Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (30747 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by AnambraDota: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2015
kotv:

I understand what you are trying to do. the hypocrisy of Yoruba is very dangerous. they get angry when others call lagos a no man's land but they are always the first to call oil in ss a nigerian oil. that is one thing i don't like about yoruba is their greediness and hypocrisy. I understand the message you passing along but the oil in ss belongs to ss. there is no such thing as no man's oil.

Thosse people are worst than vipers.

They said they accommodate Igbos in Lagos being Yoruba land but always chide away from their beggarly statue as they benefit from oil in Niger Delta.

The same hypocrites will be insulting Ijaws and calling them Fishermen yet they benefit from oils in Niger Delta but when igbos call them lazy cowards in Lagos they will be brushing.

If there is a snake and yorubaman in your room, pursue the Yorubaman first before the snake because a snake is always snake but a Yoruba person could turn to anything worst than a snake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SegunAdewole: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

I agree with you that it takes only an "unguarded statement" to inflame passions.

But could it be that the Oba was speaking in a larger than life metaphor?
I am surprised and still wondering, if the statement was to be interpreted literally, why would the Igbos present in "life and blood" be applauding the Oba at that event?

It cant be out of fear as some would think because l dont see the Oba picking them up and dumping them into the Lagoon right there in front of Cameras?
So, the explanation does not seem logical, IMO.

....and by the way, there was an apology on behalf of Kabiyesi (who by tradition, is beyond apologising to any mortal! grin ) and being just one person, how could the whole Yoruba Nation become an enemy on that account?

Thanks for your opinion on the issues

Lastpage!

Chai this my yoruba broda, so oba threat don become metaphor? If it was Obi of Onitsha that threatened yorubas with drowning in the Niger will it also be a metaphor? Kai why are we yorubas so hypocritical? This is why nobody trusts us in Nigeria, not even the fulanis that we voted for. yoruba ronu o

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Mcowubaba: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Bros, u don dey show your hand small-small o! shocked shocked shocked

As a "non-igbo"! grin grin grin
take am sofry-sofry o!
dont get angry at anyone for thinking differently from you, it why it is called an "opinion".
What they see in Newyork as morning, is what we see in Nigeria as evening (7hours difference) at the same time! wink

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

BTW: Funnily, l could almost decipher an Igbo person, even if he was born in Lagos and had lived all his life in Lagos (meaning pseudo-yoruba sort of), by his choice of words in a sentence! grin grin undecided

Seems we all have "peculiar choice of words" we use, especially when we are not trying to be elusive!
Lol...
So what tribe did u think i am from- IGBO grin
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SegunAdewole: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2015
0monnak0da:
This long explanation is totally unnecessary .These folk are spiteful animals and only understand one language.We do not owe them any explanations.All we need to do is continue with our strategy.When they step out of line we respond. That is all there is to it we cannot be friends with them and are not interested in their point of view so stop all this school boy diplomacy
When History is written scholar will tell those coming that it was these savages that cost GEJ and the south the presidency,in their eyes they are smarter than everyone
They are not in a position to dictate anything those who want to leave Nigeria can leave the borders are open.but they must remember that they lost their land in the war it is no longer theirs the solution for them is to leave the country , or become Muslims or Yorubas.

We yorubas are the biggest loser in Nigeria. The whole of the South sees us as traitors, the SS doesn't trust us, the SE calls us backstabbers, now the North have used us to achieve a Northern domination in Executive, legislative and judiciary and yet won't give us Speaker. For 200 years our land was conquered in kwara, when do we get it back? Bishop oyedepo is a christian from kwara like me, the Emir once ordered the demolision of a church facing a mosque and it was demolished by youth chanting la ila ilala!. We need to get out of Nigeria and put an Oba in illorin until then we remain slaves.

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2015
kotv:

I understand what you are trying to do. the hypocrisy of Yoruba is very dangerous. they get angry when others call lagos a no man's land but they are always the first to call oil in ss a nigerian oil. that is one thing i don't like about yoruba is their greediness and hypocrisy. I understand the message you passing along but the oil in ss belongs to ss. there is no such thing as no man's oil.

You are being silly if you keep repeating this post over an dover again despite the fact that in the previous post, you have been shown the difference between indigenous ownership of land and the Govt ownership of Resources in/on that land, in a Federal System of Govt.

Yorubas dont get angry when you say Lagos is owned by Chadians sef, they know you are just being foolish and if they like you, they will educate you otherwise, they would just leave you to go pass your boundary ....and GBAM, they would wield the BIG STICK on your Coconut head! grin grin

But l understand you are just here to stoke tensions and incite others who might not know what you are on to.

Thanks for being nice, say something more meaningful of Gerrout!
The Thread is actually about how to bridge the gap and build trust between both Nationalities.

Kappish?

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 8:09am On Jul 15, 2015
SegunAdewole:

We yorubas Igbos are the biggest loser in Nigeria. The whole of the South sees us as traitors, the SS doesn't trust us, the SE SW calls us backstabbers, now the North have used us to achieve a Northern domination in Executive, legislative and judiciary and yet won't give us Speaker. For 200 years our land has conquered in kwara, when do we get it back? Bishop oyedepo is a christian from kwara like me, the Emir once ordered the demolision of a church facing a mosque and it was demolished by youth chanting la ila ilala!. We need to get of Nigeria and put an Oba in illorin until then we Igbos remain slaves.

Okay, l will take exception to you this Ibo boy that registered on Nairaland using a Yoruba-sounding handle! You will remain a SLAVE all your life
If you want to contribute, you are always welcomed but only a bastard, a born-throwway, hides under the skin of other tribes, to stoke ethnic hatred. I KNOW YO VERY WELL, you hear.

I dont want to isult anyone here but please jejely wakawaka away for your own sake.
Funnily, you are from kwara TODAY, abi? Not from Ibadan or Ogbomosho again grin grin

You are warned!

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Lol...
So what tribe did u think i am from- IGBO grin

"By their fruits, Ye shall know them" - The holy Bible!

Thanks very much!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Mcowubaba: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

U talk well Bros.

Are you aware that Lagos Fashola was the first to have an Igbo State Commissioner?
Are you aware that there are a few LGA Chairmen of Igbo origin in Lagos state?

Going by percentage of total population, Igbos are less than 10% of Lagos population (Dont foget Lagos has five divisions, as far as Epe!)

dont you think Lagos and Yorubas are generous on that account or less say "accommodating" to that effect?

How many Yoruba Commissioners do we have in the Eastern state?

But that is not even the point.
The main thing is to show appreciation to your host, to "arrange them" (as in Aponle) such that they feel honored and not to get into a confrontational attitude with them.
This will go a long way in ensuring that you are sure-footed in their domain as they will not be looking over their shoulders and wondering what next you intend to grab!
....and if we go by antecedents of the Igbo then back, when they had the Ultimate Power as Head of state of Nigeria, Bros, it was a bit scary o! shocked shocked

Having said that, we are now in 2015 and our efforts should be focused on "re-assuring ourselves, integrating ourselves, breaking down barriers" yet some are still shouting Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu is still shouting and inciting Igbos to kill Yorubas anywhere they find them in the East.
Has he forgotten that a lot of Igbos also live in the South West?

Anyway, we are going to encourage all Igbos who have "faith in this Olive Branch and believe in EQUITY" to take a leap of faith.
We have die-hards within us as well as you have but the "good ones" must speak up for Peace while trying to convince the die-hards to let bygones be bygones.

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!
Tinubu appointed an Igbo first b4 fashola!!
Let us be sincere, who ever carried out that population survey that arrived @ Igbos having 10% of population in Lagos is a big lie/false anaylsis..Igbo should have atleast 35%, which can be seen/witness during the last election, despite many Igbos either not voting/coming back to the east...we all knw Igbo voted massively For PDP, nd that significantly affected both the Presidential, Gubernatorial nd house election results...
On Yorubas getting appointment in SE, the should go nd live there, have a significant population nd economic importance, pls note all Igbos in Lagos State government are residing in Lagos, don't act as if Fashola/Ambode came dwn to Aba nd took nd Igbo man nd appointed him...
Now to the point abt "HOST" that want I don't really get...u preach 1 Nigeria, Equity, De-tribalisation yet u still talk abt "HOST" undecided in USA if Newyork man goes to Nevada will he be regarded as a foreigner..the problem is we Africans need to change our mentality 1st!!!
I knw u will opined that Niger Delta oil is NIGERIAN OIL cheesy grin...but Lagos seaport/airport/land is Yoruba own...if oil 4rm SS/SE is used for the whole Nigeria...an Igbo man/SS man can demand recognition in any part of Nigeria...Oga that is the Concept of 1 Nigeria!!!...

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by coolitempa(f): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2015
0monnak0da:
This long explanation is totally unnecessary .These folk are spiteful animals and only understand one language.We do not owe them any explanations.All we need to do is continue with our strategy.When they step out of line we respond. That is all there is to it we cannot be friends with them and are not interested in their point of view so stop all this school boy diplomacy
When History is written scholar will tell those coming that it was these savages that cost GEJ and the south the presidency,in their eyes they are smarter than everyone
They are not in a position to dictate anything those who want to leave Nigeria can leave the borders are open.but they must remember that they lost their land in the war it is no longer theirs the solution for them is to leave the country , or become Muslims or Yorubas.

Gbosa.....word.....we can never trust these hateful people.... cheesy....I have always said let them have their Biafra they are free to go....but they cannot and will not be allowed to dictate terms...... angry...and if they ever step out of line.....we will deal with them...... angry
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by kotv: 8:22am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

You are being silly if you keep repeating this post over an dover again despite the fact that in the previous post, you have been shown the difference between indigenous ownership of land and the Govt ownership of Resources in/on that land, in a Federal System of Govt.

Yorubas dont get angry when you say Lagos is owned by Chadians sef, they know you are just being foolish and if they like you, they will educate you otherwise, they would just leave you to go pass your boundary ....and GBAM, they would wield the BIG STICK on your Coconut head! grin grin

But l understand you are just here to stoke tensions and incite others who might not know what you are on to.

Thanks for being nice, say something more meaningful of Gerrout!
The Thread is actually about how to bridge the gap and build trust between both Nationalities.

Kappish?

Lastpage!

This guy is exactly the type of yoruba I described. the first to tell you lagos is yoruba but on the side also contradicting himself by calling ss oil nigerian oil. the money used from ss is what built lagos, it is that same oil lagos is currently getting millions in taxes for after stealing the headquarters from us. if you insist you have the right to get angry for others naming lagos a no man's land but have the audacity to call resources not from your side a nigerian oil then I have the audacity to call you a greedy hypocrite.

you are not suffering the oil spillage, we are
you are not suffering the gas flares, we are
you are not suffering the acidic rain, we are
you are not suffering the exploitation, we are

as for your topic and bridging the gap between nationalities, you of all people have insulted ibos many times on this website even without provocation. this your topic also have more yoruba insulting ibos than the other way around, you people attack them verbally more than anyone, ibos will be very stupid to fall for this obvious snake in a grass act. i am not ibo so how they address this is none of my concern but i still maintain they will be very stupid if they fall for this.

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:
ONLY BASTARDS call any land in Nigeria a no man's land. Yes you have the freedom to roam anywhere in Nigeria because you are a Nigerian, the same reason why you don't see a Yoruba man being made an Obi or a calabarman being made TOR TIV or an ebiraman being crowned an Oba, every land is very indigineous, this happens all over Africa but just ONE tribe kills themselves over this.

AND ONLY ORPHANS WILL CALL SOUTH SOUTH'S OIL NIGERIA'S
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:
You mean ND oil??when did SE start producing MAJOR oil??Ondo state alone produce more oil than all of SE.....next will be Lagos soon. Stay tuned!
it is none of my business if even the north starts producing oil.. at least the oil blocks would be given to a south south man
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by chamboy(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2015
unstableaswater:
Any Yoruba man can wake up one morning and post any nonsense that they like and say igbo group.

Let me tell you one thing about posting a topic and replying yourself, it is the first sign of madness.

If the group is not Ohanaeze then it is not an igbo group with recognition.

OP son go and read your book and leave igbos, they are far too great for a riffraff like you.

unstability would continue to run it life for ever
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:
Oga, I have NEVER heard of any ND person that disputes the ownership of lagos, because they are very proud of their origin.its only the Igbos .And Yorubas cannot dispute that the oil doesn't belong to ND. The only People that ND'ers should be more careful and concerned about are the igbos because right after the presidential election loss, a lot of them have been using word like " our oil in the east feed nigeria", "lower niger" , "Biafra includes the ND" etc. They can't go Biafra alone without ND oli so they are recent ATTACHÉS by force with ND. Igbos can never coexist with anyone once they have cornered ND oil. A word is enough. ...

I am south south OK!!! Where did you see Biafra above? Or you think south south is ready to continue existing with you? You call south south Igbos too, but you are quick to divide them from Igbo when the mention of Biafra is made.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 0monnak0da: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2015
SegunAdewole:

My mother is an old ashaw that does not know it is time to retire.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Stop the lies. You can deny anyway but the truth is widely open Ogunbor. Can see you have switch from naija delta oil to south south oil, very good. The oil producing states are called Niger Delta and a Yoruba state is part of it. They are even the fourth or fifth in terms of contribution among the 9 states. They even collect 13 percent derivation but other region that contributes through Agriculture dont receive any derivation so I dont know your problem. No one is holding you from forming Nigerdelta republic and you cant see a Yoruba man holding you from doing that so i dont know why you are foaming in the mouth.

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
ApcSucks:

Pendy ur always found in tribalism thread what kind of human are you? Child of hate and backwardness olukwu
[/s]

Accursed baby factory product, May you never see goodness in your life anymore if i am not pendy. I hate cowards like you that call people different monikers when you have been smashed. You are dumb and slow, may tanker accident be your portion if am not pendy. Oloshi omo ale

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Stop the lies. You can deny anyway but the truth is widely open Ogunbor. Can see you have switch from naija delta oil to south south oil, very good. The oil producing states are called Niger Delta and a Yoruba state is part of it. They are even the fourth or fifth in terms of contribution among the 9 states. They even collect 13 percent derivation but other region that contributes through Agriculture dont receive any derivation so I dont know your problem. No one is holding you from forming Nigerdelta republic and you cant see a Yoruba man holding you from doing that so i dont know why you are foaming in the mouth.

u mean agriculture!! or is the food given free? there are a million and one countries that would gladly and happily import CHEAPER food and of higher quality than the north, OK!! Edo state has land good for farming, but federal govt doesn't want to support them so the relevancy of the north won't dwindle ...am not ogunbor...don't force names on me.. u hear$$ or is your bright?...also u can pass ur point without having to insult... though it doesn't move me, just concerned about the 'home training' your parents gave you...

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by CHM11: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Goodboiyy:

God bless you CHM11

The Igbo re just fighting For Biafra so only them will have access to our resources. greedy fellows. Why Nigeria on the other hand are fighting to keep the resources within there control.

That why we need to come out and say We want Niger Delta Republic, Or better still a country with Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Ilaje will be better the reason I added ilaje is bcous there languages is 80% itsekiri.

or One Nigeria
Some will hate you for telling them your view!!!....funny people.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
kotv:

Ondo does not produce more oil that se. ondo produces the least oil in Nigeria. It is also not part of nd. Obasanjo made it a nd but it is not.
[/s]

Liar. Post your evidence and stop your lies.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by cheruv: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2015
Remarkable:

but before the civil war wasn't there hot competition between the two? political, economical and otherwise... if I am not mistaken, 3SC and Rangers were pretty much west pitted against east.... free education was Awo's way of catching up with the east in education... okpara was working to make igweocha the 'lagos' of the east ... (note that I said that I could be mistaken in those assertions before you start on me)... so I think it predates the civil war that a form of competetition begun between the east and the west, Nigeria can not contain the two, it seems... its almost like a fight needs to be fought... let the two tribes agree to fight and the loser will henceforth respect the other; no help from Britain, Russia or world powers... the north, perhaps, can join the yorubas.... and if some groups in the middle belt and south south want to join the igbos, they are free to... un will call/referee the fight and the fight will be televised. Again, the rules of war will be heeded by both sides, so no ojoro, one year to prepare and map out your strategies... and one year later, the winner will ... prostrated to by the loser.

Guys I'm just kidding.
I like your ideas bro..
In fact troops are moving to reinforce the western command in agbor as we speak.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 8:55am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
klevjey:

u mean agriculture!! or is the food given free? there are a million and one countries that would gladly and happily import CHEAPER food and of higher quality than the north, OK!! Edo state has land good for farming, but federal govt doesn't want to support them so the relevancy of the north won't dwindle ...am not ogunbor...don't force names on me.. u hear$$ or is your bright?...also u can pass ur point without having to insult... though it doesn't move me, just concerned about the 'home training' your parents gave you...
[/s]

You denigrate other tribe by calling them Southwest and you complaining of insult. Are you ok? You ediots are born hypocrite and reason you all spew rubbish daily. You can keep denying yourself but thats not my concern. Only wretched people deny thereself when bursted.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Okay, l will take exception to you this Ibo boy that registered on Nairaland using a Yoruba-sounding handle! You will remain a SLAVE all your life
If you want to contribute, you are always welcomed but only a bastard, a born-throwway, hides under the skin of other tribes, to stoke ethnic hatred. I KNOW YO VERY WELL, you hear.

I dont want to isult anyone here but please jejely wakawaka away for your own sake.
Funnily, you are from kwara TODAY, abi? Not from Ibadan or Ogbomosho again grin grin

You are warned!

Lastpage!

That guy is a born coward. His other moniker is customized and he is a certified cursed Yeebhoe. I hate those kinda people that hide behind monikers to throw insult. It shows they are scared and cowardice is in there DNA. Shame
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
AnambraDota:

Thosse people are worst than vipers.

They said they accommodate Igbos in Lagos being Yoruba land but always chide away from their beggarly statue as they benefit from oil in Niger Delta.

The same hypocrites will be insulting Ijaws and calling them Fishermen yet they benefit from oils in Niger Delta but when igbos call them lazy cowards in Lagos they will be brushing.

If there is a snake and yorubaman in your room, pursue the Yorubaman first before the snake because a snake is always snake but a Yoruba person could turn to anything worst than a snake.
[/s]

Accursed shameless drug addict. A lazy grown man that still live with his senile mother in the village. A man that believe yoruba is the cause of his misfortune. The local as.hewo you impregnate will curse you at the end when she know the real you. Your father did same before dying and am sure that girl will also do it. Shameless yeebhoe hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by joseph1832(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
I am happy that Igbos and Yorubas are seeing so much reasons why there should be peace. We need Igbo/Yoruba unity to achieve growth in this country. I think we all should allow the events of 1967-70 behind us and forge a new phase of our relationship.

God Bless the BIG THREE (Igbo-Yoruba-Hausa)! God bless the other ethnic minorities(but equal in Nigeria). Most importantly, God Bless the Great Ijaw Nation.
Na wa oh! So God should bless the Ijaw tribe more than any tribe in Nigeria? Marvelous, bloody marvelous!!!.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by sweetgala(m): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Distrust should not be spread into the minds of innocent children!

This is why we adults need to "come to terms" with our history.

Some of our Brothers still think the war is still ongoing and there is going to be a trophy next tomorrow?

we all need to take a deep breath and take a step backwards..... detach our feelings from the issue and examine it like outsiders.

For example, l ask myself: If l am a Ghananian, and somebody attacks Accra, what would l do?
Would l provide Bread for that person so he can have strength for the next day fight, after being exhausted killing my own people or would l throw his remaining bread into the pit so he can starve and not have strength to fight the next day?
That is the "mentality of war" and it is human nature.

We have all tried our best but the war was over almost 50years ago! We need to get over it and dont spread it into future generations

Its like a divorced husband and wife with children, they hate each other so much but the children between the means they cannot "completely sever the cord" between them cleanly as they both would like to do, hence, the best thing to do is to "manage it amicably" with the children's interest being uppermost in the minds of both parties!
But like most women, "some" of our Igbo brothers will use the children as a weapon of punishment to their spouse! grin grin

It may not sound good coming from a Yoruba person but l have not seen a single place where any Igbo has accepted their role in the whole fiasco? Is it that Igbos never did anything to precipitate the war or were they "saints" just sitting idle during the war?
Why the denial? Its not a shame to admit you are wrong, if you are wrong

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!

Thanks for telling the bitter truth the way it is, the Yoruba should be the most aggrieved party in this whole issue, in the history of Nigeria before the Yoruba got going by 1966 temhe Igbo had in partnership with the north betrayed SW twice if not thrice.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 7lives: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:

Why then do you threaten death and Hades at the mention of Biafra, why does the word Biafra send trepidation down your hearts?

NL is owned by a Yoruba man, it's not a property of Odua-Arewanistan republic, I don't have a problem with individuals, I simply don't want to share same national identity with Odua-Arewa people, and I am happy the feeling is mutual.

A Yoruba man is an Odua citizen or i'm i missing something.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

what of alakija and odetola owning oil wells in south south?
...and what is "South South"? You of course think all oil producing regions of the country belong to "Biafra" but I can guarantee you that there are pockets of Yoruboid people in the waterside areas.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 9:30am On Jul 15, 2015
logica:
...and what is "South South"? You of course think all oil producing regions of the country belong to "Biafra" but I can guarantee you that there are pockets of Yoruboid people in the waterside areas.

am south south ...
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 7lives: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Bros, I think its high time we Yorubas drop that omoluabi tag and give it to these people. I dont have facebook account but had to go register one when a nairaland friend send me a page of how some peeps are discussing on how they will annihilate the Yorubas. It happens to be Nnamdi Kanu's page, its always curse and insult. When a nairalander friend said I should listen to radio biafra, I thought its a normal chest beating things yeebhoes do on nairaland with there normal bragging but was surprised when people call in to inform the director guy that they are ready to finish the Yorubas once and for all. One guy said he is angry that the director is delaying the order that he need to kill all Yorubas/Hausa so he can have rest of mind. The man have brainwashed them that Yoruba is there problem, they blame Yorubas for everything on this earth. How can you still blame Yoruba for the problem of your region when we all collect federal allocations from the Fed government. its not that Yorubas are been paid some special monthly money, I dont know how Yoruba is been blamed for the rot in there region when they also have governors and reps.

They call us coward cos we are quiet and not aggressive like the Hausa, maybe they will learn to respect us when we show them. We dont look for trouble anywhere and reason they see us as coward. They live peacefully in our land, but I now blame my people for been cool with these beast called yeebhoes. I hope you can see one of them here saying Nnamdi Kanu's call for for the killing of Yorubas is nothing, that its no big deal. I have spread there words and inform many Yoruba people in Naija to watch out for the yeebhoes. We should be at alert now and be careful, we are now enemies and we should let them know. Nnamdi Kanu is a god in Igboland for preaching genocide on Yoruba/Hausa people. They hate us and we should let them know its now mutual.

Oruko ta ba ma so omo eni, inu eni l'ongbe. You think Yoruba elders are not aware of this?.
Let them continue to make noise, don't join them in their madness, ma pelu obo jawura.
I can assure you that if they try any nonsense, o ma se won be action movie ni, won a sare, ni ibi ti won ba ti nsa lo, won a sare koja ona ilu won.
O dabi eni pe o gbe ilu oke ri? thank God for christianity, Ogbomoso nikan tito lati pa awon eranko yen run, ka ma tie wa so apapo gbogbo ile Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

You denigrate other tribe by calling them Southwest and you complaining of insult. Are you ok? You ediots are born hypocrite and reason you all spew rubbish daily. You can keep denying yourself but thats not my concern. Only wretched people deny thereself when bursted.

Who burst who? Get a grip dude..No matter how you see it, Lagos belongs to everybody and to nobody..The sooner South West recognizes that, the better!!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2015
ogba20:
. Am nt an igbo man, with respect to what happen in dis past general election i must say that the yoruba are betretals, take it or leave it. Green snake in a green grass.

Sir, According to the last election, Can you tell us how they are betrayals? We are listening. Show us any agreement that the Yoruba breached? You kids just come online to spew nonsense in the name of making comment. Who did they betray? How? We are waiting .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Called "Garri" In Kano, Osinbajo "Groundnut" & Saraki "Sugar" - Guardian / Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped / We​’ll Resume Our Struggle If Buhari “draws First Blood” – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.