Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

"You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. (32052 Views)

Sophia Momodu Refuses To Dance To Davido's Song "If " At Club (pics,vid) / Davido Signs Lola Rae To Davido Music Worldwide / Who Did This To Davido? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by free2ryhme: 11:51am On Jul 12, 2015
ZAMZINE:
Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency has set up a panel to investigate a music video released by Nigerian artiste, Davido, in which he displayed a substance suspected to be hard drugs.

The video of his track entitled, ‘Fans mi’, in which he featured an American rapper and member of the Maybach Group, Meek Mill, showed Davido with a briefcase filled with dollars and another bag filled with parcels of a substance suspected to be hard drugs.

The Director of Public Affairs of the NDLEA, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, told SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday that the investigative panel might invite the hip-hop artiste for questioning if the need arose.

He said, “I am aware that a panel is working on it (the video). The panel was set up soon after the video was released few weeks ago.

“When our attention was drawn to it, we viewed it and we discovered that it was improper. There is no moral lesson in it and he was just advertising drug trafficking.

“In the video, he exchanged a brief case supposedly containing narcotics for dollars. He was displaying affluence in the video. If it (the plot) had climaxed in an arrest and possible detention, we would have congratulated him for partnering with us. But the way he portrayed drug trafficking in the video was a means to an end, which the end is a life of affluence which we disagree with.”

Ofoyeju said the anti-drug agency would conduct a full-scale investigation into the making of the video and to confirm whether it was censored before its release.

The NDLEA spokesperson further said, “We are looking at the issue holistically. We believe that there should be a body that was supposed to censor videos before they go out. Those are the things we want to investigate and verify. Was the video submitted for approval? If it was submitted, why was it approved, with such content?”

NDLEA had in June 2013 said controversial Nigerian actress, Tonto Dikeh, risked a minimum of 15 years in jail for encouraging the consumption of hemp.

Dikeh had on June 28, 2013, posted photographs of a wrap of hemp and grains of the weed formed into the letters, ‘Happy birthday POKO.’

She also posted a photograph of herself and added the inscription, ‘Mi smoke ganja mi smoke weed while my hatez smoke ma gossip.’

Her picture is a close-up of her face that seemed to depict her in a high state.

As a result, the agency said it was keeping tabs on more celebrities in Nollywood and the music industry for drug trafficking, abuse and links with drug cartels.

SOURCE......
http://www.punchng.com/news/ndlea-sets-to-probe-davido-over-video/

Rather, NDLEA is doing a great job. These so called celebrities are role models to our youth. Once they have been influenced by these videos/music, we lack the kind of law enforcement to adequately deal with the resultant crime, as in the US for example. Better to nip the problem in the bud.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Sunnypa11(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2015
Omo baba oni drug
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by kenoz(m): 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
Okay. Let the drama begin
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
ndlea are set of daft basstards, what proof do they have that its nacortics thats in the bag being exchanged in the video? it cud av been powder for christ sake. is it that any white substance automatically becomes cocaine or meth? these ndlea niiggas need to have their brains checked. even if they want to press charges, the video wasnt made in nigeria so they have no jurisdiction over the what ensued in the video appart from having the video being banned from airplay.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by gambit10: 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
WombRaiders:
And is there any law against re-enacting a fake drug deal with fake drugs?

These ediots no get work

this for me is the best comment i'v read on nairaland all year, thank you sir.....u made perfect sense

1 Like

Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by shamecurls(m): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
[size=18pt]Publicity stunt to promote the noise[/size]
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by beegs(m): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
liberty300 posunitedd 101: This stupid NDLEA thieves. That's how they arrested a friend of mine for having tramadol in his pharmacy. Since when has having tramadol in your pharmacy become a crime in nigeria
Bros Tramadol is now on the united Nations control drug list and by that only a pharmacist can dispense it. Educate ur friend
Ooo I forgot he already paid 250k for that. Hope he leant
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Classicman47(m): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
gists:

I don't think so. I think all he needs is a good/brilliant lawyer. He has a good case here.
The setting of the video is certainly that of drug barrons - wrapped substances, cutting of the substance and tasting it, weapons, ladies etc.
But the video also showed that the substance was later poured into boiling water and turned to SEMOVITA WHICH WAS DISHED IN A PLATE WITH SOME NICE PIECES OF BUSHMEATS AND HE ATE IT at the end of the video
O.B.O = Silly boy grin grin grin

This is exactly what I also observed in the said video.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by adekaz777: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
NDLEA with their mis-placement of priority and wasting tax payer's money wanted to do the job video censorship; the last mumu know that video clips in this case is not legal evidence which can be easily denied. It just for media attention.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by ApcSucks: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
dramaine:

That's not true ...Bobby shrumda was arrested for murder based on his music lyrics and it turned out that he really committed the murder

Go and read about it... the judge said he won't be prosecuted with his lyrics, bobby shmurda wasn't arrested cos of murda he was arrested for gun possession... brother try browse na
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Classicman47(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
When I saw that video the first time I was like: "this is not right. Why is this American gangsta wannabe trying so hard? Proudly exhibiting and advertising hard drugs on video all in the name of trying to catch up with the American hiphop artists? Could it be bcus he has Meek Mill on the track? This is Nigeria son! Down here we frown at most of the things that the American smile at over there! This video sure needs some censoring!"

But then towards the end of the video, those wraps of white substances were eventually opened and emptied into a pot of boiling water. After the whole shebang, we saw Davido treating himself to a dish of Semo and very rich looking soup with meat of all kind, smiling widely.
And then I was like: "now I get it, he is not advertising drugs, he is actually advertising fraud! U sold Semo to ur clients and had them believe its hard drug? What do u think will happen to u when they come for ur a.s.s

But the guy is clearly a money bag so he can get away with Poo
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by swaggprofessor(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nigerian don't fail to publicly display their stupidity. 1. on the part of Davido cos there was no need to go to that length in displaying the low morals cos he is an african and a Nigeria who should uphold his values. 2. in the part of the so called NDLEA who were so quick to file a lawsuit without observing the video well enough to know that it was semovita he was advertising ( abi dem dey cook cocaine chop?). 3. the greatest fool is the next Nairalander that will quote to say senseless bullshit.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Youpele52: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
I like the music video but I don't see how the music nd video relate with eachorder maybe he is tryn to tell his fans that if u re ask to deal with cocaine u cn just exchange with semovita
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by mcdokwe(m): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
the semo he made in d video? abeg free us
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by femi4: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Viktor1983:
NDLEA wants wants to do censor boards job too ?
Yea i love the video bug its too gore for TV
Perhaps you need to see Vector Kingkong remix
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Viktor1983(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
femi4:
Perhaps you need to see Vector Kingkong remix

Hmm. Ok ,I'll look it up.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by olusola200: 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
useless NDLA tha is not drug but amala lafun

WHITE YAM FLOUR MADE FROM CASSAVA

GO AFTER BURIJI KASAMU
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by suyamasta(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Me i like the video dieeee! i so like the white shirts on there! i watched it over and over again! it has aesthetic qualities that tends to improve the visual taste of the video! even though its a form of abstract presentation which differs from the lyrics of the song! to NDLEA una faada foe diaa, the video is just an artistic presentation!
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Norajones(f): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Any fool would know that wasn't drugs. It was semovita. This ndlea peeps are just jobless and besides that video wasn't shot in Nigeria. I thought they actuallly had sense.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by abat4real37(f): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
mrvitalis:
I blame buhari for this
you will soon start blaming buhari for your failure
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Anazp: 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
liberty300:
This stupid NDLEA thieves. That's how they arrested a friend of mine for having tramadol in his pharmacy. Since when has having tramadol in your pharmacy become a crime in nigeria?

They just came in his shop, ransacked it, arrested him, locked him up and kept on torturing him asking him to pay them #250k. This boy just went into pharmacy business and is trying to make a little living for himself

They seized his phones and didn't allow anyone to visit him. When he could not take the beating any longer he decided to pay. They dressed him up, cleaned up his wounds and drove him to the bank to collect the cash...no receipt no nothing.

These guys are thieves... All of them
in Nigeria it is a controlled drug meaning only a doctor could prescribe and it shouldn't be sold over the counter-

The National Drug Law
Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Kogi has arrested a
Kaduna-based patent medicine seller, Obinna Ifekamma,
alias Young Alhaji, over possession of 30,000 unlabelled
capsules of Tramadol.
NDLEA Commander Idris Bello told journalists in Lokoja that
Tramadol was a ``controlled” psychotropic drug which was
not expected to be sold on the counter.

vanguard news
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by Anazp: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
liberty300:
This stupid NDLEA thieves. That's how they arrested a friend of mine for having tramadol in his pharmacy. Since when has having tramadol in your pharmacy become a crime in nigeria?

They just came in his shop, ransacked it, arrested him, locked him up and kept on torturing him asking him to pay them #250k. This boy just went into pharmacy business and is trying to make a little living for himself

They seized his phones and didn't allow anyone to visit him. When he could not take the beating any longer he decided to pay. They dressed him up, cleaned up his wounds and drove him to the bank to collect the cash...no receipt no nothing.

in Nigeria it is a controlled drug meaning only a doctor could prescribe and it shouldn't be sold over the counter-

The National Drug Law
Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Kogi has arrested a
Kaduna-based patent medicine seller, Obinna Ifekamma,
alias Young Alhaji, over possession of 30,000 unlabelled
capsules of Tramadol.
NDLEA Commander Idris Bello told journalists in Lokoja that
Tramadol was a ``controlled” psychotropic drug which was
not expected to be sold on the counter.

vanguard newspaper
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by ModiKen(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2015
9aijaboi:
Joor... Another indirect publicity, they are Publicizing the video in disguise or is he the first to use drugs in his video besides what proof do they have that it is real drugs.They should go and study the lifestyle of hiphop which is money, cars , gangs,bitches etc
Hip hop isn't Gospel music or.....

I hope ur kids grow up smoking weed and sniffng cocaine while appearing n.ude in music videos since d filter system in ur head worn out.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by 9aijaboi(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2015
ModiKen:

I hope ur kids grow up smoking weed and sniffng cocaine while appearing n.ude in music videos since d filter system in ur head worn out.
I wish you what you wish me but reject ur wish for me...
Don't kids have their channels like Nickelodeon etc
Or don't you know that MTV and some Channels have Parental guidance of 18 and above
Or don't you know the meaning of PG 18+
Or U want me to school you without paying ur fees,no worry #itsallowed
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by yoged(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2015
liberty300:

why will your friend be selling it. Coz it's not allowed.
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by 400billionman: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
grin

She also posted a photograph of herself and added the inscription, ‘Mi smoke ganja mi smoke weed while my hatez smoke ma gossip.’

I have always had a feeling that tonto dike is handicapped in the the thought process department, this is solid confirmation..
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by ModiKen(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
9aijaboi:

I wish you what you wish me but reject ur wish for me...
Don't kids have their channels like Nickelodeon etc
Or don't you know that MTV and some Channels have Parental guidance of 18 and above
Or don't you know the meaning of PG 18+
Or U want me to school you without paying ur fees,no worry #itsallowed

Haba! Na so u stingy? At least pay the fees nowww! grin
Re: "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. by 9aijaboi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
ModiKen:

Haba! Na so u stingy? At least pay the fees nowww! grin
Lmao.. I see you bruv
@least, I taught free of charge.. #itsallowed
Maybe, u will teach me next time.
We are all learning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comedienne Emanuella Samuel Celebrates Her 8th Birthday Today (Photos) / "I'm Part Of Your Family Now" - DJ Cuppy Shows Off Her Engagement Ring (Photos) / Vicky Zugah Reconciles With Woman After Snatching Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.