Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) (44416 Views)

Buhari Not Oldest President In Africa, He Can Rule Beyond 2019 – Adnan Na-Habu / Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
ahhh bruv you think they will bring their ipad out when they are hustling gala ? the ipad is at home. lol. oh yeah you need to hit me up. i want to enter naija this year too so maybe we can peel the cap of a few bottles of orijin lmao. an american expression ' peel yo cap '. well hey if you think our problem is mental you are entitled toy our opinions brah. hey you know its always nice kicking it with you family, and why you taking a break till weekend ? i never heard about nobody taking a break from chilling. nairaland is the chill out zone. how you taking a break from chilling ? lmao. yeah enjoy yourself bredren and stay cool and i will be looking out for you when you come on again. stay blessed bro and God speed wink wink grin grin

I only came to create this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2453181/eminem-pens-letter-tupacs-mother . I beg you help me bless the thread.

Brev, yes, you can chill on here but it's the second half of the year, and the year would be over soon. So sometimes, you just have to take a break from excessive chilling and get whatever goals you set for the year done. Then a lot of things on here these days aren't fresh and the folks, due to illiteracy have a tendency to always hate or try to provoke something. I have got shiit to do for now, till end of August than to come here and start fighting with dunderheads for comic relief. grin

Anyway, I'm always about on here and I probably check 5-10 threads everyday, and you can catch me on CIF as well.

Black people's problem is mental - black folks done lost their damn cotton picking minds. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

I only came to create this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2453181/eminem-pens-letter-tupacs-mother . I beg you help me bless the thread.

Brev, yes, you can chill on here but it's the second half of the year, and the year would be over soon. So sometimes, you just have to take a break from excessive chilling and get whatever goals you set for the year done. Then a lot of things on here these days aren't fresh and the folks, due to illiteracy have a tendency to always hate or try to provoke something. I have got shiit to do for now, till end of August than to come here and start fighting with dunderheads for comic relief. grin

Anyway, I'm always about on here and I probably check 5-10 threads everyday, and you can catch me on CIF as well.

Black people's problem is mental - black folks done lost their damn cotton picking minds. grin
i heard all that bruv. yeah i hear ya about the goals part too. my goal is to stay alive till september then am really gonna get turnt up. lmao. a thread about eminem ? awww hell nahhhh i aint feeling that phoney baloney niggaz wannabe asss cracka. yeah i admit there was a time i rocked a coupla of his joints back in the day but he is a one trick pony. you listen to a couple of his songs and you done listened to them all. yeah i admit it do get tiring going back and forth with these coconut head ass niggaz on here but i think i still have a bit more reserve in the tank till i get to your level of disgust and then chill out from it. grin grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
i heard all that bruv. yeah i hear ya about the goals part too. my goal is to stay alive till september then am really gonna get turnt up. lmao. a thread about eminem ? awww hell nahhhh i aint feeling that phoney baloney niggaz wannabe asss cracka. yeah i admit there was a time i rocked a coupla of his joints back in the day but he is a one trick pony. you listen to a couple of his songs and you done listened to them all. yeah i admit it do get tiring going back and forth with these coconut head ass niggaz on here but i think i still have a bit more reserve in the tank till i get to your level of disgust and then chill out from it. grin grin

Lol, I think Coogar needs to read what you wrote about Eminem cos that's his favourite rapper. And I keep telling him that Eminem is all noise in proper rap structure, and no content - but he'll never listen. grin The only reason Em has been about to sell millions of records is because he's white and white folks are the ones who buy proper albums. Majority of black folks just download everything for free.

Yes, the Marshall Mathers LP was a classic - and I've got the album on my iPod in the section for all the classic Hip Hop albums. The Slim Shady LP was also decent. Apart from those two - all he ever talks about is pure nonsense. The content of his music is so terrible that you'll shake ya head in disgust after listening to his music for a bit. grin But he's the greatest white rapper ever - I'll give him that.

Anyway, the thread is about the letter he wrote to 2pac's mother, Afeni Shakur, celebrating the greatness of 2pac. Not about him.

You definitely are going to be on this planet till you reach a century to civilise the savages. But don't let the crackheads and bitter haters on this forum get to you, cos these mofos can turn anyone out and bring them to their misery. Just catch comic relief from their misery and dumbness. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, I think Coogar needs to read what you wrote about Eminem cos that's his favourite rapper. And I keep telling him that Eminem is all noise in proper rap structure, and no content - but he'll never listen. grin The only reason Em has been about to sell millions of records is because he's white and white folks are the ones who buy proper albums. Majority of black folks just download everything for free.

Yes, the Marshall Mathers LP was a classic - and I've got the album on my iPod in the section for all the classic Hip Hop albums. The Slim Shady LP was also decent. Apart from those two - all he ever talks about is pure nonsense. The content of his music is so terrible that you'll shake ya head in disgust after listening to his music for a bit. grin But he's the greatest white rapper ever - I'll give him that.

Anyway, the thread is about the letter he wrote to 2pac's mother, Afeni Shakur, celebrating the greatness of 2pac. Not about him.

You definitely are going to be on this planet till you reach a century to civilise the savages. But don't let the crackheads and bitter haters on this forum get to you, cos these mofos can turn anyone out and bring them to their misery. Just catch comic relief from their misery and dumbness. grin
coogar is a sellout ass nigga. how the heck a black man will say eminem is his favorite rapper when we got rakim, big daddy kane, special ed, KRS 1, kool g rap etc etc is beyond me. coogar needs to get his hood pass revoked. you say what now ? eminem is the greatest white rapper ever ? awww hell nahhhhh say hello to my lil caucasian fren mc serch >>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YzkYPsoh34
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
coogar is a sellout ass nigga. how the heck a black man will say eminem is his favorite rapper when we got rakim, big daddy kane, special ed, KRS 1, kool g rap etc etc is beyond me. coogar needs to get his hood pass revoked. you say what now ? eminem is the greatest white rapper ever ? awww hell nahhhhh say hello to my lil caucasian fren mc serch >>>>

Lol, Eminem just fooled them with the complex pattern, wordplay and multisyllabic rhymes. But his content is always garbage, from talking about pinocchio's nose, to hating his mum all the time etc.. After a while that shyte gets boring. Heck, even if they only care about complex rap patterns and wordplay - there are gazillion of rappers who did it better than Eminem. Chino XL and Keith Murray are classic examples - and Nas has one of the most complex style out there, with metaphors you can't even discern without being supremely intelligent and knowledgeable - and the content of Nas' music is legendary.

I think it has to do with the fact that most folks don't understand the essence of hip hop and rap music, and how it was created to be about content and storytelling.

Lmao, I forgot the great MC Serch who helped Nas get on Columbia Records. Nas, "My boy MC Serch nevertheless took me to Columbia, back then CBS" on the "Surviving the Times" tune produced by Chris Webber.

Rakim Allah, KRS 1, Kool G Rap, Scarface, Spice 1, Big Daddy Kane - legends right there. grin Don't revoke his pass - we'll convert him by giving him some classic hip hop albums. grin Eminem isn't even the greatest out of Detroit - Elzhi is. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, Eminem just fooled with the complex pattern with wordplay and multisyllabic rhymes. But his content is always garbage, from talking about pinocchio's nose, to hating his mum all the time etc.. After a while that shyte gets boring. Heck, even if they only care about complex rap patterns and wordplay - there gazillion of rappers who did it better than Eminem. Chino XL and Keith Murray are classic examples - and Nas has one of the most complex style out there, with metaphors you can't even discern without being supremely intelligent and knowledgeable - and the content of Nas' music is legendary.

I think it has to do with the fact that most folks don't understand the essence of hip hop and rap music, and how it was created to be about content and storytelling.

Lmao, I forgot the great MC Serch who helped Nas get on Columbia Records. Nas, "My boy MC Serch nevertheless took me to Columbia, back then CBS" on the "Surviving the Times" tune produced by Chris Webber.

Rakim Allah, KRS 1, Kool G Rap, Scarface, Spice 1, Big Daddy Kane - legends right there. grin Don't revoke his pass - we'll convert him by giving him some classic hip hop albums. grin Eminem isn't even the greatest out of Detroit - Elzhi is. grin
yeah you know what it is ? white brainwashing. when the white media tells you eminem is the greatest then these self hating negro zombies fall in line with that thought process. i got nothing against the man but i like mc serch better. i like men to have masculine baritone voice when rapping not whiny lil eminem girly kinda voice. aint nothing like a baritoned verse steeped in wordplay. its a beautiful thang. thats why i also like chuck d. eminem is for white lil girls not real men grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
yeah you know what it is ? white brainwashing. when the white media tells you eminem is the greatest then these self hating negro zombies fall in line with that thought process. i got nothing against the man but i like mc serch better. i like men to have masculine baritone voice when rapping not whiny lil eminem girly kinda voice. aint nothing like a baritoned verse steeped in wordplay. its a beautiful thang. thats why i also like chuck d. eminem is for white lil girls not real men grin

I won't even put it on all white folks. Yes, the media does project that image with Eminem, just as they did with Elvis, by stealing black culture and making it white. However, majority of white proper hip hop heads that I know, even middle class whites, that I converse about hip hop with all the time on CIF - don't even believe that nonsense. Their choices vary from Chuck D, to Ice Cube, to Wu Tang, to Rakim, to Nas, to 2pac, to Big Daddy Kane, to Biggie, to KRS 1 - depending on generation. Heck, I've conversed with a white guy in his 50s who thinks Melle Mel of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five is the greatest rapper ever. And one time, at the bank, I met a bank manager, a white guy in his 40s who heard me playing rap music from my headphones and told me Ice Cube is his favourite/greatest rapper ever. We sat there and chatted for like 30 mins and he told me about all NWA and Ice Cube's albums, and why no one is greater than Ice Cube. grin

Eminem's content is garbage and for white folks to have something to cheer in hip hop, and coon brothers. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

I won't even put it on all white folks. Yes, the media does project that image with Eminem, just as they did with Elvis, by stealing black culture and making it white. However, majority of white proper hip hop heads that I know, even middle class whites, that I converse about hip hop with all the time on CIF - don't even believe that nonsense. Their choices vary from Chuck D, to Ice Cube, to Wu Tang, to Rakim, to Nas, to 2pac, to Big Daddy Kane, to Biggie, to KRS 1 - depending on generation. Heck, I've conversed with a white guy in his 50s who thinks Melle Mel of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five is the greatest rapper ever. And one time, at the bank, I met a bank manager, a white guy in his 40s who heard me playing rap music from my headphones and told me Ice Cube is his favourite/greatest rapper ever. We sat there and chatted for like 30 mins and he told me about all NWA and Ice Cube's albums, and why no one is greater than Ice Cube. grin

Eminem's content is garbage and for white folks to have something to cheer in hip hop, and coon brothers. grin
you right on the money. real hiphop heads dont believe that garbage. dont matter what race they are. the only credibility he had as far as i was concerned was that he was rocking with 4 black guys from detroit and then aligned with dre and 50 cent. that right there is where he got the hood stamp of approval from. other than that he just a white minstrel show. a flash in the pan. was intriguing for that moment but the effect soon wore of real quick. cool
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
you right on the money. real hiphop heads dont believe that garbage. dont matter what race they are. the only credibility he had as far as i was concerned was that he was rocking with 4 black guys from detroit and then aligned with dre and 50 cent. that right there is where he got the hood stamp of approval from. other than that he just a white minstrel show. a flash in the pan. was intriguing for that moment but the effect soon wore of real quick. cool

Hip hop is a barrier breaker. Yes, it's quintessentially a universal black music/culture for hood stories that started in the Bronx - but there were white and latinos in hip hop from the beginning. Though white and Jewish folks hijacked it at the executive level and got fat off the sweat of the pioneers. Rick Rubin was with Russell Simmons from the beginning, and Beastie Boys have been around since 1981. Shyte, even the UK was on it from the get-go, and we blessed hip hop with Slick Rick the ruler and Monie Love.

Without Dre, Eminem wouldn't even have made it. Hence he only surrounds himself with black rappers. His content will always be garbage within a complex rap structure and rhyme pattern. grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Khd95(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Freemanan:
EASIER SAID THAN DONE...

NICE KIT THO... NEVER KNEW NIGERIA MILITARY KIT SO WELL...
With rusty AK47
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Khd95:

With rusty AK47
Still dey kill o
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Yeah... thumbs up
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Khd95(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Freemanan:

Still dey kill o

After. E don hook like 77 times grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Khd95:

After. E don hook like 77 times grin
Hahahaa... Enemy don reach house, dey sip kunu with him homies by then...
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by sukkot: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Hip hop is a barrier breaker. Yes, it's quintessentially a universal black music/culture for hood stories that started in the Bronx - but there were white and latinos in hip hop from the beginning. Though white and Jewish folks hijacked it at the executive level and got fat off the sweat of the pioneers. Rick Rubin was with Russell Simmons from the beginning, and Beastie Boys have been around since 1981. Shyte, even the UK was on it from the get-go, and we blessed hip hop with Slick Rick the ruler and Monie Love.

Without Dre, Eminem wouldn't even have made it. Hence he only surrounds himself with black rappers. His content will always be garbage within a complex rap structure and rhyme pattern. grin
oh yeah monie love was my gurl back then too. her music was tight. monie in the middle. its a shame the way you mess around with my heart lol. dont forget neneh cherry now and soul 2 soul . yeah the UK was runnin things too back then. omar lye fook, desree, etc. yeah i know some of the guys i mentioned are rnb. but yeah the golden age of music is over. just as the golden age of movies is over. spike lee joints was my thing. i guess the golden age of this world is over. right now it is overt capitalism. no more culture. ahh welll thats life. cry grin
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Shymm3x: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
sukkot:
oh yeah monie love was my gurl back then too. her music was tight. monie in the middle. its a shame the way you mess around with my heart lol. dont forget neneh cherry now and soul 2 soul . yeah the UK was runnin things too back then. omar lye fook, desree, etc. yeah i know some of the guys i mentioned are rnb. but yeah the golden age of music is over. just as the golden age of movies is over. spike lee joints was my thing. i guess the golden age of this world is over. right now it is overt capitalism. no more culture. ahh welll thats life. cry grin

Word!

Spike Lee is a legend!
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by MrDoGood(m): 1:37am On Jul 16, 2015
Freemanan:
EASIER SAID THAN DONE...

NICE KIT THO... NEVER KNEW NIGERIA MILITARY KIT SO WELL...
Where are you from?
Re: My Life Belongs To My Country - Nigerian Soldier, Habu Sabo (pic) by Zarahanair: 3:53am On Mar 31, 2016
sukkot:
i hear all that bruv but you know i dont think the problem today is curriculum as much as these kids are saturated with technology. these kids dont want to hear all that historic stuff. are you kidding me ? if you were born 20 years ago and you have 3000 songs in your ipod and 1000 movies on your laptop and all kinds of games and mobile phone apps you think you will be tryna hear about leonard jeffries and ivan sertima ? lmao come on now. lets keep it real. dont know how i missed this post though. i just looked up and seen it. grin

This is indeed a problem. The ironic thing is that technology enables us now to go
back and dig up more balanced data, more balanced than distorted Eurocentric
claims, and restore a more balanced picture of African agency, history and bio-history.
"Just Google" and so much comes up. Before, a lot of this info was locked away
and inaccessible o the general public. It is sad that now at a time when we have such
powerful tools at our disposal to reclaim our history, some blacks can't be bothered.

What is also sad is that the enemies of African people have jumped on technology
and are using it around the clock to bash, bait, distort and lie. Meanwhile some negroes
too busy with dey ipod rotations to defend the people, giving the racists an easy field day.
All the Neo-nazi and Kluxer forces have moved to the web big time and they are much more
sophisticated these days- they will quote scientific studies, computer models and stats
etc in service of their agendas and they have deeply embedded networks churning
out distortion 24/7. Too often black people are sitting back and giving them a free hand.
They have infiltrated Wikipedia and now distort numerous WIki articles with slanted
information while removing balanced scholarship on Africa by good faith editors.
Sometimes they work in tandem with Wiki admins to sandbag and blockade
the addition of more balanced info on Africa and Africans.

Too often many people, will say "You are just racist" when faced with the activities
of such Afro-haters, but can add little mote- that is their minimal approach, allowing
enemies to portray them as emotional children, unable to handle logic, reasoning and data.
Time to stop giving them an easy pass. Support forums that offer a more balanced
picture, and add as much research you can dig up on to these forums, to end-run
the Wikipedia moles, and establish independent, alternative sources of credible data.

http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/15/basic-database-nile-valley-studies
Many others can be listed. Suggestions anyone?
========================================================

Diop on hypocritical double standards of Eurocentrism

“But it is only the most gratuitous theory that considers the Dinka,
the Nouer and the Masai, among others, to be Caucasoids. What if an African
ethnologist were to persist in recognizing as white-only the blond, blue-eyed
Scandinavians, and systematically refused membership to the remaining Europeans,
and Mediterraneans in particular—the French, Italians, Greek, Spanish, and
Portuguese? Just as the inhabitants of Scandinavia and the Mediterranean countries
must be considered as two extreme poles of the same anthropological reality, so
should the Negroes of East and West Africa be considered as the two extremes in
the reality of the Negro world. To say that a Shillouk, a Dinka, or a Nouer is a
Caucasoid is for an African as devoid of sense and scientific interest as would be,
to a European, an attitude that maintained that a Greek or a Latin were not of the
same race.“
-- CA Diop, 'Evolution of the Negro world', Presence Africaine -23, 51. 5-15

DIOP on genotype versus phenotype

"If we speak only of genotype, I can find a black who, at the level
of his chromosomes, is closer to a Swede than Peter Botha is. But what
counts in reality is the phenotype. It is the physical appearance which
counts. This black, even if on the level of his cells he is closer to a
Swede than Peter Botha, when he is in South Africa he will still live in
Soweto. Throughout history, it has been the phenotype which has been at
issue, we mustn't lose sight of this fact. The phenotype is a reality,
physical appearance is a reality. And this appearance corresponds to
something which makes us say that Europe is peopled by white people,
Africa is peopled by black people, and Asia is people by yellow people.
It is these relationships which have played a role in history...

Now every time these relationships are not favorable to the western
cultures, an effort is made to undermine the cultural consciousness of
Africans by telling them. ‘we don’t even know what race is’. What that
means is that they do not know what a black man is; [but] they do know
what a white man is… It is the phenotype which has given us so much
difficulty throughout history, so it is this which must be considered
in these relations."
--CA Diop. 1985- Interview in Journal of African Civilizations
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006992;p=1

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose React As Fayemi  Win At Tribunal / Buhari Arrives Ebonyi State (Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Protest Breakout In Ogbomoso (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.