Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) (44415 Views)

Buhari Not Oldest President In Africa, He Can Rule Beyond 2019 – Adnan Na-Habu / Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
racism is not a big deal if you are a millionaire and dont have to work for the white man. if you have that freedom. i was once in a situation where i was dating this white chick who was working while i stayed at home. walahi when you dont work there is no such thing as racism cuz on the streets white people pretend to be very nice. its when you start working with them or looking for a job in their firms that you will experience racism grin

true as well..

but their racism is not only on the job.. the most surreal part of racism is how military technology and global economics factors in.

Eventually their racism will dictate your entrepreneurial success as well. The value of money for example could change at a moment's notice by forces we dont control. The talk of having one currency for Africa was at least a step in the right direction of possibly rectifying this, but that dream is only euphoric at this time like Biafra dream (sadly). Coincidentally Nigeria has helped to kill both those ideas. grin Your hardwork dollars, pound, Naira could be meaningless today no thanks to you, the entrepreneur, but instead thanks to governance by white countries who themselves lack natural and sustainable resources than some African villages. I'm sure youre aware that all of this is only scratching this surface on the economic factor of how racism plays a smothering role in our lives, including but not limited to the job.

Im not suggesting a defeatist attitude but I wouldnt suggest downplaying their level of evil in which Black ppl in some fashion were always in the crosshairs of as well. In fact I'm one of the last people with a defeatist attitude because I'm not going to sit back and try to be accepted by it. Slaves did that bvllshit to survive, and I'm glad to have learn not to do it as well. I dont care how it wears a modern dress. Most of use dont want to see it because we've been conditioned to fight on tribal lines only, not race -- this is likely why most black people still dont how or care to know the extent of how racism works.

Racism is not simply about being called N!gger at work or being disregarded for promotion, etc.. racism is not limited to conferedate flags... Racism has evolved. I actually respect open and direct racists slightly more because at least theyre not hiding it unlike the politically correct who has convinced too many of us that theyre not racist while they screw you from the other end. "Racism We helped you elect Obama though" How many smart people do we need to produce to get their respect at this point in history? It wasnt always Nigerians who were the "smartest" blacks on the planey.. How many bus boycotts and marches to convince mighty whitey to stop hating Blackie? ?? Racism is a game white people must end at their choosing, but notice how they dont. There's a clear reason why they dont. Its one of the oldest and most effective weapons that has only went global since its creation.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Brev, there might be no overt Eurocentric agenda. But that doesn't negate the fact that the school syllabus is an Eurocentric one and the knowledge is selective, to suit a certain narrative. Do you get the logic now?

Who wrote the School syllabus in Nigeria and I'd wager that ya textbooks were European ones. Evidently, they wrote the story the want they want you to see it, just as they keep telling us that ancient Egyptians who came from Nubia (Sudan) and Kush (Ethiopia) were not black, even when we all know that Kemet (ancient Egypt) was described as the first daughter of Kush and the civilisation built by kushites and Nubians on the Nile valley. Kemet means land of the blacks or black land. And even when the great Greek philosopher and historian, Heretodus, described the ancient Egyptians as having the same complexion as the Ethiopians. grin

They told us the Moors were from Morocco and they were not black when there was no Morocco at that point in history, and Morocco started existing after the Moors were pushed out of Europe - making it the end of their lordship over Southern Europe. They told us hannibal wasn't black - but his coin showed a guy with something that looks like short dreads and extremely big lips and broad nose.

Were those not the type of books that were used in ya School, big bredrin? grin
you dont know what you are talking about bruv. what eurocentric agenda ? is jaja of opobo a european ? is oba kososko a european ? the pyramids of giza ? madam tinubu ? ajayi crowther ? bruv trust me, nothing eurocentric in the curriculum. in fact if anything it was overtly african. we all had tiny plots of land that we farmed during agricultural science << is that european ? give it up bruv. no such thing as european curriculum. all our books was written by africans. chinua achebe things fall apart was part of the curriculum where the book is about new yam festival. i aint know new yam festival was european curriculum bruv grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

true as well..

but their racism is not only on the job.. the most surreal part of racism is how military technology and global economics factors in.

Eventually their racism will dictate your entrepreneurial success as well. The value of money for example could change at a moment's notice by forces we dont control. The talk of having one currency for Africa was at least a step in the right direction of possibly rectifying this, but that dream is only euphoric at this time like Biafra dream (sadly). Coincidentally Nigeria has helped to kill both those ideas. grin Your hardwork dollars, pound, Naira could be meaningless today no thanks to you, the entrepreneur, but instead thanks to governance by white countries who themselves lack natural and sustainable resources than some African villages. I'm sure youre aware that all of this is only scratching this surface on the economic factor of how racism plays a smothering role in our lives, including but not limited to the job.

Im not suggesting a defeatist attitude but I wouldnt suggest downplaying their level of evil in which Black ppl in some fashion were always in the crosshairs of as well. In fact I'm one of the last people with a defeatist attitude because I'm not going to sit back and try to be accepted it. Slaves did that bvllshit to survive, and I'm glad to have learn not to do it as well. I dont care how it wears a modern dress. Most of use dont want to see it because we've been conditioned to fight on tribal lines only, not race -- this is likely why most black people still dont how or care to know the extent of how racism works.

Racism is not simply about being called N!gger at work or being disregarded for promotion, etc.. racism is not limited to conferedate flags... Racism has evolved. I actually respect open and direct racists slightly more because at least theyre not hiding it unlike the politically correct who has convinced too many of us that theyre not racist while they screw you from the other end. "Racism We helped you elect Obama though" How many smart people do we need to produce to get their respect at this point in history? It wasnt always Nigerians who were the "smartest" blacks on the planey.. How many bus boycotts and marches to convince mighty whitey to stop hating Blackie Racism is a game white people must end at their choosing, but notice how they dont. There's a clear reason why they dont. Its one of the most oldest and effective weapons that has only went global since its creation.
i get all that but trust me when i say i have used and milked their system more than they have used and milked me. so i aint sweating it. i know i should be thinking as a collective but hey sometimes it comes down to individuality. you came to this world alone and will die alone so thats how i see it and on an individual level i am killing the european so Bleep him and his racism. in fact his system that he has set up out of racism benefits me more than an african system ever could. so i aint sweating nothing . grin

1 Like

Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
you dont know what you are talking about bruv. what eurocentric agenda ? is jaja of opobo a european ? is oba kososko a european ? the pyramids of giza ? madam tinubu ? ajayi crowther ? bruv trust me, nothing eurocentric in the curriculum. in fact if anything it was overtly african. we all had tiny plots of land that we farmed during agricultural science << is that european ? give it up bruv. no such thing as european curriculum. all our books was written by africans. chinua achebe things fall apart was part of the curriculum where the book is about new yam festival. i aint know new yam festival was european curriculum bruv grin

So the former slave merchant cum rebellious King, Jaja of Opobo, who came back as European as ever is ya history and generic story of a King who later became a slave? A Tinubu who used to sell slaves but later fought against it? The exiled Kosoko who was a slave merchant that ended up getting chased off his throne? An Ajayi Crowther who was a slave boy and who was also instrumental in destroying African religions, while helping in the spread of Christianity for Europeans? How come they all had slaves and slavery attached to them, and not about how great Oyo and Bini were? Oh, did they tell you the pyramids of Giza were built by black folks that look just like you or might have even been ya ancestor?

Chinua Achebe's book was a fictional book, that isn't ya history, bruddah. Separate fiction from facts and learn the greatness of the African ancestors who ruled the planet for thousands of years. That's the message of Afrocentricism. grin

Big bredrin, you should be well acquainted with overt social engineering and how Babylon rolls. All Eurocentric with an agenda, brev. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

So the former slave merchant cum rebellious King, Jaja of Opobo, who came back as European as ever is ya history and generic story of a King who later became a slave? A Tinubu who used to sell slaves but later fought against it? The exiled Kosoko who was a slave merchant that ended up getting chased off his throne? An Ajayi Crowther who was a slave boy and who was also instrumental in destroying African religions, while helping in the spread of Christianity for Europeans? How come they all had slaves and slavery attached to them, and not about how great Oyo and Bini were? Oh, did they tell you the pyramids of Giza were built by black folks that look just like you or might have even been ya ancestor?

Chinua Achebe's book was a fictional book, that isn't ya history, bruddah. Separate fiction from facts and learn the greatness of the African ancestors who ruled the planet for thousands of years. That's the message of Afrocentricism. grin

Big bredrin, you should be well acquainted with overt social engineering and how Babylon rolls. All Eurocentric with an agenda, brev. grin
bruv i already told you we did the bolded too undecided
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
bruv i already told you we did the bolded too undecided

Lol, it seems I'm bringing out the ultra-patriotism in you, big bredrin. Gatts rep that Green White Green like the mandem push the Green White Green on them gully roads for that gwop - life on the fast lane with dirty money, while screaming "crime pays". grin And you wanna protect the miseducation in Nigeria. Anyway, I'm just exuding the little Malcolm X in me, ya get me?

Regardless, you still never told me why all the names you cited have slaves and slavery attached to them.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
i get all that but trust me when i say i have used and milked their system more than they have used and milked me. so i aint sweating it. i know i should be thinking as a collective but hey sometimes it comes down to individuality. you came to this world alone and will die alone so thats how i see it and on an individual level i am killing the european so Bleep him and his racism. in fact his sytem that he has set up out of racism benefits me more than an african system ever could. so i aint sweating nothing . grin

i respect your candidness....

i dont know where you're from, but for starters I have plenty AA's in my family living by the same ideology. Kicking their black feet back, collecting (government) checks, having not a worry in this world other than where more b!tches and weed at...

As long as theyre not critics of my black power movement (which many are), the movement that helped them enjoy those "benefits", they know they can count ppl like me to teach the youngins on how to do better in life while being proud of their all their African traits wink
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by MrPresident1: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Ok, Sir. And more Biblical references. tongue

Anyway, we can always claim the real Israelites of the Bible since we can draw a parallel between our experience and the transgressions of the Israelites. grin

There can never be a solution to a problem that is not properly situated.

The problem of the blackman is not a lack of capacity, blackmen are doing well all over the world, what is wrong with the blackman is celestial. How? Individual blacks when pitted against individuals from any other races have never been found to be inferior or wanting, the problem starts when we attempt to unite, or do things collectively, in collectivism and united causes we never seem to be able to compete with other races, we are always trounced. Panafricanism, Afrocentrism etc are just high highfalutin but essentially dead concepts. How do you preach panafricanism or afrocentrism to a Fulani who sees the Igbo as less than human, or to a Somali who has derogatory names such as Jareer and adoon for the Negro? How do you begin to prove to them that we are the same people when some of these people gloat over the fact that their fathers owned Negro slaves? We may be phenotypically contiguous, but we are not the same people.

I detect a whiff of sarcasm in your post, it is not unexpected, very shortly eyes will be opened to what the Bible truly is, there is no work of modern science that can match the complexity of the Bible, and although it is perceived as a book written by ancient ignorants and cave-dwellers, it is actually a book of borne out highly advanced scientific thought processes. Core scientists, crazier than Albert Einstein and Robert Newton etc wrote the Bible.

As to the parallel of Negro experience and the transgressions of the Israelite, no other race of people fit the descriptions or experiences, and as I told you earlier, I am to some extent able to see the links and connect the dots in mythology, oral folktales, and the present circumstances of the world.

And I dare to say that only the most advanced minds can understand the Bible.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

i respect your candidness....

i dont know where you're from, but for starters I have plenty AA's in my family living by the same ideology. Kicking their black feet back, collecting (government) checks, having not a worry in this world other than where more b!tches and weed at...

As long as theyre not critics of my black power movement (which many are), the movement that helped them enjoy those "benefits", they know they can count ppl like me to teach the youngins on how to do better in life while being proud of their all their African traits wink
nah thats low level stuff you are talking about man. i am into high powered working outside the system and yet inside the system. undecided
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, it seems I'm bringing out the ultra-patriotism in you, big bredrin. Gatts rep that Green White Green like the mandem push the Green White Green on them gully roads for that gwop - life on the fast lane with dirty money, while screaming "crime pays". grin And you wanna protect the miseducation in Nigeria. Anyway, I'm just exuding the little Malcolm X in me, ya get me?

Regardless, you still never told me why all the names you cited have slaves and slavery attached to them.
bruv i have always been a patriotic nigerian from day one. you dun noe ? i am known around these parts for being anti euro-peon lmao. and bruv all the things we learnt aint have nothing to do with no slaves. i was just giving you the recent history. the history we learnt go far before slavery. bruv we did the songhai and mali empire extensively. this was before slavery undecided
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
bruv i have always been a patriotic nigerian from day one. you dun noe ? i am known around these parts for being anti euro-peon lmao. and bruv all the things we learnt aint have nothing to do with no slaves. i was just giving you the recent history. the history we learnt go far before slavery. bruv we did the songhai and mali empire extensively. this was before slavery undecided

I hear that. But it's always better to keep an open and be objective cos the unique problems plaguing the black race universally are too enormous for one to be blinded by patriotism. Like the great Malcolm X said, “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”

Anyway, if you're telling the truth, then you obviously went to a better school than the ones most of heads on here and all over cyberspace attended cos the overwhelming majority of them probably first heard of Timbuktu on here and they don't really know much about all the great pre-colonial civilisations scattered across Africa. Hence they always think the white man brought civilisation to Africa. grin

That's the message of Afrocentricism and the reason why folks like the later Dr. Chancellor Williams, Dr. John Henrik Clarke (R.I.P the grandmaster teacher), Walter Rodney, Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr Leonard Jeffries, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima et al dedicated decades of research/scholarship on the continent, just to tell our history from the black/African perspective. And a lot of the books they wrote should be part of the School Curriculum all over Africa - if we're really serious about learning our history.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
nah thats low level stuff you are talking about man. i am into high powered working outside the system and yet inside the system. undecided

"low level stuff"?? but thats their own way of fighting racism... collecting white money and f.ucking white bitches.. while hustling the seasonal mixtape to white people. guwop... who really needs marcus garvey, malcolm x, and Afrocentric beards when the battle is fought making money without real meaning and making future Obama and Drake babies?? grin nothing against biracials, I have adorable ones in my family. But somehow racism begot colorism as well.. thus Afrocentrism will continue on that front, while pushing for better black social health and wealth.

Just know we're all busy and I hope we can all relate to and respect one's hustle or movement.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

"low level stuff"?? but thats their own way of fighting racism... collecting white money and f.ucking white bitches.. while hustling the seasonal mixtape to white people. guwop who really needs marcus garvey, malcolm x, and Afrocentric beards when the battle is fought making money without real meaning and making future Obama and Drake babies?? grin nothing against biracials, I have adorable ones in my family. But somehow racism begot colorism as well.. thus Afrocentrism will continue on that front, while pushing for better black social health and wealth.

Just know we're all busy and I hope we can all relate to and respect one's hustle or movement.
bruv, all that marcus garvey malcolm x stuff is played out. this here is 2015 the age of technology. either you are going to go out like omar thornton or colin ferguson or sit yo ass down. no in-betweeners rocking dashiki and afrocentric beards spewing garveyism and malcolm x. this here is is turn-up time. turn-up or go home. thats how we doing it in 2015. time to get turnt up cool
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
MrPresident1:

There can never be a solution to a problem that is not properly situated.

The problem of the blackman is not a lack of capacity, blackmen are doing well all over the world, what is wrong with the blackman is celestial. How? Individual blacks when pitted against individuals from any other races have never been found to be inferior or wanting, the problem starts when we attempt to unite, or do things collectively, in collectivism and united causes we never seem to be able to compete with other races, we are always trounced. Panafricanism, Afrocentrism etc are just high highfalutin but essentially dead concepts. How do you preach panafricanism or afrocentrism to a Fulani who sees the Igbo as less than human, or to a Somali who has derogatory names such as Jareer and adoon for the Negro? How do you begin to prove to them that we are the same people when some of these people gloat over the fact that their fathers owned Negro slaves? We may be phenotypically contiguous, but we are not the same people.

I detect a whiff of sarcasm in your post, it is not unexpected, very shortly eyes will be opened to what the Bible truly is, there is no work of modern science that can match the complexity of the Bible, and although it is perceived as a book written by ancient ignorants and cave-dwellers, it is actually a book of borne out highly advanced scientific thought processes. Core scientists, crazier than Albert Einstein and Robert Newton etc wrote the Bible.

As to the parallel of Negro experience and the transgressions of the Israelite, no other race of people fit the descriptions or experiences, and as I told you earlier, I am to some extent able to see the links and connect the dots in mythology, oral folktales, and the present circumstances of the world.

And I dare to say that only the most advanced minds can understand the Bible.

Doing well in what capacity? Yes, a few black men might be doing well under a certain ceiling, but most of them just exist within the white structure. How many black folks independent of the white structure are doing well? We can gauge that by using the countries in Africa as a premise. Which country in Africa is doing well?

Collectivism can only come from proper education on black history -that would be the rallying point and the need to work together to achieve a common goal, which we achieved in the past. Discrimination/prejudice to a certain level is what makes us human, you can't take that away from humanity. Hence despite how great Europeans are today as the supreme race, prejudice is still rife among Europeans. Scots and English discriminate against one another, despite being in the same country. And even during the just concluded Wimbledon, a lot of English folks wanted Andy Murray to lose. His crime - he's a Scot, despite being British. Folks curse out Eastern Europeans out here all the time, despite being part of the EU. There's a rivalry between the English and the Germans despite both groups being from the same Germanic ethnicity, with the English royal family having German ancestry. French Vs. Brits etc.. However, when it's time for white supremacy - they all get along and come together. That should be our agenda.

Anyway, I'm not into Pan-Africanism - I only roll with black consciousness and the need for black folks to solve their unique problems, by looking inwards and using their intellectual curiosity to proffer solutions.

Regardless, I'm not against the citation of Bible verses - but when it becomes the premise for everything based on prophecies, and not practical steps, it becomes problematic. Yes, spirituality is important cos the spiritual controls the physical, but you still have to go out there and make it happen. However, with black/African folks, we're so used to hope/faith that we have become perpetually lazy, expecting prophecies to manifest, without working hard and smart. Things don't happen that way. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I hear that. But it's always better to keep an open and be objective cos the unique problems plaguing the black race universally are too enormous for one to be blinded by patriotism. Like the great Malcolm X said, “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”

Anyway, if you're telling the truth, then you obviously went to a better school than the ones most of heads on here and all over cyberspace attended cos the overwhelming majority of them probably first heard of Timbuktu on here and they don't really know much about all the great pre-colonial civilisations scattered across Africa. Hence they always think the white man brought civilisation to Africa. grin

That's the message of Afrocentricism and the reason why folks like the later Dr. Chancellor Williams, Dr. John Henrik Clarke (R.I.P the grandmaster teacher), Walter Rodney, Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr Leonard Jeffries, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima et al dedicated decades of research/scholarship on the continent, just to tell our history from the black/African perspective. And a lot of the books they wrote should be part of the School Curriculum all over Africa - if we're really serious about learning our history.
i hear all that bruv but you know i dont think the problem today is curriculum as much as these kids are saturated with technology. these kids dont want to hear all that historic stuff. are you kidding me ? if you were born 20 years ago and you have 3000 songs in your ipod and 1000 movies on your laptop and all kinds of games and mobile phone apps you think you will be tryna hear about leonard jeffries and ivan sertima ? lmao come on now. lets keep it real. dont know how i missed this post though. i just looked up and seen it. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

"low level stuff"?? but thats their own way of fighting racism... collecting white money and f.ucking white bitches.. while hustling the seasonal mixtape to white people. guwop... who really needs marcus garvey, malcolm x, and Afrocentric beards when the battle is fought making money without real meaning and making future Obama and Drake babies?? grin nothing against biracials, I have adorable ones in my family. But somehow racism begot colorism as well.. thus Afrocentrism will continue on that front, while pushing for better black social health and wealth.

bro, what are you doing in conakry ?
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
bro, what are you doing in conakry ?

The moniker is the result of a bargained DNA test i did last year. It compares your DNA to modern populations outside the US. My results came back that my closest continental match was Africa naturally, and my closest countries were Equatorial Guinea and Guinea-Bissau among others. While many African countries weren't surveyed, my least African match was Nigeria cry cry my next continental match aside from Africa was South America, with the Bahamas as my #1 match

Perhaps some close genes of mine live on in Conakry
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

The moniker is the result of a bargained DNA test i did last year. It compares your DNA to modern populations outside the US. My results came back that my closest continental match was Africa naturally, and my closest countries were Equatorial Guinea and Guinea-Bissau among others. While many African countries weren't surveyed, my least African match was Nigeria cry cry my next continental match aside from Africa was South America, with the Bahamas as my #1 match

Perhaps some close genes of mine live on in Conakry
ahhh i see so are you african american ?
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
ahhh i see so are you african american ?

That DNA test would suggest I'm Equatorial Guinean American grin but African American or simply Black both would work cool
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

That DNA test would suggest I'm Equatorial Guinean American grin but African American or simply Black both would work cool
ok, so this is interesting. so are you based in america or have you relocated to africa ? grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
ok, so this is interesting. so are you based in america or have you relocated to africa ? grin

Stuck in America for now, trying to plan my next trip to Cameroun this year (maybe early next year), this time hopefully visiting eastern Nigerian.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Stuck in America for now, trying to plan my next trip to Cameroun this year (maybe early next year), this time hopefully visiting eastern Nigerian.
ok that sounds like a plan. yeah america is a pressure cooker of racial tension right now. dunno how yall manage to stay in that country. its an insane environment
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
i hear all that bruv but you know i dont think the problem today is curriculum as much as these kids are saturated with technology. these kids dont want to hear all that historic stuff. are you kidding me ? if you were born 20 years ago and you have 3000 songs in your ipod and 1000 movies on your laptop and all kinds of games and mobile phone apps you think you will be tryna hear about leonard jeffries and ivan sertima ? lmao come on now. lets keep it real. dont know how i missed this post though. i just looked up and seen it. grin

Big bredrin, you mean all those kids I saw in Lagos two years ago, when I went there for Xmas, running after cars on the motorway just to create wealth for their families have all these gadgets? I seriously doubt that - maybe the kids of affluent Nigerians, who're in the minority.

It's not even about what they like or what they don't like, it's about making it part of the school curriculum, from maybe nursery level. And they have to pass it, to get to the next. With that, they'll be forced to read and assimilate a lot of things that'll stay with them for a lifetime, while subconsciously enhancing their self-pride and self-worth, that they came from a great people - and not slaves and colonised savages.

There were a lot of subjects I never liked in school but I had to read them to pass. I believe the same applies to you. And a lot of the knowledge I acquired from those subjects is still there.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Big bredrin, you mean all those kids I saw in Lagos two years ago, when I went there for Xmas, running after cars on the motorway just to create wealth for their families have all these gadgets? I seriously doubt that - maybe the kids of affluent Nigerians, who're in the minority.

It's not even about what they like or what they don't like, it's about making it part of the school curriculum, from maybe nursery level. And they have to pass it, to get to the next. With that, they'll be forced to read and assimilate a lot of things that'll stay with them for a lifetime, while subconsciously enhancing their self-pride and self-worth, that they came from a great people - and not slaves and colonised savages.

There were a lot of subjects I never liked in school but I had to read them to pass. I believe the same applies to you. And a lot of the knowledge I acquired from those subjects is still there.
bruv i dont know what area u was at in nigeria but those kids u speak about are in the minority. nigeria has 140 million mobile phone users. you do the math. those gala hawkers all have smartphones. and with regards to all that curriculum you are talking about, listen that stuff only matters in a counry where you are the minority. in africa you are the majority, in fact everyone is black. so infusing a likkle european into the curriculum just makes you well rounded. i mean, the european still runs the world at this present dispensation in time right ? and it will behove you to know a little about what the man is about. its a global village bro. you cant afford to pan-africanize and black-power yourself into darkness grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by IceDude(m): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Lord is ur strenght soldier....If not for my dad who discouraged me years ago i would av been a soldier by now. I so much love the Military............Shout out to my childhood friend Paul, keep the flag flying. Kill all them fvcking bokos!
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
ok that sounds like a plan. yeah america is a pressure cooker of racial tension right now. dunno how yall manage to stay in that country. its an insane environment

It's not giving racist ppl too much glory and attention. Their history and their present justifies the scrutiny. I live among mostly black ppl (some Africans included) so it reminds me of "little Africa" in ways I both love and hate.
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

It's not giving racist ppl too much glory and attention. Their history and their present justifies the scrutiny. I live among mostly black ppl (some Africans included) so it reminds me of "little Africa" in ways I both love and hate.
what state and city you at ? let me find out you are in chitown my stomping ground
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
bruv i dont know what area u was at in nigeria but those kids u speak about are in the minority. nigeria has 140 million mobile phone users. you do the math. those gala hawkers all have smartphones. and with regards to all that curriculum you are talking about, listen that stuff only matters in a counry where you are the minority. in africa you are the majority, in fact everyone is black. so infusing a likkle european into the curriculum just makes you well rounded. i mean, the european still runs the world at this present dispensation in time right ? and it will behove you to know a little about what the man is about. its a global village bro. you cant afford to pan-africanize and black-power yourself into darkness grin

I stayed mostly on the Island, but went around like three days to see some fam that have been here a few times and did wild around to some places with cousins to smoke their skunk, just to know what it's like. After that, I just stayed in one place. Regardless, I honestly doubt majority of the folks have those gadgets, with that amount of shiit. Even on this forum, most Nigerians use Chinese phones - stop it. And that's Lagos, arguably the only city in Nigeria (Abuja might be decent but I can't judge cos I've never been there).

Also, how many Nigerians have access to the internet and can even download big megabytes? Heck, even NL with its fraudulent over 2million registered users doesn't have up to 10,000 active users residing in Nigeria. And isn't NL the biggest medium on the internet where Nigerians meet? So how come these over 140million heads can't give this forum at least 1million active users in Nigeria?

Regardless, the message of Afrocentricism isn't about throwing yourself into darkness and disconnecting yourself from the world - it's about creating subconscious/conscious self-belief and self-worth(pride). That's what knowledge of self is about, just to show you can achieve greatness, just like those before you and you have no ceiling. Unlike when you believe the white man saved you from savagery by colonising and enslaving you - the ricochet effect is the reason why the world treats Africans like babies, who have to be spoon-fed. And the reason why AFricans are innately mentally lazy, weak, and think like babies who need guidance from white folks for basically everything. Hence nothing works on the continent cos Africans can't create anything.

1 Like

Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I stayed mostly on the Island, but went around like three days to see some fam that have been here a few times and did wild around to some places with cousins to smoke their skunk, just to know what it's like. After that, I just stayed in one place. Regardless, I honestly doubt majority of the folks have those gadgets, with that amount of shiit. Even on this forum, most Nigerians use Chinese phones - stop it. And that's Lagos, arguably the only city in Nigeria (Abuja might be decent but I can't judge cos I've never been there).

Also, how many Nigerians have access to the internet and can even download big megabytes? Heck, even NL with its fraudulent over 1million registered users don't have up to 10,000 active users residing in Nigeria. And isn't NL the biggest medium on the internet where Nigerians meet? So how come these over 140million heads can't give this forum at least 1million active users in Nigeria?

Regardless, the message of Afrocentricism isn't about throwing yourself into darkness and disconnecting yourself from the world - it's about creating subconscious/conscious self-believe and self-worth(pride). That's what knowledge of self is about, just to show you can achieve greatness, just like those before you and you have no ceiling. Unlike when you believe the white man saved you from savagery by colonising and enslaving - the ricochet effect is the reason why the world treats Africans like babies, who have to be spoon-fed. And the reason why AFricans are innately mentally lazy, weak, and think like babies who need guidance from white folks for basically everything. Hence nothing works on the continent cos Africans can't create anything.
our problem is more celestial than happenstance but you wouldnt know nothing about that or want to accept it cuz to you everything is physical. bro, we are spiritual entities having a physical existence. with regards to not enough nigerians being on nairaland. why would you be in nigeria and be on nairaland ? nairaland is mostly for homesick diasporans who want to connect back home albeit not physically. as such you will not get too many people in nigeria on nairaland. but you can rest assured that the gala seller has an ipad a laptop and a smartphone. trust me. cool
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
our problem is more celestial than happenstance but you wouldnt know nothing about that or want to accept it cuz to you everything is physical. bro, we are spiritual entities having a physical existence. with regards to not enough nigerians being on nairaland. why would you be in nigeria and be on nairaland ? nairaland is mostly for homesick diasporans who want to connect back home albeit not physically. as such you will not get too many people in nigeria on nairaland. but you can rest assured that the gala seller has an ipad a laptop and a smartphone. trust me. cool

Lol, I should be in Lagos again at the end of this year with my boy. We've got a few business networking to do with one of his distant cousins from Edo. The chic is trying to get us involved in some juicy stuffs. Best believe I'll definitely be on the look out for the street hustlers with iPad - that should make a great YouTube documentary on digital hustling in naij, ya get me? - Welcome to Lagos! grin

I don't believe in the celestial postulation. Our problem is primarily mental, induced by mental slavery/laziness and the dearth of intellectual curiosity.

Anyway, nice chatting to you. I never planned to be on here all day today, after a few weeks break. But it's always refreshing to chat to you and get wisdom out of ya eccentric knowledge scope. Taking a few days off again - should be back by weekend and hopefully we'll have a next interesting topic of discourse. Safe, big bredrin - rasta ah gwan pon de bed to meditate and smoke some zoot for spiritual healing. grin

I'm out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, I should be in Lagos again at the end of this year with my boy. We've got a few business networking to do with one of his distant cousins from Edo. The chic is trying to get us involved in some juicy stuffs. Best believe I'll definitely be on the look out for the street hustlers with iPad - that should make a great YouTube documentary on digital hustling in naij, ya get me? - Welcome to Lagos! grin

I don't believe in the celestial postulation. Our problem is primarily mental, induced by mental slavery/laziness and the dearth of intellectual curiosity.

Anyway, nice chatting to you. I never planned to be on here all day today, after a few weeks break. But it's always refreshing to chat to you and get wisdom out of ya eccentric knowledge scope. Taking a few days off again - should be back by weekend and hopefully we'll have a next interesting topic of discourse. Safe, big bredrin - rasta ah gwan pon de bed to meditate and smoke some zoot for spiritual healing. grin

I'm out.
ahhh bruv you think they will bring their ipad out when they are hustling gala ? the ipad is at home. lol. oh yeah you need to hit me up. i want to enter naija this year too so maybe we can peel the cap of a few bottles of orijin lmao. an american expression ' peel yo cap '. well hey if you think our problem is mental you are entitled toy our opinions brah. hey you know its always nice kicking it with you family, and why you taking a break till weekend ? i never heard about nobody taking a break from chilling. nairaland is the chill out zone. how you taking a break from chilling ? lmao. yeah enjoy yourself bredren and stay cool and i will be looking out for you when you come on again. stay blessed bro and God speed wink wink grin grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by AAinEqGuinea: 12:24am On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
what state and city you at ? let me find out you are in chitown my stomping ground

Nice. I'm not too far from Chi, I live in Milw for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From Hanan Buhari's Birthday Party / After Saving Governors From Embarrassment, Buhari Gets Betrayed - Bashir Ahmad / Fayose React As Fayemi  Win At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.