Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? - Technology Market (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? (131686 Views)

Cheap Used Foreign Air Conditioner for Sales / 1.5 HP Haier Thermocool Air Conditioner For Sale / Get The Best Air Conditioning Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Justplaying: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
alphabbey1:
hisense is really good bro, but you see those inverter thermocool brand, na big scam. Imagine I dey on fan to support 1.5hp inverter AC
Thermocool Tundra series is outstanding, I use 1.5 HP in my bedroom, the performance surpassed my expectations. I don’t know about other series but for Tundra Series I can advise anyone looking for a New budget AC to purchase, you don’t need to use ceiling or standing fans to support asides you want to freeze.

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ringi82(m): 2:05am On Feb 10, 2022
From personal experience, Bruhm AC's also not bad. The 1,5hp variant is extremely chilly. I can't even use it for 2hrs straight without putting it off, cuz I don dey shiver., even at 29 degrees. Below 20 degrees is out of the question. I just need a capable generator to power it when nepa take light. Heat season dey come and lag go begin hot like bakery now.

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ringi82(m): 2:14am On Feb 10, 2022
Mobile AC's are the worst. Aside the fact that they consume a lot of power, they don't circulate the whole room. It may also damage your stab and mess with your electric installation board. Stay far away from it, I don't think it's meant for the Nigerian Market.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by alphabbey1(m): 5:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Justplaying:

Thermocool Tundra series is outstanding, I use 1.5 HP in my bedroom, the performance surpassed my expectations. I don’t know about other series but for Tundra Series I can advise anyone looking for a New budget AC to purchase, you don’t need to use ceiling or standing fans to support asides you want to freeze.
most brands of AC that's non inverter actually cools equally good as well.... The focus is on inverter AC...

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Lamzee(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2022
ringi82:
From personal experience, Bruhm AC's also not bad. The 1,5hp variant is extremely chilly. I can't even use it for 2hrs straight without putting it off, cuz I don dey shiver., even at 29 degrees. Below 20 degrees is out of the question. I just need a capable generator to power it when nepa take light. Heat season dey come and lag go begin hot like bakery now.
Can I use Elepaq 3.5kw , already carrying hisense small fridge, ox big standing fan , tv with the Bruhm 1.5HP
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ringi82(m): 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Lamzee:

Can I use Elepaq 3.5kw , already carrying hisense small fridge, ox big standing fan , tv with the Bruhm 1.5HP
Not advisable bro. Except you don't want your gen to last. U may use it on ONLY the ac but not combined with the other appliances.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ladykilllar: 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hello guys,

How often should one service an AC unit?

I bought mine around July, 2021 and it has been working perfectly until i noticed in the last two weeks that setting it at 16 degrees celsius does not evenly cool my room anymore.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Lamzee(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2022
ringi82:

Not advisable bro. Except you don't want your gen to last. U may use it on ONLY the ac but not combined with the other appliances.
Thanks , how about 1HP
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ringi82(m): 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2022
Lamzee:

Thanks , how about 1HP
Still not safe, except you are using tec gen, like the 3.5kva or 3.0kw thermocool generator.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
ladykilllar:
Hello guys,

I bought mine around July, 2021 and it has been working perfectly until i noticed in the last two weeks that setting it at 16 degrees celsius does not evenly cool my room anymore.

It is due for service. You can try cleaning the air filters and check for improvement before you call in the technician.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Justplaying: 5:53am On Feb 11, 2022
alphabbey1:
most brands of AC that's non inverter actually cools equally good as well.... The focus is on inverter AC...
I totally agree with you, there’s been bad reviews & experiences with the thermocool AC products I just needed to put my experience with there product out, at there Warehouse during my purchase the Genpal inverter AC was cooling excellently well. You might want to reach out to there Customer Service for help if your item is still under 3 years warranty.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by gambudu: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
Can a qlink stabilizer of 2kva carry a 1Hp nexus AC ?

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by gambudu: 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2022
Also my duravolt 5kva suddenly starts tripping off after 3mins. It's on 1hp AC and works well without any load on it ?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Crieff(m): 3:54am On Feb 23, 2022
Hi Sacramento1212,

Great thread and inputs from you guys. So, I have read through the thread from page 1 to 13 and I have three questions:

1. Is the type of refrigerant r410 written on the AC body or label? How would you know the type of refrigerant that is in an AC?

2. Are brands that say their AC has low consumption (Scanfrost, Skyrun, Etc) the same thing as inverter AC?

3. AC coil I gathered should be copper and not aluminium. How would one know the type of coil that is in an AC brand? Is it something one can know by looking at the label on the AC?

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Crieff(m): 3:55am On Feb 23, 2022
efepeppereski:
Good day all. Can a solar inverter powered a Hisense inverter AC? If yes, what capacity of solar inverter can power the AC? Thanks.

This too.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 6:35am On Feb 24, 2022
1. It's usually written on the body of the outdoor unit. You can also ask the seller and they will tell you.

2. No, they aren't same. An AC can be low consumption and also not be an inverter. If it's inverter, it will clearly state so.

3. A copper coil AC is usually brownish in colour of pipe while aluminum is silver colour. Always ask confirm before buying. Again, copper AC is more expensive than Aluminum.

Crieff:
Hi Sacramento1212,

Great thread and inputs from you guys. So, I have read through the thread from page 1 to 13 and I have three questions:

1. Is the type of refrigerant r410 written on the AC body or label? How would you know the type of refrigerant that is in an AC?

2. Are brands that say their AC has low consumption (Scanfrost, Skyrun, Etc) the same thing as inverter AC?

3. AC coil I gathered should be copper and not aluminium. How would one know the type of coil that is in an AC brand? Is it something one can know by looking at the label on the AC?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 6:44am On Feb 24, 2022
ladykilllar:
Hello guys,

Servicing time of an AC unit is dependent on usage and environment. If you run the unit every day for several hours, it should be at most every 3 months but you can always remove the filter, clean and put back every month.

Running the unit for so long without cleaning filters isn't good and after a while, the dust will start penetrating on the evaporator coils and get it blocked which will then require removing and flushing the unit via a pressure pump.

With your description, your AC is over due for service and should be addressed asap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Iamajala: 6:44am On Feb 24, 2022
Please I need 1.5hp outdoor unit only, my compressor got burn and I don't have idea of how much they're selling it.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ladykilllar: 12:28am On Feb 25, 2022
aieromon:

It is due for service. You can try cleaning the air filters and check for improvement before you call in the technician.

Man, with some videos on YouTube i took out the filters, washed them and carefully replaced them back. The Ac works perfectly now. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ladykilllar: 12:29am On Feb 25, 2022
sacramento1212:

Servicing time of an AC unit is dependent on usage and environment. If you run the unit every day for several hours, it should be at most every 3 months but you can always remove the filter, clean and put back every month.

Running the unit for so long without cleaning filters isn't good and after a while, the dust will start penetrating on the evaporator coils and get it blocked which will then require removing and flushing the unit via a pressure pump.

With your description, your AC is over due for service and should be addressed asap.

Man, with some videos on YouTube i took out the filters, washed them and carefully replaced them back. The Ac works perfectly

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 7:07am On Feb 25, 2022
ladykilllar:

Man, with some videos on YouTube i took out the filters, washed them and carefully replaced them back. The Ac works perfectly

That's great to know. Ensure you remove and wash filter from time to time depending on your usage so as to keep your evaporator coils very neat.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by ladykilllar: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
sacramento1212:

That's great to know. Ensure you remove and wash filter from time to time depending on your usage so as to keep your evaporator coils very neat.

I will. Man it was so dirty. I actually use the AC everyday.

Thanks again

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
sacramento1212:

hi boss and everyone in the house. I have an issue with my AC.

Name: Kenstar
Size: 1.5 hp

The issue;
The AC isn't cooling like wow anymore. Before now, I'll put it off or use a blanket but not anymore.

What I've done: 1. I contacted the guy that installed the AC and he said it must be the gas since he already cleaned the unit. Do he changed the gas. He changed the gas because he felt the AC stayed long without use before I bought it (new). When he checked the gas level, it was at 4% instead of 8% (according to him.) This didn't improve anything.
2. I contacted another guy who took the indoor unit to be vacuumed and when he brought it back, he topped up the gas. Nothing has improved so far.

History of the AC.
Bought new in April but the owner had it for like two years just sitting in the box at home. The first time similar issue of not cooling so much happened, the general cleaning sorted it out.

What can I do guys?

Also, the AC used to cut supply in 5 minutes but all that stopped when I started using a 5kva stab. This was after the first cleaning.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
Stormyweather:
hi boss and everyone in the house. I have an issue with my AC.

Name: Kenstar
Size: 1.5 hp

The issue;
The AC isn't cooling like wow anymore. Before now, I'll put it off or use a blanket but not anymore.

What I've done: 1. I contacted the guy that installed the AC and he said it must be the gas since he already cleaned the unit. Do he changed the gas. He changed the gas because he felt the AC stayed long without use before I bought it (new). When he checked the gas level, it was at 4% instead of 8% (according to him.) This didn't improve anything.
2. I contacted another guy who took the indoor unit to be vacuumed and when he brought it back, he topped up the gas. Nothing has improved so far.

History of the AC.
Bought new in April but the owner had it for like two years just sitting in the box at home. The first time similar issue of not cooling so much happened, the general cleaning sorted it out.

What can I do guys?

Also, the AC used to cut supply in 5 minutes but all that stopped when I started using a 5kva stab. This was after the first cleaning.

So many things may be responsible for it not cooling properly. If the freon level is normal and there's no leakage, then it may be voltage problem. But if voltage is normal but you still experience the same problem, i will suggest you remove the unit, take it to the car wash guys for pressure pump washing of the indoor & outdoor unit i.e if the unit was previously very dirty before the service.

Because sometimes, if the unit isn't breathing well due to blockage on evaporator coils, it won't chill properly. If you can, snap and upload your evaporator coils let me see the condition.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
sacramento1212:

So many things may be responsible for it not cooling properly. If the freon level is normal and there's no leakage, then it may be voltage problem. But if voltage is normal but you still experience the same problem, i will suggest you remove the unit, take it to the car wash guys for pressure pump washing of the indoor & outdoor unit i.e if the unit was previously very dirty before the service.

Because sometimes, if the unit isn't breathing well due to blockage on evaporator coils, it won't chill properly. If you can, snap and upload your evaporator coils let me see the condition.
so they took the indoor unit to the car wash already but not the outdoor. The voltage is okay (I guess) because it doesn't trip off like it used to. I'll get the service guy to open it so I can get a picture of the coil. I also noticed that the sound it makes when it picks previously isn't as loud as this one. Also, the outdoor unit is steady dripping water like when it was cooling very well.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by enumerica: 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
I want new LG 1.5hp inverter air conditioner with 150k as my budget, is it obtainable?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
enumerica:
I want new LG 1.5hp inverter air conditioner with 150k as my budget, is it obtainable?

https://www.fouanistore.com/lg-products/lg-appliances/lg-air-conditioners/lg-gencool-dual-inverter-1.0hp-en/
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by omonjerry: 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hello
Hisense inverters ac which one can work on 2kva gen. Or any other good product
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
Stormyweather:
so they took the indoor unit to the car wash already but not the outdoor. The voltage is okay (I guess) because it doesn't trip off like it used to. I'll get the service guy to open it so I can get a picture of the coil. I also noticed that the sound it makes when it picks previously isn't as loud as this one. Also, the outdoor unit is steady dripping water like when it was cooling very well.

You can contact another AC service guy to come inspect as against the one you know. Once you do, update on outcome so i can advise.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 12:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
enumerica:

It's not. Your budget is low. That unit is over 200,000
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
sacramento1212:

You can contact another AC service guy to come inspect as against the one you know. Once you do, update on outcome so i can advise.
that would be the third AC guy to inspect on this cause. Omo I'm weak already. Please I also sent a PM please reply
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Cebaz(m): 8:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
nonny1212:
Can you post the picture of your own?

Initially I wanted to go for thermocool inverter AC coz my refrigerator and my generator is thermocool and everyone know how expensive their product can be. I called their showroom in my location and I was told 181,700 for 1.5hp. It was expensive for me that was what triggered my switch to another brand.

I watched the euros match and seeing hisense as the sponsor, that gave them the boost in my list although I had LG dual inverter AC in mind.

I met someone that complained that his 1.5 LG Inverter wasn't cooling his sitting room enough, he had to add hisense non inverter to get him that chill. This review made me change my mind from LG too.

I met another guy that gave me 100% assurance that I won't regret buying hisense Inverter coz that is what he is using. And guess what, e dey cheaper than the 2 I rejected.

So far, av been enjoying this AC, very fast cooling.

Polystar too is good. I know a friend that uses it in his office and e dey try. Maybe na because say na 1hp.

Mine is 1.5hp.

I have hisence inverter 2hp, but after a while , the outside one trips for , thereby disturbs the chilling. But at midnight it dsnt stop, they said I should support it with 5000 watts stabilizer that if I connect the stab, it will improve the chilling effect cos the power will boost up. I only use it at midnight wen voltage is a bit high

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (30) (Reply)

PICK UP SERVICE FROM OFFERUP, LETGO AND PERSONAL SHOPPING IN ATLANTA / Buy Cheap And Quality Home Theatre Systems And Sound Bars In Lagos / MTN 1gb Now N350, 10gb = N2900 - WhatsApp: 08092002503

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.