Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. (51122 Views)

Bostwana Student Wears Towel To Campus (Photos) / Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? / State Universities With The Best Infrastructures And Facilities- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
semitunde:

Who owns that flicker page?

not sure, some guy, maybe an alumni.

He took a photographic tour of some states.

I've changed the link btw, to a more general one.

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
semitunde:

The link you put here is giving error reports.

In any case, if the location is as I described, then that's the building.

OK. I can see its a pix, this doesn't show the actual location.

ok.

Going along that road one, its on the right. But stop area.

quite a lot of construction ?

I have pics of the architecture design and on going works but I'll need permissions to put them online.

you don't have to put them here, most people could probably just check it themselves.

They used to have a book featuring a photographic tour of the campus, wish it were still available to buy?
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

ok,

the old photos also show a lot of palm trees on the campus, those are all gone now, so I guess there are modifications over the years. Now its mainly flowering and fruit trees.

eg, this palm tree in front of Oduduwa Hall, no longer there:

Not sure of the date of the photo.

hope its too secure for expo.

This looks like a very old pix. Not sure, the palm tree may still be there.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

ok.

quite a lot of construction ?

you don't have to put them here, most people could probably just check it themselves.

They used to have a book featuring a photographic tour of the campus, wish it were still available to buy?

Nah, I doubt you'll find this online. OAU doesn't have a tradition of showing ongoing works. The project has only just begun.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
semitunde:

This looks like a very old pix. Not sure, the palm tree may still be there.

I think it's gone:

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by ocelot2006(m): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=cmt1 post=35826172][/quote]

Ok
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
semitunde:

Nah, I doubt you'll find this online. OAU doesn't have a tradition of showing ongoing works. The project has only just begun.

I mean people could probably just go there in person and check it.

all this construction seems fairly recent, are other federal universities having the same?
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

I think it's gone:

Lol. This is a very very old picture of oduduwa/amphi theater. This must be in the 70/80s or something. Amphi isn't even covered here.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
yes, it might be very old.

here's when new buka was really a new buka:

source:

http://afrodrive.com/universities/nigeria/oau/

2 Likes

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
tpiadotcom:

I mean people could probably just go there in person and check it.

all this construction seems fairly recent, are other federal universities having the same?

Don't know about other universities but I know OAU has and leverages on its strong alumni. We even have alumni hall, and prominent guys like Jimoh Ibrahim, Erastus Akingbola helped chip in when required.

The fact the the school already has a master plan it tries to follow, helps everyone to know where and how to come in.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
^ true.

I assume most of the universities would also have that, though.

especially the federal ones.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by ocelot2006(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
More Brunel University

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:16am On Jul 14, 2015
semitunde:

You know a new Senate building is being built? I kinda know one or two things about that...

To be located opposite the bookshop, beside HSLT. That are of land beside the first bus top when you get into the school.

Work has started already. CBN funded.
I thought it's the Institute of Ecology. There is no need for another senate building, at least, not now. There is a just completed senate building extention beside Humanities Block 3 (Deptartment of English). The 2nd phase of Faculty of Pharmacy has been completed behind the existing one.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:20am On Jul 14, 2015
semitunde:

Don't know about other universities but I know OAU has and leverages on its strong alumni. We even have alumni hall, and prominent guys like Jimoh Ibrahim, Erastus Akingbola helped chip in when required.

The fact the the school already has a master plan it tries to follow, helps everyone to know where and how to come in.
Jimoh Ibrahim, an alumni, built the magnificent new Postgraduate School Complex opposite Intecu.
If there is anything the management of OAU tries to maintain, it is the school's masterplan. Arieh Sharon did a good job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 6:48am On Jul 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Jimoh Ibrahim, an alumni, built the magnificent new Postgraduate School Complex opposite Intecu.
If there is anything the management of OAU tries to maintain, it is the school's masterplan. Arieh Sharon did a good job.

Ehen, where is that located? Unifecs?
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 6:54am On Jul 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I thought it's the Institute of Ecology. There is no need for another senate building, at least, not now. There is a just completed senate building extention beside Humanities Block 3 (Deptartment of English). The 2nd phase of Faculty of Pharmacy has been completed behind the existing one.

Don't mind them, guess they always wanted another denat building. When CBN came along and asked for which projecr they needed done, as they do to all schools, they simply passed the big budget project to them; maybe thinking any other project will have lesser budget and can be taken care of internally or through alumni.

Its a billion naira project I suppose.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Spaxon(f): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2015
ADENIKETINA2015:
What is this that you have done if not space booking grin
cheesy
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Spaxon(f): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2015
Orijin101:
My runaway wifeembarassed
lol

how's d romance section going ?
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Spaxon(f): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2015
preciousMI1:

U just did
grin
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2015
semitunde:

Ehen, where is that located? Unifecs?
It's located in front of computer building.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by semitunde: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

It's located in front of computer building.

OK! Saw it when I went to school last. Was under construction then...

Cool.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2015
semitunde:

OK! Saw it when I went to school last. Was under construction then...
Cool.
Postgraduate College, OAU, Ile-Ife donated by Jimoh Ibrahim.

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2015
I'd really like to know if there's also construction going on in other universities besides OAU. And imo, some of the projects for OAU should include greenery et al.

Indoor tracks, etc.

Gym

Nature walks

Hiking (have those mountains been climbed?)

Planetarium
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by simdam500(m): 10:29am On Jul 14, 2015
Bdemmy: Oya tell me why you won't want to read?

Unlike our Nigerian scary libraries. grin

That why we do greatly well out there...

with these, students will be settled and relaxed enough to read anything that comes their way with interest not with the money that comes after... smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by simdam500(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by Ejanla11(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2015
so nigeria university get lecture hall of the same class with these ones? lipsrsealed
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by 123gist(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
CoolBigSam:
lol...you really creased me up, but na which kyn uni yu attend na?

Na FUNAI me I de grin but my school make sense............. The first E-School in Nigeria, all thanks to Distinguished Professor Ibidapo Obe FFEng, GCON, GCE, JAMB, INEC, WAEC. All join!
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by frenzymirakk(m): 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Sagamite:

What makes it beautiful?
abeg ask him again. E no get inside? abi dem no dey open am.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by jpphilips(m): 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
Sagamite:

Where are they going to get the money from when "superstar" (by Nigerian standards) governors like Akpabio are using millions of dollars to build "world class" stadiums which would be used maximum 6 times a year and the likes of cretins from his state like pendusky are so proud of it?

Ask what he spent on education to make it world class and you will get silence.

But they have stadium sha. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now they cannot pay state workers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Akpabio the magnificent. grin

Oh, I forgot, he did not give world class education to the masses but he tried to give himself world class pension of N100m per year.

GIANT OF AFRICA TINZ! grin

You forgot Amaechi that could not build a fly over across Artillery one and two, yet he embarked on an abandoned Mono rail project.
I tell you what? most Nigerian politicians are mad chaps!
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
frenzymirakk:

abeg ask him again.
E no get inside? abi dem no dey open am.

Bro, instead of using your bad belle to castigate this nice thread, you should instead focus on the white universities which were also posted for your viewing pleasure.

i know it must be very annoying for some of you to see anything developed by or for a black man, therefore instead of making yourself so bitter and miserable because blacks are included on the thread in other contexts besides slavery and boyboyism, you should just ignore what gets your goat and look only at the white side before your jealousy and lack of self esteem gets the better of you.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by tpiadotcom: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hope my response is not too long for your simple one sentence cackling.
Re: Some Cool Campus Facilities You Really Need To See. by frenzymirakk(m): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Bro, instead of using your bad belle to castigate this nice thread, you should instead focus on the white universities which were also posted for your viewing pleasure.

i know it must be very annoying for some of you to see anything developed by or for a black man, therefore instead of making yourself so bitter and miserable because blacks are included on the thread in other contexts besides slavery and boyboyism, you should just ignore what gets your goat and look only at the white side before your jealousy and lack of self esteem gets the better of you.

u don vex abi
Y not try c if d lagoon wil take u in cos i dnt knw wat ur stress is.
Now consider diss, u go to a man's house to ask for his daughter's hand in mariage, if d lady is beautiful, jst say u av come to pluck a nice fruit and u ar gud to go, but bro if d lady is ugly simply say u saw a bitter leaf in his aus and u av com to help him. Csimple.
D system is bad, is it a crime dat i admit dat. Badbelle

k;

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unilag Students Share The Present State Of Their #350k Hostel(pics,vid) / E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.