Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (30753 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by seunmsg(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
you have been running amok lime a lunatic on this thread spewing thrash. Why do yolobastards always scream that oil belongs to Nigeria? but will never admit that Lagos also belong to every Nigerian? Lagos state is our commonwealth, it was built by the oil proceeds from oil producing states and the sweat of hardworking Nigerians, hence is a no mans land. Deal with it.

Stop trying to compare apples with oranges. Lagos is an indigenous Yoruba state in Nigeria and nobody can dispute that fact. Bayelsa is also an indigenous Ijaw state in Nigeria and no other tribe can lay claim to the state.

When you talk of natural resources, the law of the country stipulates that they belong to the federation for the benefit of all parts of the country. Natural resources in Lagos, Ondo, Imo, Bayelsa, Kogi etc are mined and the proceeds shared among all states in the country. That we share resources found in different parts of the country doesn't mean we should refer to a land that is indigenous to a tribe as a no man's land. Lagos state generates over 70% of the VAT that is shared among all the states without Lagos even benefiting from the 13% derivation advantage that oil producing states enjoy. South east and south south states enjoy VAT proceed generated in Lagos and the state is not complaining.

5 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunmsg:

Stop trying to compare apples with oranges. Lagos is an indigenous Yoruba state in Nigeria and nobody can dispute that fact. Bayelsa is also an indigenous Ijaw state in Nigeria and no other tribe can lay claim to the state.

When you talk of natural resources, the law of the country stipulates that they belong to the federation for the benefit of all parts of the country. Natural resources in Lagos, Ondo, Imo, Bayelsa, Kogi etc are mined and the proceeds shared among all states in the country. That we share resources found in different parts of the country doesn't mean we should refer to a land that is indigenous to a tribe as a no man's land. Lagos state generates over 70% of the VAT that is shared among all the states without Lagos even benefiting from the 13% derivation advantage that oil producing states enjoy. South east and south south states enjoy VAT proceed generated in Lagos and the state is not complaining.

Dont mind them. Ondo state produce more oil than there region but they are the only tribe in Nigeria fighting everyone cos they hate there own land. I dont know how a sane man will be fighting over someone else land cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by belzabull(f): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
CHM11:

Your bolded will most likely work. Problem will only arise when the igbos try to claim oil/gas producing lands in the SS. I believe that's why the Biafra dream failed the first time. Nigeria and Biafra fought for the Oil discovered in the SS region, a non igbo, non yoruba and non hausa minority people.
When time comes we see how you will stop Igbo in the SS from aligning with Biafra

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by belzabull(f): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunmsg:

Very good! I mean brilliant! The same Nigerian constitution says that any Nigerian living in any part of the country should be seen as Nigerian first and not Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man. Why are you yolobas claiming lagos? ogun man will claim lagos, ditto osun, ekiti etc, why dont you all claim oyo state/ibadam?

Same constitution also stipulates that you are eligible to contest elections if you have lived in any part of the country for a certain number of years. So why were Yoruba threatening Igbo that qualified to contest election in Lagos even when its obvious they meet the criteria?.

Nice try but sorry...your logic is flawed

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
forgiveness:

Hmmmm! @ the bolded is interesting.

Did you mean Ironsi was not made Head of State by the coup plotters but HE merely made/asked them to surrender to him?

How did he make them(Democratic Government) to surrender to him(millitary officer), at gun point or willing? because you said they had no choice.

Are you saying they had no choice to handover to a constitutional next highest Government ranking official after the demise of the prime minister?

Or was it constitutional for Ironsi to become head of states?

Infact, does Nigeria have a Constitution as at that time? and if yes, What does the constitution states about the rightful person to be made interim Prime minister or whatever?
It was was a time of chaos. In the words of Ironsi culled from the book "the five majors" Ironsi said to members and supporters of NPC and Bale was that they either surrender like gentlemen or surrender by force.

pick up up a copy of the book and fill yourself in.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by seunmsg(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
Very good! I mean brilliant! The same Nigerian constitution says that any Nigerian living in any part of the country should be seen as Nigerian first and not Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man. Why are you yolobas claiming lagos? ogun man will claim lagos, ditto osun, ekiti etc, why dont you all claim oyo state/ibadam?

Same constitution also stipulates that you are eligible to contest elections if you have lived in any part of the country for a certain number of years. So why were Yoruba threatening Igbo that qualified to contest election in Lagos even when its obvious they meet the criteria?.

Nice try but sorry...your logic is flawed

An Ijaw man from River state who live in Bayelsa will naturally claim to be at home because the land indigenously belong to the Ijaws. If an Hausa man living in Yenagoa describe the place as a no man's land, all Ijaws irrespective of the state they came from will unanimously decry the Hausa man and defend their ownership of the land.

Yorubas have never stopped Igbos from contesting in Lagos. Do your research well and you will see that Igbos have been contesting elections in Lagos since the pre colonial era. Zik contested and won election in Lagos. As at today, about 5 Igbos are representing various federal constituencies in Lagos at the National assembly and nobody is making an issue out of it. So, I don't get where you get the idea that Yorubas are threatening Igbos who want to contest in Lagos from.

Finally, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city that welcomes everybody. Once you live in Lagos, irrespective of your tribe, you become a Lagosian same way anybody that lives in London is a Londoner. That does not mean the land is a no man's land. The yorubas are the indigenous owners of the Land and that should never be disputed.

9 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by CHM11: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
When time comes we see how you will stop Igbo in the SS from aligning with Biafra
Don't intend doing that in anyway. There is always freedom of association and mutual respect amongst people in the SS. Mutual respect I find very rare from many SEastern nairalanders (dunnot if its so in real life). There's nothing wrong in respecting others as they respect you!

By the way, I've not seen any IGBO in the SS!!!!....they don't call themselves 'IGBO'.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by belzabull(f): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunmsg:

An Ijaw man from River state who live in Bayelsa will naturally claim to be at home because the land indigenously belong to the Ijaws. If an Hausa man living in Yenagoa describe the place as a no man's land, all Ijaws irrespective of the state they came from will unanimously decry the Hausa man and defend their ownership of the land.

Yorubas have never stopped Igbos from contesting in Lagos. Do your research well and you will see that Igbos have been contesting elections in Lagos since the pre colonial era. Zik contested and won election in Lagos. As at today, about 5 Igbos are representing various federal constituencies in Lagos at the National assembly and nobody is making an issue out of it. So, I don't get where you get the idea that Yorubas are threatening Igbos who want to contest in Lagos from.

Finally, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city that welcomes everybody. Once you live in Lagos, irrespective of your tribe, you become a Lagosian same way anybody that lives in London is a Londoner. That does not mean the land is a no man's land. The yorubas are the indigenous owners of the Land and that should never be disputed.
Where were you when the oba of lagoon threatened igbos who wanted to exercise their civic right of freedom of choice?

Lagos is cosmopolitan in nature as such every one living there is a lagosian. Going by the same constitution, an osun man living in lagos has no more right than an imo person also living in lagos. Why will yolobas refer to as fellow citizen as visitors/immigrants in their own country? and you ask igbos to go back to igbo land? meanwhile you enjoy the tax money you reap from them. Such mentality and nonsense can only come from senseless and irritating yolobastards.

How many times have SS people asked you yolobas to vacate the oil companies in the ND where they have virtually monopolized with your slave master?

Yolobarrs are bunch of greedy, annoying and deceptive hypocrites

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by belzabull(f): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
CHM11:

Don't intend doing that in anyway. There is always freedom of association and mutual respect amongst people in the SS. Mutual respect I find very rare from many SEastern nairalanders (dunnot if its so in real life). There's nothing wrong in respecting others as they respect you!

By the way, I've not seen any IGBO in the SS!!!!....they don't call themselves 'IGBO'.
You are a despicable dunce and a repulsive idddiot.

For a start, I'm from ogwashi ukwu in anioma land, and I'm proudly igbo. I am beginning to think that you are mad honestly, and it will be a pity if I just quited a lunatic.

ikechu1257, fr3do, 1naira6, ELTON123 etal pls do you have anything to say to this goat cos I don't like conversing with mad people

kai! what an iddiott?

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:
I read a thread by one of our Igbo brothers, linked here
Let us settle our differences, Igbo group tells Lagosians: https://www.nairaland.com/2450640/lets-settle-differences-igbo-group.
I think this is a very heart-warming and credible effort on the part of the group.

I have decided to create this response, as a way forward on the issue.
The idea is to "TRY" to explain things from the point of view of a Yoruba person so that once we know what the issues are, we can begin to iron them out.

Yorubas are tired of Ibos like this OP hiding behind a moniker to profess and claim, deceptively , a Yoruba ethnicity.

True Yorubas got the message already and we stand on our resolve to widen the gap and differences between us and Ibo. It is not negotiable with a sober attempt to reconcile after the damage is done. Where was this reconciliation group to caution and humble their wayward sons in the early stages of their insults? Their attempt is reflective of the impending losses that will follow their demise were Yoruba to rise up and send back home....its not genuine reconciliation at all.

If Jonathan had won reelection there would never have been an Ibo group calling for reconciliation of interest with Yoruba...their impunity would have increased, supported from the center by their positioned brothers in power.

We know whats up, shove your apologies in your @$$.

7 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by CHM11: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
You are a despicable dunce and a repulsive idddiot.

For a start, I'm from ogwashi ukwu in anioma land, and I'm proudly igbo. I am beginning to think that you are mad honestly, and it will be a pity if I just quited a lunatic.

ikechu1257, fr3do, 1naira6 etal pls do you have anything to say to this goat cos I don't like conversing with mad people

kai! what an iddiott?

English is quite hard!!!...

As much as u try to be stupid on a public forum.

I will try to make easier for your brain.

I have not seen any igbo in the south south. The igbolike tribes I've seen don't call themselves igbos!!!. This doesn't stop them from wanting or not wanting Biafra. Its a thing of choice!!!
(Please take note of the bolded above)

I know even the above clear explanation will still escape your logical dispersion because you are a child born into hate for other human beings. Re-evaluate your life, repent and see what plans God have for you.

I hate no tribe or religion...We are born into what we are,.......respect each other!!!!

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
forgiveness:

Did Awo made it known to Ojukwu that the West was not ready to seceed?

Did Awo agree to seceed with Ojukwu?

The answer to both questions is OBVIOUSLY NO!

His decision was his decision, to the best of his abilities and in the interest of his people.

That it backfired is his fault and he must take responsibility for it, ....not blaming Yorubas

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Rogue. EFCC will catch you soon, your father must be crying in his grave now for bringing an animal like you to this world. Too bad

Is this "Isieewuu" your friend? grin grin grin

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by coolitempa(f): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
how many have you sent away today? what's stopping you?. yorubastard monkey

Dirry girl....how ur trade....go home..... wink
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
Exactly! this was what i said earlier in a thread today. Yoruba are so self centered and self conceited, they feel they are to smart and are so arrogant, otherwise who wakes up one morning and arrogate the title of most sophisticated to himself?

On one breadth, they say ND oil belongs to all Nigerians but Lagos belongs to Yoruba only in another breadth. useless, hypocritic leeches and double-faced cowards

Chillax nne!

if somebody wakes up and says "he is most sophisticated" then that is his opinion!

Why should that pain you if you actually dont think he is infact "most sophisticated"?

being sophisticated is a question of INTELLIGENCE and CARRIAGE .........it's not in doubt, using a few historical events, that Yorubas have shown themselves to be extremely intelligent!
It is the "outcomes" that shows whether you are intelligent or not, not just mouthing it.....and l am sure there are a few events you can recollect yourself undecided undecided

But then, l dont want you people to derail this thread.
It is about reconciliation!
Those that dont want to reconcile, can take a walk...... and let the reasonable ones who think it is a way forward, to discuss the modus operandi We cant satisfy every Bigit, you know. Nor be fight! wink

And thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:
I read a thread by one of our Igbo brothers, linked here
Let us settle our differences, Igbo group tells Lagosians: https://www.nairaland.com/2450640/lets-settle-differences-igbo-group.
I think this is a very heart-warming and credible effort on the part of the group.

I have decided to create this response, as a way forward on the issue.
The idea is to "TRY" to explain things from the point of view of a Yoruba person so that once we know what the issues are, we can begin to iron them out.

This is what your people are very good at and it has been working for you for years: lies and propaganda while shutting up the opposition. REal Igbos have been systematically banned on this yoruba-owned website and you guys can just post whatever you want as you feel nobody can chalenge you. This is why Radio Biafra is giving you guys nightmares because it is out of your lying control.

Please keep your one nigeria and let me keep my Biafra. OK?
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Yorubas are tired of Ibos like this OP hiding behind a moniker to profess and claim, deceptively , a Yoruba ethnicity.

True Yorubas got the message already and we stand on our resolve to widen the gap and differences between us and Ibo. It is not negotiable with a sober attempt to reconcile after the damage is done. Where was this reconciliation group to caution and humble their wayward sons in the early stages of their insults? Their attempt is reflective of the impending losses that will follow their demise were Yoruba to rise up and send back home....its not genuine reconciliation at all.

If Jonathan had won reelection there would never have been an Ibo group calling for reconciliation of interest with Yoruba...their impunity would have increased, supported from the center by their positioned brothers in power.

We know whats up, shove your apologies in your @$$.

I feel you pulse omo'ya!

But l want you to look at it from this angle: In every family, there are bound to be the "He-Goat" but that does not mean all of the children are He-Goats!
*What l am saying is that there comes a time when some people see the light and realize that they have been hating for no good reason.
*Others realize they have been poisoned intentionally or mis-informed for selfish reasons
*Others repent and get born-again
*Other become wise and realize what they are doing is not even in their interest.

In such scenarios, if the accused realizes his error and sues for peace, who are we to say NO?
We are Yorubas and our intelligence is what defines us. We are able to tell ourselves the truth as we dont suffer "herd mentality".

How do you know whether a soup is sweet or not, if you dont taste it?

I plead that we reconsider our stance though we might feel very annoyed looking at what some slowpokes have been typing on Social Media but that is why it is a faceless forum.

Olorun ti ponwale, kila tunfe? Eyin, Eyin lo'rumo adie nto'ya re. Eroo'waju niwa, aani d'ero eyin!

Please, inu buruku ko ni bi'e! Oodua;agbe wa o.

Thanks for your contribution

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
oluwalfa:

This is what your people are very good at and it has been working for you for years: lies and propaganda while shutting up the opposition. REal Igbos have been systematically banned on this yoruba-owned website and you guys can just post whatever you want as you feel nobody can chalenge you. This is why Radio Biafra is giving you guys nightmares because it is out of your lying control.

Please keep your one nigeria and let me keep my Biafra. OK?

Oluwa-Alfa sound Yoruba, are you so much in-love with our handles that you chose one or is it just for the usual "stealth propaganda and spewing of lies"?
You are welcome!

If you care to know, the Mod is actually one slowpoke Igbo girl that bans me in particular, for every "response" l make to defend my territory! grin grin she has ensured this Thread never hit frontpage, despite gathering as much as 9 pages while the thread it was a rejoinder to, posted by an Igbo instantly hit frontpage! One of her Otimkpus even boasted that it will never hit frontpage! shocked shocked
That is hiw bigoted some of your sister are so, if you think its "us", it might just be "yours"!

As for Radio Biafra, it has been shut down and declared illegal or are you not conversant with news again?
It spews rubbish and works against the interest of future generations.

I will suggest you join the group of "progressive Igbos" who are suing for peace and reconciliation with Yorubas 'cos that is the only sensible way forward.
Harboring hate and anger does much damage to the inner soul, Doctors advice kwa!
undecided undecided

Thanks for your opinion and the Olive branch is extended back to you.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Is this "Isieewuu" your friend? grin grin grin

I yaff die ooooooo

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
Remarkable:

but before the civil war wasn't there hot competition between the two? political, economical and otherwise... if I am not mistaken, 3SC and Rangers were pretty much west pitted against east.... free education was Awo's way of catching up with the east in education... okpara was working to make igweocha the 'lagos' of the east ... (note that I said that I could be mistaken in those assertions before you start on me)... so I think it predates the civil war that a form of competetition begun between the east and the west, Nigeria can not contain the two, it seems... its almost like a fight needs to be fought... let the two tribes agree to fight and the loser will henceforth respect the other; no help from Britain, Russia or world powers... the north, perhaps, can join the yorubas.... and if some groups in the middle belt and south south want to join the igbos, they are free to... un will call/referee the fight and the fight will be televised. Again, the rules of war will be heeded by both sides, so no ojoro, one year to prepare and map out your strategies... and one year later, the winner will ... prostrated to by the loser.

Guys I'm just kidding.
I hope those liking your post are doing so because they see the humor; and not that they believe any of the nonsense you put up there.

But just to be clear that it is all a joke:

1. Yorubas were NEVER playing catch up in education with any group in Nigeria. We were too far ahead to even notice when an Igbo VC in Ibadan started playing "catch up" in a university built with cocoa money.
2. The clubs you mentioned did not exist till after the Nigerian Civil War.

So, continue with your "humor". Of course certain m0r0ns already believe everything you wrote.

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
Where were you when the oba of lagoon threatened igbos who wanted to exercise their civic right of freedom of choice?
LOL. Melodrama can actually signify psychiatric issues to an extent. How did the Oba threaten Igbos? That he will ship you into the lagoon eh? How? By rounding you all up and dumping you in the lagoon? Hilarious.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Curlieweed: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Oluwa-Alfa sound Yoruba, are you so much in-love with our handles that you chose one or is it just for the usual "stealth propaganda and spewing of lies"?
You are welcome!

If you care to know, the Mod is actually one slowpoke Igbo girl that bans me in particular, for every "response" l make to defend my territory! grin grin she has ensured this Thread never hit frontpage, despite gathering as much as 9 pages while the thread it was a rejoinder to, posted by an Igbo instantly hit frontpage! One of her Otimkpus even boasted that it will never hit frontpage! shocked shocked
That is hiw bigoted some of your sister are so, if you think its "us", it might just be "yours"!

As for Radio Biafra, it has been shut down and declared illegal or are you not conversant with news again?

I will suggest you join the group of "progressive Igbos" who are suing for peace and reconciliation with Yorubas 'cos that is the only sensible way forward.
Harboring hate and anger does much damage to the inner soul, Doctors advice kwa!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

I don't see anything wrong with the sort of subtle xenophobia you have laced your posts with. Xenophobia is a legitimate part of the human condition. It's actually the real origin of nationalism. I will fight for your right to express your xenophobia because I believe in human freedom. However, what I find mildly distasteful is your pretending that it's actually a "reconciliation" thread. You sure have a strange way of reconciling with your "brothers' grin grin grin

I do agree that there should be peace among Africans. We are still amongst the poorest and least developed on the planet. Additional strife is unlikely to help our situation. However, we must acknowledge that the key cause of the aforementioned strife is our contrived colonial borders. I have never seen Yorubas expressing hatred for the Kenyan Kikuyu, the Igbo accusing the Tutsis of several crimes or even Tivs fighting with Bamilekes from Cameroon. We should remove these racist inspired borders and the hatred will ebb. In fact, with very few exceptions, most of the African wars are internal civil war types. That should tell you something.

We are all victims here. We were all forced to put up with this unworkable union and it's our duty to realize that it's unworkable, break this colonial prison camp and free the prisoners. That is why I support Biafra.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

You are welcome!

undecided undecided

Lastpage!

oluwalfa is not Oluwa-Alfa. Tufiakwa.
If you are not a natural born olodo you should have realised by now that radio Biafra is alive and broadcasting. Nigeria govt. is a joke.
Oh, we want peace like every good person but we just want to govern ourselves. Why can't you accept that?
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by fr3do(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
CHM11:

English is quite hard!!!...

As much as u try to be stupid on a public forum.

I will try to make easier for your brain.

I have not seen any igbo in the south south. The igbolike tribes I've seen don't call themselves igbos!!!. This doesn't stop them from wanting or not wanting Biafra. Its a thing of choice!!!
(Please take note of the bolded above)

I know even the above clear explanation will still escape your logical dispersion because you are a child born into hate for other human beings. Re-evaluate your life, repent and see what plans God have for you.

I hate no tribe or religion...We are born into what we are,.......respect each other!!!!

Your Governor Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa is a proud Igbo man with his signature red cap.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Esdb3: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Stolen:

Yorubas care about tribe, they are the most tribalistic group in Nigeria. Have u seen any King in Nigeria before threaten to murder and dump an entire tribe in Lagos Lagoon? Yoruba Lagos Oba did right in the presence of igbo dignitary and his guest.

After threatening us, they create a thread to settle difference with our corpse or ghost. Yorubas should go and die.

What you don't grab is that the Lagos Oba is like the king of 0.000009 percent of yorubas. I don't even know his name and I'm a yoruba person. I don't even know what he looks like. He is just politically and money driven. And he was scared that the ibos wouldn't root for ambode. And the ibos too disappointed me by voting for that big lipped fatso. Who cares about a monarch anymore even? I know civilized and educated yorubas don't.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by YoruBanger: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
oluwalfa:

oluwalfa is not Oluwa-Alfa. Tufiakwa.
If you are not a natural born olodo you should have realised by now that radio Biafra is alive and broadcasting. Nigeria govt. is a joke.
Oh, we want peace like every good person but we just want to govern ourselves. Why can't you accept that?

Who is stopping you all from having your Biafra country? Certainly not we Yorubas. And please quit using a Yoruba moniker for goodness sakes. You all claim Yorubas are stopping you from achieving Biafra, please how? We have been asking you all to leave our lands yet you still accuse us of not wanting you to have Biafra. Is it our fault that your kinsmen are so inlove with Nigeria that they refuse to heed Kanu's call to relocate back to the East? ? Maybe when you all begin moving back the Nigerian state will take you all seriously and grant you your independence. Until then, please drop the Yoruba moniker coz you ain't fooling no one.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Soludo Submits Anambra State's “VISION-2070” Perspective Development Plan / Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / Lagos Assembly Passes VAT, Anti-Open Grazing Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.