image and likeness business. It means that the God is a human being. Gatiano must hear this.

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by Weah96: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
malvisguy212:

Who is the person who CANNOT do something, is it the OMNIPOTENT God ? The person who has no beginning and end? The same person who exists outside SPACE and TIME? All that power and still unable to create invisible things.

Of what use is OMNIPOTENCE if the God cannot do certain things, in fact omnipotence is an oxymoron for whoever cannot create invisible things.

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by kolajamesjnr(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
Just to be clear, exactly the same place you go. They stay dead, dead people don't go anywhere because they are fvcking dead
Nice 1 bro you sound like Jim Jefferies wink
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by gatiano(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
No doubt, God is a Man, God is also a Woman, yet not an hermaphrodite. That is why in both Yoruba and Igbo language and so many African Language, there is not difference between gender pronouns.

Where only use "O". O for the male and O for the female. In Yoruba, there is Aburo/Egbon mi (My Younger or Elder), there is not single word for sister or brother or son or daughter.

The universe has a beginning and it has an ending. Creation on the other hand has no beginning nor ending. The beginning is the end and the end is the beginning is the law of creation. We change forms from time to time, however, we always still remain A MAN, A BLACKMAN (GOD).

Weah96:

Funny, I've never really considered this creation of man in the SAME image and likeness business. It means that the God is a human being. Gatiano must hear this.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by malvisguy212: 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
MizJanet:

Breath is soul ! Buhahahaha . Malvis you need help . The hebrew dialect rendered soul is Nephesh , but it didnt appear in ecc 3:19 at all , what appear is /ruach/ which means " spirit/breath" .

You need serious help .

" and the LORD God formed the man out of dust , and breath into his nostrils the [BREATH (rua'ch) of life and the man became a living Soul ( Nephesh)" .

Answer me : do animals have breath of life ? grin or u want me to point it for you in your bible again .
alright, it seem you do not understand my first explanation:

The old testament was written in Hebrew and the new testament mostly Greek,this two language must be understand base on the translations of this language (God will not override his writers freewill just to contradicte this tribe), now pay attention:

is nephesh. Nephesh is translated in
following ways

beast
body
BREATH
creature
dead
dead body
desire
Life
Some of this word may be confusing because how can different word mean soul ? Here is the answer:

The Hebrew word of nephesh's is soul, the root word is "to BREATH." Since those who are breathing still have "life," one of the meanings for nephesh is "LIFE." Since the "body" is what we use to breathe with, one of the meanings for nephesh is "BODY." Since a "dead body" is what once breathed, one of the meanings for nephesh is "DEAD BODY." Thus, all three renderings of nephesh, though apparently quite different, are derived from the same basic meaning of the root word.

In the New Testament the word for "soul" is psuche. Psuche is translated in the following ways:
heart
life
make doubt
mind
soul
I maintain, ecc 3:19 was not talking about spirit but soul.

Note: there are some bible verse that the writers interpret soul and spirit as the same. Sometime the writer gave "spirit" and" soul" attribute they do not deserve.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by frank317: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
alright, it seem you do not understand my first explanation:

The old testament was written in Hebrew and the new testament mostly Greek,this two language must be understand base on the translations of this language (God will not override his writers freewill just to contradicte this tribe), now pay attention:

is nephesh. Nephesh is translated in
following ways

beast
body
BREATH
creature
dead
dead body
desire
Life
Some of this word may be confusing because how can different word mean soul ? Here is the answer:

The Hebrew word of nephesh's is soul, the root word is "to BREATH." Since those who are breathing still have "life," one of the meanings for nephesh is "LIFE." Since the "body" is what we use to breathe with, one of the meanings for nephesh is "BODY." Since a "dead body" is what once breathed, one of the meanings for nephesh is "DEAD BODY." Thus, all three renderings of nephesh, though apparently quite different, are derived from the same basic meaning of the root word.

In the New Testament the word for "soul" is psuche. Psuche is translated in the following ways:
heart
life
make doubt
mind
soul

Note: there are some bible verse that the writers interpret soul and spirit as the same. Sometime the writer gave "spirit" and" soul" attribute they do not deserve.

The bold is just plain ridiculous. You God who was active in the bible days, who overrode Mary's free will and got her pregnant, who tried to ensure order, who took his time to inspir men to write the bible, will just sit and watch the bible translators mess up his only means of communicating to man yet he would readily blame man for acting according to these misinterpretation and even throw him to hell to burn forever? Remind me again what kind of God this is? Is he crazy?

You know one of your Christian brothers said God does selective foreknowing. Me think he only chooses not to know and act when evil is impending.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2015
malvisguy212

Lol @underlined

Young Literal Translation

For an event is to the sons of men, and an event is to the beasts, even one event is to them; as the death of this, so is the death of that. and one SPIRIT is to all , and the advantage of man above the beast is nothing, for the whole is vanity .
- Ecc 3:19

Can you see the colored part ; just tell me that bible is a lie or admit you are the liar grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by malvisguy212: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
MizJanet:

Lol @underlined

Young Literal Translation

For an event is to the sons of men, and an event is to the beasts, even one event is to them; as the death of this, so is the death of that. and one SPIRIT is to all , and the advantage of man above the beast is nothing, for the whole is vanity .
- Ecc 3:19

Can you see the colored part ; just tell me that bible is a lie or admit you are the liar grin
out of All the translations, only young literal translation use spirit. Check it here http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-19.htm

What you are asking for required deep translation that is above you, but I will just give you some reason.

Among the root word for spirit and soul is breath , this meaning(breath) interwoven both spirit and soul, there are some attribute spirit and soul do not possessed but the writers gave them this attribute for proper understanding , this is not a contradiction,the writers personified both the spirit and soul, in doing this, he give the soul attribute that he did not possessed, let me give you a good example , the MIND and HEART:

The most familiar example of a part of a
person being personified is the heart.
The heart, simply an organ that pumps
blood, is said to have qualities that the
mind does have, but that the heart
definitely does not have. Example is this bible verse:
Psalm 7:9
Bring to an end the violence of the
wicked and make the righteous secure--
you, the righteous God who probes
MINDS and HEART.

You see, by mixing the mind and heart in ONE context, the writer give the mind attribute he did not possessed, used this example for spirit and soul. The bible say man BECAME soul but animal received soul.

This explanation is not something I can explained to you while typing, I saw your mention this morning but I don't want to reply because you will not understand,I wish I can explained this more to you in person. If you do not understand still ,okay , that all I've got.
Peace.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s]out of All the translations, only young literal translation use spirit. Check it here http://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-19.htm

What you are asking for required deep translation that is above you, but I will just give you some reason.

Among the root word for spirit and soul is breath , this meaning(breath) interwoven both spirit and soul, there are some attribute spirit and soul do not possessed but the writers gave them this attribute for proper understanding , this is not a contradiction,the writers personified both the spirit and soul, in doing this, he give the soul attribute that he did not possessed, let me give you a good example , the MIND and HEART:

The most familiar example of a part of a
person being personified is the heart.
The heart, simply an organ that pumps
blood, is said to have qualities that the
mind does have, but that the heart
definitely does not have. Example is this bible verse:
[/s]

Just admit you LIED grin

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by johnw74: 1:32am On Jul 17, 2015
MizJanet:

You need serious help .

@bold, The word for breath in Gen 2:7 is not "ruach", stop your lying
the word is "neshamah"

The word for breath in Gen 2:7 is not "ruach" but "neshamah"
and it doesn't just mean "ruach", stop the lies
it can mean both spirit and soul, it can also mean wind, inspiration, intellect etc, boy you dummy

H5397

נְשָׁמָה
neshâmâh
nesh-aw-maw'
From H5395; a puff, that is, wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect or (concretely) an animal: - blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.
Total KJV occurrences: 24
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by trapQ: 5:53am On Jul 17, 2015
like paulpaulpaul said go and read that.

science has proven the existence of the human soul and how it leaves the body when a person dies. a word is enough for the wise.
menesheh:

What if you can't explain or demonstrate evidence of soul and spirit, does anything make them real?
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by trapQ: 6:00am On Jul 17, 2015
no dear it isn't any form of delusion.

like the user stated clearly no other religion other than Christianity has been able to give account of their supposed afterlife, not even a glimpse, not even a "one paragraph" story, not even a sentence or phrase as to what their supposed afterlife is like. but Christianity has proven it times over. you and the rest of the world can ignore or rubbish it for all I care but when we did we'll know better.

your life isn't yours, your body, mind, spirit and soul aren't yours. and when you die you will be judged accordingly.

NB: even science has proven the existence of the human soul and how it leaves the body when a person dies. a word is enough fr the wise. Bye!!
johnydon22:

So after all this where you pointed out how other religions have not proven theirs, you want to tell us you have proven yours?

Is it not a worse form of delusion?
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 6:16am On Jul 17, 2015
johnw74:

[s]
@bold, The word for breath in Gen 2:7 is not "ruach", stop your lying
the word is "neshamah"

The word for breath in Gen 2:7 is not "ruach" but "neshamah"
and it doesn't just mean "ruach", stop the lies
it can mean both spirit and soul, it can also mean wind, inspiration, intellect etc, boy you dummy

H5397

נְשָׁמָה
neshâmâh
nesh-aw-maw'
From H5395; a puff, that is, wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect or (concretely) an animal: - blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.
Total KJV occurrences: 24
[/s]

Eeyah sorry , are u so blind that you didnt see that the word breath is in bracket from the rest of the passage , [BREATH (ru'ach) [ . Am speaking with reference to ecc 3:19 .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / 3 Kids Tortured By Prayer Houses & Thrown Into Streets Of Akwa Ibom Rescued(pics / Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.